[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

30 minutes ago, nikir said:

1. DH and Mika decide to start life fresh ( throwing away the company and everything )..

2. Do Bin's wife give DS funds to DH to produce the show or maybe the chinese company decides to invest 51% thereby taking control over MK instead of DH father!! 

3. Mika runs away from DH forever....( really hope this doesnt happen)

4. Mika sees DH's dad's timeclock and makes a decision

5. When Mika sees DH's dad..she realizes the car accident had DH in it ( maybe she sees DH childhood photo there?) and based on that figures something about the time clock

6. DH somehow produces the show without his father's money? 

I vote for 4+6+2 in any order.  Mika will bridge DH and Dad's divide with DS's trust to honor his brother's advice to make peace with one another.  Sure, she may get to see dad's clock and will do what she usually is good at, mend relationships for those near death.  I think DH will walk in with Mika at the inlaws luncheon.

I pick 6 since I am rooting for DH to bankroll the musical at a new smaller venue (it requires less capital now).  Composer Jo deserves to succeed on his own merits.  He believes in Mika so karma is kind to him.  :)

@Libera I think the chocolates could belong to LSK, LSY ate some and return the empty box back? :lol:  Dude, the last 4-5 episodes were cringe fest... I was at my limit!

Next kiss, dial up the heat!  The bed is available... Mika must have moved back to his house. How did she break the news to mummy?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I vote for 4+6+2 in any order.  Mika will bridge DH and Dad's divide with DS's trust to honor his brother's advice to make peace with one another.  Sure, she may get to see dad's clock and will do what she usually is good at, mend relationships for those near death.  I think DH will walk in with Mika at the inlaws luncheon.

I pick 6 since I am rooting for DH to bankroll the musical at a new smaller venue (it requires less capital now).  Composer Jo deserves to succeed on his own merits.  He believes in Mika so karma is kind to him.  :)

@Libera I think the chocolates could belong to LSK, LSY ate some and return the empty box back? :lol:  Dude, the last 4-5 episodes were cringe fest... I was at my limit!

Next kiss, dial up the heat!  The bed is available... Mika must have moved back to his house. How did she break the news to mummy?

I dont think Mika has moved..based on some of the stills..she is still upset  ( the one where she is crying near the piano and the one where DH confronts Mika outside the office ? ) and hasnt made up her mind? Maybe she makes up her mind after she meets DH dad?..

It will be awesome if DH turns up with Mika for the luncheon..that would be a great scene :)

I do hope she moves to his house by today :)

12 minutes ago, nikir said:

I dont think Mika has moved..based on some of the stills..she is still upset  ( the one where she is crying near the piano and the one where DH confronts Mika outside the office ? ) and hasnt made up her mind? Maybe she makes up her mind after she meets DH dad?..

It will be awesome if DH turns up with Mika for the luncheon..that would be a great scene :)

I do hope she moves to his house by today :)

Yes, it looks like she will still refuse him, for how long will this go on, it's too much already, they should have resolved things at least a couple of days ago, but now it's always the same thing in the last 5 episodes i saw the same thing again and again, DH tries to reach Mika and she reject him, so boring :crazy:

I hope they will at least resolve the Mika and DoHa situation at the end of this episode, they have too much to wrap up in just 3 episodes, they don't have time to repeat the same thing again and again and again, the drama is almost over, it's time to move on the plot.

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Same here @nikir. I don't want this drama to end on a defeatist note. I am certain  Miss Oh's  "celebration of life" funeral is suppose to mean something.  I cannot accept the OTP running away, or from each other  or DoHa being forced into marriage.  I believe Do San has something in store for his brother which he has asked his sis in law to handle. ( I always felt that DS loved his sis in law. Too bad she married the jerk brother)

As much as I cracked up while reading the caps about Miss Oh's crazy decision to hold her funeral, it made a lot of sense while I watched it with subs. Having had a loved one passed away recently, I am reminded that funerals apart from weddings are the only things that motivate people to gather . And isn't it sad especially in the case of funerals, that you realise you had never spent enough time with that person when they were alive?  I do not think that this drama will end on a sad note given this subtle message that the writer has included.

But of course, this writer does love her makjang ...ahahahaha...there's the crazy chaebol father and even crazier fiance to deal with..but at least in this episode , the truth is revealed and i have a kiss I can finally gif...we should count our little k drama blessings eh...:lol:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Libera said:

Yes, it looks like she will still refuse him, for how long will this go on, it's too much already, they should have resolved things at least a couple of days ago, but now it's always the same thing in the last 5 episodes i saw the same thing again and again, DH tries to reach Mika and she reject him, so boring :crazy:

I hope they will at least resolve the Mika and DoHa situation at the end of this episode, they have too much to wrap up in just 3 episodes, they don't have time to repeat the same thing again and again and again, the drama is almost over, it's time to move on the plot.

Yes really don't want Mika reject him again.. i don't know how they plan to wrap up everything in 3 episodes..

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@nikir If the bed scene at DH house is at end of episode 16, I will hurt someone. Give me at least a whole episode of our OTP. The wasted takents in this drama!

Agree with you..i am doubtful of that for today given the preview. but episode 15 is also too late for romance between the otp

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Same here @nikir. I don't want this drama to end on a defeatist note. I am certain  Miss Oh's  "celebration of life" funeral is suppose to mean something.  I cannot accept the OTP running away, or from each other  or DoHa being forced into marriage.  I believe Do San has something in store for his brother which he has asked his sis in law to handle. ( I always felt that DS loved his sis in law. Too bad she married the jerk brother)

As much as I cracked up while reading the caps about Miss Oh's crazy decision to hold her funeral, it made a lot of sense while I watched it with subs. Having had a loved one passed away recently, I am reminded that funerals apart from weddings are the only things that motivate people to gather . And isn't it sad especially in the case of funerals, that you realise you had never spent enough time with that person when they were alive?  I do not think that this drama will end on a sad note given this subtle message that the writer has included.

But of course, this writer does love her makjang ...ahahahaha...there's the crazy chaebol father and even crazier fiance to deal with..but at least in this episode , the truth is revealed and i have a kiss I can finally gif...we should count our little k drama blessings eh...:lol:

Yes the messages given in the show is making me hopeful  of a happy ending.. fingers crossed

Well well well..BSB becomes good...I dont understand why DH thinks MC will do what he asks for after the show? Will wait for the subtitiles before ranting!! From live cast..not happy with this episode and by episode 15..they have finished the show..time jump..looks like the DH Mika romance will happen only in episode 16:rage:

@bedifferent I saw your request, it has been crazy busy. I admit reading Korean is not my forte. I am way better listening to it (but not to the level of @stroppyse though I have a long way to go. My korean listening skills from 14 yrs of drama). It will take me MUCH longer to try to translate and I am lacking in that department for reading.

But I wanted to get back to you about it. Sorry! 

Finally caught up with crazy work stuff and then after exciting KCON NY 2018 too. Still recovering thank goodness tomorrow is National Holiday July 4th for us here in USA.

Just quick thoughts:

Based on the preview of today's episode, so PSYCHED she got the LEAD ROLE! I am glad that DH confronted her after her friends giving hints that she is NOT harmed being by him. I am glad he provoked her to say the TRUTH! Glad that SN told her of her love story and regret leaving the love of her life.  Plus loved that mom and daughter had a touching scene. 

Don't have time to write more got to get back to work but looking forward to catching up on comments I missed after being away last week and this week.

12 minutes ago, nikir said:

What exactly is Doha singing in episode 15 preview?  

He's singing the song "Two People" (originally by Sung Si Kyung). You can find it with English subs here:

I was busy live capping my other drama. Just read the recaps.  Dear writer , where are we headed. Basically OTP still can’t be properly together & BSB has completely lost her marbles - threatening everyone’s livelihood & even trying to commit suicide ( well She Won’t be missed to be honest ) 

Tell me what to think ? Has anything changed? :weary:From drama milk:  

https://www.dramamilk.com/about-time-live-recap-episode-14/

Back at the practice, MC celebrates her acting role with SH, but then DH knocks on the door. Cut to them both meeting. He wants her to come back, are you going to answer. She told him, when they first met, you remember I kissed you at the audition. I was so desperate, I wanted to be on the stage, it is the only thing that made me forget about dying.

you can do it, you can be next to me and on the stage. 

i took Yoon-hee’s role, I want to be on the stage. if you are next to me then I can’t do it anymore.

Are you afraid of me dying because of you? MC, the scariest thing to me is you being alone without me. Time is passing. it is more painful for me to not see you then to die.

i am going to hide where no one can find me. This is my last role, my friends, and family, I am going to die alone somewhere with no one.

MC storms off and walks very far away from her. he tells her to look at her time. SHe looks at it, it is adding time to hers. His time is decreasing. he backs up even more. He is very far away, but she is still taking his time. he backs up even more, the time starts to slow down. It transfers slowly and then stops and starts decreasing.

DH – This is the right distance.

he pulls out his phone and calls MC. 

DH – I am not going to go closer from here. Until you finish the play, I will just look at you. So after the play, you must do what I want with you without any reasoning. This is the best I can do, promise me that you can do it.

Their time decreases at the same rate.

The clock clearly changes time based on one's  thought process.. it happened earlier in episode 4 and now with BSB...when will MC realize this..

I think the logic of the clock and the ice cream incident will be the epilogue.. pbly after MC leaves DH forever

@Nodame ahhhhhaaaa, you were out there having fun! :lol:

@triplem BSB is given the redemption arc.  She may end up helping DoHa with his play as her last parting act for the person that she "loved/obsessed" over, similar to JA.  Even if she won't, it's closure for her to give back all his rings.  I feel so sorry for Im Se Mi, her character took a complete nosedive, had so much potential in the beginning.  Will they at least mend DoHa's father and son relationship? Jebal!

Sigh.  Will watch soon.

Sung Si Kyung's Two People was on loop for the longest time in my playlist.  It's an older lovely song, very popular at weddings as it signifies the union of two into one and wishing for a life together side by side.  Yoon Hee or Benjamin Button holds their loves in her/his arm as he/she passes away toward end of the movie.  :(  I'm ok with both spending their time living and facing death together.  It's the only ending I will take.:crazy:

Sung Si Kyung – Two Person (두 사람)

After a tiring day passes, underneath the
moonlight, two people become one shadow
A vague happiness that seems
reachable is still over there

Even if my scarred heart casts
a shadow on your dreams
Please remember that a person, who
loves you till it hurts, is next to you

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness
Until everything becomes a memory,
let’s become each other’s resting place

When I’m walking with you, when I can’t
see where I need to go or the path I’m on
I’ll remember the world of that day when
everything dazzled with just you alone

I’m still awkward and I lack but
until always, I’ll be by your side
On a dark night, even if we’re lost and
wandering, let’s be each other’s light

In the far days ahead,
even if the dreams we’re looking
for isn’t past the rainbow
The times spent with you right
now are more precious to me

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness
Until everything becomes a memory,
let’s become each other’s resting place

I’m still awkward and I lack but
until always, I’ll be by your side
Even if the cruel wind blows again, we
will overcome the rough times together

Edit:  OK, watched it.  Happy ending it has to be.  I modified my previous post. :lol:  The preview shot of Mika in DoHa's bed has to be different than DoSan's case.  DoHa finally has someone to share his bed and life with.  @sin hoonsim LOL, LSY is talker, Mika is going to have an earful if DH talks all night.:lol:

Archived