[Drama 2018] Mistress 미스트리스

larus

How The Characters Of OCN’s “Mistress” Have Changed Over Time

mistress-11.jpg

A month has passed since OCN first premiered its remake thriller, “Mistress,” starring four complex female characters played by Han Ga In, Shin Hyun Bin, Choi Hee Seo, and Goo Jae Yee.

Spoilers

“Mistress” tells the story of four female friends in their 30s, each with their own secrets, who become involved in a series of murders when one of them gets a call related to her husband’s mysterious death.

As the hair-raising mystery plot has inevitably changed our four female leads, here’s a quick look at their character development over the past few weeks:

Stronger Se Yeon

mistress-han-ga-in.jpg

Gone is the woman who handed over her life insurance at the news that her husband was being held hostage. Se Yeon (Han Ga In) has become a stronger, more independent woman, motivated by her fiercely protective love for her daughter – and the knowledge of what her husband did to her. Whether she will be able to use her new strength to get herself out of the tangle of insurance fraud she has found herself in remains to be seen.

more

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/02/characters-ocns-mistress-changed-time/

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, philosophie said:

At this point murder would be too light of a punishment for YD. the horrible things he’s done to everyone around him is astonishing yet also absolutely revolting

Before everything was revealed, I was actually hoping that YD was innocent because SH was annoying me so much. Ughhhh, I actually believed YD's story when SY went to see him. I also hate JS too. She really crossed the line when she poisoned YR, like are you that desperate to try and poison a toddler for money??????

@philosphie @maplinh I have sooo many questions, I haven't watched subbed ep 10 just raw. Anyway whose kid it was? MG or DS? So they never reconciled? I don't really understand JW behavior? I get it that she was pissed off at chef for 'using' the baby and right fully so , she should be, but why on earth was she soooo angry at him for cheating on her with jaehee when she did EXACTLY the same? 

Who was that mysterious lady at the end and that phone call eh? Also didn't yerin had leukaemia? Or was it just pesticide poisoning? 

So glad seunghoon is alive , I got goosebumps in the end haha. And aww seunho sending text to doctor  :wub:.

So in the end it was Jaehee's husband who killed her? Though I need to watch full subbed episode to understand some parts

5 hours ago, crazyyo said:

@philosphie @maplinh I have sooo many questions, I haven't watched subbed ep 10 just raw. Anyway whose kid it was? MG or DS? So they never reconciled? I don't really understand JW behavior? I get it that she was pissed off at chef for 'using' the baby and right fully so , she should be, but why on earth was she soooo angry at him for cheating on her with jaehee when she did EXACTLY the same? 

Who was that mysterious lady at the end and that phone call eh? Also didn't yerin had leukaemia? Or was it just pesticide poisoning? 

So glad seunghoon is alive , I got goosebumps in the end haha. And aww seunho sending text to doctor  :wub:.

So in the end it was Jaehee's husband who killed her? Though I need to watch full subbed episode to understand some parts

I haven’t seen the subbed 12th ep but It looks it DS’s kid in the final scene between DS and JW he gives her a bag of baby stuff. There’s so many unanswered as where is MG? He doesn’t seem like to the type to let JW raise it alone. Maybe she lied to him and said it wasn’t his. I’m literally dying bc I shipped them ughhhhh.

Looks like YR had both leukemia AND poisoning. 

I think they showed that lady at the end so it would kinda be open for season 2

7 hours ago, crazyyo said:

No idea who the kids baby daddy was but DS did repair the ripped results and gave it to her saying maybe the kid will want to know the father someday, he also gave some presents too so maybe it was his?

Im not sure why JW acted hypocritical but remember her husband ‘tormented’ her by playing the videos at home and playing dumb. When she found out about affair, she didn’t torture him with it. So it’s not exactly the same and I’m not really sure though why she wa in such a huff in the end though.

YR was supposed to have leukemia too but seeing as there was a one year time jump, maybe she was cured or something cause she certainly looked healthy. I am also curious who the mysterious lady is. Maybe it was the other mistress that sent the card ES and the son were trying to figure out who it belonged to? Cause we got answers about how JHs husbands mistress knew about TOs wife jealousy and affairs. But never about who wrote the letter sent to the teacher that didn’t belong to ES nor his wife. I am curious who she was and I would looooove a second season.

ES diagnosed JHs husband with some compulsive pathological liars disease where indeed he was really the killer but delusional and believed his own lies that it was her affair man that killed him. His mom and girl believe him but judge saw through it thankfully.

I guess in the end JH’s case and YD were the two separate plot lines but converged when the MIL was murdered by YD.

@maplinh I know right?! I wanted JW and Mg to end up together and for ES and the son as well. At least we got SH and SY...kinda?

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

No idea who the kids baby daddy was but DS did repair the ripped results and gave it to her saying maybe the kid will want to know the father someday, he also gave some presents too so maybe it was his?

Im not sure why JW acted hypocritical but remember her husband ‘tormented’ her by playing the videos at home and playing dumb. When she found out about affair, she didn’t torture him with it. So it’s not exactly the same and I’m not really sure though why she wa in such a huff in the end though.

YR was supposed to have leukemia too but seeing as there was a one year time jump, maybe she was cured or something cause she certainly looked healthy. I am also curious who the mysterious lady is. Maybe it was the other mistress that sent the card ES and the son were trying to figure out who it belonged to? Cause we got answers about how JHs husbands mistress knew about TOs wife jealousy and affairs. But never about who wrote the letter sent to the teacher that didn’t belong to ES nor his wife. I am curious who she was and I would looooove a second season.

ES diagnosed JHs husband with some compulsive pathological liars disease where indeed he was really the killer but delusional and believed his own lies that it was her affair man that killed him. His mom and girl believe him but judge saw through it thankfully.

I guess in the end JH’s case and YD were the two separate plot lines but converged when the MIL was murdered by YD.

@maplinh I know right?! I wanted JW and Mg to end up together and for ES and the son as well. At least we got SH and SY...kinda?

I want a second season as well but the ratings didn’t too well and Choi Hee Seo and Han Ga In are known actresses so I don’t know if they wanna come back or not. I’m not satisfied with that JW/MG ending bc writers low key did MG dirty. There is a chance for ES and the son bc he sent that text right? So there’s room for romance.

What a fun drama! I thought all the female characters were deliciously evil and badass in their own way and everything made sense so no complaints from me. Happy SH made it! Was cheering on JS because i can’t help but sympathize with women suffering from battered wife syndrom/victims of abuse so i am glad she came through in the end. 

and how could anything JW in response to her husband cheating on her for years, sexually assaulting her, ignoring her, objectifying her to merely a baby maker so he can make money off her child, etc. be morally equal and thus hypocritical? That’s like saying someone who uses force in self defense is morally equal to his/her violent attacker.

YR also didnt have leukemia, she had pneumonia. If it werent for the symptoms of the pesticide poisoning showing itself first, they wouldnt have discovered it on time to operate on her. JS inadvertently saved her in a way.

Someone tell me that Lee Ha Na's last min in ep 12 is a hint for season 2 or just they want to promote "Voice 2". This drama have bad ratings, so I don't have any hope for season 2.. but why..

Anyone know the bgm song in this scene, at 0:50 ?

20 minutes ago, salimatou123 said:

I hope for a season two

Me too chingu.

so guys, I have to put this out there cause I have been thinking about this. At the beginning in the first ep, there was that apple question posed to all the girls who gave a different answer. Now seeing the show and what happened before, what do you think their answers really meant? I feel like apple could be replaced with ‘significant other, husband, male, etc’ cause when SY says she’d get rid of the rotten one first, sounds like she’s talking about her husband.

im glad JS decided to stand up against that monster YD!! i was actually cheering when she whacked his head with a rock.. and another time to really kill him!! MUWAHAHAHA :lol: i really love the violence at this very point, KILL HIM!! oops.

JS looked so familiar.. just cant recall, then i remember her in 20th Century Boy & Girl !! the geeky lawyer friend of Han Ye Seul in that drama!!

so happy SH din die.. even though i din really like him that much.. then again, he was so horribly tortured.. it was a good ending!! :D

“Mistress” Director Talks About The Drama And Praises Han Ga In

Han-Ga-In-Han-Ji-Seung.jpg

Mistress” recently concluded its run with praise for its foray into actresses taking over a primarily male-dominated genre, as well as its exciting plots twists and stories. Director Han Ji Seung recently sat down for an interview where he talked about the drama as well as his praise for lead actress Han Ga In.

Spoilers ahead

The director first talked about the drama’s surprising ending, and shared that the production staff hadn’t told the actors the ending until the very end. He explained, “Because of the emotions [they had to portray] in the second half of the drama, we couldn’t tell them beforehand. We proceeded while only telling them the bare minimum. They were most curious about who had killed Kim Young Dae (played by Oh Jung Se).”

Han Ji Seung also talked about the four lead actresses and how close they had gotten over the course of the drama. He shared that they gave each other advice and even waited around for each others’ scenes to finish filming.

The drama was notably Han Ga In’s first drama comeback in six years. On the actress, the director had nothing but praise, as he commented, “She was like the big brother on site. She had a lot of leadership. She has an easygoing personality and is very active, so I was quite surprised. She prepared more than anyone and wasn’t afraid to throw her whole body into it.” He continued, “There was a scene where she had to dangle from the end of a rope. We were going to use a body double but she filmed it herself. She’s an actress with a lot of talent.”

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/12/mistress-director-talks-drama-praises-han-ga/

On 6.6.2018 at 5:51 AM, quockhanh45 said:

Someone tell me that Lee Ha Na's last min in ep 12 is a hint for season 2 or just they want to promote "Voice 2". This drama have bad ratings, so I don't have any hope for season 2.. but why..

Anyone know the bgm song in this scene, at 0:50 ?

It Could Be You - Hanclef (정중한) Feat. Elaine (일레인)

it's from the background music OST :) 

wow I love this drama! It was so frustrating watching the villains :grimace: 

who is the woman in the last episode? I saw some comments somewhere else they think she's Sang Hoon's ex-wife :huh: I was so happy when he showed up in the ending *tears of joy* that baby is cute lol those chubby cheeks!

Archived