[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

3 hours ago, heyho5502 said:

I don't understand why Gu still wants to work with that chairman.

I wasn't 100% that Seung-Hyo accepted the Global Plant Engineering.  Can someone confirm?   I think he got out of the rat race.

Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.57.16Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.57.33Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.58.38

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.59.19

Netflix

No-Eul moved to Gangneung Hospital which is on the east coast.  The university teaching hospital is an entity of 8 or so medical centers affiliated with a medical school.  Something akin to what Goo and the late Dr. Lee wanted.  Not run by a conglomerate but the physician group.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-12 05.03.28

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I wasn't 100% that Seung-Hyo accepted the Global Plant Engineering.  Can someone confirm?   I think he got out of the rat race.

Only the writernim can confirm that. But I feel he didn't accept that offer. Or may be he didn't know also. That's why he came in plain casual shirt and trousers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Only the writernim can confirm that. But I feel he didn't accept that offer. Or may be he didn't know also. That's why he came in plain casual shirt and trousers

Sorry I missed on screenshot when NE asked the open ended “I have a question” question.

It’s strange to see Seung-Hyo far away seaside on the same day news broke about his transfer.  Knowing the kind of person Seung-Hyo is, he would be glued to his new desk at the new job pouring over reports the first few days. Nothing happens by accident in Goo’s world.  For him to know where NE is working (she moved after he left) hints that either through Ms Kang or as an employer.  His answer is as open ended as her question.  He just got there and not ready for questioning, her habit with him as president before.  He also looked into joint ventures before which Gangneung hospital is under.

IMHO, Seung-Hyo wanted to finish the failed app project with QL as both a parting thank you to Hwayeong and an affirmation of the skilled businessman he is. I am not sure if Hwayeong news is all smoke and mirror for its business PR. 

@triplem @bebebisous33 @40somethingahjumma what do you think of Goo’s future?

@heyho5502 yes, I agree, hard to know. This Global Plant Engineering question was probably what NoEul wanted to ask? Me too, I want to know.  Why are you here? hahaha

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, heyho5502 said:

@bedifferent and @pompyavi, maybe he is not (good if not) but why the announcement is being made then?. I don't think for something that important, the chairman will make an announcement of Gu's appointment as it will create more scandal.

That's the thing... Or may be he didn't know that LNE would leave Hwajeong and he might have accepted. Also the announcement was made the same day he came to meet her. I think if he was going to accept it then he would not have come. Also he never lies and made things up. Plus the chairman might have thought that he won't disagree since he used him as his slave for ten years. Who knows what the writernim had in her mind. May be a second season ? (please writer-nim do it)

Till the end he remained a mystery..

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 5

My honest opinion is that this story didn't rise to the level of SF. This was a natural expectation because of the writer-actors combo. But even then I rate this drama very high

All the characters remained true to their nature through out the story. It would have been weird to see President Gu take up arms against Hwajeong group. He is just too level headed to do anything like that.

I liked how the writer didn't change the whole system at the end. The whole crux of the story is the system is flawed, it can be changed. It is possible but not overnight. Dr Joo and Dr Ye had the biggest changes overall. The former realized he can and should step up as a leader. The later decided to face all his issues (Work related and personal ones) head on.

I appreciate that Dr LNE, Dr Ye and Sun woo remained close friends till the end.

Sun woo chang resigned and doesn't know what he wants to do. I loved that he got his 5 mins of verbal outburst. He was waiting to explode and he said what many of us feel (or felt at some point) about our workplace.

Writer did very well with the romance angles. Both the love lines were handled well. It would have been so easy to go overboard. This was perfect. Sec. Kang and President's driver were basically us audience! :lol: Looking for the tiniest hints of love in the severe settings. 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, buzzzz said:

sad indeed to see him jobless and idle.  I want him to have the girl! All those scenes for nothing? She didn’t even know he likes her! What a way to part!

And I just thought of another word to describe him -- aimless.... :(

I actually think his role in the hospital is a respectable one. Yes, it is very difficult to convince family of donor to approve the organ donation, but like he shared, he gets to witness the joy and gratefulness of the receiving end.

Yes, I would rather the nurse knew about his crush too, even if she doesn't feel the same and rejects him. I felt so sad when he had to message back to her that his message inviting her for a meal was meant for another person.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I think a lot of us here are besides being fans of the actors , are also fans of SF which led us to this drama . So I will be happy to have a sequel of that and even this drama . Can we please have Lee Joon Hyuk in the cast this round :rolleyes: it if comes true 

Quoting from the tweeter you posted "But...since we’ve seen the new Sangkook University Hospital President.. I must strongly insist on season 2 !" --> Yes! this alone is reason enough for a season 2, hahaha, on top of my dissatisfaction with the last episode.

I'm definitely in for all this writer's future work. I like her style of script-writing. And I'm also in for all JSW's work. I know we'll be seeing him soon in FoS season 2. But the character I enjoyed most from him was in God's Gift, except for the last few minutes (yeah, still bitter till now...)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Till the end he remained a mystery..

Yes!  And though I want the answers about him,  I'm kinda glad we are left wondering.  Because otherwise, for me, the ending was a bit lackluster.  All the little parts were there, but the presentation didn't pack much punch.

13 hours ago, buzzzz said:

Our dear Prez Gu was ahead of the game all the time...

Exactly!  That is what makes him my favorite (together with Ms. Kang, who is equally sharp).  Whenever Gu gives a little look, pay attention!  Something else is left unsaid.  I learned this when he signed the contract with the older pioneer gentleman.  His "hesitation" was not about making the man sign.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

It’s strange to see Seung-Hyo far away seaside on the same day news broke about his transfer.  Knowing the kind of person Seung-Hyo is, he would be glued to his new desk at the new job pouring over reports the first few days. Nothing happens by accident in Goo’s world.

Now  that I rewatched the episode, Seung Hyo sent the mail after he left the office. Though having the knowledge that he would definitely be fired by confirming that the chairman's younger brother name was delisted from the site, still he didn't revealed his plan about the apparels to the chairman. Had he done that the chairman would not have fired him for sure. In the earlier episode he said that he would fight as well. May be going to global engineering office is a part of his plan. Yes there is nothing called coincidence in Seung Hyo's dictionary. Plus it might be near to LNE's workplace. ( This is just my wishful thinking.:D)

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

@staygold love your post!  Still gathering thoughts about the whole drama.

Life is structured much like an anthology to me. I think this is why we feel the episodes were written by different writers at some point. LKH mentioned at the presscon the main difference between LSY’s works is that the side stories intersect to build the main theme in Life. The drama is slightly clumsy in execution and transitions here and there but there were also some well written character expositions, social issues, medical food for thoughts.  As a person in the healthcare field, it speaks to me in ways that are rarely seen in a medical drama.  Life is not completely a true thriller, a procedural medical drama or even one about political powerplay.  It’s a little of everything so do we fault writernim for her ambitious missed opportunities  or commend her on the brave attempt of putting out a unique human drama.  I am just going to judge it based on its own merits fully awared that it will forever be judged against SF.  I really like that LSY’s second  drama is a departure from SF in tone and plotting.  It’s a sign of a good writer who has a lot of potential. If I look at the drama as 1/2 glass full, Life is fearless in not championing a traditional winner and way of life.   It asks us to be open to all possibilities and people.  The idea that somehow, we as different people with faults can somehow work together.  Like Mr Goo said, the end is what matters.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Sorry I missed on screenshot when NE asked the open ended “I have a question” question.

It’s strange to see Seung-Hyo far away seaside on the same day news broke about his transfer.  Knowing the kind of person Seung-Hyo is, he would be glued to his new desk at the new job pouring over reports the first few days. Nothing happens by accident in Goo’s world.  For him to know where NE is working (she moved after he left) hints that either through Ms Kang or as an employer.  His answer is as open ended as her question.  He just got there and not ready for questioning, her habit with him as president before.  He also looked into joint ventures before which Gangneung hospital is under.

IMHO, Seung-Hyo wanted to finish the failed app project with QL as both a parting thank you to Hwayeong and an affirmation of the skilled businessman he is. I am not sure if Hwayeong news is all smoke and mirror for its business PR. 

@triplem @bebebisous33 @40somethingahjumma what do you think of Goo’s future?

@heyho5502 yes, I agree, hard to know. This Global Plant Engineering question was probably what NoEul wanted to ask? Me too, I want to know.  Why are you here? hahaha

I do think that GSH is hired back by the chairman Cho and GSH has accepted the offer. It was his way of fighting back. He knew that from the start the position of president at S. Hospital was temporary. Cho always wanted to get rid of him but by developping something that the chairman Cho didn't expect GSH proved two things:

- he thinks ahead, even anticipates the moves of Chairman Cho

- he proves his loyalty to the company

NE is wondering why GSH hasn't left for good Hwayeong and in my opinion, GSH doesn't have the financial background to become independent. Moreover, I do think that he feels indebted towards the former CEO.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I believe so. He was indeed fired, but probably rehired due to his proposal with the apparel company the group has. CEO Cho sees that KSH can still be an asset to him to make more money by putting chips in their sporting apparel to monitor health of the person wearing it.

LNE's question "You haven't left yet?" I believe she meant that he hasn't left the Hwajeong Group yet.

@bebebisous33 @ktcjdrama thanks.. BTW, @ktcjdrama I remember you from the Secret Forest thread... hello<~< will see you when SF 2 starts next year?! lol

@heyho5502 you could be right about Goo’s rehiring!  Is this how your wife feel after an argument? (j.k.) :P:ph34r:  Good points all around in your post!  I am with @triplem on how Goo’s not meant to be some cloaked superhero with a great plan to topple the conglomerate.  His intricate plans are prioritized to save both himself and the hospital, never at the expense of his own survival.  Given the extent of Hwayeong’s influence, he probably was looking at permanent unemployment after he was fired so I guess staying on is actually the best possible scenario.  Reality is not pretty.  When he said he will watch Sangkook keep its true core values in the next 5-10 yrs, it was a personal pact made between him and the physicians to overcome human weakness or greed.  We can perhaps read it as his will to survive in Sangkook for this newfound purpose. Goo knows he can make a difference in his own ways. He is just not one who goes against the flow outright. 

15 hours ago, buzzzz said:

Would it be too much to hope for a director’s cut of the last episode??  

There’s daum fan request for BluRay/DVD.^^

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

. BTW, @ktcjdrama I remember you from the Secret Forest thread... hello<~< will see you when SF 2 starts next year?! lol

You can count on that! I can't wait to see a smiling Hwang Shi Mok :D

And thank you btw for sharing your insights of the medical field so we have a richer understanding of this drama. Really appreciate your long posts. 

Thanks to all other posters too. I joined the party too late but nevertheless enjoyed it all the same. Can't believe the drama is over now. I was starting to have a little withdrawal already before going to bed last night...:P

• Like 6

Maybe it's a sign of ageing but lately I've been on a slice-of-life dramas fix. ;) Not sure why but Kdramaland seems particularly good at making them. I've seen quite a few this year and I still think Prison Playbook tops the list for me. I don't think many K dramas comes even close to the greatness of PP this year except maybe for Life on Mars (and possibly Live). But both were absolutely groundbreaking stuff IMO in terms of effective crafting in visual storytelling and production values. 

That said, I've really enjoyed LIFE... warts and all. It is a slice-of-life workplace drama at the end of the day about people who just happen to work in hospital. Some are definitely better paid than others but the discontent is universal. The problems seem to be the same everywhere as I can attest as a professional who is currently on a self-imposed sabbatical. ;) I was struck by the nurse telling the angry former manager of the organ transplant unit that the deep-seated resentment comes from being overworked and underpaid. Oh yes... I've heard that too... and I've seen what that does to otherwise usually amicable human beings. When I started at my last place of contracted employment, I walked into an angry room of people seething with resentment at being asked to do ridiculous things just so they could check off somebody else's boxes. Negativity practically reeked through the cracks of the walls. I was sympathetic about all the grievances but weary by all the complaining.

Much as I came to like him as a human being, I don't think President Gu was a really good fit for the hospital. He undoubtedly had a good head for figures and logistics but as a people manager... not so much. I also think some of that came from spending too much time listening to his junior (the organ transplant manager) whose own biases and resentments filtered through. The doctors can be an egotistical bunch... but not all of them are equally egotistical. Some of them were even genuine idealists. GSH came into the hospital all ready to attack knowing he would be dealing with a recalcitrant lot of people. But he didn't know why they dug their heels in... at first. No one would disagree that change is inevitable on some level but change for change sake is just as bad. However, doctors aren't the only ones with their egos on the line. Chairman Cho obviously has something to prove. It isn't entirely about money for him interestingly enough.

This whole notion about running hospitals exclusively like hotels also troubles me. I don't have a problem with people who can afford to pay a premium wanting premium rooms and services (that's frills) but a hospital should first and foremost be a place to care for the sick. The doctors are right in wanting to protect that ethos and those who buy hospitals should at the very least understand that those concerns are valid. What the doctors are rightly concerned about is that the services that should be available to everyone who needs it don't become services that only the wealthy can pay for. This is something very much close to home for me. A friend has been attached to an ECMO machine now for several weeks. He was in ICU for about a  month, I think. Without any of those facilities he would not have survived, I imagine. His family is grateful as I am that this kind of tech has been available and they're not exactly wealthy people.

Of course it isn't an ideal world. Everyone wants their own way. Those who have the resources can make it happen. And those who have enough ingenuity and support can make it happen in other ways. The doctors do see themselves as advocates for future patients even while they're not perfect people.

One of the greatest tragedies of our time, I believe is seen in the way we are raising the next few generations. Instead of teaching them resilience, our society increasingly tells our youngsters to play the blame game. Instead of telling them reality can be harsh and prepare them for it, "we" convince them that they are perpetual victims. The reality is life is hard... whether one has a disability, work as an emergency doctor, or take on the role of heading up a department or organization and as the show demonstrates... life is a constant battle. There's always a fight that needs to be fought just round the corner. The workplace especially a large one can be a perpetual battleground... largely because change is inevitable.

LIFE ends with the arrival of a new hospital president (Yesh... LJH!... S2 please). What will he bring to the table? Will he do his brother's bidding? What does that mean for the hospital and its staff? He's an oncologist but also the younger brother of the chairman. Will he be a much needed bridge between Big Corporation and the hospital. Does this signal the beginning of a new era? If so, what kind? YJW catches a glimpse of the new president before he goes on leave and says quietly, "See you again." That signals a significant shift in thinking for JW... he is no longer prepared to stay quiet, stand still and let others do the heavy lifting. He has now seen the importance of being proactive if he believes the cause warrants it. The courage that now defines his MO has freed him to date and to be a better brother.

It isn't all about doing battle of course. Work is not all there is to life. One must take time to recharge before one can re-enter the fray. Relationships outside of work should be a source of refuge, places of comfort so that when we enter the battleground of work, we have something to protect and build. It is heartening to see GSH moving on to a new job and possibly pursuing a long-term relationship with LNE. I can see many moments for them at the animal shelter and the invasion of puppies around their home. Same thing with JW finding someone amazing who embraces him and all the baggage of his life. The pretty reporter seems to fit snugly into the Ye Brothers dynamic, picking up where LNE left off. The best part for me was watching the two brothers out at sea doing something together and being brothers. It certainly warms the cockles of one's heart.

• Like 10

[SPOILERS!!!][Life Roundup] Episode 13-16 (finale)

0001057449_001_20180905065123508.jpg

Spoiler

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B4.20.54%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B4.20.47%2BPM.png

1. [+578, -156] Why are people richard simmons on Lee Dong Wook? If you watch the drama enough, it shows you why he's doing the things he's doing 

2. [+458, -41] I ended up not liking Moon Sung Geun because he acts so well

3. [+194, -38] No but.. there are so many different type of people who live in this world.. there should be people like Lee Dong Wook.. To be honest, I was looking forward to a drama that would exceed 'Secret Forest' but it doesn't seem like it.. I hope they produce 'Secret Forest' season 2

4. [+266, -112] When Lee Dong Wook was talking with Cho Seung Woo and he got mad because his brother was mentioned, his acting skills plummeted. I feel like he would be embarrassed if he monitored his acting (t/n: when they say 'monitor' they mean they're watching/reviewing their own performance). With Cho Seung Woo, emotions show up with subtle changes in expression but with Lee Dong Wook, he only shouts loudly and his expression stays the same that I thought his whole face received botox. I wondered why he didn't become as popular compared to his handsome looks but after watching this drama, I'm sad because I completely understood why. Moon Sung Geun's acting is really realistic. He's a really wicked person but there's nothing incorrect about his words. Lee Dong Wook, who was annoying until the end, made Moon Sung Geun's acting shine. Cho Seung Woo is the most realistic but I'm only surprised because he does a good job at expressing a character that's the hardest to exist.

5. [+159, -46] It's fun. I feel like it would be even more fun if Cho Seung Woo joins them and fights with them. Looking forward to next week!

2018091301000987400076483_20180912095651941.jpg?type=w540
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B4.57.29%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B4.57.20%2BPM.png

1. [+1153, -57] I held back and watched until the end because of actor Cho Seung Woo. This drama's cost of production is 10.6 billion? Seung Woo hyung doesn't need loyalty with the producers from his last work, if he's going to be the sub lead, let's only do it if the main lead is a better actor than hyung or need to act as well as hyung

2. [+653, -51] This drama could've been a masterpiece, they messed up the brothers, Cho Seung Woo cleaned up the richard simmons, they didn't reveal the director's death. If JTBC is going to be like this then don't make dramas

3. [+493, -22] No matter what you do, big companies do things on their own, it's hard to change.. In the end, you should just find your life's small happiness (love, brotherly love), isn't this the writer's message... I feel like that's also why the drama's title is life

4. [+444, -49] I'm mad at myself for not being able to give up on Cho Seung Woo's acting until the end and watching the drama until the end ㅜ ㅜ But meanwhile, it was nice to see the fatal Seo Dong Jae-ssi ㅎㅎ Seriously Lee Dong Wook should learn acting again!

5. [+396, -11] Only Cho Seung Woo was the best 

2018091201000985300076301_20180911234731799.jpg?type=w540
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B5.16.33%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-12%2Bat%2B5.16.28%2BPM.png

1. [+589, -4] CEO Goo who left like that will become a multimillionaire real estate owner that looks for excellent spots and will end up meeting Cha Joo Hyuk who comes and goes through the past...

2. [+429, -9] I only saw Cho Seung Woo, Moon Sung Geun, Moon So Ri
↪ [+55, -1] There's also Yoo Jae Myung... 

3. [+419, -14] I watched until the end because of Cho Seung Woo....there was romance, that I wonder if it was necessary, everywhere.. Until the end, I wondered if Lee No Eul needed that much emphasis.. 
↪ [+31, -0] Lee Dong Wook and the reporter was more severe ㅡㅡ

4. [+257, -16] Until the end, Ye Jin Woo didn't wake up and he was an eyesore of a male lead ㅜㅜ Why was there a love story for the Ye brothers   

a59a0636f27b4b15b035040ca5c72820.jpeg?s=

Cho Seung Woo Shares How He Chooses His Projects And The Importance Of Chemistry Between The Cast

Spoiler

Cho Seung Woo talked about his standards when it came to choosing scripts, the difficulty of finding new stories, the type of work he wanted to do, and the importance of chemistry between cast members.

On September 13, Cho Seung Woo held an interview ahead of the premiere of his upcoming film “Feng Shui.” On how he chooses which works to appear in, the actor shared, “I still think about what to look for. The thing to avoid the most are works that pretends inevitability is a coincidence. It’s a device that everyone uses. In other words, it’s a script that already has an answer.”

He continued, “The scripts that have predictability are hard. Taking previously done formats and changing the subject, adjusting the characters, and altering what’s familiar just a little bit. I try not to do those as much as possible. I don’t want to see it.”

Cho Seung Woo added, “Because topics become exhausted and the audience’s standards have become higher, it’s hard to find works that satisfy the audience. However, if it’s not new, I think it’ll be ignored. That’s why I do my best to find something new.” Mentioning that he had recently enjoyed John Cho’s “Search,” which topped the Korean box office, he commented, “The story wasn’t cliché, but rather made a breakthrough by being novel, and succeeded. I think that’s thought provoking.” 

On the kinds of projects he wanted to work on, he shared, “Even if it’s a small project, I’m always open to making appearances on it. I’m not very picky. I starred in a one-man act on TV ‘Strange, More Than That,’ and made cameos in ‘Assassination‘ as well as ‘The Peach Tree.’ Results aside, I want to try new works where the attempt itself is fun.”

Cho Seung Woo talked about his most recent works, “Stranger,” as well as “Life,” and commented, “I try to stay logical. I try my hardest not to stand out. I’m like that on set too. Maybe it’s just the way I am, but I don’t like being in the limelight and doing things. I decided to go with a silent image so I don’t lose the weight of pressure.”

He also spoke up about the importance of the chemistry between the cast, rather than how much screen time he got. He commented, “They say things like ‘top [actor]’ and ‘best [actor],’ but it doesn’t mean anything. It just gives you a lot of pressure. Acting in and of itself is having good chemistry with your co-star and the rest of the cast. If anyone rises or sticks out, I don’t really like it. I prefer working with everyone.”

“Feng Shui” is about a genius feng shui master Park Jae Sang (played by Cho Seung Woo) who uses the Earth’s energy to change people’s fates, and the conflict and ambition of those who try to take the most prosperous land to become king. The film will premiere on September 19.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@annagriss8 Jo Seung Woo is :heart:   LOL to his advice to a soon-to-be groom YJM. :lol:  Hope to see him again in 2019.  

About working with Yoo Jae Myung for the third time after dramas “Secret Forest” and “Life,” Cho Seung Woo said, “Because we worked together on so many projects, it feels lonely without him. I feel bored when we don’t film together. He’s the kind of existence that always needs to be by my side. He’s my emotional support system. He’s always warm, gives good reactions, and listens to all of my acting.”

He continued, “There were so many fun stories, but the one that I can think of right now is, well he’s getting married soon. I heard many of his dating stories and every day he said, “Seung Woo, I can’t do this anymore.” He’d say this after coming from an argument. But after making up, he’d say, ‘You should hurry up and date too.'”

He added, “I didn’t know where I should chime in. I hope he’ll be good to his wife.”

Source

@ktcjdrama me too.  Came and stayed for JSW, YJM and LSY.  Happy when I left, what more can you ask of a drama? :)

They held off the last OST until Episode 16. Hearing Seung-Hyo wishing them well before his goodbye showed how much Sangkook has affected him.  Take care.  It's coming from the heart, genuine and warm.  In many ways, he took care of them the best that he could.   Even down to the last minute, tapping the microphone to let them know they have been listened in all these times. LOL

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.24.40

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.27.25Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.26.52Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.26.58

The team that loves each other, stays together.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.27.35Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.28.03

Take care.  See you again.

To Jin-woo, thank you for taking care of me.  I'm OK?! :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 5.47.12 AM

At the end of the day, we all walk out the door.  Preferably with someone toward the sea.  Tie-less.  Life is more than work.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.14.17

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.14.25

Because you can never have too many smiling ShiMok, two more.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.14.45Screenshot 2018-09-13 05.15.53

Credit:  JTBC

• Like 11

Totally bias posting for my love of Tae In Ho :D  Okey okay, I admit, his last scene is quite profound y'all.  We all breathe and live the same way, what makes us happy? 

What makes a meaningful life?  

At last we found the reason behind Sunwoo's name  Glutton - perhaps it is his wish for a life better than the current.  SW's disenchanted. He gets none of the rewards and all of the resentment.  We see him in us at some point in our careers.  What makes us happy is the validation for what we do, some respect and appreciation for our skills and opinions.   That we matter in some ways.  For Sun-woo, there's no ray of sunshine in Sangkook.   All he hears are complaints and complaints.  No one tries to understand each other so they can work together.  He refused to go to more meetings to hear them. In the end, he quits.  

Free of burden and troubles, he roams the street aimlessly.  But is he happy?  

30779032668_ed8b328af3_b.jpg

Spoiler
fullsizeoutput_28cbfullsizeoutput_28cd

Maybe there is happiness in a purposeful life, frustration and all.  For Sun-woo, it's this.

Screenshot 2018-09-13 08.49.53
Spoiler

Even when the person who supposed to care don't..

Screenshot 2018-09-13 08.51.51

20180724_145843_5452.jpg

• Like 11

I really should do a rewatch of this drama. Maybe I was rushing through it (ep.1-14) that I didn't have enough time to ponder on important scenes and better appreciate the writing.

@bedifferent that last picture of SwC you posted reminded me that he respected Director LBH by holding a toast up to "invisible" him, just the two of them. They must have had drinks like that before LBH's death. Initially, I thought SwC was one of the "bad" guys for being so unfeeling about the death and just go about it very business-like, getting the organ donored, even pushing/insisting it to be quickly signed. He is a lonely soul in such big hospital and he hardly smiles.

And now I also note that the two people in the room with LBH's dead body first episode were Dr.Oh and Dr.Joo who both later became the leaders of the hospital. 

• Like 7