[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

I loved how the characters developed gradually and were maintained till the end. 
YJW: He started off doing things anonymously, hiding behind someone. He knew the pain of losing someone that's why he didn't have the courage to walk away from helping people. But slowly he started to open up. He did things without thinking of the consequences that they might lead to. But at the end, he understood that. That's why, instead of revealing the songtan land deal themselves, they went to minister. Also at the end he accepted that he no longer needs to worry about his brother. He is not different from any normal people and he can live his life on his own without any help. 
GSH: I liked how the writer didn't turn him into an angel at the end. Because that's not how people in real life is. He started off as a ruthless businessman but that businessman had a soft corner as well. He knew from the beginning that YJW was the one who posted the financial statement and Dr Joo covered for him, still he didn't fire them. Nobody could have questioned even if he did. That genuine smile when he saw the kid sleeping with her mouth open. I think his  determination to survive came from the fact that his family went bankrupt during IMF crisis. The fact that both Ms Kang and his driver were willing to work with him shows that he was a good person. Working in the hospital made him realize that numbers and figures are not the only things in life. That's why he desperately begged the chairman not to tear the hospital. At the end, I don't think he accepted Hwajeong's position and came to meet her and it was his way of saying that he never hated her. He really needed someone as a friend or something more.

Ms Kang, the way she was worried for GSH when she learned that he also likes her and the way she confronted the head of restructure team melted my heart. She always had the freedom to say anything to him. The driver was willing to drive him home one last time. Loved Dr Oh and Dr Joo for the farewell they gave to him. Loved all the doctors for showing respect while he was leaving. And Lee Joon Hyuk seemed like ditto copy of his brother. 

With Life my relationship with Monday and Tuesday comes to an end. Ahh... It's difficult to let go. CSW, I have fallen in love with you. Lee Soon Yeon, am following your work till death. Thank you for secret forest and life. Please come back with second season for both and with same cast.

Sorry guys for my long post but needed to post it to feel better. Loved all your opinions and it was a wonderful experience. Thanks to all of you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nurlayla said:

so the Global Plant is still under Chairman Cho i guess...or no?

can someone do the math for Goo Sajang-nim age? :joy:

Sorry to cut your post. If you watched Ep 15, during the meal, they talked about IMF and Peace Dam. Mr Gu said he  was in 1st grade (6-7 years old) during the dam ie around 1987,  so roughly he should be around 37-38 in 2018.

• Like 6

The last ep is a pleasant ending! Not the kind of fairy tale type where everyone lives happily ever after.... All the members still need to be on their toes with the new president on board... he does not look like the 'friendly' type, but who knows with his background as a doctor, there will be a difference in the approach of the mgt! 

Loves how Gu makes a comeback with his business proposal to the CEO! This man does not burn his bridge! He knows the power of the group and would stays afloat despite being 'kicked' out... Wow! Dont girls just love a savvy, smart , intelligent and  sexy man in contemplation? heehehe! 

Frankly speaking, JSW will make a better on-screen match with his MSR noona... I find their interactions very 'sexy', as she seems to be making fun of him throughout the last 2 eps... and he seems to understand her well! Too bad she is married with kid (in the drama)... else she can become the 3rd wheel? Anyway, it is consolation prize that our Gu gets his 'girl',  even when I  don't feel any 'sparks' for the last few scenes, I am rooting, just for our poor President Gu (any girl will do!)  Maybe the PDs can consider a more equal match for future dramas/scripts for JSW...

And the transplant guy, is he just out of job with nothing no do? Cant they just give him a ending? I hate things hanging in the air! 

Who else, ? Oh,.. Ms Kang! I totally love her! Think she will follow Gu in his next job.... She is a keeper! and quite smart too! In a way, she helps to solve the case for the whole ep! BTW, I kept thinking that it is Gu who 'suggested' that she could make a 'mistake'. Think she took it forward and pass the information to the director and team in their confrontation with the Health Minister...  

Finally YJW, I am happy he gets his girl and keeps it! I hate it when he thinks too much, which is from ep 1 to 14! As what Gu mentioned at the 'farewell' party, some guys are clueless and still managed to get things done due to their passion... i chuckled at the last few scenes, when he YJW mentioned that he will follow the cause to set up an independent fund  for the hospital and buy the foundation from the chairman.. this guy just know no limits! LDW did a satisfactory job, as his role is really quite moody, and he can only frown most of the scenes and think to himself! I love it during his interactions with the reporter girlfriend and from there onwards, his character starts to shine... perhaps the writer can put it earlier into the scripts so that he can shine earlier! 

That's all for my take for Life! Thank you for accompany me for the past few weeks! Think we will meet again soon in SF-2? Think all of us in this forum are suckers for the SF team! May we be united again soon! 

• Like 8

Like @pompyavi said, `it was a wonderful experience'. What a lovely ending with the Ye brothers happily bonding by the sea and a relaxed, smiling Goo walking side by side with No-eul. 

There are so many things to love in this final episode. Director Oh met Prez Goo in his office where he handed over the care of the custodial housing to Oh and asked her to ensure the job was done. It was so poignant and so stoic and I could not help tearing.  Team Manager Kang and Driver's concern and protectiveness for their boss was so heart-warming. They were spot on about what he had gained most from coming to the hospital. No-eul's confession to Goo outside the hospital entrance on Goo's last day was so touching - she had Jin Woo's blessings when he urged her to go, as he could see how emotional she was after Goo's farewell speech to the doctors in the conference room. 

I wonder whether Goo really accepted the Global Plant job. Hwajeong would not have made the public announcement if he had not accepted right? I guess Team Manager Kang will be his super competent and protective Manager again.

Like @ilovenico mentioned, I too would like to know what happens to Glutton after he has his days of slacking. It seems such a shame if he is not with Worker Ant in some capacity or other. 

A big thank you to writer-nim, director, excellent cast and crew and lovely osts. A super thank you to friends on this thread for the insightful comments, analyses and interesting clips.

Goodbye President Goo and looking forward to seeing Prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok soon.  

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, estherlim said:

BTW, I kept thinking that it is Gu who 'suggested' that she could make a 'mistake'. Think she took it forward and pass the information to the director and team in their confrontation with the Health Minister...  

Now that you have mentioned it, it seems like that. That's why she wasn't there when the chairman came. And Seung Hyo already knew about that. That's why he was ready with the Songtan pioneer secret about the minister. 

when he YJW mentioned that he will follow the cause to set up an independent fund  for the hospital and buy the foundation from the chairman..

Also didn't LNE got this idea from Seung Hyo. When he asked her if they cannot buy it, they should leave..

This guy I tell you, his intelligence is similar to Hwang shi mok in SF, only difference is smiled and laughed. Ahh the laughter at the end. He foresaw all the possibilities of his actions and had backup plans ready for each one. He made himself so valuable that even if the chairman wants to get rid of him, he can't. 

Think we will meet again soon in SF-2? Think all of us in this forum are suckers for the SF team! May we be united again soon! 

Am definitely in. 

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, akiera said:

So is global plant engineering another organization under hwajeong? He was fired. right? And she asked, "you haven't left yet?" Does that mean they are in touch?

Nothing was revealed directly. But the confession of LNE at the entrance of the hospital when she told him that she was afraid that he would say he hated her, Seung Hyo replied to that by coming to meet her and in his own way expressed that he too likes her. 

• Like 4

Um..., having watched ep.16, I'm guessing there will be a Season 2?

Okay, not gonna lie, I am not satisfied with the way this drama ends.

Will have to digest ep.16 properly first, maybe rewatch with another sub language, before making any comments, if there's any... or maybe I have too much expectation towards the ending :mellow:

• Like 5

Oh can I add something? Our dear Prez Gu was ahead of the game all the time... besides the lease clause, he also knew that the chairman was going to bring in his baby Brother to take over the hospital. In an earlier episode, he was looking at the American medical web page of the Doctors n the name was ‘Cho Chang’ and when he looked at it again in episode 16, the doctor’s name was delisted. Gu knew all along he will be made a scapegoat. 

I really like the way he is depicted as Super astute and sharp for both LIFE as well as Forest.

See you all in the forum for the sequel! 

• Like 12

Finally watched the whole ep, emotional ride seeing how Gu did all he can to protect the hospital n the company. True to his words tat he would never do anything to hurt chairman cho or company. He sees the value n potential of those around him, sharing his last bit of wisdom with the hospital staff before leaving. Really RESPECT him.

Would like to think PA kang n driver will be with him in Global innovative, am sure he would bring Sunwoo in too. Just my delu mind working overtime. Perhaps PA Kang has been in contact with LNE since they r drinking buddies, with a stdby driver Gu.;p

• Like 9

1 hour ago, akiera said:

So is global plant engineering another organization under hwajeong? He was fired. right? And she asked, "you haven't left yet?" Does that mean they are in touch?

I believe so. He was indeed fired, but probably rehired due to his proposal with the apparel company the group has. CEO Cho sees that KSH can still be an asset to him to make more money by putting chips in their sporting apparel to monitor health of the person wearing it.

LNE's question "You haven't left yet?" I believe she meant that he hasn't left the Hwajeong Group yet.

5 hours ago, ilovenico said:

What would have been an even better ending - our stoic and loyal Heart Transplant doctor getting his girl or at least got a job w our dear Mr Gu at the new company. That would have made it perfect.

This is also what I was expecting... at least a hint of baby-step progress maybe? It's sad to see him jobless and idle like that.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong about not being satisfied with the ending. It is a slice-of-life drama and addresses very real issues... I'm very happy to see that many are resolved. We see that JW and SW finally enjoying relaxing together, JW saying goodbye to double SW, JW's romance progressing well, KSH+LNE's romance is also taking a step. And I even now think that Director LBH's death was pure accident, from Dep.Director Kim's flashback, that indeed they may disagree on things, but they were close friends.

Just that some things unresolved, like what is SW's latest health condition then? then the above, Dr.Transplant's romance and future. Also Nurse Kim's shady reactions in the initial episodes, like she has something to hide.... Maybe I need to rewatch the entire drama again, hahahaaa...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Would it be too much to hope for a director’s cut of the last episode??  Pray pray @ktcjdrama like you aptly put, sad indeed to see him jobless and idle.  I want him to have the girl! All those scenes for nothing? She didn’t even know he likes her! What a way to part! 

:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

JTBC 'Life' last making film

kbiTJ9t.png

JSW and LDW sharing a cup of ice cream :heart:

That's bromance.

64e86b74gy1fv6t4kamhlj20ku1av7wh.jpg

LDW: Ice cream is a dieter's worst enemy.

JSW:  you don't say... TT

JSW: I still want to eat coz it's yummy (eating right down to the last bite)

Working ant? More like Glutton if you ask me. Haha.

C6oypww.png

3cr1bDc.png

strong wind blowing at WJA

Crew guy: You''ll get a shampoo commercial soon.

WJA: Really? Beer's on me if I get one (exaggerating hair flip)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Sorry joined in the very last minute just to rant a bit.

This drama is far below FS to my humble opinion. Great cast but many times dragging to long with unnecessary scenes. As if this drama is written by 2 different person. The last episode is a let down for me.

From all the characters, I don't feel connected with YJW the most, I think LDW act here is overshadowed by the rest of the casts even by the one played his brother. In fact, I thought he is the lead character instead of LDW.  As for the LNE, well, I don't even think why she should be there. No significant role, the drama can still going on with or without her character.

I wish the last episodes is filled more with Gu's post-firing instead of YJW scenes that appears almost the whole episodes with unnecessary scenes...too draggy. I have to fast forward the episodes many times despite the protest from my wife.

I don't understand why Gu still wants to work with that chairman. With his capabilities he can get another job easier. That chairman has proven himself as a snake and only use/manipulate others. A total pragmatic. The decision of even selling the ideas to the chairman shows how desperate Gu is to get recognition from the chairman. The last episode really put Gu from top of my list as a character I like most to the bottom three, to me he has become a man who only exists if he evolves around the chairman. What is so special about the company that you let yourself being stabbed, insulted and yet you slaved yourself willingly.  Maybe this is not the first time he is being treated that way so he get used to it. Perhaps it is his way to show gratitude of the scholarship he got. But he has paid it much more to compensate it. The last episodes make me like the chairman better than Gu, at least he is consistent in his schemes. 

This drama has no villain to my opinion, everyone has flaws and up to us the viewer, which character you can relate the most. Neither does this drama have hero. All characters have both victim attitude on one hand and heroic attitude on the other. Perhaps that is what makes this drama relatable.

If I have to choose what I enjoy the most in the drama is the interaction between Gu and Ms. Kang. Thanks God, for the first time in K-drama I see a real professional secretary/Head of CEO Office, who really works efficient, effective and smart. Knows when to open her mouth and when is not. For once, I don't see a secretary fixing her boss tie or make him coffee/tea. A total professional, just like a real corporate office' secretary. I like their dynamic and their scenes is 100% more engaging than LNE and Gu together.

Second , is each time Gu and Director Oh on the screen either for argument or civil talk. Heck, I see their chemistry more than LNE - Gu,. I also enjoy each time Gu meet Glutton and Gu with the SW.  

It's a pitty that the writer chose Gu still slaving himself to the chairman and make me lost interest to him but CSW the actor will remain on my list to watch his next drama. He is simply great and has charisma. 

• Like 13