Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

Hello, I'm a silent reader here..

This Drama is so good, maybe the best drama for me this year. I notice JKH since smile you, and became his fans since then. But I didn't watch all his drama (because I don't like his character in some drama). But in Life on Mars he was Superb..and another cast and crew also doing a good job

By the way, Can someone PM me the link to live stream tonight episode?

Thank you in advance :)

• Like 7

but I love the UK ending. Han Taejoo can go back to 88 and save the gang. GO GO GO HAN TAEJOOOO

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I have finally watched ep15..

I'm hoping he does not jump.. Its a shocking that four of them died on duty.. What??? 

He didn't go back to the past but he dreamed it while he was in coma. But what he dreamed was important that he was able to solve the case finally when he woke up. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LucidPlazma said:

Just saw ep 15.The end had me heartbroken. 14 episodes with the gang and now we find out they all died. I guess u can't have both a brilliant drama and a happy ending.

And I have a question. How come HTJ's mom doesn't remember him being in 1988 as an adult? I mean, KMS remembers him and he was only a kid then, but his own mom doesn't. 

Because - as i understand it - KMS remember the kid he met before. Thats the true past. But the true past and the past TJ was in has differences. The biggest it - the body from the Brother was never found - so they fabricated his death.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryudian said:

but I love the UK ending. Han Taejoo can go back to 88 and save the gang. GO GO GO HAN TAEJOOOO

The BBC ending was good for the type of series and themes of that series. :D

But I don't think it's necessary for this show to follow the BBC version particularly because this is a Korean drama and the main murder mystery is resolved not in 1988 but in 2018. In the BBC version, the things that Sam did in 1973 did have consequences for 2006 etc. However, this is not the case here.

Anyway, I'm fine even if they decide to go with BBC ending. It would still work and provide a clear explanation for what TJ was doing in 1988. 

• Like 4

OCN latest picture update on its facebook page. 

38484122_1857667597615004_36537454720293

38297844_1857667874281643_17677293870813

It really is ending today. LoM you are such a gem of a drama~ fighting for the final ep. May the ratings break 5%!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

If they’re going with the BBC ending I have a problem with

Spoiler

1) TJ taking his own life - this is something I have a hard time to understand.

2) TJ leaving his old mother behind.

Edited by Jillia
Please put spoiler in spoiler tags, thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It will be amazing if they did that group run as the ending.

I have a feeling it would be ambiguous. A 'did he' or 'didn't he' ending.

We can assume he didn't and treasured what he remembered or believed. Or we can assume that he did go ahead and did what he did to return to that time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, aisling said:

If they’re going with the BBC ending I have a problem with

Hide contents

1) TJ taking his own life - this is something I have a hard time to understand.

2) TJ leaving his old mother behind.

Same here. I dont know how to feel if it goes the UK version route. 

A few more minutes until ep 16. A few more minutes until we get our answers~ kyaaaa~

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They do have a lot of ads. :D 

I agree with you guys ...I’m not a fan of taking one’s own life but I don’t know what I would consider as a satisfying end either. One minute more 

• Like 2

Finale live caps 

on Tj’s desk are pictures of the gang’s  dead bodies , so sad

he goes to the police library & confirms it &. He sees all their photographs- dead .

he’s so sad that he even imagine seeing & hearing them talk in the police station. 

He gets more info from a cop regarding their deaths . He’s actually at the insung station 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Actually the more I think about it, the more I see how much of fatalistic streak there is in the K version.

Speculation about ending scenario:

Spoiler

There's no guarantee that even if TJ takes a swan dive off the roof that he will be able to save the gang.

History can't be changed seems  to be the recurring idea of this series.

• Like 6

EGins with TJ looking at the case with photos of DC dead.

he goes to the station to check the case report. He hears them and runs out of the room after them. Eerie organ music.

heruns out of the station and on the street. Still wondering if he is in a dream.

the police officer 2018 gives him a file and they are talking about Chief Ahn. Who didn’t exist.

i think I’ll stop recapping here and watch here episode. 

• Like 5

He goes to see the surgeon who did his surgery- Chief Ahn- think he asks about the after effects (?) of his surgery or maybe what happens when one is in coma . Really long explanation but TJ is now back home . He looks at the files of their deaths . But there’s something that the cop who gave him info said , made him wonder . He’s thinking back about how he could know all of them by name in his “dream” . He recalls all his scenes with them , all that they went through together in 1988 . Wow it’s really sad . He feels confused. Takes anti depressants 

• Sad 5

Omg! This is so sad. Taejoo is remembering 1988. So sad. He's taking antidepressants :tears:

Taejoo's mum is so pretty~ i think TJ is saying his mum reminds him of nayoung 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

TJ sleeping & starts dreaming about that last night when they all got beaten up. 

Omo! The tv starts to talk to him - it’s Na Young’s Voice 

Phone rings . Mum calls . Next day he visits her. The Aunt ( Avon lady - played by different actress) is there . She’s as chatty as ever. They have a meal together . Mum senses TJ’s sadness. The two have a heart to heart as per preview . 

As he talks to mum and she mentioned something about listening to his heart , he remembers what NY said to him. He tells her someone said that to him before. Mum says was it a girl? Mum says she just wants him to be happy 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1