Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

He and his ex trying to piece back what happened on the night he got shot.  Think the gun he thinks sounds like a certain model.  Another cop tells them they found some lead on KMS.  They go to an apartment to check. Then they heard gun shot...kMS on the run...TJ gives chase...almost got knocked down by a car...but this time he avoided. The car Was KMS accomplice. Car was found the next day abandoned

TJ and ex back at the station going thru victim files..TJ realise something about KMS..he was sick , had some nerve problem? His hands will shake ...all the recent victims  had uneven make-up

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

( I got my phone back ) 

He goes visit some of the victims homes . He keeps seeing the gang . Aigoo , especially Na Young , he imagines her explaining some info to him 

The ex , TJ & other cops working hard to find out KMS whereabouts. TJ remembers KMS family , even has that old photo . Tells ex about KMS traumatic past . She was surprised 

KmS on to another victim...my god ..he’s putting on make up on her , poor lady is crying. He takes something heavy & slams her head to kill her 

TJ , ex & cops go to a neighbourhood they suspect where KMS is , crap too late ..  the victim is all bloody but KMS is not there , however I think she’s not dead. TJ runs out to find KMS. KMS was not well & didn’t run far . TJ caught him, finally !!! They brought him back to the station 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So TJ can now finally interrogate KmS who is still as smug as usual . TJ throws a file of the victims on the table.i think  TJ asked him for his accomplice  , but I think he says I don’t know.

TJ checks the file of kMs Hyung ( KHS) , everything is as his 1988 encounters. The ex continues to be surprised he knows so much .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Update:

Tj is thinking about KMS. GF (girlfriend) is telling TJ about the MO and photos of the dead womena and their nails etc.

TJ found some pills in evidence and he is speculating something,

He notices KMS has the shakes and need medication. (similar to his brother?)

At the crime scene, TJ imagines DC again and NS. JKH expression is so good! He has a look as if he is in disbelief and part missing DC a lot. Then they are gone.

TJ sits in a convenience shop and thinks about how KMS plans his next move. How he picks his victims.

Now he imagines seeing NY who explains what he is thinking and you see 'bogoshipda' written all over his face. Haha! Then she is gone.

Back at the station, they look at CCTV and card activity (not sure what they are saying0

They probably have the next victim. Scene with a woman walking home alone (dark street, woman alone) and KMS going around a corner and entering her home behind her.

BAck at the station, they are talking and TJ and gf talking to the officers.

Is KMS killing women who look like his noona?

Scene: KMS with his next victim and putting make up on her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I think they find some leads of the accomplice, they are now at a junk yard. A man started running. TJ chased him , caught him. An old man with asthma. It’s Kim HS. So he didn’t die ??? TJ is pointing the gun at him , wants to shoot him when he asked him if he killed his dad . He smugly said I don’t know . But he just ended up firing the shots in the air. So it’s KHS who shot him & who has been assisting KmS all this while  if I’m not mistaken 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Oh what will happen next. KMS and KHS have been detained huhu

Yup it’s case closed . His ex ask him to go rest . Next day they are in the court room. So this round I’m sure he’ll make sure KMS does not go free . Ex is the prosecutor. kms got convicted . Finally this arc is over 

but his table has a file of with the 1988 gang!!  The date of their deaths was the date they all got beaten up together!!!!! The scene just Before he got up 

- eps ends - 

preview : he is sad & conflicted thinking of the fate of his friends , he stands at the edge of the building . Omg is he going to kill himself ?

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

preview : he is sad & conflicted thinking of the fate of his friends , he stands at the edge of the building . Omg is he going to kill himself ?

He has to go back to save them... so they can all go to the pub together. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I feel sad . The gang were real , they all died together beaten up by the gangsters . TJ can’t change the past can he ? He can only join them ? But he fought so hard and hung on to live. I’m not sure what to think if he kills himself . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

POlice looking around for KMS and KMS seems to be having an episode. He just hits the woman with a barbell!

They found a woman who recognised the victim and went to her place. But KMS had bashed her head in.

TJ is running around looking for the house and seems to have found it.

He and GF go up. She is still alive!

TJ runs after KMS and tackes him.

KMS is caught and he is interrogated.

KMS and TJ talk. (Quite lengthy). Then TJ goes and looks for something. TJ looks for KMS's brother file again.

(ANd so much talking! I can't understand most of what is being said!)

I  think TJ and team have found KMS partner and it is KHS! (I am confused!) I know it's him because he used an inhaler.

KHS is talking to TJ. TJ had a gun pointed to his head but managed to take the gun so now he is pointing the gun at KHS. KHS wonders how TJ knows his name from 30 years ago. TJ tells him to remember and that he (KMS) was the one who shot his father.

Will TJ shoot? And TJ shoots into the air and spares KHS's life.

I suppose TJ has his closure. He faced the temptation to kill KHS but didn't.

I think the case is closed and KHS had taken someone's identity and lived as that person.

Trial scene : and TJ speaks for the prosecution.

TJ is packing away from files and sees something. The file has photos of his 1988 team! And it looks like all of them died on that day (when they were beaten up) :tears:

Preview:

TJ keeps thinking about his 1988 team. He seems to be obsessed.

And the preview ends with him on the roof (OH NO! Eerily familiar - I think they may be going for THAT ending)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

This episode was intense! I don't know if I will be able to recap tomorrow.....I think I will be crying a lot!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

This episode was intense! I don't know if I will be able to recap tomorrow.....I think I will be crying a lot!

Same here .

@bedifferent I have this very melancholy feeling about tomorrow’s end . 

Some screen shots from tonight 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

This song.  

@triplem @Dramanoona  Tae joo has to judge for himself when he feels most alive.  I don't necessarily think it's going to be a sad ending. He's wearing blue clothing a lot in 2018 and more earthtone in 1988.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

I feel sad . The gang were real , they all died together beaten up by the gangsters . TJ can’t change the past can he ? He can only join them ? But he fought so hard and hung on to live. I’m not sure what to think if he kills himself . 

Exactly. I was sad when he opened the 1988 gang file. Huhu. I really dont want TJ to kill himself. But i like the theory that he joined the past, but did not change anything.

Anyone here watched the original UK version? Did the 1988 gang really exist like the korean version? 

P/s: no clips have been uploaded on OCN youtube yet. Usually its uploaded immediately. Huhu

• Like 2

Oh no! Not the UK ending!!! That ending would be too frustrating! Like it doesn’t explain anything! Was he in a coma or did he time travel? 

If he was in coma, it wouldn’t explain how he knew all accurate details about 1988 people and cases. If he time travelled, it wouldn’t explain why he was lying in a hospital all the time and didn’t disappear. I’m not sure how that ending will effect my love for this drama. I had hoped they’d come up with more logical explanation.

• Like 4

This episode made me realise that I really really miss the 1988 gang.

Sigh.

Whatever happens tomorrow, it's the writer's will.

I am gearing myself for a crying my eyes out ending. I think I have been let down by Korean drama endings over the years and my expectations are not too high. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

If TJ will really jump in the final episode I could kind of understand. His life in the beginning episode in 2018 seemed very drab. He seemed quite a loner and friendless. On the other hand, he does make good friends in 1988 but every day he had his battles with the voices he heard regarding the state of his health. I feel so bad for him because it must be so hard to come back to 2018 while missing the team he bonded with in 1988 and of course NY. 

Quite frankly I’m willing to accept a sad ending if it makes sense.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Tae joo has to judge for himself when he feels most alive.  I don't necessarily think it's going to be a sad ending. He's wearing blue clothing a lot in 2018 and more earthtone in 1988.

Haha, this is a very philosophical and interesting way to look at it.  I think that last week's final scene where he ran back to his friends before he woke up , was a strong indicator of where he is the happiest, where he felt most at home. ....alright @katakwasabi I think we have to let TJ go to be with his friends. I want that date with Na Young :D

You are right @celebrianna ...he was happier . seems more fulfilled towards the end in 1988

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4