[Drama 2018] Mistress 미스트리스

larus

Loved the American mistress until one of them got with her sisters ex husband, it just didn’t make sense and the show was never the same after that. Never saw the Uk version but it sounds like the American version gone wrong lol

im always here for mature dramas. I’m going to wait till ep 3 and 4 are subbed so I can bing watch all four ! However from the little clips I’ve seen on IG this drama is defiantly not for the prudes lol

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, AlexandraReid said:

5.[+63, -18] If you left your carrier for a while don't you need to do a project or two in a year? You can rest whenever you want...shot CFs instead....It's cheap~~ but what's with this acting~~ why don't you just retire~~ It becomes their hobby only when they crumble

[+29, -3] I don't think it was a good strategy to show the bed scenes, I was embarrassed and it felt dirty so I changed the channel

[+23, -3] Seriously all the female leads are bad at acting...I was so looking forward to Choi Hee Seo but she was so awkward...

.[+279, -32] It's been a long time since Han Ga In has debut but her acting is still lacking ㅡㅡ

2.[+140, -8] It seems like everyone can't act so their chemistry match well. They are either short-tongued or mumbling...

3.[+78, -17] Choi Hee Seo's acting...

4.[+73, -21] It's not fun and Han Ga In is bad at acting ~

5.[+36, -6] Han Ga In's acting is not that good but she has unforgettable face. She is pretty but not naturally, she looks awkward when she smiles. She is the best when she is like a robot with no expressions 

6.[+28, -3] The content seems to be fun ㅠㅠ but everyone's acting...It's not that bad but...It's not that good either...Choi Hee Seo-ssi ㅠㅠ she is the best actress but her acting wasn't good enough ㅠㅜ maybe because it's a drama

7.[+24, -0] I will watch it for awhile...The female leads are all bad at acting! ugh~

8.[+16, -1] This is not a collector for bad acting...Who is the best at bad acting? It seemed to be a competition 

My goodness these knetizens commenting aren’t just harsh but also bullies...i mean they are totally entitled to their opinion but when criticism just turns into full on insults, it disgusts me. I’m also surprised because personally I thought everyone acted good and even though the risque scenes are unconventional in a kdrama and a little bit taboo, people shouldn’t spread shaming the show and calling it dirty. I’m sorry it made you uncomfortable so go change the channel like you did. If it was so bad why did you make the effort to even go comment? It’s like they just want to perpetuate the same reasons why probably PD and writernims hesitate to put in steamy scenes.

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

My goodness these knetizens commenting aren’t just harsh but also bullies...i mean they are totally entitled to their opinion but when criticism just turns into full on insults, it disgusts me. I’m also surprised because personally I thought everyone acted good and even though the risque scenes are unconventional in a kdrama and a little bit taboo, people shouldn’t spread shaming the show and calling it dirty. I’m sorry it made you uncomfortable so go change the channel like you did. If it was so bad why did you make the effort to even go comment? It’s like they just want to perpetuate the same reasons why probably PD and writernims hesitate to put in steamy scenes.

I kinda agreed with you, i can tell by watching the latest ep in OCN, that the original vers have a few of steamy scenes compare to KR vers. and I'm bit surprised that knets cant even handles the drama, even though there has a lot of 19+ KR's dramas/movies.

Plus, since its rated +19, I don't think they could be watching it with their family at this rate lol :sweatingbullets:

Hey guys. I caught up even though it hasn’t been subbed yet by reading the recaps on https://www.bah-doo.com/?s=Mistress and watching raws together. I like that we’re getting a lot more answers now, but it’s giving mew new questions too. I don’t want to spoil it if no one has seen it yet but if you have caught up too, let me know and I’ll put a spoiler tag with all my inquiries. Now that everything’s starting to come together, there’s a lot more I’m confused about too and I’d love some clarification or predictions to help my understanding.

21 hours ago, philosophie said:

This show is so good. For once the subs came out earlier than expected. I wish this discussion was more active because this show will soon end and there’s so much I want to discuss about.

Argh I know right? I mean this is such an amazing drama and there's so much to talk about and it's quite sad this thread is not active , no one's solving puzzles. I started 3-4 dramas but put them on break since I m bit busy these days but I kept watching this one because it's so amazing. So glad viki team sped up their subbing speed lol thank you.

Lol tbh I don't even know where to start. So it's clear kim young dae is behind all this? Who killed the teacher? Was it really yoon jung? Or was it cha sun ho's mom? I still have doubts lol. And lol does cha sun ho has a crush on eunsoo? 

5 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Argh I know right? I mean this is such an amazing drama and there's so much to talk about and it's quite sad this thread is not active , no one's solving puzzles. I started 3-4 dramas but put them on break since I m bit busy these days but I kept watching this one because it's so amazing. So glad viki team sped up their subbing speed lol thank you.

Lol tbh I don't even know where to start. So it's clear kim young dae is behind all this? Who killed the teacher? Was it really yoon jung? Or was it cha sun ho's mom? I still have doubts lol. And lol does cha sun ho has a crush on eunsoo? 

I think Kim young dae isn’t behind the candle shop owner, JHs death. I am totally theorizing here, but I think YD was blackmailing the chef husband who was having an affair with JH and then the chef killed JH or YD was an accomplice. I also think SH def has a crush in ES and maybe already knows she had an affair with his dad.

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

I think Kim young dae isn’t behind the candle shop owner, JHs death. I am totally theorizing here, but I think YD was blackmailing the chef husband who was having an affair with JH and then the chef killed JH or YD was an accomplice. I also think SH def has a crush in ES and maybe already knows she had an affair with his dad.

Then why did YD kill JH's mother in law? There is something definitely wrong with the chef as well, may be he did kill JH but again why did YD kill JH mother in law? And lmao did Sang hoon put YD finger prints on dryer for no reason lol because he actually did kill her. 

I think he knows ES had an affair with his father (and still likes her anyway? Weird. What's more weird is that I kind of ship them haha) I realllly don't think he was sleeping in the car when HY and ES were talking about the candle and sending it to your lover part. 

So what's the role of kang tae ho here? I m sure he has a part in all this? Or may be is just being used in this whole scenario somehow (since he is shown as tha good simple guy) 

7 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Then why did YD kill JH's mother in law? There is something definitely wrong with the chef as well, may be he did kill JH but again why did YD kill JH mother in law? And lmao did Sang hoon put YD finger prints on dryer for no reason lol because he actually did kill her. 

I think he knows ES had an affair with his father (and still likes her anyway? Weird. What's more weird is that I kind of ship them haha) I realllly don't think he was sleeping in the car when HY and ES were talking about the candle and sending it to your lover part. 

So what's the role of kang tae ho here? I m sure he has a part in all this? Or may be is just being used in this whole scenario somehow (since he is shown as tha good simple guy) 

Great question. Now maybe YD and DS(chef husband) have an agreement of some kind where he paid YD to take care of the MIL cause she was snooping around and posing a problem to both of them-JW(chefs teacher wife) finding out about an affair and YD being proven alive aka bye bye insurances money. 

Now I’m totally going on a limb here, but i think it was SHs mom that Killed the college teacher. Or maybe it was TH and his wife (supposedly their classmate) was the one who wrote that card ES and SH we’re trying to find out who wrote the card. Btw I totally ship them too. When he leaned in that time to get something, I was totally wanting them to kiss. And I feel like ES has not so platonic feelings for him too.

how does this all connect? Maybe all the husbands were accomplices all along and this isn’t a one-mans job. Or all these cases are seperate but we’ve been led on to think they are linked. So basically JH drama is related ro JW and her husband, YD drama with SY etc. But probably not since the beginning SY said ‘he deceived all of us.’ So looks like all in all these things are all connected. Just that there are more layers to peel back. 

who is that body? YD? SH/TH(both had lotto tickets)? DS? 

14 hours ago, philosophie said:

Great question. Now maybe YD and DS(chef husband) have an agreement of some kind where he paid YD to take care of the MIL cause she was snooping around and posing a problem to both of them-JW(chefs teacher wife) finding out about an affair and YD being proven alive aka bye bye insurances money. 

Now I’m totally going on a limb here, but i think it was SHs mom that Killed the college teacher. Or maybe it was TH and his wife (supposedly their classmate) was the one who wrote that card ES and SH we’re trying to find out who wrote the card. Btw I totally ship them too. When he leaned in that time to get something, I was totally wanting them to kiss. And I feel like ES has not so platonic feelings for him too.

how does this all connect? Maybe all the husbands were accomplices all along and this isn’t a one-mans job. Or all these cases are seperate but we’ve been led on to think they are linked. So basically JH drama is related ro JW and her husband, YD drama with SY etc. But probably not since the beginning SY said ‘he deceived all of us.’ So looks like all in all these things are all connected. Just that there are more layers to peel back. 

who is that body? YD? SH/TH(both had lotto tickets)? DS? 

Quite possible , since YD is all about money money. 

I m not fully convinced that it was not SH mom who killed her husband (she tried super hard to stop them from solving this case, why she lied that she is going to NY when in reality she came to korea?) . May be three women went in that house that night, SH mom, JH mom in law for the candle and ES. I think there is a lot more to TH , it is possible that he is taking a revenge on HY for cheating on him? 

Lol so glad I wasn't the only one. Was kind of disappointed that he won't come out much now since they have supposedly solved the case but I think (making a very strange statment here lol) him or min gyu (that teacher) were the one who threw the rock at polic officers car at the start of 3rd episode when the girls were in danger of getting caught, they only showed silhouette of a running person.

I think all of these cases are connected. I was surprised why the name is mistress turns out they all are mistresses? Eunsoo is the mistress of that teacher , HY is the mistress of Taeho , SY is the mistress of YD, how is jungwon a mistress I think that would be revealed later.

My guess is YD. A wife calling means either it was YD , or Tae ho. But YD is the one who was murdered since they showed his wife calling police in episode 8. I hope tomorrow's episode will be subbed soon. 

15 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Quite possible , since YD is all about money money. 

I m not fully convinced that it was not SH mom who killed her husband (she tried super hard to stop them from solving this case, why she lied that she is going to NY when in reality she came to korea?) . May be three women went in that house that night, SH mom, JH mom in law for the candle and ES. I think there is a lot more to TH , it is possible that he is taking a revenge on HY for cheating on him? 

Lol so glad I wasn't the only one. Was kind of disappointed that he won't come out much now since they have supposedly solved the case but I think (making a very strange statment here lol) him or min gyu (that teacher) were the one who threw the rock at polic officers car at the start of 3rd episode when the girls were in danger of getting caught, they only showed silhouette of a running person.

I think all of these cases are connected. I was surprised why the name is mistress turns out they all are mistresses? Eunsoo is the mistress of that teacher , HY is the mistress of Taeho , SY is the mistress of YD, how is jungwon a mistress I think that would be revealed later.

My guess is YD. A wife calling means either it was YD , or Tae ho. But YD is the one who was murdered since they showed his wife calling police in episode 8. I hope tomorrow's episode will be subbed soon. 

So I can totally seeing it be in that order you suggested. SHs mom shows up first and uses the candle to kill him, but leaves it there. JHs mom walks in on murder scene but just takes candle cause that’s what she really came for, and leaves. Then ES shows up, cleans up her tracks of the affair and leaves as well. Now this begs the question, who wrote that card the teacher had? We haven’t met THs wife yet and part of me feels like maybe she was the one who wrote the card and was the other mistress. Also I have to ask, so we find out the fake wife of TH wasn’t real. But then how did he know the ‘wife’ would give an underwear and stuff like that? Does it mean that TH does indeed have a jealously crazed wife who always thinks he’s cheating? That part got me a bit confused.

I think it could def be those two guys or even that JS (the Chinese wife) since we see her show up later on. We know she’s a little....mentally unstable (understatement of the year) so I could see her playing a trick on the girls by pretending to call the police but then starts laughing manically like she was just joking. Her being there though makes me think more and more that it was YDs body, along with the fact that we know the first time we saw that building was when SY found Yds hideout, so that’s even where he lives. So I totally am there with you that it is YD who was killed. 

I like your point about them all being mistresses. Now I am curious how JW is a mistress. Also was MG hired by her husband to be with her? Like it was all a ploy to get her pregnant but it went wrong now that JW and MG are closer?

17 hours ago, philosophie said:

So I can totally seeing it be in that order you suggested. SHs mom shows up first and uses the candle to kill him, but leaves it there. JHs mom walks in on murder scene but just takes candle cause that’s what she really came for, and leaves. Then ES shows up, cleans up her tracks of the affair and leaves as well. Now this begs the question, who wrote that card the teacher had? We haven’t met THs wife yet and part of me feels like maybe she was the one who wrote the card and was the other mistress. Also I have to ask, so we find out the fake wife of TH wasn’t real. But then how did he know the ‘wife’ would give an underwear and stuff like that? Does it mean that TH does indeed have a jealously crazed wife who always thinks he’s cheating? That part got me a bit confused.

I think it could def be those two guys or even that JS (the Chinese wife) since we see her show up later on. We know she’s a little....mentally unstable (understatement of the year) so I could see her playing a trick on the girls by pretending to call the police but then starts laughing manically like she was just joking. Her being there though makes me think more and more that it was YDs body, along with the fact that we know the first time we saw that building was when SY found Yds hideout, so that’s even where he lives. So I totally am there with you that it is YD who was killed. 

I like your point about them all being mistresses. Now I am curious how JW is a mistress. Also was MG hired by her husband to be with her? Like it was all a ploy to get her pregnant but it went wrong now that JW and MG are closer?

This part is very confusing I totally agree. Even if he has a wife who thinks he is cheating on her , the fact that he knew about the underwear part is weird. May be he is on that fake wife's side? But what's the motive behind?

That is an interesting perspective about mingyu hired by husband especially since he is temporary at school. The husband is so weird though, he needs a baby just for the show??? Argh.

One more thing , is it clear that jaehee gave the letter to their teacher? 

Archived