[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

The cake is so pretty. Looks like Ye-line is the end game.

Ok like we saw the media were asking YJW to do a demonstration and he suggested BY to do it with him,seems like she will not do it but dr.kim will do it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@screwdila Best news today :wub: . The cake & poster says it all

Hmmm is this some sort of contest , where people get to meet LJH?

For the Ye-liners ( aka fans of LJH) 

Spoiler

Just finished episode 14. I have no more words of understanding or sympathy for MH. He should be thankful BY wasn't written as vindictive, or I would've welcomed seeing him get push into that lake himself. 

I don't think that MH was just waiting for the right timing to confess to BY. With the exception of bike incident, I think that MH kept procrastinating because deep down he was really scared that he'll be rejected by BY. And when he finally sees the two together, he realized that he was endlessly preparing and worrying for nothing at all---BY's heart was and still is with JW and his timing wouldn't have mattered in the end. I get that everyone reacts a little differently to heartbreak, and I would've understood him lashing out at JW--probably, so long as it's not physically hurting him, but I can not understand how he can rudely treat BY... when she doesn't even comprehend what his deal is. She was so happy with JW's gift and for him to just throw it away like it didnt matter to her... just makes him a petty richard simmons. 

In the preview, BY refused the TV appearance. 

This is just a guess, but I think there's a good chance that she had to attend the job interview on the same day, hence the refusal. 

A bit disappointed that she forgave MH right away, but I guess she's just so soft-hearted that she can't bear being in conflict with someone for so long. I thought that the only way for MH to have been forgiven was not through his half-a*sed apology, but to actually retrieve that bracelet and return it to her. That.... would've expressed his sincerity and his wish to make amends IMO.

I'm not worried about the preview for Episode 15. The scene wherein she's in the hospital clearly looking like she's in deep thought.. and then looking at JW, was cleverly weaved through the whole conversation between her and MH. I cannot wait to hear BY's response to MH because my bet is she'll tell him that she's happy with JW and he with her, and that is all that matters really.        

@triplem OMG thanks for posting the actor reading his FAVE poem. I got the jist of it but his SMILE OMG.

I still haven't gotten to watched Ep 14. But got busy, after reading everyone's thoughts. I am not worried about Yeh Line.

As for MH and BY and JW, makes me sad that MH had to lash out at BY.  Though I am a YEH LINER, I don't want to see others hurt. But I got to watch the episode first. I admit after watching the clips, I was not too happy with MH.

Yes, he is hurt and upset seeing BY happy with JW and his dreams of getting together with BY are crushed. He lashed out at her ---saying if you want to keep it SECRET you shouldn't have been found out by me. (I would admit if I was BY, I agreed with her wondering why he was upset with her.) Ok he was there to pick her up when she was upset by JW's rejection. He was a good friend to her, of course liking her did not hurt too.  He is a person who will do his darnedest for the person he likes. Nothing wrong with that, we all are like that (generally I know I am ). But the difference on how you handle rejection is here what for me shows maturity or an idea of one's character. He inadvertently had BY fall when he opened the door but instead of helping her up stomped away. The throwing of the bracelet from JW, showed his jealousy and inability to be mature. (I doubt he confessed to BY and I cannot blame BY for not wanting to see MH ever again as a friend.) 

MH did  hurt a lot in this episode. But also anyone who has been rejected or felt their crush/person they liked not reciprocate feels that way. When BY was crying and drinking after JW rejected her--she was more hurt by that than missing the opportunity to be FT. But though I am a Yeh liner,  I hope he will sincerely be able reflect. Someone pointed out, MH does what he wants when he wants. I think everyone does. He is able to have free choice to decided to do what he wants. But I might not necessarily agree what he does--throwing away the bracelet in the pond, showing embarrassing pics of her to JW, taking a big bite of the food BY bought for JW at the rest stop to their MT sight,  to liking what he has done--very sweetly getting the hard to find book of poetry & lending his jacket and consoling her after the halmoni to taking her to the beach with the boys/treating them nicely to meal & fireworks.  When KM went to get his treatment, MH did say loudly that it was due to BY that he went. (Not knowing and BY too basking in the glow it was her concern and her doing, but actually JW she learned from KM.)

But his antics, just make me (guess my old age) I prefer maturity a bit more. I would rather be with someone like JW. I never liked the immature bad boys too much. I did like someone immature and it was a lot of heartache as my first love. He like MH could not articulate his feelings/communicate it well . He was sweet and had his moments. But he also did stuff that was frustrating and not nice too. So I much RATHER have someone like JW by my side. He is GOALS to me. Or keep on being single like I am now.

This episode clips just shows to me more how I like JW and BY are a good fit together. I need to watch it in full. 

Ok back to work for me. 

20 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Where is the cake picture? I don't see it. And I did click on the Instagram.

Here 

Spoiler

Spoiler

This was all served at the farewell party

EA3795F8-4A37-4B05-B6FF-A8EB41EAD90B.jpeg

@triplem You are the best! The cake, the drink cans, the banners so cute from the cast wrap up party. I cannot believe it is ending next week.

:heart:

OMG I am happy due to your love -------swoon! YESH.

DEF pysched and happy. 

I think them being thoughtful of each other, thinking of each other and the Video chat he wanted to see her face and joining the MT to have more time with her. Plus thoughtfully getting the bracelet she eyed but got for her, OMG. Just knowing they are there for each other to move forward and heal together . That friend/colleague from his old hospital was right. You need to move past your wounds to have a love with someone worthwhile and GRAB ON and not let her go. So glad he went all out after getting GM text about moving forward away from his scars/wounds. (Though he told him to mind his beeswax, he did later reflect on it.) 

i am not sure if ill make sense in below post and also i was planning to write is once APAD finishes but this thought is keep on running in my mind.

The name of the drama is You Who Forgot The Poetry and we get to see some very beautiful poems in this drama.

But i had this thought that what is Poems are just metaphor for Living Your Life as nicely and calmly as A Poem. As in our today’s day to day life we tend to forget living our life while doing everything that’s our job, duty or just responsibility.

What if this drama is to make us realize the true importance of:
1. our Health (BY’s senior),
2. Presence of our loved one (old man who lost his wife in accident),
3. True motivation and guidance (soccer player kid after accident),
4. Honesty (dae bang’s patient),
5. Our own emotions (Dr. Ye, as he was not at all in touch with his emotions),
6. Family ( MH has one dysfunction family)
7. Courage (BY was kind of lacking it at start when she used to accept all the work from her supervisors),

So while we see all the talks are abt poems but its actually about our lives and how it can be better we dont forget to Live it.

8722_0-80929000-1525887164_screenshot_20180508-220845-bpfbt.jpeg

2 hours ago, screwdila said:

The cake is so pretty. Looks like Ye-line is the end game

thanks for sharing... the cake and the can and the POSTER says it all. guess i can sleep in peace till next monday.

thanks for sharing.

TvN did a special edit for eps 12, one dedicated to Ye saem! Taken from their FB page 

This was an appreciation post for Ye saem’s smile . Or at least that’s what google translate says 

So sweet . I like this scene 

You’re welcome @Nodame

Honestly it will be very strange for both BY & JW to give up on each other . The build up to their relationship has been quite obvious since the first episode, when Ye made a 2 second appearance. He immediately stood out for me. You can see the slow but steady evolution of their relationship from superior- subordinate relationship to lovers over the episodes . 

Boyoung-ie, choose the sensible one. He may be boring.

Turn the sensible one into the one you can be comfortable with.

A person who respects you is the best partner. 

Ye-line always. Lolz. 

On 04/01/2018 at 1:36 PM, RPM said:

Jang Dong-yoon, the newcomer, joins the lead role for 'You who forgot poetry'.  ( Jang Dong yoon will play the second lead character Shin min ho....happy for Jang dong yoon but  I don't know gong myung decline the offer or still having another role in this drama )

source

Lee joon hyuk - Lee yoo bi - Jang dong yoon.....confirm for leads in drama

source

oho.. so shin minho is the second lead.. when you knew this.. why did you fall for him :)

8 hours ago, wayer said:

Boyoung-ie, choose the sensible one. He may be boring.

Turn the sensible one into the one you can be comfortable with.

A person who respects you is the best partner. 

Ye-line always. Lolz. 

lol.. if that's the logic shouldn't BY be admitted into a training school to learn to respect others and get over herself

16 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oho.. so shin minho is the second lead.. when you knew this.. why did you fall for him :)

it's ok. that just means Jang Dongyoon did that much of a great job portraying him, the writer did an amazing job in building his character & writing the script, and everyone else did that amazing of a job filming him!! ^^

23 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. if that's the logic shouldn't BY be admitted into a training school to learn to respect others and get over herself

I think she's kinda ok character. She may get ahead of herself quite many times but in the end she herself will realize her mistakes and did not fail to admitting to it. 

I always thought the drama title is directed to Minho. I think he can still have his romance chance in episode 15 and 16. We never know. Two young kids. They woulda and coulda choose each other.

Still Ye-line tho. His awkwardness keeps me loling. 

Happy to read this 

They won’t put such a big banner if they weren’t the end game right. Am a nervous  Ye liner 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, wayer said:

I think she's kinda ok character. She may get ahead of herself quite many times but in the end she herself will realize her mistakes and did not fail to admitting to it. 

But then that logic should apply to all characters.. but a lot of views are not doing that..

BY should get all concessions because she is female lead.. when someone else does it.. he is immature :) . .. that's just bias , not logical 

I always thought the drama title is directed to Minho. I think he can still have his romance chance in episode 15 and 16. We never know. Two young kids. They woulda and coulda choose each other.

Still Ye-line tho. His awkwardness keeps me loling. 

well.. at the end of the day.. mettle of the story will count.. so yeah let's see where is this going..

the one lead that i am confirmed of (BY).. i haven't seen any growth in her.. she is as incapable and immature as she at the start of the series.. the only difference in her is the change in her-MH relationship.. that is the only relationship where BY has grown.. become more confident, started to stand up for herself..

other than that.. with NOBODY including Ye.. she is exactly where she was when she met those characters the first time..

so, yea.. i just want some genuine adult maturity growth in BY by end of the series.. nobody needs it more than her.. and she needs a solid self realization .. she is not good at reading emotions or people, totally isn't... and she has done this multiple times over the series with her patients, with MH, with ye, with other team members, with her own family... 

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

it's ok. that just means Jang Dongyoon did that much of a great job portraying him, the writer did an amazing job in building his character & writing the script, and everyone else did that amazing of a job filming him!! ^^

lol.. not the point.. the point being.. information should have been laid out..

and yes i agree.. JDY is amazing in all the roles i have seen him in..

and in this show.. definitely better than a lot of other actors who lack charisma either as actors or as characters and a gigantic step up from gong myung.. he would not have been able to pull this character.. if that godbride show is anything to go by as far as his acting is concerned

Helping our events team promote this...come join us here. First submissions extended till the weekend. 

Anyone with an active imagination, come channel your creative energy here....

2 hours ago, wayer said:

I always thought the drama title is directed to Minho. I think he can still have his romance chance in episode 15 and 16. We never know. Two young kids. They woulda and coulda choose each other

Me, I personally think for a while that it's at JH with poetry meaning love.

48 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

the one lead that i am confirmed of (BY).. i haven't seen any growth in her.. she is as incapable and immature as she at the start of the series.. the only difference in her is the change in her-MH relationship.. that is the only relationship where BY has grown.. become more confident, started to stand up for herself..

other than that.. with NOBODY including Ye.. she is exactly where she was when she met those characters the first time..

so, yea.. i just want some genuine adult maturity growth in BY by end of the series.. nobody needs it more than her.. and she needs a solid self realization .. she is not good at reading emotions or people, totally isn't... and she has done this multiple times over the series with her patients, with MH, with ye, with other team members, with her own family...

Witch character truly change/grow in this drama ? And the fact that they don't is kind of realistic for me. Most people don't learn in real life. I think in real life, when bad thing happen to people, they mostly endure of break but that's not growth for me.

The chief was always a good guy (when he learned why SW was trying to sell cards he buyed one) and from begining to end is nice to everyone. That doesn't mean he is perfect like when he believe in rumor and is kind of angry at JW (in the end he try to protect his staff).

YJ was a little hard on BY at work but she was kind of protecting too (a little like a big sister outside at work) and she stay the same.

SW try again to sell credit to help his wife.

I think it's not the character who changed but how we see them.

At first we were angry at SW but he is in a bad spot and don't have a choice. YJ we learn that she got a hard life (can't have a child).

For MH, JW and BY, they didn't change either.

-MH was nice to his friend but could be petty when he don't get what he want. He still is. Always a little narcicism then and there (you can say what you want but when you best friend feel really bad and instead of conforting him when you are with him you only think about using it to test place where to confess is selfish).

-JW was fair to everyone (in episode 3, he didn't do thing because of BY but because it was right) and he still is but on another side he can be petty like when he talk about MH school score and he did it again when he compete with MH at dodge ball. The thing in both case that he doesn't like that part of him but that doesn't top him for being like that.

-For BY, she always invest herself in everything she does. She always try to help people.

You talk about vanity and narcicism but I believe wanting to not look bad in front of people and being happy to get compliment is not enough to be that. While she was happy with JW, she still go see MH who was a jerk to her and try to apologise and think of why he is hurt. She may have fail but at least she tried

In what way did MH and BY relationship make her grow ? In episode 1 and 2 before she knew he was innocent, she confront him. The different is that this time he was guilty and she still confronted her.

And with reading emotion, she is better than MH, after all JW trully liked her but was scared. and MH keep telling her to not like him. She kind of listened.

The only way I kind of think at BY having groth is that she stop having her fantasy in her head.

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

and yes i agree.. JDY is amazing in all the roles i have seen him in..

and in this show.. definitely better than a lot of other actors who lack charisma either as actors or as characters and a gigantic step up from gong myung.. he would not have been able to pull this character.. if that godbride show is anything to go by as far as his acting is concerned

I think it's wrong for us to like a character because of the actor who play him. If it was another actor, we may hate MH. I don't know if it's because he is like you say to "charismatic" or not good enough to pull bad. MH is not a bad guy but even when he does bad thing many are behind him an defending him.

Archived