[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Will you guys be watching LOM's replacement - Voice 2? I know @Prettysup is doing a great job keeping it updated. Hope to see you all there. I enjoyed the first instalment.

It's true. He had the bulk of the emotionally draining scenes. ( have fun in Vietnam, I go there often for vacay as I'm from Msia , love the country) . 

Yes cos I watched Voice last year... Jang Hyuk acted in the first Voice.. 

I have watched Jung Kyung Ho few dramas and he is one of the versatile actors that I like. 

I think I read somewhere that he took this part without reading the script. I'm thankful that he acted as Han Tae Joo as he was the best actor to played the character. 

Its nice watching the after party video that all five of them enjoying themselves... 

Btw I dont think he killed himself when he jumped off the building. When he cut his hand and realised he had no feeling, I took it that he was actually still in a coma stuck in 1988. Everything that happened after he 'woke' in 2018 are part of his dream (coz ppl has no feelings in dreams), so I was actually watiing for him to really wake up in 2018 one more time. But then it didn't happen. So does that mean Kim Min seok is still at large in 2018?? Ahhh too confusing hahaha..

The epilogue was good though, so Kim Hyun seok is telling 1988's HTJ that he is still alive, that body is not his.

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Btw I dont think he killed himself when he jumped off the building. When he cut his hand and realised he had no feeling, I took it that he was actually still in a coma stuck in 1988. Everything that happened after he 'woke' in 2018 are part of his dream (coz ppl has no feelings in dreams), so I was actually watiing for him to really wake up in 2018 one more time. But then it didn't happen. So does that mean Kim Min seok is still at large in 2018?? Ahhh too confusing hahaha..

The epilogue was good though, so Kim Hyun seok is telling 1988's HTJ that he is still alive, that body is not his.

Yeahhh. I have the same thought too. He never woke up. Everything was just in his mind. Haha

@triplem i'm not sure if i'll watch voice2 live yet. I binged watch voice1 a couple of weeks ago. Keeping up to date with LoM weekly was a challenge in itself. I get kinda obsessed when i'm so into a drama, that i start searching for articles and updates of any kind. But I have started watching dear judge mainly for yoon shi yoon,  i'm still unsure if i'm able to continue. Huhu. 

I personally think what made Life on Mars so enjoyable for me other than the cast, acting and storyline was the editing and effects. Imo, the editing was spot on and effective. The music and lighting that accompany each scene enhanced it for the better. 

For example the scene where TJ had a heart attack, that scene would not be as heart racing as it was if not for the background music, lighting and editing. Viewers are sucked in when he was clutching his chest as the camera moves closer to and the lights suddenly turned off. I thought i felt his pain.

Same goes to everytime TJ has a headache, his pain is accompanied by effects that made it seem like TJ was really in turmoil.

And maybe the most beatiful editing/camera work prowess was when he ran towards his father on the rail tracks. He ran and his father's murder was rewind 3 times. Imo, that's creative editing at its best. 

Thank you to the drama crew for making this drama an awesome viewing experience. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Aww , I like that they got the kids to come cut the cake . It was obvious how much the cast liked having the kids around 

It really is goodbye. Sniff. 

Aww. The kids are cute. The cast and crew must be happy celebrating after a successful finale. Congrats LoM! Now get some rest everyone and comeback later with another drama/movie :D. I think i read somewhere that PSW already has a new project lined up~ hohoho

13 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

@40somethingahjumma I wanted to watch the UK version because they said it’s very near topic to the original. I still can’t find where to watch though. So may I ask how was the korean version? 

The Korean version compares very favourably to the original BBC version set in Manchester. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I may even prefer the K version to the BBC one now. Part of the reason could be JKH. He's such a talented actor and his approach to the character feels a lot more real. Another reason could be HTJ's overall personal journey which is so much more cohesive and emotional. I also love how the manicure killings were woven right through TJ's own journey to discover the past. 

The original BBC version was very inventive with regards to all the weird sci-fi stuff. Mysterious phone calls, Magic TV characters (including a very creepy little girl), voices from nowhere. The sexual tension between Sam and Annie was a lot more obvious. Sam was a lot more obvious with his interest of her. But every episode was discrete... new story... different political issue, new aspect to Sam's mental state.

If season 2 happens I'm really not in the mood for more future murderer antics personally. Just let it be a cop procedural, no weird trippy shots of ears ringing, no passing out randomly, no links to the present day to what's happening to his body. If he's choosing to stay here then let it stay here. UNLESS he's going to get the ability to transfer between states (which would be cool).

Haha. My friend thought LoM was a drama about aliens. :lol:

I recommended LoM to her a few weeks back. Saying its good and all. She was happy that i did so, if not she would have skipped the drama all together. Now she has catched up until ep 15 and plan to watch the finale soon. Yay!

How Tae Joo re-enters 1988 was implicitly shown.That makes it easier to accept. BBC script was more explicit, so it's a bad aftertaste. 

Spoiler

I am fine with any ending so long as Na Young and gang is alive. :):)

I am watching the drama from ep.1 again ! Just realised Tae Joo wasn't a detective in 2018. He was a forensic lab investigator who essentially collects onsite evidence and do lab tests. How did he suddenly become a detective and return to 2018 as detective???:blush:

1 hour ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

How Tae Joo re-enters 1988 was implicitly shown.That makes it easier to accept. BBC script was more explicit, so it's a bad aftertaste. 

Reveal hidden contents

I am fine with any ending so long as Na Young and gang is alive. :):)

I am watching the drama from ep.1 again ! Just realised Tae Joo wasn't a detective in 2018. He was a forensic lab investigator who essentially collects onsite evidence and do lab tests. How did he suddenly become a detective and return to 2018 as detective???:blush:

He was a detective previously and was "demoted" to being a forensics lab investigator probably because he was a whistleblower.

If you remember, his ex said something about going back to the "Regional Investigation Unit" if he did well in helping her with the manicure murders.

Archived