[Drama 2018] Mistress 미스트리스

larus

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Ga In Talks About Making Her Return With “Mistress,” Her 1st Television Drama In 6 Years

Han-Ga-In-XPN.jpg

On April 25, a press conference was held at the Yeongdeungpo Times Square in Seoul. Han Ga In, Shin Hyun Bin, Choi Hee Seo, Goo Jae Yee, Lee Hee Joon, Park Byung Eun, and producing director Han Ji Seung were in attendance.

“Mistress” is Han Ga In’s first drama since 2012 and her first time taking on a mystery thriller. It will tell the story of four women with dark secrets who get swept up in a murder case, and it’s a remake of “Mistresses” that aired on BBC in 2008 and ABC in 2013.

Han Ga In will portray the character Jung Se Yeon who became a single mother after her husband died in a mysterious accident. Amongst her friends, she’s known as a kind person who cares for others. She’s also strong-willed and hasn’t spent any of her husband’s life insurance money. She starts to believe that her husband might be alive after receiving phone calls from an unknown number and begins to have many concerns.

At the press event, Han Ga In revealed why she chose to appear in “Mistress.”

read  more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/25/han-ga-talks-making-return-1st-television-drama-6-years/

Cast Of “Mistress” Describes Their Drama, Close Friendship, Ratings Promise, And More

Mistress-XPN.jpg

“Mistress” is a mystery thriller and remake of the 2008 BBC original series “Mistresses.” It will explore the lives of four women, their complicated relationships with men, and their psychological anxiety as they experience upheaval due to a murder case.

On April 25, Han Ga In, Choi Hee Seo, Goo Jae Yee, and Shin Hyun Bin gathered to talk to viewers about their drama via V Live.

With three days left until the premiere, Han Ga In commented, “I usually get nervous before the premiere, so I’m more nervous.” “Mistress” is Han Ga In’s first drama in six years after she last appeared in MBC’s “The Moon Embracing the Sun.”

She continued, “These days, filming is so fun. I feel like I’m in a different world. At home, I usually take care of my child and do housework. I’m experiencing new technology and filming on V Live. I don’t know newly coined words.”

The four actresses revealed that they became close while filming their drama. Goo Jae Yee said, “We have similar interests and communicate well, so we talk a lot on set. We appear as friends from high school in the drama, so it really feels like we’re friends from high school.”

Han Ga In added, “When we’re happily chatting and a staff member says, ‘We’ll start shooting now,’ we say, ‘Aww, why?'”

When asked what the four actresses talk about, they replied, “We talk about ordinary things that women talk about when they get together. We talk about food, clothes, and also about men. We also talk about filming.”

More https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/25/cast-mistress-describes-drama-close-friendship-ratings-promise/

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Han Ga In’s Performance In “Mistress”

Han-Ga-In6.jpg

With the premiere just around the corner, expectations are high for OCN’s “Mistress.”

A remake of BBC’s popular television series “Mistresses,” the upcoming drama is a mystery thriller that centers around four women. The story unfolds as an everyday cafe owner, a psychiatrist, a teacher, and an office manager unexpectedly get caught up in a series of murders.

Not only does “Mistress” deal with an unusual topic, it’s also Han Ga In’s first return to television dramas in six years. In the drama, she plays the role of Jang Se Yeon, who believes her husband is still alive due to a string of mysterious events that happen around her. Here are three reasons why people are excited about Han Ga In’s comeback through “Mistress.”

1. Han Ga In’s passion for her role

Even for Han Ga In who enjoys watching thrillers and mysteries, the script of “Mistress” was compelling and original. She even said that every time she read a new script, she got chills.

Han Ga In revealed that she has been putting in careful effort to fully embody Jang Se Yeon who lives only with her daughter after her husband left. “I tried to understand her by writing diaries from Se Yeon’s point of view,” she said. “I imagined how she felt like while writing down the in-between parts that aren’t in the scripts.”

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/27/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-han-ga-in-on-mistress/

“Mistress” Cast Shares Why They Think Viewers Will Find The Drama Addictive

Mistress4.jpg

The four stars of OCN’s “Mistress” have revealed what they think is most exciting about the upcoming drama!

“Mistress,” a remake of the popular BBC series “Mistresses,” is a mystery thriller about the entwined fates of four women harboring dark secrets who get caught up in a murder case. Ahead of the drama’s premiere on April 28, leading ladies Han Ga In, Shin Hyun Bin, Choi Hee Seo, and Goo Jae Yee chose the aspects of the show that they thought viewers would find most intriguing.

Han Ga In, who is taking on the thriller genre for the first time since her debut, promised that viewers could look forward to “fast-paced plot development and an exciting storyline that will unfold quickly.” She added, “As soon as the first episode begins, [viewers] are likely to find themselves hooked immediately, and they’ll become immersed [in the drama] as they watch.”

Shin Hyun Bin teasingly asked, “Who killed whom, and why? After watching the first episode, I think viewers will be able to enjoy watching [the drama] until the very end.” She went on to explain, “It’s impossible to figure out who the culprit is, and the suspect who appears most likely [to have committed the crime] changes with each episode. I think [viewers] will enjoy it a lot if they focus on that aspect of the drama while watching.”

Mistress-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/27/mistress-cast-shares-think-viewers-will-find-drama-addictive/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Mistress, 미스트리스 - Han Ga In, Goo Jae I, Lee Hee Joon - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 PM KST - Premiers TONIGHT

Watched the show live! Did not understand all that much of it but I really can't wait for the backstories of all the different characters to unveil.

Spoiler

Are they trying to cover up the death of a person?

It also looks like Hwayoung and Jungwon aren't aware that Eunsoo and their professor (?) were involved...

So I watched the live broadcast  did not understand a single dialogue but if I were to guess who has been calling mysteriously, it would be   Chan Sun Ho? (Jung Ga Ram character) The one with the jacket and hoodie talking to the psychiatrist.  Showed  that slight sly smirk. He's the son of the lover of one of the mistress.  His father's death is suspicious.

5 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

I wonder if this drama has rated 18? since there have some scenes quite appropriate lol :sweatingbullets:

I guess it is rated 19. saw 19 pop up on youtube videos :) 

1 hour ago, jongski said:

I don't know anything about the UK series nor am I familiar with the actors here but I like it.  I'm intrigued

I saw both UK and US versions when I heard that OCN want to remake it. From what I saw in the teasers before the airing, the current version has a different vibe. They OCNed it. :lol: They included more mystery, I guess. But there are similarities.

I will watch when there are subltiles available.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mistress, 미스트리스 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 PM KST

Hello everyone :) 

12 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

I wonder if this drama has rated 18? since there have some scenes quite appropriate lol :sweatingbullets:

It's rated for 19 and above, just like the recently completed Misty was. Perhaps like Misty, this 19 and above rating may be lowered later.

t77Zgdc.png

I'm already hooked at Ep 1. LOL. But with a sassy + suspenseful plot, it's Jjang!.I doubt it will follow the BBC or US version entirely. I hope it won't. I hope it will take the "Mother' route and tweak it for more suspense and unpredictability..

Can't wait for more! And, welcome back, Han Ga In. 

New OCN Drama “Mistress” Makes A Solid Premiere

Mistress5.jpg

OCN’s new weekend drama “Mistress” is off to a strong start!

“Mistress,” a remake of the popular BBC series “Mistresses,” is a mystery thriller about the entwined fates of four women harboring dark secrets who all get caught up in a murder case. The drama also marks actress Han Ga In’s first drama in six years.

Nielsen Korea revealed that the premiere broadcast of “Mistress,” which aired on April 28, achieved 1.6 percent viewership, with an all-time high of 2.1 percent.

more

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/28/new-ocn-drama-mistress-makes-solid-premiere/

9 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

Mistress started quite low, we'll see how it goes for ep.2

That is not low for a station like OCN. They are not a major station like KBS or MBC so that figure is actually pretty great.

Archived