[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

28 minutes ago, yusefull said:

I kind of am at a point where I wish someone would punch MH in the face.

This. I'm just watching the clips right now.. and I'm at that point too. I feel like a punch or three in the face will be good for him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously the vids are all over the place 

Sweet scene

bTs !!!

Edit : I swear Lee Yu Bi has a crush on oppa LJH !  She’s completely giggly with him 

2 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

This. I'm just watching the clips right now.. and I'm at that point too. I feel like a punch or three in the face will be good for him.

At least BY giving him a good slap.

I'm glad we have Nam Woo and Dr. Park tonight. They both looks so lost LMAO their scenes are the funniest thing tonight :joy: I'm glad I still can have a laugh tonight despite seeing Min Ho's childishness. I almost want to kill that guy..lol sorry not sorry

Thanks for those who explains about the preview. I thought Bo Young did something stupid. If it's about her career, I'm okay about it as long as our OTP is fine. No break up because I'm tired of it :sweat_smile:

Next week is our last week OH NOOOO :bawling:

@gracebkk I saw tvN gives nicknames "WooYe couple" for them in BTS

Thanks @triplem for the clips and yes the BTS !  still not knowing what they say ,  i can only smile like a papo  in front of the screen .

Those Dr Ye looks so loving  in those sweet scene , as if really in love so so so much to BY . i come to understand that why writer wanna make MH like a jerk today ,  firstly, he is bold to tell Dr Ye that he will not acknowledge BY n Him is in relationship , and said that he likes BY ,  it makes Dr Ye in surprised and also lead to the end scene where he seems have some thought on their relationship ? will he intend to announce to the workers? or he realised that how much he loves her that he wont let her go ?

Secondly, MH need to be in that slump then he realised his behavior n his reaction is hurting BY who he treasured as friend . Just like a kid who make big tantrum then after cooling down  he will realise  what he did is not right

Can't wait for the sub ..

and the 1 min preview seems not found anywhere ..?

Thanks @triplem For the goodies. 

The BTS was cute. I loved how the actor for JW was cute and how Lee Yoobi was like, ok Oppa you are acting a bit too cute/out of character. Just the way of saying things, he was adorbs and the way he was smiling.  :wub: I would be flirty and laughing like Lee Yoobi too. Lucky gal!

It was fun how everyone was giving their fave rest stop snack tips. From the actor who plays MH showing his fave ways to eat (was it hot dog on a stick?) putting his fave condiments. MC and SW actors like the potatoes with the sweet glaze on it. I am not sure what the actress who plays YJ likes but she admits she REALLY REALLY loves the snack she mentioned. 

The BTS clip ends with hoping the viewers try out the food suggestions is the jist I got from watching it.

OST 14 for the sweet scene ..  and the OST 13 for today ending scene is so nice

sometimes i also take the OST as hint for coming episode ..  if its a sweet song  meaning is just happy episode ?

Being anxious Yeliner .. cant stop myself thinking too much till the end  when all are set.

come to think of it , next week is the final episode .. :(

6 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Thanks @triplem For the goodies. 

The BTS was cute. I loved how the actor for JW was cute and how Lee Yoobi was like, ok Oppa you are acting a bit too cute/out of character. Just the way of saying things, he was adorbs and the way he was smiling. I would be flirty and laughing like Lee Yoobi took. Lucky gal!

It was fun how everyone was giving their fave rest stop snack tips. From the actor who plays MH showing his fave ways to eat (was it hot dog on a stick?) putting his fave condiments. MC and SW actors like the potatoes with the sweet glaze on it. I am not sure what the actress who plays YJ likes but she admits she REALLY REALLY loves the snack she mentioned. 

The BTS clip ends with hoping the viewers try out the food suggestions is the jist I got from watching it.

i thought LJH is too immersed into acting as Dr Ye even it is not filming ( the way he talks and asking question) ,  LYB can't take it and got to leave  haha

Yes , the bts is so much relax to watch.. also that day they were having bd celebration with Dr Kim right ? ( the one from LYB insta live)

Like everyone else, I dont wish for BY to get a fulltime position due to a guy pulling some strings, be it JW or MH. BY deserves to be appreciated for the hardwork that she puts in her profession. And if her current hospital doesnt see it, then  I think its time that she leave and look for another employment.

Im quite eager to know how the writer will tackle and end BY's neverending struggle with acquiring a fulltime post. She has defitely weaved a heroine story that is quite relatable--do we pursue our life passion or practicality? The working class can definitely relate, that simply graduating from college and getting a job arent enough. BY is depicting a character who went from hesitantly pursuing something over what she loves due to practicality, to finding her niche in life. She's clearly on her way to reconciling the fact that loving poetry or becoming a poet is still possible, and that having more than one passion in life is highly probable if you play with your cards right. 

I cant wait to see our OTP have their relationship out in the open. 

NO NO :bawling::cold_sweat: mihno , i want a happy end for him, even if he's not with BY.  

Despite everything, I loved that the writers do not leave him aside when BY AND JW go together, and show what minho resent, so yes, I agree that it behaves badly but it will make him good and grow up.

I was afraid that the writers would not show minho  a lot while  now  that BY and JW are in couple . Once again, minho  has a lot of screen time, he deserves it.:blush:

i saw this rough translation of the preview in the comment section of the YT link

Intern: Whoever is Dr Ye's girlfriend must be really happy, having such a capable boyfriend

NW: Then now you guys aren't even friends? (referring to MH and BY)

MH: Sigh, I've got to apologise, at least then our friendship can be salvaged

MH: Cry Baby BY, I'm sincerely sorry, please forgive me

BY: We fought as if we weren't going to see each other again, I guess I must be really that comfortable with you

MH: Can you really be happy? When you're in love, when you like someone, shouldn't you be able to show everything? Like how you are with me 

@jellybing2009 you can find the 1 minute preview at the end of episode 14. So you can go to daily*otion (can i say this name out loud) or anywhere else that has the raw and fast forward to the last minute to see the preview :) 

edit:

ooo!!! i want to see JW being the one that admits to the entire staff that he's dating BY!!! That'd be different from his usual character (since he usually tells everyone to back off)! :) And yes!!! He should definitely make a move after hearing MH's declaration!! I do hope that JW knows about the bracelet though... so he can replace it with another one and give it to BY! Or if MH can retrieve it and give it back to BY, then that'd be good too!! But i think he does right? Since he was holding it in ep 14's preview. Did that happen in the drama?

@triplem thanks for sharing the rough translation with us. I agree with MH's statement. If you're in love with someone, you should be able to show everything.. But this only happens once you're "out" of that honeymoon stage, and our WooYe couple is definitely not there yet. It's to be expected since MH & BY knew each other since university and they had the same group of friends, while JW & BY are just starting to really get to know each other..  So I'm pretty sure they'll reach their comfortable stage sometime in the future, but I'm also sure that they'll be comfortable yet respectful of each other when they reach that stage (since that's what mature couples always do according to my observation i've seen in life so far). :) 

Hopefully I can see it when that happens, but even if i don't get to see it, i'm not worried about their future as a couple anymore. :) 6 more days until episode 15!!! It's the last 2 episodes already!! T.T What should I watch after this?!?! T.T

I dont agree with MH implying that JW and BY are in some sort of secret relationship because they're uncomfortable with each other. Because these two lovelies are the definition of comfort. I honestly dont think that all couples have to reveal their relationship to everyone else. Whatever makes them feel confortable and happy is what matters, right? 

And MH, what does BY have to show to tell you thay she's in love with JW? You've just seen them perfectly okay just hugging each other in comfort and bringing smiles towards each other. You were not privy to their kisses, the confession, and how both of them are so considerate of one another. I really hope that BY gets him off his high horse and tell him that she and JW doesnr owe him any explanation. 

His perception of things is so clouded by jealousy right now, that I think his line of questioning still smacks a challenging undertone. 

7 hours ago, yusefull said:

He did it unconsciouly and didn't even realise he was doing it. It's a bad thing and everybody would realise it but for him it's normal so he doesn't even realise it. And she did it because she found his story sad. She would have done it for someone else (and she did until JW saw it).

First you accuse him to do something.. now you make it an unconscious thing.. this shows that the first time round you didn't pay attention and went ahead with your bias of his character. Your final opionion is upto you, you don't have to answer me but i just wanted to highlight the problem that i see with most of the MH bashing here on the forum.

Some people are legit with their reasons and i expect them.. the ones where i get confused..i reply.

You are again twisting the scenes.. why didn't she do it for NW or anyone else.. she didn't know about his story from the beginning.. she was infatuated (and maybe she has this underlying sense of being perceived as kind..) .. noone accuses MH to have used her..using and throwing someone is a bad deed.. someone would have called him out on that.. but that didn't happen.. infact he got ostracized as well.. when BY hit him on head.. and college labelled him as not a good person..

See that.. you have conveniently missed the immense good he has done in college.. i just wanted you to realize how much you are ignoring and not thinking through while defining his character. But again, your opinion is yours. If you choose to ignore MH's overall arc and interpret things focusing on a few snippets...not in its holistic sense.. its your choice.. you don't have to be convinced by anything

You mean when he make her fall twice ?

You mean the balloon and the on Ye's lap?

and you mean like BY who actually physically "hit" another person? and he did not retaliate.. or noone here judged her for that..

how will it feel if someone slaps someone else for something they didn't do.. i guess cute because BY did it?

Ye's lap - i agree.. there was no need for that from MH's angle

balloon looked like kids playing around.. because that's how they have always been.. she falling here and there.. not elegant.. doing body gags all by herself.. it wasn't a mean step.. i can't see where you see meany him in there

In what way ? She does not only think about herself. She does her job well even after everyone make it harder on her (episode 1-3) and nobody recognise her hard work until JW came. It's hard for her (she got twice the amount of work as her colleague).

And she truly want to help people. She help the grandma and the cart, go get back the chicken that MH lost, ...

first everyone works hard

now hard work and smart work are different

she doesn't work hard because she is mother teresa wannabe.. she works hard because she wants the favour to be recommended for a full time job.. she is a weak character.. can't stand up for herself.. i think writer made that very clear.. be nice, be patient.. be in good books and hope for positive results

again helping elderly is a good thing.. if you look at the obvious you will only get to see the obvious..

BY's vanity is shown in when she gets complimented.. and when you have her monologues on why she did something..

1. Wanted to be nice the whole day by workin ghard because she wanted to show a good character to Ye (categorically keeps saying this the whole episode to MH)

2. Jumps to conclusion very quickly that she is the only one in this whole wide world who thinks for the benefit of her patients... everyone else is selfish (again this she has shown too many times)

3. When she does something, not once she thinks from another person's view as to how comfortable/uncomfortable they may feel.. she is quite selfish in that sense.. she does what she likes because she wantes to do it.. someone has to call it out to her to tell her whether they are or are not comfortable with her.. (be it proposal, wooing a guy, assuming a patient is going to get better all because of her because she alone motivated him to seek therapy.. and what not)

4. Family i always go back to.. but agree.. we don't have all the information.. but still he rbehavior is completly anti office BY

Where did he grow ? Tell me in what way he is better than in episode 1 ? Being nice to the girl you want to date instead of being mean is not growth. For him to grow, he must start to face his family and stop blaming other for everything.

Tell me in what way was he not better in episode 1?

He wasn't the one acting weird with BY.. she was..

He wasn't the one who talked about her.. someone else did.. and see she didn't bother to hit or scold that person in all sincerity.. and neither did she spare a thought on how wrong she was to MH by jumping to conclusions.. 

He was very very very nice to a girl who was mildly stalking him.. he wasn't even thinking of friendship.. forget date..

When did he blame his family for anything? Or whom did he blame? Hasn't he be taking all the blames without a word?

He is so perceptive of BY that he didn't realise that she was dating someone and that she didn't care for him more than a friend. The thing is that since he want to date her, he started to look at her and that's all. It's easy to understand BY if you look at her and that's all.

He was so perceptive to see that BY liked a guy and that guy seemed to like her.. he told BY that.. (Ye may not be entirely closed off)'

He was so perceptive that he was always there for her in her low times to give her a shoulder to cry on

i think you forgot.. she wasn't dating anyone.. and the guy had rejected her.. before MH went on leave.. the last time he saw her in cafe.. she was still not dating..c rying and ye hesitated to touch her... remember?

He was so perceptive, and will question BY the same thing rightfully, that BY is never herself around ye.. she is herself around him... with Ye she is always pretending and trying to be nice and mature... you have completely missed how deep MH's perception of BY is..

The worst is his reaction to NW in last episode. The guy is at the bottom and got truly hurt but he just think about his confession (only thinking about youself ? Isn't that narcisim ?). If it was a darker drama, I would be worried that the guy could kill himself.

hmm.. i gotta watched the subbed one for dialogues... but are you saying NW was depressed as he was in today's episode? and nobody bothered..not even the everykind BY :) 

if his sadness was being played as a joke i guess MH did more than anyone else.. Ye even let NW get hit despite seeing and observing him the entire day how out of it NW was? What are we comparing behaviors too? just saying MH is wrong.. and no comment on others?

The thing I remark is that instead of BY, it's MH who imagine things now. The difference is that we don't have a vision with him.

So, you are going to blame MH for envisioning things and leaving BY scottfree for the same?

I don't get the logic in that.. 

5 hours ago, screwdila said:

@enigmatic_zephy I think I am not the only one who finds him childhish. He used to constantly tell her "I told you not to like me" and then when he saw she ACTUALLY doesn't like him he showed her pics to Ye and told about her crying habit to him. Why? If this isnt childhish then what I should call it?

Everyone made fun of BY except YJW and Nam woo(I have never seen him making fun of her correct me if I am wrong) so that is the reason I wanted BY to be with YJW.

BY is also not perfect.She used to constantly dream about YJW but once she got rejected she stopped doing it and also confronted YJW when she thought he was rude to her patient and when she came to know the truth she immediately told him sorry. This is what I love about her she does mistakes and apologizes for it and she loves her patients alot + a hard worker.

I can see why will Minho react like that in ep 14 cause he will feel that he was uselessly thinking about BY and was hoping to confess to her. You can see when BY said that she confessed to YJW he was okay at that time but this time he thought that she is over YJW and he has the chance=He had high hopes so that is the reason he gets angry at BY cause they kept their relationship a secret and made that him into a fool. So I don't see where the writers ruined his character.

I dont dislike him but I am just saying he is childish.

I started liking JDY,he is too cute.

NW did worse to her :) both in college and in office by disclosing her personal life details.

See, my problem is not that you view him as childish or not.. but i just want people to be honest with themselves in terms of.. are they really considering that character's every action and entire arc, comparing others on same scale and then passing judgement after judgement on it? if you are convinced after that detailed analysis.. then why not you are entitled to your opinion.. but the way i see it.. 

people are hanging on a few incidents, ignoring in its holistic picture and then making him seem liike a real bad guy who has no perception capability and complete inability to show maturity.. he has done it more than every other character including BY 

as long as you judge him fairly i ahve no issues.. i never said he was never wrong at any given moment..

After rejection, BY did not stop dreaming about Ye.. she kept doing that..

And once rejected you obviously don't expect her to still keep cleaning ye's office and car..or do you? she continued this for weeks.. MH is here.. hasn't been half a day and you are putting them on the same platform calling BY sensible for coming around? guess what MH does it faster than her.. he apologized the very next day or shall i say night (preview)

on ep 14, i am waiting for the subs.. but based on a few words (i could be completely wrong).. i think he was angry that they are still hiding the relationship( more from the view that if you love a girl why are you not man enough to accept it in public.. and he is worried if Ye is serious about her)

But in addition to that, Yes there is definitely the jealousy, the anger of feeling betrayed, the hurt..

Finish ep 14 with mix feeling..annoyed with minho attitude, smile with JW BY lovely moment, and LOL because of NW and mr Park (they are hillarious in this ep :lol:)

This ep make me hate MH more and more, especially when he push the car doors and make BY fell, he didn't say sorry and just jealous to see JW, minho yaa minho yaa..i'am speechless.

Before i'am a little worried about our yeline because some comment here, but after i watch raw ver i think their love will get stronger especially JW love for BY, he will not let her go :heart:

Note: yesaem..you are so hot when play dodgeball :wub:

4 hours ago, bella1025 said:

@yusefull your observations are spot on. 

MH is a person who is selfless but only to an extent. He offers help to NW... like his cousin's apartment or a new croc shirt.. but when NW dissuades him, he easily lets it go. He has been friends with him sincr college but only ever sees him as someone who's trapped in past, when NW is so much more than that. NW clearly has flaws but he does display a certain amount of genuine concern for MH, even if he's not in the receiving end of it. BY was the one who suggested that they offer NW the hospital dorm, this inspite of being a contractual employee and possibly thinking that the idea could be turned down by the hospital. If you're a true friend, you'd see beyond your friend's pride and posturing.. and actually help even if they refuse to accept it. 

I ask this with all due respect @enigmatic_zephy, are you trying to imply that @screwdila's comment (about hoping for MH's growth and maturity) as unsolicited advice? if yes, then im a little confused. Arent we all here to discuss our opinions about the drama plot and characters? 

Please understand that there are some fans, like you, who view MH as emotionally mature, but there also those whose opinions differ from it. Simply hoping for another direction in character development wont affect the drama's progression anyway, and shouldnt be viewed imo as unsolicited advice. I apologize if I might have misunderstood your statement though. 

To the writer-director duo.. for randomly creating instances (out of character) driving audience to give unsolicited advice.. more so because most of the advices are coming from a non comprehensive and unfair analysis of MH.. 

I keep saying it .. as long as you got your scenes right.. compare apples to apples.. and then come up with your opinion.. it makes sense.. noone is stifling your voice here.. but then if people only wanted to think of things and not share.. they could keep it locked up in their brain right? and more so for writer-director duo because wen you break things down, things just got a bit random..but i think preview seems to address the underlying theme of being yourself

when you post you are expecting a two way interaction.. so there are going to be people who disagree.. either you learn to ignore it.. or you argue to find the various perspectives to slice and dice the analysis..

morality lessons will not do any good , would they? or calling out others to not respond?

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

MH was being rude to Ye because he thought it is not right to keep something a secret... and he is doubtful if this relationship is serious or not? ( not going to ignore that petty jealousy would also have its role in dictating his behavior)

Minho didn't know anything but act like he know everything..the one who suggest to keep it secret is BY because JW past, and JW clearly said to BY in ep 12 (correct me if i'am wrong) he's okay if everyone know about their relationship and he will follow which make her comfortable, they are respect and taking care of each other..

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

You are again twisting the scenes.. why didn't she do it for NW or anyone else.. she didn't know about his story from the beginning.. she was infatuated (and maybe she has this underlying sense of being perceived as kind..) .. noone accuses MH to have used her..using and throwing someone is a bad deed.. someone would have called him out on that.. but that didn't happen.. infact he got ostracized as well.. when BY hit him on head.. and college labelled him as not a good person..

It's in episode 3, she confront him about the other being mad that he doesn't do his job and he told her about his family and not wanting to come here and then she proposed to help him (it begin around 28:10 in the episode). Then he begin to play the sympatie card with her and go to a cyber cafe while she does his job. She did it for him because he is the only one who don't care about having another one do his job.

You mean the balloon and the on Ye's lap?

and you mean like BY who actually physically "hit" another person? and he did not retaliate.. or noone here judged her for that..

No I mean when he scare her when she was a little drunk at the end of episode 3 and she can't get up or when he scare her with the chicken (and today episode he hit her with the car door and she fall).

first everyone works hard

now hard work and smart work are different

she doesn't work hard because she is mother teresa wannabe.. she works hard because she wants the favour to be recommended for a full time job.. she is a weak character.. can't stand up for herself.. i think writer made that very clear.. be nice, be patient.. be in good books and hope for positive results

again helping elderly is a good thing.. if you look at the obvious you will only get to see the obvious..

BY's vanity is shown in when she gets complimented.. and when you have her monologues on why she did something..

1. Wanted to be nice the whole day by workin ghard because she wanted to show a good character to Ye (categorically keeps saying this the whole episode to MH)

2. Jumps to conclusion very quickly that she is the only one in this whole wide world who thinks for the benefit of her patients... everyone else is selfish (again this she has shown too many times)

3. When she does something, not once she thinks from another person's view as to how comfortable/uncomfortable they may feel.. she is quite selfish in that sense.. she does what she likes because she wantes to do it.. someone has to call it out to her to tell her whether they are or are not comfortable with her.. (be it proposal, wooing a guy, assuming a patient is going to get better all because of her because she alone motivated him to seek therapy.. and what not)

4. Family i always go back to.. but agree.. we don't have all the information.. but still he rbehavior is completly anti office BY

She got 12 patient and two other got 6 so she work twice as hard. Yes she suffer but it's the other two make her suffer. I never said she ddin't do it for her work but it's not like she can say anything in the world she is. Only someone with power like JW could. She mut have a job and the only way was to take it but it's the other two who make her work that hard.

1. Wanting to look good doesn't make you vain. She admire him and want to look up to him.

2. When ?.

3. It's people who tell her things. They told her about the Ye line, that the prince (or something) wanted to proposed to her.

Tell me in what way was he not better in episode 1?

He wasn't the one acting weird with BY.. she was..

He wasn't the one who talked about her.. someone else did.. and see she didn't bother to hit or scold that person in all sincerity.. and neither did she spare a thought on how wrong she was to MH by jumping to conclusions.. 

He was very very very nice to a girl who was mildly stalking him.. he wasn't even thinking of friendship.. forget date..

When did he blame his family for anything? Or whom did he blame? Hasn't he be taking all the blames without a word?

In what way he is different than in episode 1 ? Maybe some misunderstanding got cleared but he didn't change. He was "kinder" to BY just because he realise he was interested in her but before he realised he was mean and after he learned about her dating JW he became mean again.

He blame his family for forcing him to study that field and to that job (still episode 3).

He was so perceptive to see that BY liked a guy and that guy seemed to like her.. he told BY that.. (Ye may not be entirely closed off)'

He was so perceptive that he was always there for her in her low times to give her a shoulder to cry on

i think you forgot.. she wasn't dating anyone.. and the guy had rejected her.. before MH went on leave.. the last time he saw her in cafe.. she was still not dating..c rying and ye hesitated to touch her... remember?

He was so perceptive, and will question BY the same thing rightfully, that BY is never herself around ye.. she is herself around him... with Ye she is always pretending and trying to be nice and mature... you have completely missed how deep MH's perception of BY is..

Episode 13 is more than 2 weeks (at some point they tell us that two weeks passed). That mean that he was closed to her and didn't see it at all.

In front of MH she is clumsy and in front of JW she is strong and confident. Maybe she like that she is her better self in front(/a little because) of JW. I don't think the clumsy her is the true her and I think that the her with JW now is a happy one where she is more and more honest with herself and him.

hmm.. i gotta watched the subbed one for dialogues... but are you saying NW was depressed as he was in today's episode? and nobody bothered..not even the everykind BY :) 

if his sadness was being played as a joke i guess MH did more than anyone else.. Ye even let NW get hit despite seeing and observing him the entire day how out of it NW was? What are we comparing behaviors too? just saying MH is wrong.. and no comment on others?

Well after episode 12 where he found the girl he like and can't even try to go to her and his depressed about it, MH keep talking about confessing to BY and take NW to pratice.

I say it's more wrong for MH just because they are best friend who are living together. I personally don't think I am wrong for thinking that MH should care for NW than JW who is just a colleague or BY were they are barely friends.

So, you are going to blame MH for envisioning things and leaving BY scottfree for the same?

I don't remember NW getting hit and I don't remember seeing NW with someone else than MH in this episode.

I am not blaming him, I am just saying that for a while, BY stoped imagining things and it's MH who do it now without the vision.

P.S. : We must do shorter post. So hard to respond.

Archived