[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Just want to say that I quick-browse this thread, because I dont want to read spoilers of epi 47-48, but I want to know people's reactions first. It seems that these 2 episodes are satisfying :D

I'd better go before I read spoilers and will be back after I watch them *LOL* :joy:

Ahahahhaahaha...  I canceled my plan to watch Spiderman today just so I know the result of today's episode :joy:  It better be worth it! LOL 

• LOL 8

Very very satisfying episodes

EP 47

Spoiler

SS leaves the home in the beginning of the episode itself.  Ok, he does beat her with the stick.  But since the whole fight situation between them is coherent, it does not seem like violent act towards her.  It seems like an adult disciplining a child.  But she does grab the stick from him and throw it away.  Thats my girl.  So, he does calm down at the end and ask her to come back home.  She refuses.  *Happy dance*. There is a discussion between the bro's and sis's of academy who is worth marrying NQ.  The episode ends

EP 48

Spoiler

The first bro and second bro started fighting as to who NQ has to marry.  The rest of the team back off since the situation turns serious.  But 3rd sister feed some advise into their brains and finally they stop. CPP is missing here since he is already with NQ near the lake.  I love CPP.  Here, he gives him advise and tell him how SS was there for him all time and he should make judgement based on that.  I love this CPP character much.  After this, he battles with Daoshi monk by using devil ki and kills him.  He reveals CPP that he has gained the devil ki from that devil master while in wilderness.  He say goodbye to MSS.  And he meets Fuzi where he drinks and I think he reveals his break up and also the killing of Daoshi monk by devil ki.  NQ was beaten by Fuzi and he faints. Eunuch Lin comes to SS parents tells them that they hv to send SS back home.  SS mom does not want to.  SS comes out and she is being informed that NQ is hurt.  EP ends

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ningsangcpp said:

Oh guys happy spoiler for ep48

Reveal hidden contents

So that scene we see in the mvs where NQ picks MSS up and spins her around is all an imagination so it doesn't actually happen :D

Also quote NQ:

Spoiler

NQ says to Fuzi while drunk "losing sang sang... What's the point in life anymore" 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Oh guys happy spoiler for ep48

Hide contents

So that scene we see in the mvs where NQ picks MSS up and spins her around is all an imagination so it doesn't actually happen :D

Really? HAHAHA! Who imagined it though? *whispers: just put in spoiler too* HEHEHE!

I don’t know about you guys but NQ going mad crazy is kinda satisfying. LOL

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Reveal hidden contents

damn dont you like this?

and dont read if u guys dont want spoiler :P 

Hide contents

NQ: Repeat what you said just now

SS: My things has nothing to do with you

NQ: Why your things has nothing to do with me?

SS: My things has nothing to do with you!

NQ: I had not beat you since you are 3 years old! Today your master me will discipline you! GO HOME!

SS: NO!

NQ: GO HOME!

SS: NO!

NQ: WHY NOT?!! WHY NOT?!!

SS: Because DONT LIKE and NOT HAPPY!! No reason!

NQ: WHY??!!

SS: Just DONT LIKE & Not HAPPY! No reason!

NQ: Not because no reason, it because you are brainless! I'm  your young master, you are my handmaiden, I raised you since you were a baby!

SS: I start doing all the chores, cooking and washing since I was 8 so it was me who raise you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you dearest @angelangie Now THIS really made me happy... *hugs*

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, stucked said:

Really? HAHAHA! Who imagined it though? *whispers: just put in spoiler too* HEHEHE!

Spoiler

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stucked said:

Is this shown in today’s eps? I was just browsing IG so I really have no idea. LOL

Yup!! It's shown in ep 48 :wub:. Ep48 was soooo satisfying. You hear NQ say so many sweet things about SS and always implying how he needs her. 

Spoiler

He was using an analogy about water and liking the sour chilli noodle SS cooks to explain to CPP and make him pick if he could only have one for the rest of his what would he chose? And it was obviously water because it's essential for life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

What did CPP told NQ exactly?

Also, at the end of EP.48 the conversation between NQ and FUZI.

thanks in advance

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:
  Hide contents

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

Whoah. Wow. Damn.

Spoiler

Now that’s kinda disappointing. I thought it’d be MSS doing the imagining. LOL He’s imagining the “What if’s” with her and sorta regretting already what’s he’s about to do — which is to reject MSS. Hm. There seems to be lingering feelings here. *sigh* NQ my hormonal boy. I just wanna slap you sometimes. HAHA!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Spoiler

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

What did CPP told NQ exactly?

Also, at the end of EP.48 the conversation between NQ and FUZI.

thanks in advance

I feel you. :D We really need to know these things. As for me, it’s to keep me sane. LOL. EverNight has just taken over my quiet Friday night. 

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, dzareth said:

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Reveal hidden contents

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

CFY & SS is really good portraying NQ/SS. I think SS crying is fine. She wears her heart on her sleeve so its pretty on-brand for her character at this point. Since SS is a bit reserve & quiet in the webnovel, its good to give her range/expression onscreen. This way NQ can read/understand her inner turmoil a little bit more(specifically this ep/scene).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I think SS crying is fine. She wears her heart on her sleeve so its pretty on-brand for her character at this point.

Allow me to clarify. I don't mind SS cry. But i don't like the way how SS cries is acted. The wailing is kind off awkward 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Allow me to clarify. I don't mind SS cry. But i don't like the way how SS cries is acted. The wailing is kind off awkward 

The director seem/wanted to dramatize it a bit more(esp in this scene). But yes, it's alright not to like the way they did it. I have my fair share of criticism of the direction as well.

• Like 1

After today shows, I dont feel any excitement or joy like before. I totally disappointed and I dont have a high hope to seeing the real NQ and SS or relationship that described in the novel. Both of them in the drama look like strangers to me. 

When i saw SS was looking at NQ while he was sleeping soundly, and then she started looking around the house, crying, closed the door, turned her back, and finally started running as fast as possible - I cried. I can feel her sadness and loneliness in her heart.

When she met her parents and I saw how they are sincerely care and love her - I was so touched. 

And then, finally.. what I was looking forward so many days are finally coming... NQ finally realized sangsang was disappeared. He finally convincted that she left by herself. And you know what, I am wondering who is the screenwriter that sooooo #&$-@(#(_-$) that created such a #-$-_+_( scene that I dont see anything like...

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

Then....

During their quarrel, they added something and spotlight mss as the most important person AND FORGOTTEN THE MAIN OF THEIR TRUE FEELINGS AND NQ'S ANXIETY AFTER HE FOUND SS LEFT HIM!!? their argument they make it like THEY PUT ON BLAME THE WHOLE THINGS TO SS AS THE ONE WHO ARE RUINING NQ-MSS RELATIONSHIP!!

I feel NOTHING and I pissed off with the scene!!!!!!!

This afternoon I read some arguments between the viewers and so many complaints, disappointment and they audiences are blaming the scriptwriter for bias against SS. They also said that some scripts that are belong to SS was given out to MSS. NOW I KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEANS!!! 

During saying goodbye to mss, the scenes are even worst!!! Where the heck of suddenly pop up an imagination such a lovey dovey (forever?) in NQ's mind???!!! Why have to make it suchhhhhh a dramatic and awful to watch???!!! Today episodes are just TOO RIDICULOUS!!!!!! 

Btw, dont mind me,:D

• Like 3

Thanks so much for everyone's updates :heart: I am catching up with everyone's posts now.

I have not watched yet but browsing Weibo reactions and to clarify apparently the twirling scene was MSS imagination (not NQ) according to C-fans who were also mad about it and the screenwriter posted to say it was MSS.

They shouldn't have had that part at all in my opinion :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeay tonite 2 eps are satisfying indeed, the pace is quick, follow the novel

Spoiler

On ep 47, i think i got carried away by their miserable feeling to each other, SS n NQ really suffer, emotional suffer. Feeling so bad about them :tears:, CFY n SY really did a great job! And so funny that brother sister are really concerned with his little bro romance life LOL, 1st brother who always a patience role, he can get emotional too, and almost fighting with 2nd brother LOL. Thx to 3rd sister who save the day. 

On ep 48, so after NQ battle with son of Master QuNi, NQ realized that he will choose SS, but after the battle and confession to CPP about join the devil sect, he like give his last request to CPP to protect SS, because the monk he just killed was son of master QuNi, that would be a disaster for academy and maybe NQ life will getting more sorrow. Despite having bad injured and better back to academy to get med, he went to MSS to say goodbye, i think beside he want to end his relationship with MSS and choose SS, he also want to protect MSS, not get involved with him anymore since he just killed son of Master QuNi. Is it? Because NQ didnt say a thing, any reasons. (Dont know with the novel version). CMIIW

And the last scenes with FuZi LOL i really like it, important lesson young man never get drunk, you'll never know whom you gonna meet and what secret you gonna spoil, and NQ did this right in front FuZi LOL, cant wait for next weeekk!

I really admire for NQ costume, they are all NICE! longing for his meeting with YHY and Emperor to recieve imperial duty from his Master YanSe.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols....this is just like what in the book and what i said previously.....they sister and brothers are divided.....

what the 3rd sister said in summary not in overall conversation

Hide contents

you are all wrong.......who matches youngest brother the most there is no definite answer to it....as whoever matches the most is all base on their own feeling towards each other..

the choice should be left to youngest brother and not us, no matter who ever we wanted him to end up with, the choice should be left with youngest brother, it is his choice after all....as no matter what choice youngest brother made he has to live with it himself and we should respect him in that choice, as he will need to live with those choices himself....and i'm sure teacher will also agree with this....

brother and sister do you guys agree?

Why does it feel like 3rd sr sister is speaking to all of us here as well? :D :D :D It’s as if she’s saying, “ You all made the choice to watch this drama so you all need to live with your choices, whether NQ becomes flirty w/MSS or abandon SS. You all made the choice so you lot should live with it. Do all mah sisters here agree?” LOL :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4