[Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

0ly40

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Wish there were more episodes.  It has a slow moving beginning..  It seems like it will be a dark drama.  Mean grandpa, mad at daughter-in-law because his son died in an accident and she survived.  She ends up in a mental institution. Grandpa raises granddaughter and tells her her mother is dead.

Granddaughter, rich girl, is sad, lonely and depressed.  Lot of mental issues.

Husband probably married rich girl for money and is now working with her Dr. to prove she is mentally ill so he can have her put in an institution.  I also suspect he may be cheating with the Dr.  The medicine they are making rich girl take are probably causing all her problems. Husband will plan to get rid of the grandfather too, so he will be the one in charge and have all the money.  

Mother/housekeeper, I haven't quite figured her out yet.  She seems to have a lot of secrets.  Not sure why her husband would allow her to take a job where she can rarely come home and she won't even let them know where she works.  Seems a little weird to me.  I guess the pay is worth it.

Security person, driver, seems to have a grudge against the grandpa.  Nothing spoken about it yet but it is a feeling I get from watching the episodes so far.  Something bad happened about 20 years ago and it must have affected him in some way.  Possibly his father died in the dye/chemical factory.  So far I like this person.  Hope he turns out to be a good guy and helps our heroine.  

Our heroine, poor girl, kind and hardworking.  Doesn't look good for her future at this point.  Not sure who's daughter she actually is.  She may be the daughter of the rich family and was switched at birth.  There seems to always be a birth secret in daily dramas so this is probably it.  I guess we will find out later. 

Now we know a little more.  Bit and pieces.  Does seem like Se Yeon is not Hong PIl Mok's natural daughter - he made a comment about her being like his own when she was in the hospital.

Mr. Lee as you @Pam_Van Fossen predict, is the son of someone who died in the chemical factory accident.  We also see him thinking about a little girl being taken away, adopted away - it appears- I am not sure if she was his bio sister? Were they in a orphanage?  If that little girl is Se Yeon they won't be involved romantically if they are sister and brother.    Also - I am confused as to why from the beginning Mr. Lee wanted Se Yeon to work at that charity show and he tried to bring her close to Kyung Hee - I am wondering if he knows that Mrs Geum is her mother.  He just showed an interest in her and not sure exactly what it is.  

Annyeonghaseyo Chingu’s 

I will be watching this drama for sure. It seems to very Interesting withblot of twists. I have decided to tell you my theories on what is going on. Please bare with me ..

Park Ha Na 

Hong Se Yeon

Wang Bit Na

Eun Kyun Hye

Birth Secret 

Hong Se Yeon is Eun Kyun Hye

Eun Kyun Hye is Hong Se Yeon

Geum Young Sook must have a grude with Eun family or feels that she is owed something because she has been lying to that family for 20 years. 

EKH’s Mom (Park Soo Ran)think that Eun Ki Tae abandoned her and she lost her baby. She even planted a tree for her daughter to remember. EKT thinks PSR lost her memory, only GYS knows the real story. 

GYS is totally blind to the pain and suffering her child is going through. HSY sees that EKH is miserable and lonely but all GSY sees is that her daughter is living the good life. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집 - Mon-Fri @ 19:50 PM KST

Ep 8 w/Eng subs:

SlimeballHubby scheming to take-over wife's family riches.

RichWitch wife/daughter/granddaughter.

CrookedDr in-league with SlimeballHubby. I love that she is already re-decorating the place.  Hope in the next few episodes she whips-out a measuring tape and starts taking measurements for her future reno projects.  After offing RichWitch, they still have to kill-off Gramp$.   Even with the long lead-times of custom items, she is really pushing-it.

LoyalAide loyal?  Time will tell.

Heroine...  One minute she's docile and subservient, the next she is standing-up to those snooty, insufferable RichPeople. 

LoudPoorFamily is a loud, blue-collar family.  The usual characters, including one cute Kiddo that is smarter than the entire family summed. 

MysteriousMom.  What's up with her?  She's loyal to Gramp$.  But what is she really thinking?

A couple of handsome guys for conflict and competition:  Copper & LoyalAide. 

Looks like a typical angsty daily drama. 

120 episodes means 112 more to go. 

I'm in!

On 05/02/2018 at 5:23 PM, dramaninja said:

Man another revenge drama. :mellow:

That is. This lady was in first love again and acted as a bad girl. During one of her interviews she said she would love to act good girl but she has gone back to being another psycho again.  It seems their daily drama revolves around the same characters which makes watching very boring cos it will be hard to separate the characters. Eg that man with white hair just finished one daily drama not long ago, the good girl finished one last yr and the bad girl also the same.  Are they exclusively on contract with kbs. This good girl, I want to watch her in mini dramas. She is so into family dramas and it's not like she isn't good. Anyway, what do I know.

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Count me in for this one also. I bet mom locks her daughter up in the mental hospital to take crazy place.. Which she's probably not apart of that family..   

@sava2sava.... I can't watch this drama no more. It is to painful, although crazy person is cruel. It isn't her fault. Reason why is in the spoiler tag. Don't want to ruin the show for anyone..

Spoiler

THe doctor is slowly getting KH addicted to her meds which has a bad side effect of being rude and violent. KH's husband  and Kim Hyo Jung. As I watch this drama , I am starting to suspect Kim Hyo Jung as the MR Lee's sister. HJ reallly hates KH and we have no idea why. I don't even think she is a real doctor. smh smh 

36 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@sava2sava.... I can't watch this drama no more. It is to painful, although crazy person is cruel. It isn't her fault. Reason why is in the spoiler tag. Don't want to ruin the show for anyone..

Hide contents

@UnniSarahI know there are painful aspects coming out as you noted in hidden contents. I think that is why this is going to be different from typical plots, we know what is happening to the rich daughter, we can be sympathetic to what is happening to her - I think that is why I started to like it. Because I don't like all good versus all bad (well actually I do - but a change of pace is appreciated). I hope you hang in a little longer maybe you will feel better about this situation.

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

@UnniSarahI know there are painful aspects coming out as you noted in hidden contents. I think that is why this is going to be different from typical plots, we know what is happening to the rich daughter, we can be sympathetic to what is happening to her - I think that is why I started to like it. Because I don't like all good versus all bad (well actually I do - but a change of pace is appreciated). I hope you hang in a little longer maybe you will feel better about this situation.

@maddymappo... I am  so angry with KH's mom. She is horrible and refuses to see the pain her child is in. It makes me so mad and this SE's fake mom is also causing so much misunderstanding when her daughter really needs someone who is so empathetic. Someone who could always be on her side. She is taking that chance from her daughter. 

Usually I've never drawn to any daily weekdays drama because of the cliche plot and the over exaggerating meanness of the bad characters but I am drawn and hook to this one mainly because in the first episode the robot guy (Mr Lee) protecting SeoYeon from the stamping crowd during the whole hostage-fire incident. Somehow I wanted to see how these two will progress though I know for a 100 episode genre, it will be a painful and long waiting time before we can see their happy moments. 

However, the mystery of the plots also intrigue me especially when they are so many possibilities

Theory 1 - as everyone seemed to mentioned above, SY is Mr. Lee's long lost sister, etc

Theory 2 - KotNim the amnesiac girl is Mr Lee's long lost sister. KotNim forgot who she is. Mr Lee's sister was taken by a foster family. It might be she was trying to look for her brother, she got into an accident (the accident that kills both the EH's family' son and the detective's sister). In another twist plot, KH is actually the housekeeper's daughter (it was obvious when she kept over react whenever SY mentioned KH). Probably she had an affair with KH's dad and give birth to KH. But the actual grand daughter passed away during birth, which actually caused the daughter in law to have mental breakdown and her mental illness got worse when her husband passed away. It might be that she was about to confront her late husband about the fact that she suddenly aware the girl she was taking care is not hers and they had an argument, in the car. During the argument, the accident happen.

KH's mental breakdown is not a secret anymore since we know the doctor, who had an affair with the husband, was the one feeding her with the meds and subliminal suggestions to make her even crazier.

I am in so far for this drama

I am trying hard to stick with this drama because of SY and Mr. Lee.  I hope the writer helps us to start putting some of the pieces together soon.  As stated by @inna75, we have a lot of theories, nothing concrete at this time.  I did feel bad for KH in episode 10 because you could tell she did not want to say those things to SY's dad.  But in episode 11 she had changed and was acting as if SY should apologize to her for what had happened.  She wants to teach SY a lesson.  So now I have no sympathy for her.  I also was curious as to why SY's mother was saying she was sorry, under her breath, when she was hugging SY after she agreed to go abroad to study.  Is she setting it up so that no one will suspect anything when SY goes missing?  Is it her plan to send SY to the mental institution instead of KH? Way too many questions right now.  

@Pam_Van Fossen I had the same reaction - in episode when she said nasty things to SY's Dad, I thought she lost control and regretted it. Now in the episode (for me 10 - our episode numbers are different) - she wants to teach SY a lesson. That threw me. I  was sympathetic to how her emotional instability was being manipulated by drugs and her evil doctor - but now I don't know who she is.  Also wondered why SY's mother was "sorry".   Find a thirty year old woman so attached to her mommy and daddy a little strange even though economics make it difficult for grown children to leave home - still SY's attachment to her family and lack of excitement to go abroad is strange, except for her concerns about how much money it will cost.

I suddenly remember why I like the dynamics between Mr Lee and SY. Because their interaction so far has "The K2" vibes minus the hostage moments and so forth

Anyway, here are some more theories about some of the characters and plots

1. There are 3 life-turning accidents which bind all the characters together: a) The dye-factory incident  b.) KH's dad's sudden death @ untimely accident on the street which caused her mom to be institutionalised c) KH's hit and run which killed the detective's sister and caused Kott Nim to lost her memory. All these accidents/ incidents somehow centred around KH's grandfather. The first accident has something to do with Mr Lee and the recently quit VP (and of course the factory workers). The second and third accident, somehow is related to SY's mom and KH's grandfather, apart from SY and KH themselves. This is where the mystery becomes more interesting for me as I felt like the writer keep on throwing small hints in each episode, rather than focus on the emotions of the characters (more of the typical meanness of the bad characters which most weekday's drama seemed to dwell on)

2.  I dont think Mr Lee working for KH's grandfather is about revenge. He was angrier towards his father which make me think, probably, that the first incident at the dye factory was his father's fault. And after his father passed away, his sister was taken away. I think, maybe, when he thought he was revenging for his dad, KH's haraboji showed him evidence that his father was the one behind the accident. And instead of sending him to the police, he took in Mr Lee as the recipient of his scholarship with the intention to redeem for the incident. After all, he is still responsible for the incident because he was the owner. I think Mr Lee agree to accept all this, thinking that he is paying for what his dad did and at the same time, using all the resources Winner Group can offer to locate his sister. And he is doing this after he seeked permission from the grandfather. I think KH's grandfather allowed him to do this because he knew that Mr Lee will be loyal towards him out of guilt and due to his training in special force.

3. And based on that, I dont think KH's haraboji is that evil. He could have just get rid off "gangster style" of the factory worker who threatened him but instead he asked for arrest warrant. He was very concerned of KH. The part of the review in the next episode where we can see that he was angry to find out about SY being his housekeeper's daughter is probably due to the fact that he was angry why he was not aware of it and probably assumed/ mistook that the reason SY kept on appearing to "aggravate" KH is probably the housekeeper's plan to drive his grand daughter even crazier. He seemed to be more worried, not so much on the reputation of the company but the reputation of KH. I kinda think this way when I compared the level of "evilness" he seemed to have as compared to the haraboji in My Golden Life.

4. Like everyone else, I dont know how to react towards KH's roller coaster emotion. I can understand, though, why she wanted to take revenge on SY. Not because she was childish, but because SY is treating her the way her husband did. In her mind, SY looked down upon her just like her husband did when she demanded for the apology. And since she could not revenge her husband directly, she redirect her anger towards the next person she thought was against her which is SY. I am, however, not condoning to her actions. I can understand her reactionbut that does not mean I like it. It still boils me that she keep on misunderstanding SY, even though she have seen how SY is different from others around her. 

5. To me the most evil of them all is DR KIM. She is the female "Hannibal Lecter" minus the cannibalistic urge. Master of Manipulation. Somehow, I got a feeling she is connected to one of the accidents, which drives her to plan all this. I dont think money was the motive at all. That will be too easy. I think her back story is quite complicated.

Okay..enough for the last 10 eps's theories...hehehe.. We have 90 episodes of hints to go

I am more worried about SY actually. Based on the synopsis and the first episode, we can expect she will become crazily revengeful. Even based on how she reacted towards KH's rudeness towards her father, we can see she is very determined to get her way too..and I am worried that she will fall in the "pits of fire" too just like KH. That will ruined the little bit of romance story that is expected between her and Mr Lee, which we were shoved with from the first episode. I hope the writer would not succumb to an open ending for them or any of that makjang endings..pleasee..jeball...

Hello chingus. Started watching the first 3 episodes and it looks good. I'm way behind so I'm going to catch up with it soon. This is going to be along ride.B)

thanks for the recommendation UniSarah. 

Archived