[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

I would like to add that NQ and SS was already like and old couple since the begining.

He works to get income for the family and give all the money to her. She manages the household and taking care of everything for him, dressing, etc.They share their thought and consult each other for very problems.  NQ has never let anyoneekse beside SS to know his true self, background etc.

So MSS has no way to compete.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

@celebrianna, i have same concerns as you. Book SS and NQ is different from tv SS and NQ. Book SS is quite serious and quiet. Tv version is very cute and lovable. It also has a different vibe with the comedic sound track in the background. But the novel is not a romance novel. There is hardly any romantic scenes, although sometimes the characters say things that touches the core of the reader's heart. So the feels is definitely there. 

I agree. I've read half the book and I must say I like the book SS-NQ more since I can understand their relationship more as well as their inner thoughts. Perhaps because Mao Ni is not a romance writer, so romance in the book is not explicitly implied and we can only read between the lines. That's okay for me. Some lines still make me grin like a fool. 

In the drama, SS looks head-over-heels towards NQ but in the book, she's not like that. Like @dzareth said she's serious and quiet. Even when MSS came in the picture, there's no outburst/jealousy in SS, but we know from her action - leaving NQ - that she's unhappy. 

NQ-MSS has not met yet right? So it'll be next week? I only watched the clips of the love triangle. 

NQ towards MSS in the book is also different compare to NQ and MSS in the drama. 
Not sure if I get this wrong, but NQ in the drama seems more active in returning MSS's feeling, while in the book, he's as cool as cucumber - interested yes but not thaat interested. MSS is the active one in this relationship. 

Maybe because this is the drama version, so everything has to be dramatic! The infatuation, the jealousy, the pull and push. :sweatingbullets:

That's why whenever I watch the clips of their love triangle, I feel so sad for drama SS. I know that MSS is a phase that NQ has to go through but I prefer the book version than the drama. At least in the book version, I feel comforted reading NQ's thoughts and know that he missed SS and neutral towards MSS; whereas in the drama.. it doesnt feel that way. :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I would like to add that NQ and SS was already like and old couple since the begining.

He works to get income for the family and give all the money to her. She manages the household and taking care of everything for him, dressing, etc.They share their thought and consult each other for very problems.  NQ has never let anyoneekse beside SS to know his true self, background etc.

So MSS has no way to compete.

Spoiler

I think the real love test was when she became Hade's child n everyone was after her.

From the novel, Mo Shan Shan realized how much Sangsang meant to Ning Que because of his chicken soup calligraphy and he always talked about his "my sang sang" to MSS, so she knew from the very beginning Sangsang was more than just his maid. I didn't like that despite MSS knowing first how he felt about Sangsang, she still told him she likes him and asked if he likes her too...of course stupid NQ said yes because he like her differently from the other girls. And that's because MSS active chase him...whereas in the drama based on the clips, NQ and MSS mutually like each other and are more affectionate! Did u see them hugging each other! Sangsang even asked MSS to marry NQ...I don't remember reading that in the book... unless if that was something that happened later in the novel.

Spoiler

• Like 4

@UnniSarah, you’re so right. This week’s episodes are so enjoyable.

Spoiler

It seems to me as though all the brothers and sisters were pleased that NQ became the choice for Fu Zi’s student. NQ really has his strengths. I like how intelligent and practical he is. And dare I say he has wisdom probably from all he has been through and I hope that wisdom will continue to increase. I loved all his references to SS that shows how integral a part of his life and thinking she is. I mean, she’s #1 on his list of three things to keep moving forward. Even his answers to Fu Zi speaks about her. His subsequent trial literally personified SS in physical appearance though not in thoughts and personality. I learned a few things about SS just in his debate with that trial...that SS disdainfully calls him master and that she wouldn’t let him near any money...lol..although I did get a hint of that from the “silver as totem” scene.

LQ is brain dead. I’m very much convinced. The error is so obvious in his thinking and his pride. How is he convinced he’s light and he thinks so much evil? His judgment is upside down. He said that everyone is unworthy of his reverence except the Heavens but he said it in a way to imply that he’s more worthy than everyone. I’m really surprised by his evident conceit when I really didn’t notice it in Xiling. The abrupt change seem so odd to me. 

It seems like the drama is showing that darkness is light and light is darkness. It made me wonder for the first time why the show is called Ever/Eternal Night which have been mentioned several times in the drama.

• Like 4

I dont think people should really be focused on comparing the book and show they are just different and people shouldn't assume something before even seeing episodes. 

The drama obviously has to be different because they cant show inner thoughts and go into as much detail. How the romance between NQ and MSS turns out in the drama really shouldn't matter as long as the end game stays true.

I actually prefer drama changes based on what people said above if SS was cold and kept everything inside i wouldn't like her as much.

• Like 4

@rhaps

Ep. 23 the priest scene is still confusing...

Spoiler

Poor SS, she waits for him to come home all night long... :tears:... I'm not a fan of how overdone everyone's concern aside from SS and CPP... Li Yu action is a bit too much. 

Anyway... In Ep 1, Wu Ming attack Luo Kedi with the bell, so that means WM has an ability to direct who should the bell targeted. 

This means that the attack to NQ in ep 23 could be not random after all. But how could he knows that its NQ?

My theory is still its a random attack, and  NQ was hurt because he's someone reincarnated from another world. So he can be harmed by the bell. Or from Fuzi/ WGM words someone born knowing, and that's why WGM mistook him as son of hades. 

But, I'm still confused about the umbrella having a pointing abilities... LoL... so.. what someone says in viki that the umbrella might have an ability to make NQ as a pretend son of hades could have merit... who knows? LoL 

I'm confused about Yan Se a bit... why didn't he have any question about the black umbrella... Does he know something after all? I know that his excuse of NQ attack was Xiling wants revenge on LQ's loss, but I don't think it's that simple. 

I think the incense has something to do with the bell's effect. Maybe the effect can only last for an incense time. Or NQ pass out because of the incense? LOL.... both have merits... I'm more inclined with the first theory.

LOL.. maybe in the future once Yan Se and WGM met, we'll have a clearer picture. 

Aside from this priest scene, I like the latter part of Ep 23. NQ and Yan Se's interaction is great.. They both can guess each other's toughts.... NQ is very cheeky with him.. LOL.. even poking fun of him with sister dewdrop :lol: and also saying that people from the same family is similar ... hahaha.. aka they are both STINGY.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps

Hide contents

Poor SS, she waits for him to come home all night long... :tears:... I'm not a fan of how overdone everyone's concern aside from SS and CPP... Li Yu action is a bit too much. 

Anyway... In Ep 1, Wu Ming attack Luo Kedi with the bell, so that means WM has an ability to direct who should the bell targeted. 

This means that the attack to NQ in ep 23 could be not random after all. But how could he knows that its NQ?

My theory is still its a random attack, and  NQ was hurt because he's someone reincarnated from another world. So he can be harmed by the bell. Or from Fuzi/ WGM words someone born knowing, and that's why WGM mistook him as son of hades. 

But, I'm still confused about the umbrella having a pointing abilities... LoL... so.. what someone says in viki that the umbrella might have an ability to make NQ as a pretend son of hades could have merit... who knows? LoL 

I'm confused about Yan Se a bit... why didn't he have any question about the black umbrella... Does he know something after all? I know that his excuse of NQ attack was Xiling wants revenge on LQ's loss, but I don't think it's that simple. 

I think the incense has something to do with the bell's effect. Maybe the effect can only last for an incense time. Or NQ pass out because of the incense? LOL.... both have merits... I'm more inclined with the first theory.

LOL.. maybe in the future once Yan Se and WGM met, we'll have a clearer picture. 

Aside from this priest scene, I like the latter part of Ep 23. NQ and Yan Se's interaction is great.. They both can guess each other's toughts.... NQ is very cheeky with him.. LOL.. even poking fun of him with sister dewdrop :lol: and also saying that people from the same family is similar ... hahaha.. aka they are both STINGY.... :lol:

Spoiler

I just think the umbrella is connect to SS so when she wanted to find Ning Que it just dropped and pointed the way. 

Maybe NQ is connected to hades as well also can someone tell me why Fu Zi wanted Ning Que so bad 15 years ago is that connected to SS and Hades or separate?

One thing im really loving is the emperor knowing everything going on it makes for a nice change of pace from all the dramas where emperor is stupid even though he should obviously be near the most talented and know whats going on. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Ep 23 :

Hide contents

Yeah, I also feel that this epi is not good as the previous ones. And, was NQ's ink smell that strong, so that she could still smell it after a day? In an open space ?

I also think that it was a random attack. My theory is he originally attacked NQ because of LQ, but he used that bell to randomly test NQ and see whether he was effected or not. 

I dont think that NQ passed out because of the intense, because he had been effected by the bell before. But it should be something important, because the camera focused on it several times. Now is there any incense in the novel beyond chapter 500? 

Wait, but it's also possible that NQ passed out at fiest after being knocked out by Wu Ming :P .. Hmm..yeah, in this case, the bell only hurt NQ and the one that knocked him out was the incense

That's why, after the incense was burnt out, he woke up. 

But, what is the purpose of Wu Ming kidnapping him? WM wanted to proof that NQ was the Son of Hades -> okay. But how ? Wasnt it enough by watching him got hurt because of the bell? 

Perhaps, is WM trying to kill NQ slowly using the incense? 

About the umbrella (big spoiler, I think) :

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's still understandable if the umbrella can sense and point NQ's whereabouts. IIRC, the novel once said that the umbrella thought that NQ was the protector of the Daughter of Hades. That's why it protected him

@Wotad, sorry which part that said that :

Reveal hidden contents

Fu Zi wanted NQ so bad 15 yrs ago?

Do you remember which episode is that?

Spoiler

I think your being a little to judgemental regarding episode 23 and Sang Sang is not exactly someone random and not totally normal.. Ink does have a every strong smell so i think its logical. 

The Incense was obviously the thing killing him.

In the recent episodes where hes fishing he said he picked his disciple 15 years ago. 

I just wanna know if he was picked due to being related to hades or because Fu Zi saw what he can become? 

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps

Reveal hidden contents

at first i also confused about this, but now after a quick search in the novel, i just found out that actually there is no scene about the WM priest attack NQ. So it only happens in the drama, I dont know why the director added it. CMIIW.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@rhaps, I'm actually very satisfied with all of the fighting scenes so far. I particularly like scenes with NQ, YHY and XH. I also love the way talisman/ rune skills are realised in this drama, even if it did remind me the Avengers a bit. The fights did not just focused on the main characters, even the stand in soldiers/ gangsters/ etc can be seen falling and being slayed creatively. I like them very much.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rhaps said:

LOL I dont know. 

Anyway, just want to say that my fave fighting scene is epi 14 at the teahouse :p . Actually, I have several fave fight scenes. The best of all are the ones in epi 6 and 14, while the best of the best in epi 14 :P

@epinklyn, yeah..it wasnt taken from the novel. My guess is the drama was trying to bring out a new issue (Son of Hades and Xia Hou) after the previous one was over (the competition). 

Yeah @rhaps i love all the NQ fighting scene, it looks so real! But so far i like ep 14 and ep 6, cant wait next week the fighting scene in the wilderness against the horse gang.

Spoiler

Yeah maybe the drama want to add some bold statement to show that since NQ success become Mr. Thirteen beating the most powerful opponent LQ, he is now like pop-up to the world and become some kind of "threat" for his rival and enemy, thats why he's been wanted to be killed by Xia Hou, King's brother and XiLing Priest, but also still connected with the last three murder investigation. For Xiling he is the son of hades, for General XiaHou he is someone who wants to get revenge for General Lin' family massacre, and for King's brother maybe he is gonna be a barrier to overthrone the king.

• Like 3

I just finished episode 22 and am surprised that

Spoiler

No one is really curious about how SS can also climb the mountain during the trail/exam for the second tier of the academy?!?!

Also I love how NQ gets two Shifu in one go lol. So satisfying...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yessss I've been waiting for that too!!!

Based on the trailer, I'm guessing that it should be in epi :

Hide contents

around 33-35

Regarding epi 23 again , yeah perhaps you are right :

Hide contents

I guess the drama wanted to show how important NQ was and how significant his figure now among the Xiling, Xia Hou, and the Tang Empire. So when he was gone, everyone was looking for him like he was someone so important, because he WAS.

@stella77

Hide contents

I still believe that no one was questioning her because she could not cultivate, so the magic didnt effect her. In the novel, NQ was talking with several member of the 'blue cross'. He asked them how they could climb up, and then they said that they weren't cultivators (or something like that, I forgot)

Yeah, NQ having everyone looking for him and wanting to make him their students was really satisfying :P . And the Emperor also finally found him. Those were one of my favourite parts in the novel too

Yes yes me too me too, ep 22 is like an achievement moment for NQ and acknowledgement moment from everybody who has been underestimated him. I cant keep smiling watching that scene, just like watching my boy achieve his dream, so proud and grateful for him hahahaha. Actually ep 19-22 has been my fav for non action scene. So many fav scene, so that i have to categorized them LOL, such as romantic scene, fighting scene, academic scene, debate scene etc.. 

Spoiler

In the upcoming spoiler about NQ meet Flower Addict and Book Addict, just like heaven n hell, NQ attitude towards Flower addict was so mean and arrogant, he even throw away the precious flower, oh NQ why just cant you give the flower so she can be nicer to you. And when he meet MSS, so nice and calm LOL. CFY really did a very good job in this, his acting skills is so good!

• Like 1

I love this song.

More spoiler translation for ep 30

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, drink some water. Young Master when you get to the wilderness you have to ...

NQ: I know, when I get to the wilderness I will take good care of myself, OK.

SS: Young Master, If you meet the enemy, you can't be like an idiot rushing to the front if you can dodge then dodge. The weather is cold now, don't sleep in draughty places, use more blankets, don't drink cold water, don't eat cold foods, if you get a bad stomach what would we do.

NQ: I know. I should also take some more silver teals.

SS: You don't have to take silver teals, the Academy will definitely provide room and board (LOL). Young Master, do you also want to sharpen these blades?

NQ: Of course.

SS: Young Master, what is inside the box that you brought from the Academy.

NQ: Original thirteen arrows.

SS: What are Original thirteen arrows?

NQ: Weaponry.

SS: You have the blades why do you need another weapon.

NQ: Sang Sang, patience is the greatest weapon.

SS: Yes, patience is very important.

NQ: All I have left now is patience.

SS: Young Master, you hairs messy, let me comb it for you.

NQ: OK

NQ-SS separation will be from around ep 31 to at least ep 42 so two whole weeks :(.  I am looking forward to SS finding her parents, becoming a disciple of the light guy, playing chess with CPP and also counting how many times NQ thinks of or mentions SS:P .  I think recent episodes have been hinting at how smart SS is ans I can't wait to see her development.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Spoiler

When his brothers/sisters find out SS is related to hades will Ning Que be forced to fight people from Tang/Academy? 

1 hour ago, satanghaesolim said:

I love this song.

Reveal hidden contents

SS: Young Master, drink some water. Young Master when you get to the wilderness you have to ...

SS: Young Master, If you meet the enemy, you can't be like an idiot rushing to the front if you can dodge then dodge. The weather is cold now, don't sleep in draughty places, use more blankets, don't drink cold water, don't eat cold foods, if you get a bad stomach what would we do.

SS: You don't have to take silver teals, the Academy will definitely provide room and board (LOL). Young Master, do you also want to sharpen these blades?

NQ-SS separation will be from around ep 31 to at least ep 42 so two whole weeks :(.  I am looking forward to SS finding her parents, becoming a disciple of the light guy, playing chess with CPP and also counting how many times NQ thinks of or mentions SS:P .  I think recent episodes have been hinting at how smart SS is ans I can't wait to see her development.

Is this the 3rd version of the song swear ive already heard two but i like the female ver the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, satanghaesolim said:

I love this song.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow thx a lot @satanghaesolim for the translated spoiler!.

Yeah this song with male version so fit with some of the scenes, especially for ep 14 when NQ was dying, it gives me the chill and cold, maybe the same way with NQ felt that time, cold weak and a lot of pain. I think they are doing great with mix n match scene n ost.

• Like 2