[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

@sava2sava

Doc and HY will never be on the same team again. When HY double crossed him the last time he's done with her. All the man wants is the money she promised him. These two are crazy and dangerous and once they come face to face it will be the final showdown. One of them will end up badly hurt or dead.

HY finding out JS is sick is what will make her finally leave YE and HJ alone. JS will be her main focus because she loves him. She is the one who stripped him of everything and if he wanted to be treated he has nothing because of her. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YE hasn't had a full 24 hrs to even think about her pregnancy yet.  Its an automatic thing for me to esp. think of my nephew's safety when he is with me first, so I get her automatic knee jerk reaction to want to protect what to her is her precious child.  Before she had the nightmare she spoke with HJ and told him she had something to tell him after that nightmare she was in full fear and protect the baby mode. All of her actions...going to meet IS and even withholding the baby's existence I can see myself doing because even in her nightmare she was about to tell HJ when HY showed up and pushed down the stairs.  I understand it all (eventhough Ive never been pregnant) that the fear of losing what I just found would yes stop me telling HJ although doing so means more protection for the baby.  Fear does not really recognize rationality.

Also I would have told HY too. I would have said anything even if it was I will sell you TMO and kick HJ out just to save my baby.  I would say anything to find common ground and have someone that is irrational to sympathize with me like a true negotiator.

I also wondered if anyone else noticed the shift in HJ. sHe has always been so confident, the cracks in his confidence his vulnerability I like and wish it was brought out earlier than two weeks before finale.  YE has always been unsure even when she says that she will hold his hand to the end, in her mind and face she has small doubts and we've accepted them.  Since JS passed out and was taken to hospital HJ has been unsure and less confident saying he wants to take YE away, staying at her side wondering if she feels sorry for JS, questioning how she feels about JS.  I like it, I like that there is still tension in an established relationship...makes the relationship stronger and I like this new development for him.  He hates that she's keeping secrets from him...Im so happy he recognizes that something is wrong.  So real like and refreshingly good to see in a male kdrama character.

I know some of you are disappointed with the development but this is one of the best kdailies I have ever seen.  It beat out Melody of Love for the committment of male lead and the stickability of the main OTP.  I love the writers depth, like @rolisrntex said no scene is wasted.  Also writernim is pulling off layers of each character to show more growth or depth even in JH chin omma. Besides if HY was killed off/left the show too early we would end up with a whole week of NOTHING happening like Teacher Oh Soo Nam (trainwreck of an ending for the antagonist).

I apologize for the long post. I also hate that this is not Sunday so I can watch live feed of ep 116 tonight :(

@hi5hli5htslight Great post.

Even if HY was around until the end I would have liked to see the marriage earlier and had some time to watch them as a married couple. But yes YE's reaction to her nightmare was totally understandable. I get it completely. She now has a blessing she thought she never would have and wants to protect it at all costs. Even if it means placing a little stress on her relationship with HJ. I think after she talks HY down, she'll realize that she needs's HJ's help to protect their child. Even though they haven't said "I Do" yet they are now a family. I'm thinking (hoping) we'll get a baby reveal to him in 116.

I like HJ's insecurity as well. However, I think he now knows after her reaction to JS's last visit she would never take JS back. He is so in tune with YE's feelings he knows something is wrong and he feels helpless to help her. He is like any other man. We see a problem and want to fix it. Once she tells him about the baby, he will pull out all stops to protect his family from that psycho.

30 minutes ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

Also I would have told HY too. I would have said anything even if it was I will sell you TMO and kick HJ out just to save my baby.  I would say anything to find common ground and have someone that is irrational to sympathize with me like a true negotiator.

@hi5hli5htslight  Hy will go after YE baby even if Js is sick.. Hy has said once before that she'll take whats precious to Ye and Hj away from them at that time it was Hj for Ye and Ye for Hj.. Hy will know this baby is precious to them all and his is what will make her feel better to gloat in there faces. 

All these speculations are driving me crazy. Whether or not HY will harm YE's baby! 

Yes I agreed. This is one of the best kdaily drama I've ever seen! Usually, I am just a passbyer when comes to comment on the soompi. I just love to read your guys post but never wants to comment.

But for the 1st time, I had to post my thoughts about this drama. To relieve my stress! I just can't take it that HY's character kept on harassing YE ( who's done nothing wrong and pure hearted).

But I love you guys here!!! Your feelings, your thoughts soothes my stress and making it even more exciting! :rolleyes:

well atlese cheating ex whole family know he need help.

i wonder how cheating ex family going react. when the other news of him being the one who cant give kid to YE?

i especially want to see the look on cheating ex ma face. she blame YE for her family not having grandson. when in reality it was her own son. who cant give kid to YE.

well at lease cheating ex ma is good for something. when she tell YE ma to let YE/HJ get married. so cheating ex would stop bothering YE.

that right cheating ex it your karm for treating YE so bad.

i dont get how YE is welling to tell crazy joe about her kid. isnt the whole reason. she dont want anyone to know. is because she think crazy joe will harm her kid?

yet crazy joe will be the first person to know about YE kid.

who know what this crazy woman will do now that she know YE is with kid. i just hope HJ will no let YE be alone by herself. once he findout. YE is with his kid.

the last thing i dont want to see is for YE to lost her kid. if the writer make YE lost her kid. i will be very mad.

Once YE tells HY about her pregnancy there is no more reason to withheld the info from HJ. HJ knew something is wrong but I'm glad he did not pester her for answers. They were back to be lovey dovey during the wedding ceremony and reception.  Looking forward to how YE will tell him. 

@sava2sava

I am thinking Chairman Wang is like the  husband in the Scarlet Pimpernal story in which the wife does not know her husband other pesona. I know its far fetched. Lets see how it turns out :D

9 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

i especially want to see the look on cheating ex ma face. she blame YE for her family not having grandson. when in reality it was her own son. who cant give kid to YE.

well at lease cheating ex ma is good for something. when she tell YE ma to let YE/HJ get married. so cheating ex would stop bothering YE.

that right cheating ex it your karm for treating YE so bad.

i dont get how YE is welling to tell crazy joe about her kid. isnt the whole reason. she dont want anyone to know. is because she think crazy joe will harm her kid?

@wunwing1  I don't think none of them will get it even after learning Ye is pregnant.. YE Ex MIL won't put two and two together because her brain don't calculate that far if it did she would have took action against Hy when she learned of her fake pregnancy.. Even if Js is her son and married to such a witch she should have sued to have her house returned. Not wait til all is done thinking and believing the son who only thinks with his penis.. She's a woman that should have known better from he own experiences..  I still don't think none of them will understand Js was the reason Ye didn't get pregnant and had he been tested back then after they had tried his cancer could have been caught sooner rather then later.. But Ye or Hj will be springing this bit of news on them because Ex MIl will be going to her for help with Js and so will the others remember they all plays on her niceness..

Sadly I think Hy will try and hurt Ye and her unborn child and this is how she will be caught. If we had maybe another 20 episodes or so I could see her kidnapping YE child.. She'll end up another Yura from Yellow Boots but in this case instead of HY would keep YE child and raise it herself..       

@sava2sava

There's only 5 eps left and they've been trying to redeem people. 'HY loves JS and he will become her focus not YE. The battle between her and Doc will come to a end by someone getting hurt or ends up dead. . She will finally realize it was her own demons that cause all the heartache and suffering. YE walked away but it was the demons insider herself that just wouldn't leave YE alone. The man she loves she had him but again she could not let go because in her mind YE still loved JS. YE's pregnancy is what will wake her up to the fact that YE has moved on. Also the fact that JS is sick and YE has not run back to him. 

JS and family will have to come to the realization they caused a lot of what happen. Not only is JS being punished but  they all are because of the awful horrible people they are. Many times they were given warnings and a chances to correct how they lived. The only one right now who finally got it is SR. She's taking the necessary steps to improve and do something with herself. JS. MS. and SW have to come to the same conclusion that what they did was of  their own doing. They can't place blame go back and fix or bring back what they threw away because YE has moved on and is happy. 

24 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

JS and family will have to come to the realization they caused a lot of what happen. Not only is JS being punished but  they all are because of the awful horrible people they are. Many times they were given warnings and a chances to correct how they lived. The only one right now who finally got it is SR. She's taking the necessary steps to improve and do something with herself. JS. MS. and SW have to come to the same conclusion that what they did was of  their own doing. They can't place blame go back and fix or bring back what they threw away because YE has moved on and is happy. 

@awsparkle... JS and his family are paying for their sins. What did you think on how Do Hoon was teaching Second Wife some manners?  It was one of my favorite scenes. I was so proud of him. :grin: He put her in her place. He told her offf , explaining he see why SR is without manners. How dare SW's come to DO Hoon's place of residence and is being rude in his own house. I don't know if they will ever realize that they were terrible people. Look at MS still being lazy and not trying to better herself.

44 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

The man she loves she had him but again she could not let go because in her mind YE still loved JS. YE's pregnancy is what will wake her up to the fact that YE has moved on. Also the fact that JS is sick and YE has not run back to him. 

Both of these reasons are valid. Let's not forget one of the reasons HY vowed to keep YE from being happy is she also blames YE for the breakdown of her relationship with JS. She said if YE had just let go and agreed to the divorce earlier she would not have had to fake her pregnancy to make YE let go. What she failed to realize was when she faked her pregnancy, YE was pretty much ready to move on. However, YE was not going to leave without taking her shots on the way out. Also, YE walked off that battlefield with her head held high. That really burned HY up. She also faked her family background and caused JS to desire that more than her. She wanted love from him but didn't know how to give it back. Of course JS didn't know how to love a woman properly either. He was/is a blood sucker of the highest order.

I think learning that JS is sick and dying had more to do with it than YE's pregnancy. I still think YE buys enough time in that confrontation for HJ to come back and then HY runs off knowing she is no match for the two of them at the same time. I'm also wondering if the fact that YE saved her life at the hands of Du Soo doesn't come into play as well. 

One thing is for sure this last week will not disappoint the viewer. (except I still wish the OTP time line had been moved up about 5 episodes) Lots of issues still to resolve. I still think SW will have another come uppance with her business. I'm still thinking of the scene a while back of her opening her first franchise location. It seemed so out of place at the time. (no scene is out of place in this drama). I still don't think she realizes she as much to blame for the mess that family is in as anyone despite what Do Hoon told her. At the wedding reception she was annoyed at SP's remark that he is glad that YE has found happiness with HJ and it makes him feel less guilty that she has. He, BS and now SR are the only ones to realize their family's culpability. Even though MS apologized to YE she only did it to hopefully lessen her kid's punishment for their actions. Even when she apologized she asked YE to speak to HJ on SR's behalf.

@rolisrntex

MS and SW have to realize they raised the two idiots and they will be punished right along with JS. . What's happening to that family  now is way past a sincere apology. An apology won't do it and they  all will have to pay the piper for what they've done. Even after that slap down by DH SW is still on her high horse. This woman will not get it until it hits her where it will hurts the most. Her business  will have  to suffer. That sign that said something about honesty is going to come back and slap the crap out of her. 

I hope that Hyung Joo finds out he is going to be a father on Monday.

Mal Shim and Hye Jung are in the same boat. Other people's children are not as precious as their own. Hye Jung brought up both Ji Sup and Se Ran when Mal Shim was ill so she really see them as her own children. That is noble of her but Do Hoon was correct that she over did it and spoilt them instead.

Watching the old episodes again they treated her so bad about no begin able to have a baby its unforgivable.

I really cant wait until its reveal on Monday hopefully.

I really hate that these people are friendly with that piece of garbage ex MIL.

But  it does not matter anymore the important person does not care for her or her son still and she found a much much better person.

I really wish I can watch live tonight but as always work is calling and money comes first.. Need money to pay for my wifi and internet services.. But when I return I'll get to read all the comments that has been posted and there will be enough to know if the episode is worth the watch.. 

Have fun and enjoy your watch everyone, 

Let's all hope HJ learns he'll be a daddy

So to fight boredom this weekend I went and watched the final episodes of most of the SBS morning dailys that proceeded this one including My Mother is a Daughter in Law in the last 3-4 years. SBS does not leave loose ends in these dramas. With the exception of one, the last 20 minutes of the final episode is a fast forward of 2 years to see how everyone turned out and there is always a family gathering in the last 10 minutes of the new expanded family. If someone ends up in prison (there usually is one), there is a visit from one of the protagonists to the prisoner in the final episode as well (hello HY). Everyone this director has done there has the 2 year jump. We see the new babies for those that were pregnant. Someone is usually promoted to CEO (HJ) of the company.

Another funny thing is duplication of sets with different decor. For instance, HJ’s bedroom was in Sweet Enemy with different decor. SM’s living room is always in them with different decor as well.

In My Mother is a Daughter in Law many of the actors and actresses from this drama were in that one as well (YE, JS, SW, IS, MDS, MB, the gal that played DH’s producer earlier was JS’s love interest). The actor that plays MB opened a chicken restaraunt in this one too. This was the last drama our director did for SBS before Happy Sisters.

The actor that plays Ma Du Soo was is in almost all of them.

So I have at least a little confidence this drama will not end with our OTP saying I do. We should have wrap up in the final episode.

I have started to watch A Hundred Year Inheritance to tide me over after this one is over. So far it is really good 3 episodes in. However, I do plan on watching this one again.

Archived