Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

Um..., having watched ep.16, I'm guessing there will be a Season 2?

Okay, not gonna lie, I am not satisfied with the way this drama ends.

Will have to digest ep.16 properly first, maybe rewatch with another sub language, before making any comments, if there's any... or maybe I have too much expectation towards the ending :mellow:

• Like 6

Oh can I add something? Our dear Prez Gu was ahead of the game all the time... besides the lease clause, he also knew that the chairman was going to bring in his baby Brother to take over the hospital. In an earlier episode, he was looking at the American medical web page of the Doctors n the name was ‘Cho Chang’ and when he looked at it again in episode 16, the doctor’s name was delisted. Gu knew all along he will be made a scapegoat. 

I really like the way he is depicted as Super astute and sharp for both LIFE as well as Forest.

See you all in the forum for the sequel! 

• Like 13

Finally watched the whole ep, emotional ride seeing how Gu did all he can to protect the hospital n the company. True to his words tat he would never do anything to hurt chairman cho or company. He sees the value n potential of those around him, sharing his last bit of wisdom with the hospital staff before leaving. Really RESPECT him.

Would like to think PA kang n driver will be with him in Global innovative, am sure he would bring Sunwoo in too. Just my delu mind working overtime. Perhaps PA Kang has been in contact with LNE since they r drinking buddies, with a stdby driver Gu.;p

• Like 10

1 hour ago, akiera said:

So is global plant engineering another organization under hwajeong? He was fired. right? And she asked, "you haven't left yet?" Does that mean they are in touch?

I believe so. He was indeed fired, but probably rehired due to his proposal with the apparel company the group has. CEO Cho sees that KSH can still be an asset to him to make more money by putting chips in their sporting apparel to monitor health of the person wearing it.

LNE's question "You haven't left yet?" I believe she meant that he hasn't left the Hwajeong Group yet.

5 hours ago, ilovenico said:

What would have been an even better ending - our stoic and loyal Heart Transplant doctor getting his girl or at least got a job w our dear Mr Gu at the new company. That would have made it perfect.

This is also what I was expecting... at least a hint of baby-step progress maybe? It's sad to see him jobless and idle like that.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong about not being satisfied with the ending. It is a slice-of-life drama and addresses very real issues... I'm very happy to see that many are resolved. We see that JW and SW finally enjoying relaxing together, JW saying goodbye to double SW, JW's romance progressing well, KSH+LNE's romance is also taking a step. And I even now think that Director LBH's death was pure accident, from Dep.Director Kim's flashback, that indeed they may disagree on things, but they were close friends.

Just that some things unresolved, like what is SW's latest health condition then? then the above, Dr.Transplant's romance and future. Also Nurse Kim's shady reactions in the initial episodes, like she has something to hide.... Maybe I need to rewatch the entire drama again, hahahaaa...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Would it be too much to hope for a director’s cut of the last episode??  Pray pray @ktcjdrama like you aptly put, sad indeed to see him jobless and idle.  I want him to have the girl! All those scenes for nothing? She didn’t even know he likes her! What a way to part! 

:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

JTBC 'Life' last making film

kbiTJ9t.png

JSW and LDW sharing a cup of ice cream :heart:

That's bromance.

64e86b74gy1fv6t4kamhlj20ku1av7wh.jpg

LDW: Ice cream is a dieter's worst enemy.

JSW:  you don't say... TT

JSW: I still want to eat coz it's yummy (eating right down to the last bite)

Working ant? More like Glutton if you ask me. Haha.

C6oypww.png

3cr1bDc.png

strong wind blowing at WJA

Crew guy: You''ll get a shampoo commercial soon.

WJA: Really? Beer's on me if I get one (exaggerating hair flip)

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I think a lot of us here are besides being fans of the actors , are also fans of SF which led us to this drama . So I will be happy to have a sequel of that and even this drama . Can we please have Lee Joon Hyuk in the cast this round :rolleyes: it if comes true 

• Like 9

Sorry joined in the very last minute just to rant a bit.

This drama is far below FS to my humble opinion. Great cast but many times dragging to long with unnecessary scenes. As if this drama is written by 2 different person. The last episode is a let down for me.

From all the characters, I don't feel connected with YJW the most, I think LDW act here is overshadowed by the rest of the casts even by the one played his brother. In fact, I thought he is the lead character instead of LDW.  As for the LNE, well, I don't even think why she should be there. No significant role, the drama can still going on with or without her character.

I wish the last episodes is filled more with Gu's post-firing instead of YJW scenes that appears almost the whole episodes with unnecessary scenes...too draggy. I have to fast forward the episodes many times despite the protest from my wife.

I don't understand why Gu still wants to work with that chairman. With his capabilities he can get another job easier. That chairman has proven himself as a snake and only use/manipulate others. A total pragmatic. The decision of even selling the ideas to the chairman shows how desperate Gu is to get recognition from the chairman. The last episode really put Gu from top of my list as a character I like most to the bottom three, to me he has become a man who only exists if he evolves around the chairman. What is so special about the company that you let yourself being stabbed, insulted and yet you slaved yourself willingly.  Maybe this is not the first time he is being treated that way so he get used to it. Perhaps it is his way to show gratitude of the scholarship he got. But he has paid it much more to compensate it. The last episodes make me like the chairman better than Gu, at least he is consistent in his schemes. 

This drama has no villain to my opinion, everyone has flaws and up to us the viewer, which character you can relate the most. Neither does this drama have hero. All characters have both victim attitude on one hand and heroic attitude on the other. Perhaps that is what makes this drama relatable.

If I have to choose what I enjoy the most in the drama is the interaction between Gu and Ms. Kang. Thanks God, for the first time in K-drama I see a real professional secretary/Head of CEO Office, who really works efficient, effective and smart. Knows when to open her mouth and when is not. For once, I don't see a secretary fixing her boss tie or make him coffee/tea. A total professional, just like a real corporate office' secretary. I like their dynamic and their scenes is 100% more engaging than LNE and Gu together.

Second , is each time Gu and Director Oh on the screen either for argument or civil talk. Heck, I see their chemistry more than LNE - Gu,. I also enjoy each time Gu meet Glutton and Gu with the SW.  

It's a pitty that the writer chose Gu still slaving himself to the chairman and make me lost interest to him but CSW the actor will remain on my list to watch his next drama. He is simply great and has charisma. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, heyho5502 said:

I don't understand why Gu still wants to work with that chairman.

I wasn't 100% that Seung-Hyo accepted the Global Plant Engineering.  Can someone confirm?   I think he got out of the rat race.

Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.57.16Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.57.33Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.58.38

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-12 04.59.19

Netflix

No-Eul moved to Gangneung Hospital which is on the east coast.  The university teaching hospital is an entity of 8 or so medical centers affiliated with a medical school.  Something akin to what Goo and the late Dr. Lee wanted.  Not run by a conglomerate but the physician group.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-09-12 05.03.28

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I wasn't 100% that Seung-Hyo accepted the Global Plant Engineering.  Can someone confirm?   I think he got out of the rat race.

Only the writernim can confirm that. But I feel he didn't accept that offer. Or may be he didn't know also. That's why he came in plain casual shirt and trousers

• Like 5

@bedifferent and @pompyavi, maybe he is not (good if not) but why the announcement is being made then?. I don't think for something that important, the chairman will make an announcement of Gu's appointment as it will create more scandal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Only the writernim can confirm that. But I feel he didn't accept that offer. Or may be he didn't know also. That's why he came in plain casual shirt and trousers

Sorry I missed on screenshot when NE asked the open ended “I have a question” question.

It’s strange to see Seung-Hyo far away seaside on the same day news broke about his transfer.  Knowing the kind of person Seung-Hyo is, he would be glued to his new desk at the new job pouring over reports the first few days. Nothing happens by accident in Goo’s world.  For him to know where NE is working (she moved after he left) hints that either through Ms Kang or as an employer.  His answer is as open ended as her question.  He just got there and not ready for questioning, her habit with him as president before.  He also looked into joint ventures before which Gangneung hospital is under.

IMHO, Seung-Hyo wanted to finish the failed app project with QL as both a parting thank you to Hwayeong and an affirmation of the skilled businessman he is. I am not sure if Hwayeong news is all smoke and mirror for its business PR. 

@triplem @bebebisous33 @40somethingahjumma what do you think of Goo’s future?

@heyho5502 yes, I agree, hard to know. This Global Plant Engineering question was probably what NoEul wanted to ask? Me too, I want to know.  Why are you here? hahaha

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, heyho5502 said:

@bedifferent and @pompyavi, maybe he is not (good if not) but why the announcement is being made then?. I don't think for something that important, the chairman will make an announcement of Gu's appointment as it will create more scandal.

That's the thing... Or may be he didn't know that LNE would leave Hwajeong and he might have accepted. Also the announcement was made the same day he came to meet her. I think if he was going to accept it then he would not have come. Also he never lies and made things up. Plus the chairman might have thought that he won't disagree since he used him as his slave for ten years. Who knows what the writernim had in her mind. May be a second season ? (please writer-nim do it)

Till the end he remained a mystery..

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 6

My honest opinion is that this story didn't rise to the level of SF. This was a natural expectation because of the writer-actors combo. But even then I rate this drama very high

All the characters remained true to their nature through out the story. It would have been weird to see President Gu take up arms against Hwajeong group. He is just too level headed to do anything like that.

I liked how the writer didn't change the whole system at the end. The whole crux of the story is the system is flawed, it can be changed. It is possible but not overnight. Dr Joo and Dr Ye had the biggest changes overall. The former realized he can and should step up as a leader. The later decided to face all his issues (Work related and personal ones) head on.

I appreciate that Dr LNE, Dr Ye and Sun woo remained close friends till the end.

Sun woo chang resigned and doesn't know what he wants to do. I loved that he got his 5 mins of verbal outburst. He was waiting to explode and he said what many of us feel (or felt at some point) about our workplace.

Writer did very well with the romance angles. Both the love lines were handled well. It would have been so easy to go overboard. This was perfect. Sec. Kang and President's driver were basically us audience! :lol: Looking for the tiniest hints of love in the severe settings. 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, buzzzz said:

sad indeed to see him jobless and idle.  I want him to have the girl! All those scenes for nothing? She didn’t even know he likes her! What a way to part!

And I just thought of another word to describe him -- aimless.... :(

I actually think his role in the hospital is a respectable one. Yes, it is very difficult to convince family of donor to approve the organ donation, but like he shared, he gets to witness the joy and gratefulness of the receiving end.

Yes, I would rather the nurse knew about his crush too, even if she doesn't feel the same and rejects him. I felt so sad when he had to message back to her that his message inviting her for a meal was meant for another person.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I think a lot of us here are besides being fans of the actors , are also fans of SF which led us to this drama . So I will be happy to have a sequel of that and even this drama . Can we please have Lee Joon Hyuk in the cast this round :rolleyes: it if comes true 

Quoting from the tweeter you posted "But...since we’ve seen the new Sangkook University Hospital President.. I must strongly insist on season 2 !" --> Yes! this alone is reason enough for a season 2, hahaha, on top of my dissatisfaction with the last episode.

I'm definitely in for all this writer's future work. I like her style of script-writing. And I'm also in for all JSW's work. I know we'll be seeing him soon in FoS season 2. But the character I enjoyed most from him was in God's Gift, except for the last few minutes (yeah, still bitter till now...)

• Like 10

7 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Till the end he remained a mystery..

Yes!  And though I want the answers about him,  I'm kinda glad we are left wondering.  Because otherwise, for me, the ending was a bit lackluster.  All the little parts were there, but the presentation didn't pack much punch.

13 hours ago, buzzzz said:

Our dear Prez Gu was ahead of the game all the time...

Exactly!  That is what makes him my favorite (together with Ms. Kang, who is equally sharp).  Whenever Gu gives a little look, pay attention!  Something else is left unsaid.  I learned this when he signed the contract with the older pioneer gentleman.  His "hesitation" was not about making the man sign.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

It’s strange to see Seung-Hyo far away seaside on the same day news broke about his transfer.  Knowing the kind of person Seung-Hyo is, he would be glued to his new desk at the new job pouring over reports the first few days. Nothing happens by accident in Goo’s world.

Now  that I rewatched the episode, Seung Hyo sent the mail after he left the office. Though having the knowledge that he would definitely be fired by confirming that the chairman's younger brother name was delisted from the site, still he didn't revealed his plan about the apparels to the chairman. Had he done that the chairman would not have fired him for sure. In the earlier episode he said that he would fight as well. May be going to global engineering office is a part of his plan. Yes there is nothing called coincidence in Seung Hyo's dictionary. Plus it might be near to LNE's workplace. ( This is just my wishful thinking.:D)

• Like 8
  • LOL 3