[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I didn't have time to go thru Twitter today, but after reading the spoilers I decided not to.

Spoiler

If there is no amnesia then I don't want spoilers on how/what they replaced it with. I'm sure we are getting more lovey dovey cuteness in place of them. So no spoilers. Ohhh please I won't be able to withstand 4 eps of sugary cuteness next week. Hahahahahahahah. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Ahhhh! I was thinking last night that there might not be an amnesia arc because there aren't enough episodes left to fully cover everything and still have a happy ending so if it turns out that they scrapped the amnesia arc altogether.. then... gaaaahhh! I can't wait to see what happens!! 

Seriously, I would not mind at all not having the amnesia arc. Nobody liked it anyway. LOL

For those interested in watching ep 43 RAW:

https://taxiasian.com/meteor-garden-f436/episode-43

They’re saying that because there’s no amnesia arc then maybe something even worse will happen.

but who cares tho, as long as there’s no amnesia arc then I don’t have a problem with that, because no amnesia arc means no side chick will come out HAHAHAHAHA.. to think I was stressing over Umi for nothing :lol:

Wow, just wow about the amnesia thing.

Spoiler

Dear Angie Chai and MG2018 team. Thank you for the shortest amnesia ever in HYD adaptation. Now I don't know whether to cry of happiness or upset about this lol :D. After 17 years ago watching the painful MG2002 where SC cry many many times because DMS can't remember her and fall for another girl, now I'm really really happy for this new version. 

The forehead kiss was very sweet by the way. I think SC told him that she thought Ah Si really forget about her. Wish someone could translate the part about what are they talking about before forehead kiss :)

Are you all serious about this news ? ( the amnesia thing) has  it been confirmed by the officialy team of the show ? 

I mean its an iconic part as mush as we do not enjoi it that must ... it leads to other stuff too 

alot of scenes from the bts and pictures doesnt make sense to me now 

Spoiler

As the one where sc is in a wedding dress and throw her shoes back at si 

as in a recreation of their first fights 

it would have made sense with the amnesia ...that would have helped si remember ,, now tho ? 

Im really curious about what major plot they are going to use to close the drama ! 

>A fake marriage between XZ and si like in the anime ? 

>Him being stabbed will soften the mother and she will give them an aprouval ?

>or are we really going to have some 4 years skip or sush where si will leave and comeback as a better man ? 

The only thing thats keeping me reasured is that dylan comfirmed a wedding scene in his interviews and a kiss by the end xD

but the whole pictures with sc lei in wedding atirzs and si casual is just a blur of ideas for me now 

Spoiler

Yes to no amnesia arc!! I think DMS mother is going to still insist on the wedding to XZ. I’m guessing the remaining episodes and angst will probably focus on this. 

@elle_cha I also think the forehead kiss was really sweet! I can’t really translate everything but essentially SC was scared he really forgot her and that DMS said he would never forget her. 

I’m sure subs of that scene will be out really soon!

Is it too much to ask for 4 angst free eps next week?? We have had enough drama. Also any arc they introduce now will be rushed. Sighh. Let's see. Maybe we will see Si and Shan Cai's kids? Bwahahahahaha. Ok I know I know, I'm dreaming too much. Lol.

About todays's subbed eps on Netflix, I never really understood why Si insisted on taking her to London ever since the ramen date, I mean come on, Mommy dearest is waiting for you there, you don't want to go straight into the Lion's den. But now I understand, he wants to confront mom right on face and get her approval to be together with Shan Cai. But Shan Cai was not ready then, sigh. Now she is all ready, she decided to trust Si and follow his lead. But now I don't understand why he left for London alone. Need to wait for more subbed eps to understand what really happened. Sighh. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Netflix only released two eps today. ./cries. We didn't even get to see the full date. I'm just going to go and watch the fansubbed 39. Hrmph. 

@kokodus I gave up and watched the fansubbed versions. I even gave in and watched the RAW version of ep 43 because I just needed to know what was going on. I couldn't sleep because of it!

I'm currently watching RAW of ep 44 here:

https://taxiasian.com/meteor-garden-f436/episode-44

Spoilers, so open only if you want to:

Spoiler

Loving episode 43 and 44, we at least get a lot of sweetness out of DS and SC.. so it turns out F3 and Xaio Zi were responsible for the Island arc.

and my heart just burst wide open of happiness with this one:

spoiler2_zpskgedeaes.png

If we are left with nothing but pure sweetness between DS and SC in the last 4 episodes, I will be one super happy customer. I really don't care if we are left with any more arcs. I just want happiness and more sweet moments (and yes, please give us a proper wedding scene and if it's not too much to ask, some post-marriage scenes as well) :heart:

1 minute ago, cantbreathe said:

I’m currently watching episode 43, and can I say, the dubbing over DMS singing ‘London Bridge is falling down’ is horrific :blink: It’s so mismatched! Took me right out of my feels zone. 

@cantbreathe LOLOL! At first I thought to myself, who is singing London Bridge so badly? And when the camera pans and we see DS singing it, I'm like, "What? Why? It's ruining the moment!" Hahaha!

But the way they did the hot spot scene and DS and SC parting at the bridge and running towards each other is beautifully done. Although heartbreaking, it will be a memorable scene for me because it was so well done and really made me feel so many feels!! LOL

Hi everyone, I've been missing out on this drama. I was frustrated with Shan Cai not telling Dao Ming Si that she likes him that I stopped after episode 34. Now I've caught up and I am dying of their sweetness together. Cannot wait for Netflix to come out and watch all the episodes with English Sub.

I cried when they were at the Chinese restaurant in London and about to break up or whatever. Love Dylan Wang's acting. He's just makes up soaked into the scene. I totally love them when they went out to have fun in London. It looked soo real like they were a real couple. 

Will go watch today's two episodes. But someone spoil it for me, Dao Ming Si doesn't lose his memories, right?

Did anybody else want to try that big richard simmons bowl of instant noodles that featured in the school uniform scene/advert and that Lei brought over from Shanghai to London (to give to SC for breakfast??). Haha

Oh! So that’s why everyone keeps writing Richard Simmons! Haha

Welcome to all the new posters here in the forum. I'm enjoying everyone's thoughts and analysis on the drama, as well as the clips, gifs, etc. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing this week's episodes as I'm at a conference all week for work. Aargh! On the positive side, I'll be able to binge watch on NF after I return home Friday night.  We have a break right now, so I'm catching up here in the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of the Xiaoyou/Ximen arc as well as DS/SC. I can't believe that next week is the final week of the show!  I heard a rumor that the drama was extended to 50 episodes, but no confirmation if that's true. Sounds like this week's episodes were a real roller coaster ride, so looking forward to catching up over the weekend.

1 hour ago, cantbreathe said:

Did anybody else want to try that big richard simmons bowl of instant noodles that featured in the school uniform scene/advert and that Lei brought over from Shanghai to London (to give to SC for breakfast??). Haha

Oh! So that’s why everyone keeps writing Richard Simmons! Haha

Hey, I've been seeing a lot of people on Twitter asking about it too, but it's not instant noodles, it's actually instant hotpot (that's why it's so big, there are a lot of ingredients). Maybe not so instant, because it does take a few minutes to cook. They use a heating pack so you don't even need hot water, you can use bottled water and it will self cook.

Archived