[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

6 minutes ago, rhaps said:

The ones in bold are so on point :joy:

Anyway, like I said, I rewatched epi 37 (this is like the nth time already) with english subs, and I have to say that NQ's shamelessness is really amazing . Even YHY - MSS wondered whether he was really a student from the 2nd floor of Academy or not :joy: .  He hid behind women and ran away from fights just like that :joy:

Remember when NQ didnt want to take SS's umbrella because he insisted that she keeps it. If it wasnt for SS's quiet persistence, NQ/MSS would've been easy pratice targets for YHY's ice shards.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Saw the clip where Ning Que asked for Sang Sang hand in marriage. Her father asked him as his principal wife? Ning Que said yes. Her father aked whether he planned to take a concubine. Ning Que said he wished to but do not think Sang Sang will ever allowed him.

So cute that he knows her so well.

8 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

If NQ really married both SS and MSS. Who do you all think his main wife? We all know SS is his most important in this world. She is his water, the person that he trust the most in this world, she is his everything. They belong to each other and cant exist without each other. So you think NQ will set MSS as a concubine and get SS as his main wife?? It is very clear that NQ's attention in the beginning to have SS as his main wife. Do you think MSS really wanna be NQ's concubine?? 

Can someone explain how are they getting married already?  Have either of them confessed? Did NQ propose to SS? i'm confused :huh:

I'm glad NQ knows SS will not be tolerating any other women in their relationship <_<

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, raziela said:

Can someone explain how are they getting married already?  Have either of them confessed? Did NQ propose to SS? i'm confused :huh:

I'm glad NQ knows SS will not be tolerating any outside women in their relationship <_<

They are getting married in season 2. Under Fuzi's hand (I dont know how to say it in word):D

In season 1, I think they are only engaged. But, NQ keeps addressing SS as his wife to people. No matter where he goes. I dont remember he ever address her as his fiancee:heart: what can I say, NQ is so savoring SS!:kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I am happy this thread is so active i remember on early pages i thought no-one was picking this up and was suggesting it to everyone so im glad its super popular now. 

And please dont mind us if we talk some silly stuffs because most of us here are just amateurs who are just entering no doubt level:joy: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

And please dont mind us if we talk some silly stuffs because most of us here are just amateurs who are just entering no doubt level:joy: 

Im more like noob-level, since Im not familiar w/ the webnovel & stuck at ep.32.

• LOL 6

10 hours ago, rhaps said:

The ones in bold are so on point :joy:

Anyway, like I said, I rewatched epi 37 (this is like the nth time already) with english subs, and I have to say that NQ's shamelessness is really amazing . Even YHY - MSS wondered whether he was really a student from the 2nd floor of Academy or not :joy: .  He hid behind women and ran away from fights just like that :joy:

Huahuahua... Suddenly some pictures popping out from my head.

When NQ and MSS together, while they encounter their enemies..

NQ is happily thinking, "time to look out for a good spot to hide behind mss". But, wow! The enemies are too strong! I need to save my bad @ss otherwise I wont be able to see my sangsang again! Then suddenly he shouts while running away like a chicken from the scene, "shanshan, time for you to fight! Jia yo!" 

However, when NQ and SS encounter their enemies...

"Sangsang, stay behind me. I will make sure to roast all of them like I am roasting chickens as black as blackie!"

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Oh, I also would like to wish her a very happy birthday.  I don't know how experienced she is, hit she had done a wonderful job almost in each and every fight scenes, photography and moreover her interaction with the actors/actresses it simply awesome.  Except for some over exaggerated and unnecessary scenes.  I would give her 9/10.  Jaiyou!!!!!

Can somebody recommend me her other good projects....

• Like 4

I only have two complains about Ever Night, the romance between NQ and MSS was given too much time and more importance than it as in the novel, when I read it I felt that for NQ it was a crush because she was beautifull and both share the calligraphy as a passion but in the drama it looks more like love. Also hated that they made SS so weak, why all the crying when finally NQ finds her after she run away???  She is young but she is suppose to be intelligent and strong,  I don’t mind her crying but I think it was too much to the point of wailing, complete opposite of her personality.

For me the drama lost momentum when NQ went to wilderness let’s hope than in the last episodes it can recover the magic that is NQ and SS together, for me their natural chemistry and amazing cinematography are the  reason I love the show. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

They are getting married in season 2. Under Fuzi's hand (I dont know how to say it in word):D

In season 1, I think they are only engaged. But, NQ keeps addressing SS as his wife to people. No matter where he goes. I dont remember he ever address her as his fiancee:heart: what can I say, NQ is so savoring SS!:kiss_wink:

Thank you for replying.  So have they confessed and NQ has proposed already in the drama? Which episode? It seems too quick!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I am back after 2 long weeks. You guy go so fast! 90 plus page already. I have alot to catch up.:tounge_xd:

Welcome back @mei2018

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

Well..I dont know, perhaps it's just me ?

Reveal hidden contents

The plot is correct,  but the 'feeling' is wrong.I dont like it that I sympathize more with MSS than SS. They dont have to make her imagining those beautiful things, because it's too pitiful. I know that NQ-SS should be a couple, and I ship them. But MSS is a good girl, why should they crush her heart like that? 

And I also dont like how SS visiting MSS. Well, for this part, I think I should know what they were saying? I just thought that there was no need for her to do that. That makes her looked kinda ..dunno, pathetic? 

And I also cant feel the love between NQ-SS . The 'revelation of love' part is too short , so it wasnt very convincing. 

Sorry guys, perhaps it's just me :( . I guess I'll just have to rewatch this with eng subs :), perhaps I understand it wrongly

When watching cdrama the only way to truly enjoy it is with subs.  Sometimes our perception of what we see make us think an episode isn’t good. :D Let’s wait for the subs @rhaps so we can talk about it when subs come out and you will be happy again.  Some part in the episode was a bit much for me to until someone translate it for me. It made me happy again. I too get frustrated with some scene . 

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

Im just sensitive sorry .. after watching Heavy Sweetness Ash and what those book readers did to that thread.. im just sensitive sorry if i was rude to anyone. 

@Wotad Glas you are back chingu. It’s okay to be frustrated and I think the drama wants us to be frustrated and talk among ourselves so that we can keep watching the drama til the end. :D:heart:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

You are welcome.

I am not sure either which episode:D

Sangsang not even returns home yet.

Thanks!  That makes more sense if it hasn't aired yet! :)  We only have 12 episodes left so I don't want them to rush things but I guess it will be inevitable with everything the drama sill has to cover.

DramaPanda just posted some online drama view count numbers and Ever Night is still doing very well:

Ever Night has done consistently well online, placing just below Our Glamorous Time for most of its run. It is currently at 3.38 billion views on Tencent, 45 days after premiere

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/12/view-count-for-some-dramas-this-week_14.html

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, rhaps said:

You're right ;) . Let's wait until eng subs come out

In my case, the wilderness arc is interesting for the adventures and actions. I like it that NQ is exposed more to the 'outside world' and meet more people. My fave is, of course, when they meet LQ and explore the Demon cave

@rhaps... I just finished watching episode 37 with subs. It really cracked me up. It seems that NQ is alway thinking of Sang Sang and how hard they tried to survive and he won’t let LQ or anyone else kill him because of how hard surviving is. 

I really like YHY, she and NQ could be great friends if only she wasn’t from Xiling. I think YHY’s belief isn’t as corrupted as LQ. She has pride and respect. Funniest thing she respected LQ by not telling anyone he tried to kill his enemy instead of finishing his cultivation to the next level. 

@raziela.. a thanks for the update on the view count for Ever Night. 

• Like 4

The MSS and NQ arc definitely was over done and so unnecessary but I guess from a producers POV it gets people (like myself :P) fired up and anticipating the next eps when NQ SS reunite and see how it plays out. Keeps me engaged and I want to know what's happening next. Although now finally in eps 47/48 NQ and SS have reunited and the way it was scripted wasn't the best but I'm still so happy NQ SS have reunited and will continue to build their relationship from now on. I hope that from S2 onwards there won't be any other third wheels trying to get in between NQ SS and that it's just them two getting stronger together :lol:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@rhaps... I just finished watching episode 37 with subs. It really cracked me up. It seems that NQ is alway thinking of Sang Sang and how hard they tried to survive and he won’t let LQ or anyone else kill him because of how hard surviving is. 

I really like YHY, she and NQ could be great friends if only she wasn’t from Xiling. I think YHY’s belief isn’t as corrupted as LQ. She has pride and respect. Funniest thing she respected LQ by not telling anyone he tried to kill his enemy instead of finishing his cultivation to the next level. 

@raziela.. a thanks for the update on the view count for Ever Night. 

You're welcome for the view count numbers.

I really like YHY too. She's another character I would liked to see more screen time rather than MSS.  She's kickarse, beautiful and interesting.  I wonder if the actress doesn't have a powerful agency because I've noticed there isn't much promo for her even on the Ever Night weibo page.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1