[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSakAEuXBiFpNVOV3x-K0k36474684_2122551614697603_18039404925770daca062bb2.png?x=b&a=0x0&s=380x214&q=h&e   It Wasn't Just About Time And It's Ticking Away...

It Was About Making The Most Out Of Each And Everyday...  

It Was About Loving Someone So Much...

You Would be Willing To Sacrifice Everything...

Including Yourself...

Because They Mean That Much...:wub:

As I sat and watched the ending unfold and was sweetly reminded of all those tender flashbacks of moments filled with love. 

I remember thinking and hoping that for them there would come a miracle from above. 

That a love like theirs that endured and struggled from the start. 

Surly would be rewarded.

For being willing to give up everything.

Except the love within their hearts...

It was an amazing story with a perfect ending and wonderful view of love and time.

Most of all it was a gentle reminder that what's really important isn't how much time you have left.

Rather it's about making the most out of each day like a gift given.

Being thankful for friends, family and those you love.

For they are a reflection of Heaven Above...:heart:usafarmgirl

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh how I wish we get the chance to go back in time to change the middle stretch of this drama, from episode 7 to 14.  :D The ending, choppy and unconvincing as it was, at least was sweet in trying to get the message across.  Problem is there weren't a lot of people left to see it!  Those who did stay slugged it through on the charm of the cast.  I feel exhausted for LSK, she probably felt spent at the end.  LSY was a good sport, for making the best out of his character.  I was happy for the cast as much as the viewers for those last bits of sunshine and happiness at the end.  All well that ends well in love.  

The clock thingy is  :lol:  Here's my guess.  Mika's halmoni gave her a gift before she died to make sure Mika continues to be loved - the gift to see others' time clocks.  The built-in condition is that her time clock will only stop when she meets the love of her life.  It helps her to locate her true love.. like a GPS locator? Fate has them bumped into each other on the street with neither having a clue.. however, DoHa activates Mika's clock.  The only way she can stop the clock is to stay by his side.  Eventually she learns to love DoHa deeply, beyond the need and her desperation to live.   Toward the end, DoHa was willing to give his life for them to be together... His love is so great that it conquered all obstacles even time which wants to keep them apart.   

Everything else on how the clock works, we will never know :lol: 

There is also the drama's overlying arc that time will stand still when you are in love, just like Mika when she is with DoHa.  I do love the meaning.  Sad that the writer was not able to deliver the message in a coherent way.  Wish she has chosen to show and celebrate the positive side of love on this journey of discovery.  Instead, we were shown all the terrible things that love has to overcome.  The best parts of the drama for me were those bright, light, full of life episodes.  The cast are happy talented people.  I enjoyed the BTS videos as much as the drama itself.  :)

See you guys at another thread! Mika :wub: DoHa.

What a beautiful way to end a drama!!:love: Loved it..The ending  couldnt have been any better. Thank you writers for exceeding the expectations with such an amazing final episode .last 30 minutes of the episode was what I had been waiting for throughout the series..joyous Mika & DH..carefree and happy with each other !! Their happiness and chemistry ..so worth it!! I watched the last 30 minutes quite a few times ..just made me so happy!! Glad that I watched this beautiful show..now I just want to watch the first 6 episodes again

Pity the time clock is still a mystery..I dont think Mika knows about the ice cream incident /car either..just shows how small a world is..we may have seen /bumped into many ppl in our lives who we think are of no realtion to us..but eventually we are all connected in mysterious ways!! Funny how Ms.Oh never saw the clock lie yet DH is alive after his clock is spent!!

Few silly things I noticed

>> What Mika and DH are not living in DH house? Didnt DH want her back in his house..doesnt he miss her now that they are a couple..:D

>>The signal where they have the accident..it shows 40 seconds when Mika starts crossing but Mika & DH are there for almost 1.5 minutes before the signal turns red

>> Why did the clock suddenly increase in years in just a few seconds??

>> Did JY just flirt with Mika in the finale when she is singing? Why would he tell her to show her love in 30 seconds when he is the only one in the room before DH comes!! 

>>Why did DH wait till Mika had only 17 days left? When Mika left DH and saw SH she had about 24 days and I believe her mother saw her within 2 days and immly went to DH..hmmm

3. Dr scene in the finale was really  funny 

Thanks everyone for sharing your views/updates..great fun to discuss with you all !! See you in another thread!!

Btw is there any other feel good romance kdrama worth watching ? ( sorry for hijacking this thread but didnt know where else to post? ) Done with OTWTTA  and KimBok Joo..something similar to this show ( without the supernatural element /angst) or OTWTTA would be great..any recommendations? LSY dramas are already on my list

I was so excited to watch the drama at first and so upset during the second half, then towards the end I don't want to watch any drama from this writer and director ever again  :angry:  silly logic about the clock, forced happy ending and too much singing IMHO

@nikir  Come over these threads with us!

Slice of life, has @triplem‘s oppa Ha Suk Jin.  He’s a housekeeper for hire who comes in and help tidy up his clients’ lives.  Has 4 girls ensemble, very cute.

Thriller crime, intelligent, police drama with an out of body experience, one of this year best. You can catch up.

After watching with subs I still don’t get why she’d suddenly not see the clock anymore   :lol: . Like why did the rate of increase accelerate at the end ?? Because DoHa had already decided that he’d sacrificed his life for her ? Anyway I won’t crack my head anymore. I am just happy to see that they get to live happily ever after. 

@bedifferent this drama must have been very emotionally draining for LSK. She was shedding tears almost every episode, though she’s one actress who can cry beautifully. Her next movie project looks fun & hopefully no need to cry so much. I do like the pairing of her & LSY. Despite the age gap, they look good together visually. I look forward to their future projects 

yes @nikir do join us on those dramas , that Bee has recommended. Both have my favourite oppas & so far so good

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@nikir  Come over these threads with us!

Slice of life, has @triplem‘s oppa Ha Suk Jin.  He’s a housekeeper for hire who comes in and help tidy up his clients’ lives.  Has 4 girls ensemble, very cute.

Thriller crime, intelligent, police drama with an out of body experience, one of this year best. You can catch up.

Thanks @bedifferent and @triplem will check these two out :) !

6 hours ago, triplem said:

After watching with subs I still don’t get why she’d suddenly not see the clock anymore   :lol: . Like why did the rate of increase accelerate at the end ?? Because DoHa had already decided that he’d sacrificed his life for her ? Anyway I won’t crack my head anymore. I am just happy to see that they get to live happily ever after. 

@bedifferent this drama must have been very emotionally draining for LSK. She was shedding tears almost every episode, though she’s one actress who can cry beautifully. Her next movie project looks fun & hopefully no need to cry so much. I do like the pairing of her & LSY. Despite the age gap, they look good together visually. I look forward to their future projects 

yes @nikir do join us on those dramas , that Bee has recommended. Both have my favourite oppas & so far so good

I guess they almost died so the clock got erase I assuming when it gets to zero it vanishes.

It's a wrap. The ending is so wonderful and cute. Although the accident makes no sense at all and the after effect of the accident is so poor. How come they lay there on the road with so much blood but Mika only gets a small wound in the back of her head? But overall, I love episode 15 & 16 and the drama itself. The actors & the actresses have done their job very well. It'll be better if the plot isn't poorly written and the logic of the clock is clearly explained. I'm gonna miss Doha & Mika. I think I will rewatch this drama so many times fo a while. 

Lee Sung Kyung has her own About Time OST - Musical Soundtrack

2481574.jpg

멈추고 싶은 순간 : 어바웃타임 OST 뮤지컬 스페셜
Artist: Lee Sung Kyung
Genre: Drama OST
Release Date: 2018.07.11
Distributor: Stone Music Entertainment

Track List
01. 단 하나의 사람
02. 난 나를
03. 훨씬 더 나은 내일

On 7/14/2018 at 2:39 PM, crystaltears said:

is that Killer Toon they were watching in ep 9? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt4dWPPIHfc 

also that short intro music isn't in the bgm OST :/ the one where it plays in the beginning of every episode. 

The opening instrumental soundtrack at the beginning of each episodes? Yes, it’s in  album ost, 2nd last track (love fall) , listen again ok

Archived