[Drama 2018] Mysterious Personal Shopper (Doll's House), 인형의 집

0ly40

6 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I'm new to this show.  Why doesn't GH divorce that ghastly husband of hers?  

It's also weird to me that they just trust drugs as the cure for her shopping addiction, instead of cognitive behavioral therapy or EMDR or hypnotherapy or, simple exercise. 

not sure where are up to, but the psych doc is having an affair with the husband and conspiring to put her in an asylum, they are not interested in curing her, trying to make her more crazy.  Don't know why she doesn't divorce him though, good point.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with some of you

Most daily weekdays and weekend dramas portrayed the ugly side of the Korean society especially the chaebol family. But for some reason, I keep on watching them for the pockets of story within the drama. In this drama's case, it is the story of the so-called OTP (Mr Lee and SY, even if at certain point, I dont really condone SY's attitude @ reaction on certain issues).

Having said that, that is what still keep me going. Luckily this is a half an hour drama. So the 2-3 minutes of OTP moments is still bearable..so far...hehehe

Anyway..back to the mystery:

Mystery 1 - SOLVED. It is already confirm that GH is Ms Geum's real daughter and SY is the real granddaughter. Five time heart surgery in US cost a hefty sum of money. Hence, it is somewhat understandable why Ms Geum is working her *%* off to ensure her secret must be kept. Now, we also now that GH's mom and her were neighborhood friends and she took advantage of the moment when the accident happen to GH's dad that causes the Mom to be mentally unstable to switch the babies (or maybe, she is behind the incident? Who knows, righ..83 episodes to go...but what I cannot stomach is how she could manipulate SY to follow her will all the time without feeling any remorse (the slap at the end of EP 17 was simply too much). I bet..and I bet with my whole experience of watching makjang dramas (hehehehe), that at the end she will end up in jail. Switching babies, manipulating the really grandchild, scheming to keep the secret, it cannot just be forgiven like that. 

Mystery 2 - Mr Lee's sister. She was supposed to be adopted to New Zealand but the whole adoption was cancelled. She was a troublemaker. She was still in Korea actually. So, I still have the feeling that Kott Nim is the sister. But the hit and run accident by GH seemed to involve only one person. The detective said that his sister died during an accident which involved Kott Nim. So now, I am a bit doubtful whether Kott Nim and his sister were the ones involved in GH's drunk driving accident

Mystery 3 - The dye factory accident. Still no other leads. But one thing I am 60 percent sure, the Grandfather is not the main culprit. He seemed to have some basic conscience (except when he framed SY for the counterfeit goods, of course but then again he was very desperate to save GH). What I hope for is that when the Grandfather find out later that SY is his real grand daughter, he will rectify all the issues he created in order to save GH to save SY instead. Obviously, he would but I hope it will not be towards the end of the drama but rather the middle of the drama. 

YO!  I was JOKING about KDramas showing Koreans in a bad way...

Watch US or Spanish language dramas, now there is some drama! 

I mean most media shows their culture in an exaggerated manner, dramas are the WORST!  All kinds of crazy stuff is depicted, and not limited to KDramas! 

We have 83, at least, more episodes.  At least we won't have brothers marrying their secret sisters!  Or will we?

13 hours ago, maddymappo said:

not sure where are up to, but the psych doc is having an affair with the husband and conspiring to put her in an asylum, they are not interested in curing her, trying to make her more crazy.  Don't know why she doesn't divorce him though, good point.

It also doesn’t make sense that the family didn’t try another doctor or another treatment when she wasn’t getting better all this time.

I think this is a very tedious show.

Also, Park Ha Na pulls some awful faces.

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

It also doesn’t make sense that the family didn’t try another doctor or another treatment when she wasn’t getting better all this time.

I think this is a very tedious show.

Also, Park Ha Na pulls some awful faces.

Grandpa and Mr Lee do try other methods but they are being blocked and sabotaged by hubby and doc.  I felt the same as you about it being tedious but it really does get better. I am enjoying it now. I am up to date on episodes.

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

@tulip06I made a similar comment on this tread a while ago.  She has a kind of pissed off look on her face at times that is very unattractive. It is difficult to get use to it.

I've seen her play nasty characters in other shows, so it made sense there.  But now I'm beginning to realize it's her normal face and it's very tiresome.

18 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Grandpa and Mr Lee do try other methods but they are being blocked and sabotaged by hubby and doc.  I felt the same as you about it being tedious but it really does get better. I am enjoying it now. I am up to date on episodes.

I agree, I am liking it now too.  Today's episode shows SY leaving with her suitcase.  I watched without subs so not sure exactly what was said but SY wants out of there fast.  I think she has realized they are all crazy.  Not just the daughter.  Also, seeing SY's supposed mother bashing the husbands car windshield and fighting with the doctor was fun until she realized they knew SY was her daughter.  So now they will start the torment of SY and I guess that is when she will end up in the mental institution.  Will her mother put her there for her protection or is it so no one will find out that she is the real grandaughter?????  Always more questions than answers.  @maddymappo, I also thought Kotnim may be Mr. Lee's sister and when he finds out that she was being helped by SY's family that will bring him closer to SY.  Looking forward to next episode.

EP 19 w/Eng subs:

OK, now we are getting somewhere... Some of the cats-are-out-of-the-bag...  What happens with all the loose cats roaming around?  This cat knows that cat, but some other cat doesn't know this cat or that cat...  Everyone is trying to keep some secret from someone else.  

Our DesignerGirl is a fashion expert & genius!  Wow!  Just by touching the jacket lapel she knew how it was made and what type of thread was used!  Simply amazing!  

I'm dying to go to Korea and meet some sassy witch in the bathroom that shakes her hands in my face.  KAPOW!  That would be the sound of the KDrama smack that would be heard.  

The CheatingHubby setting-up DesignerGirl to take the fall for a fictitious affair... we need Mr. Tall&Quiet to step-in and straighten-out that situation.  

16 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I agree, I am liking it now too.  Today's episode shows SY leaving with her suitcase.  I watched without subs so not sure exactly what was said but SY wants out of there fast.  I think she has realized they are all crazy.  Not just the daughter.  Also, seeing SY's supposed mother bashing the husbands car windshield and fighting with the doctor was fun until she realized they knew SY was her daughter.  So now they will start the torment of SY and I guess that is when she will end up in the mental institution.  Will her mother put her there for her protection or is it so no one will find out that she is the real grandaughter?????  Always more questions than answers.  @maddymappo, I also thought Kotnim may be Mr. Lee's sister and when he finds out that she was being helped by SY's family that will bring him closer to SY.  Looking forward to next episode.

The part where she bashed the windshield and wrecked the apt sort of escapes me.  What does that achieve?  Being silent and getting proof of the affair and presenting it to grandpa would have made sense. But anyway, grandpa knows she is SY's mom, so why is she so terrified?  To answer my question, I think she doesn't want KH to know, but how that would be such a horrible thing, doesn't make sense to me either. Oh well, it is a daily melo after all.

Episode 20    Extreme frustration. Housekeeper kept silent about the affair!  Obviously giving the culprits times to organize a counter attack.   And how could Secy Lee not have found out about the affair when he is doing all of these background checks for grandpa and these 2 were so obvious.

Hullo people, I was catching up by reading your comments and now. .... no more? Ep.23 is out and subbed. The two lead women are working together:o and I have seen both of them in evil roles only. 

I had watched 3 dailies in a row last year and at the same time watched 2 short ones. I think I fried my brains, now I only want to ff through each episode without getting glued to the show, at least until the last 10. That should be when things get interesting.

I wish someone would recap this show, really really wish.

Archived