[Drama 2018] Mistress 미스트리스

larus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow the creep factor in episode 2 went up from episode 1... And something odd I noticed in dramas, they hardly ever show them charging their phones :sweat_smile:

Episode 2 thoughts and questions:

Spoiler

- Sang Hoon is basically a stalker :/ And he is so forward with his intentions... During their dinner outing he sent both kids to play and then proceeded to call it a first date :/

- Se-Yeon was getting the anonymous calls from a chinese phone number with registered address in korea (?) but when she went to the place the person living there said he had been getting the phone bills for months and it wasn't his

- Its pretty funny because Hwayoung was so bad at her stalking job, she got found out so quickly...

- And I guess Eun Soo wasn't the one who wrote the card that the professor's son was carrying around... He actually used the note she wrote recommending another doctor/hospital for handwriting comparison. Also, I think the ㅎ character was written very oddly in the card, which was why he was trying to figure out who it came from.

And the questions also keep growing...

- Who is that creepy lady who opened the hair salon right next to Se-Yeon's cafe? And apparently somebody died in that shop... Why is she so interested in who is calling Se-Yeon?

- Did the body in the box (from 2 months later) disappear!? Whose body is that in the first place... I'm guessing its Tae-O because of the way the contact that called was just labelled as "Wife" which I think also showed up in ep 1 or 2... And who was the other body Se-Yeon and Eun Soo were dragging before they heard police sirens? Looked like a lady?

I think the story has hooked me enough to keep watching!

4 hours ago, samecut123 said:

Do we have an English subtitle for episode 1? Can't seem to find one.

Haven't seen any english subs or recaps so far... :( There are chinese subs out though, if anybody wants?

19 hours ago, samecut123 said:

Thank god viki got this. I thought we'll have no subs again.:D Are you one of the volunteers there?

@samecut123 Hi again! I'm glad you are able to access Viki. 

Spoiler

Yes, I am one of the volunteers on Viki, but I'm currently with other teams, and so did not join the Mistress team. Perhaps after the wrap of SITR - the drama and the team. I really like this drama. :tongue: 

I just finished episodes 1-2. The ties that bind them,. The pact.  It's like "Return" drama  girls version.. I should say women version. I'm okay with the acting. Nothing super wow but it''s not bad

I'm not sure who got killed. Who they killed. And did they really kill?  But they're trying to cover up the murder digging  grave in the middle of the night ( felt like Return dejavu). I wonder who's their counter part. If viewers didn't watch Return, probably confused with the question. But anyway....

Some basic gist  of the episodes

1. SY husband's  was murdered or had accident and they never recovered the body ( which means, he's likely not dead?) and could possibly be the unknown caller.  This is the intriguing part so far. 

2. ES, the psychiatrist had an affair with  a married man she was counseling and was the one  who was in the house when the guy died.  The son suspected it all long that the father had a mistress but he's trying to find out because as he said he's "going to kill her". He suspected it to be her but comparing the  penmanship it was someone else but he's trying to find that 'witness' who was there inside the house the night the  father died.. of course it was her, and she's scared. 

3. JW is the homeroom teacher who's like ditzy one. She's married to a famous chef but she's child and trying  ways with husband  to  get pregnant.  But sad news of the doctor. The hubby's sperm  reduction is the problem so matter who much they try,  she's unable to get preggers. I can understand the  the husband's reaction. He's so down and feeling that it's his fault  there is something wrong with him. He's mad. dejected and he becomes angry and cold to JW so much so, trying to flirt with a staff but JW is hurt with what she witness. Not being able to get pregnant due  something  wrong  to partner's condition is always  sensitive topic.But it's part of the side story for JW. Oh yeah I find her and MG ( the other teacher) funny and their personalities spark.  She's  gonna have steamy romp with him.. I see from the preview.  She was frustrated with what she saw with the hubby and the colleague. 

4. HW, I'm mostly confused about her side story. But her husband(?) is a divorce lawyer  and they have a client who thinks that the husband is cheating..  the suggestion to take evidence and spy came from her so she was doing so but  turned out she knew who the husband from way back. 

So who got killed? 

3 hours ago, jongski said:

So who got killed?

Thats the million dollar question right there. And when did the murder happen? Is it in the past before the current time this drama or in the future and hasn’t happened yet(if that makes sense)? JW mentions it all started with a candle (beginning of ep 1) and drops it on the floor before scene shifts to current time. Then in the end of ep 1, SY says they shouldn’t feel bad because he scammed them. What is going on? Is it possible the Chinese babysitter is the one sending unknown calls since it’s coming from China? As a revenge to her husband’s death she’s torturing SY with her own husband’s death?p

I think HW is just friends with benefits with her boss. But I think she has a history with the husband she is investigating cause he seemed to recognize her and say her name when she was hiding in the crowd of athletes to escape in hallway of hotel when he caught her. Then in car they said who’s a nice guy that acts like a thug in a marriage. Maybe HW was previously married to him and he was an abuser?

I love how...mature the first ep was. I always love me some steamy scenes and we defiantly got that, more than I even expected in a kdrama cause even tdramas (usually known for their not so tame scenes) havent been as risqué as this show was.

There is a solid chemistry I feel in the friendships between our four girls. My heart was ready for some sismance and girl power, so far I feel like we have definetly got that with their girl talks and secrets they share, the pact like bond that they have like @jongski mentioned, and so much more.

I was so excited for this drama I couldn’t wait like I usually do for airing episodes where I start the show after more than 4 episodes are out. But with this one I just had to see it and I wasn’t disappointed it the least. I am so excited to keep watching and I hope they keep up the edgy, risqué, and unconventional sisterhood between these powerful and amusing women.

3 Reasons To Get More Excited About What’s To Come In OCN’s “Mistress”

Mistress-1.jpg

OCN’s “Mistress” has been piquing the interest of viewers since it first began airing on April 28.

The drama is being hailed as a unique mystery thriller that follows four friends who used to live ordinary lives but are forced to cover up the truth when a murder and a dead body becomes involved. Here are three reasons why viewers should look forward to what comes next for “Mistress.”

1. Deepening anxiety and relatable characters

During the drama’s press conference, director Han Ji Seung spoke about the differences between OCN’s drama and the original BBC series and explained, “We’ve prepared stark differences between the four characters and their personalities. We think that as viewers watch our drama, they will be able to find someone who has similar problems to relate to,” and “At first, we focused on the anxiety that women in modern society feel. Now, we’re trying to expand beyond that and follow a story about overcoming the weight of life and realizing that we are not alone in the process.”

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/01/3-reasons-get-excited-whats-come-ocns-mistress/

Just wanted to pop in and say how A-MA-ZING Mistress is. The first episode got my interest and the second episode gave me goosebumps. Literal goosebumps! That ending scene where they were all running in slow motion was so intoxicatingly exciting. I can't wait for next week.

fotorcreated.jpg?w=840

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD, SUITS, MISTRESS

Mistress
Network: OCN
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
No. of Episodes: 12 episodes (60 mins)

First of all, this drama is not suitable for the young audience. So if you’re under the legal age, you might want to pick up Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and have a rewatch. Mistress revolves around the story of four women in their 30s and the series of murders they found themselves involved in. It’s based on the British series of the same name.

The biggest impression Mistress‘ pilot episode left me is that it’s a little too racy, especially for a Korean drama. No wonder this has got an R-19 rating. It’s got a lot of sex scenes which are depicted vividly and looks like there’s more to come. But I what I like about this drama are the characters who have different characteristics and different stories. We’ve only given snippets of their backgrounds but count me HOOKED. My only complaint is the director’s confusing use of flashbacks. I was really having a hard time figuring out which timeline came in first and then which came next. The last scene where we saw our girls trying to ‘clean up’ an apparent murder scene left me perplexed. I need to watch the second episode, I guess.

Verdict: I don’t know how faithful Mistress is to the original material, but it has all themes you would expect from a British drama, namely sex and violence. If you’re in for some mystery and thriller, then this one could be perfect for you. Just to make sure you don’t watch this in a public space.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/05/03/first-impressions-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-suits-mistress/

"Mystery + thriller deepens"

32729_90105_2234.jpeg

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=32729

First Impressions: “Mistress” Is Fresh, Fast, Sexy Fun

mistress-11.jpg

Mistress is as sexy as its British counterpart is known to be, not just on the relationship front, but also in the way that the witty dialogue is stitched together along with the framework of each woman’s individual tales and their joint stories that converge over a bloody murder. The four women — all friends — with their complex love lives and problems and the risqué scenes, definitely break the usual K-drama mold of pristine innocence and shape the drama to be something more like its Western counterpart.

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/02/first-impressions-mistress-sizzles-premiere/

Seems like Knets are not satisfied with the drama :wacko:

---

[SPOILERS] MISTRESS (PILOT) + RATING

/ 4:55 PM
Spoiler

0002781109_001_20180429100110492.jpg

1.png

Naver - Isplus Joins: 'Mistress' who was lacking reached 2%...The mystery of Han Ga In who comeback after 6 years

1.[+251, -64] I find it fun. As expected, Han Ga In is pretty and she is also good at acting

2.[+120, -4] What does it lack exactly? 

3.[+71, -8] So what? why aren't you talking?

4.[+61, -6] Han Ga In = Han Hye Jin-->> They consistently can't act

5.[+63, -18] If you left your carrier for a while don't you need to do a project or two in a year? You can rest whenever you want...shot CFs instead....It's cheap~~ but what's with this acting~~ why don't you just retire~~ It becomes their hobby only when they crumble

6.[+36, -3] 2% is a little but i thought this drama won't even reach 2%

7.[+41, -13] What are you saying?? Han Ga In was always bad at acting??? Isn't normal to lose weight for making a comeback after a long time...Did OCN expected Han Ga In's acting to be at the level of 'Save Me's Seo Ye Ji?

8.[+29, -3] I don't think it was a good strategy to show the bed scenes, I was embarrassed and it felt dirty so I changed the channel

9.[+26, -3] Choi Hee Seo's acting...As expected being in movies and dramas are different 

10.[+23, -3] Seriously all the female leads are bad at acting...I was so looking forward to Choi Hee Seo but she was so awkward...

Spoiler

201804300959468651815_20180430100052_01_20180430100208712.jpg

1.png

Naver - heraldcorp: 'Mistress' reps "Look forward to Han Ga In x Shin Hyun Bin x Choi Hee Seo x Goo Jae Yee's chemistry"

1.[+279, -32] It's been a long time since Han Ga In has debut but her acting is still lacking ㅡㅡ

2.[+140, -8] It seems like everyone can't act so their chemistry match well. They are either short-tongued or mumbling...

3.[+78, -17] Choi Hee Seo's acting...

4.[+73, -21] It's not fun and Han Ga In is bad at acting ~

5.[+36, -6] Han Ga In's acting is not that good but she has unforgettable face. She is pretty but not naturally, she looks awkward when she smiles. She is the best when she is like a robot with no expressions 

6.[+28, -3] The content seems to be fun ㅠㅠ but everyone's acting...It's not that bad but...It's not that good either...Choi Hee Seo-ssi ㅠㅠ she is the best actress but her acting wasn't good enough ㅠㅜ maybe because it's a drama

7.[+24, -0] I will watch it for awhile...The female leads are all bad at acting! ugh~

8.[+16, -1] This is not a collector for bad acting...Who is the best at bad acting? It seemed to be a competition 

-cr-

can't stop laughing at that scene where the teacher reveals her bra in the parking lot :lol: and his reaction haha I'm shipping them together already!

is that English song in ep 1 beginning scene part of the ost? I can't seem to find it in google with those lyrics

“Mistress” Teases Viewers With 3 Clues To Hidden Identity Of Murder Victim

Mistress2.jpg

OCN’s new drama “Mistress” has offered three tantalizing clues to the identity of its mysterious murder victim!

im, which has remained a mystery thus far, will finally be revealed on the upcoming episode of the show. Ahead of the dramatic revelation on May 6, the drama has offered its viewers three key clues to help guide them in their sleuthing:

1. The victim’s cell phone and the incoming call from “Wife”

When faced with the dead body, Jang Se Yeon (played by Han Ga In) attempted to comfort her frightened friends by saying, “Let’s think of it this way. We’ve gathered here today to make kimchi. All we need to do is bury it well in the ground.” (Kimchi is traditionally buried in the ground in large pots during the process of fermentation.)

However, just as she had begun to allay their fears, the victim’s cell phone suddenly rang. When Jang Se Yeon took charge by removing the phone from the victim’s pocket, the four women were unnerved to see that the call was coming from a contact listed as “Wife.”

The moment led some viewers to wonder whether the murder victim might be Kang Tae Oh (played by Kim Min Soo), whose wife has been portrayed as deeply suspicious of his infidelity.

Read more

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/05/mistress-teases-viewers-3-clues-hidden-identity-murder-victim/

Archived