Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

Sunmi soul is too pure to be a human anyway and this lotuse flower must symbolize her as a goddess or something right?

I usually beg for another otp still cut tomorrow but for the sake of my sanity please just release Mawang/ Kang dae sung still cut. I  don't want to see still cuts of Sunmi pale face and throwing up blood

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Or

#4 ~ That is all happened in SM's vision. And they work to prevent that from happening. 

I just know if that happens, I'll be so sucked into the drama it will catch me unawares even though we know to be watching for it! :D

I just hope she isn't possessed by the black dragon and that's who Oh Gong has to fight! :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, immortal_piglet said:

I don’t know if i’m being overly emotional but listening to OST track #9 - Believe makes me feel so sad, like heart-wrenching sad :’(

i don’t want this drama to end! What am i going to do with my life.

It's okay. We still can watch Son Oh Gong on SBS every Sunday (without JSM :unsure:

They better deliver epic final fight with Michael Bay's CG Dragon, or else!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

Sunmi soul is too pure to be a human anyway and this lotuse flower must symbolize her as a goddess or something right?

Does the writer plan to do this, SM with her lotus scent blood. She reminds me of goddess Guanyin, the goddess of mercy and compassion, just like JSM I think. 

Spoiler

giai-ma-y-nghia-cua-tuong-duc-quan-am-ng

Is this another hint that SM will rise as goddess. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, stargazer187 said:

Does the writer plan to do this, SM with her lotus scnet blood. She reminds me of goddess Guanyin, the goddess mercy and compassion, just like JSM I think. 

Hide contents

Is this another hint that SM will rise as goddess. :wink:

Actually, that's who I'm betting the peddler is.

• Like 4

The night vs the morning after.:love:DXPYf8nWsAEBHX2.jpg

bkX0MNoOezRf636555765460980253.jpg

https://twitter.com/_AuroraRain_/status/969356395186442242

:thumbsup:

tumblr_p4towiWeFE1wk3x03o1_1280.png

Lee Seung Gi And Oh Yeon Seo Get Adorably Domestic On Next Episode Of “Hwayugi”

With just two episodes to go, tvN’s “Hwayugi” has released adorable new stills from its upcoming episode!

The new photos from the drama appear to hint at domestic bliss, with Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seosharing a cup of tea and getting cozy on a living room sofa. Lee Seung Gi looks at Oh Yeon Seo attentively as she talks, and Oh Yeon Seo looks both giddy and pouty as she comfortably rests her head on Lee Seung Gi’s lap.

Spoiler

Lee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo-2.jpgOh-Yeon-Seo.jpgLee-Seung-Gi.jpgLee-Seung-Gi-Oh-Yeon-Seo-3.jpgOh-Yeon-Seo-2.jpgLee-Seung-Gi-2.jpg

Spoiler

On the latest episode of “Hwayugi,” Jin Sun Mi (played by Oh Yeon Seo) chased after Son Oh Gong (played by Lee Seung Gi) to dramatically confess her love. The episode ended with a passionate kiss, leading viewers to wonder if the ill-fated couple was in for a happy ending after all.

To find out what lies in store for Jin Sun Mi and Son Oh Gong, don’t miss the second-to-last episode of “Hwayugi,” which airs on March 3 at 9 p.m. KST!

Soompi

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

So happy seeing these still cuts. Seriously this drama make me have mixed feeling, daebak

• Like 5

Thanks for the post @ROJMR. The OTP is so adorable together, however we know that this is the happy calm before the storm. With cuteness like this, however, the black dragon had better be vanquished and the OTP back on a happy ending note, preferably with OG Jr. in tow in order to finish out this drama. I really don’t think I’ll be happy with anything less. :) 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, briseis said:

HD version of the morning-after stills

Hide contents

source: enews

Thank you for this awesome photo!!!

i can’t help smiling seeing this :):D

they look lovely :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pictures, thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

So this is me smiling like crazy while at work. I NEED EPISODE 19

I hope that Seon Mi becomes immortal or that the lotus scent of her blood when she met Oh Gong means that she is destined to be his bride meaning she's going to be immortal

• Like 7

Omg morning after pics! But is that shirt really supposed to be that big? son oh gong isn't that much larger than sun mi lol. Like yeah she's smaller than him, but like not by that much. haha! Still cute pics either way. I can't believe it's ending this weekend, I'm gonna miss going on instagram when i wake up to see spoilers haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

After watching the preview at some point, if you look at 0:21 to 0:23, is the blood coming out belong to OG? It came directly from him. Then his mouth opened. Am I analyzing wrong?

Maybe for SM to come back sooner, if she dies, OG would need many women chasing after him. Haha. You know how jealous she is! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The OTP is so adorable together, however we know that this is the happy calm before the storm. With cuteness like this, however, the black dragon had better be vanquished and the OTP back on a happy ending note, preferably with OG Jr. in tow in order to finish out this drama. I really don’t think I’ll be happy with anything less. :) 

I second to that! SOG Jr. Hahahaha

I'm sure that storm is coming closer. Sighh.. but this reminds me of Gary Allan's quote. "Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day"

I'm counting on drama gods to present us with HEA ending. 

• Like 7

I'm so greedy that I want Celltrion Entertainment to cast the OTP again for this big budget action drama Vagabond, 100% pre-produced. I want to see the badass OYS (not Hong Nan-ish)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/21/lee-seung-gis-agency-responds-reports-new-drama-casting/

P.S.  Praying for happy ending. I will miss this drama so much..

• Like 6

WOW It's good to see that they did not skip this morning after about that blissful night. Our OTP looks great together JSM laughing makes me at ease and my heart flutters when SOG kept on staring at her. Knowing JSM it might be SOG whom who put her head on his lap. Cheesy Great sage :wub:

Things I want for our OTP to/already  happen:

Hold hands ✔,

back hug 

SOG'S being jealous with other guys ✔,

JSM's being jealous with other girls✔,

Pat on the head✔,

saying saranghae with each other✔,

kisses ( lots of activation method)✔,

laying head on SOG's lap✔,

Still waiting for proposal, wedding scenes and of course their babies.

bkX0MNoOezRf636555765460980253.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOL 12

What I hope to see in the morning after is SOG teasing SM as always hehe

my pervert mind was even thinking him saying jjang and undress her or in the morning saying jjang and put his clothes on her :D

• LOL 9

Wow, this thread is on fire!:wub: I can't keep up, but still wanted to drop by for a few thoughts I'm curious about. Apologies if these things have already been discussed.

1. Does Asa Nyeo's scene happen first or Sun Mi's?

First, Asa Nyeo has three pedestal's with three items, and the sky appears to be overcast/cloudy.

ep19_prev3.png

Then we see Asa Nyeo with only one pedestal with the long dagger. The shadows cast by the sun are fairly slanted, but which way is east and which way west? Hard to tell if this is morning or afternoon.

Spoiler

ep19_prev2.pngep19_prev1.png

Then we see Sun Mi's confronting Kang Dae Sung, and the shadows are much straighter, indicating that the time is closer to noon.

However, Kang Dae Sung has been standing in the exact same position this whole time. Maybe the differing shadows where just an unavoidable mistake due to filming schedule...

Blood appears to be shed in both Sun Mi and Asa Nyeo's scenes (Asa Nyeo ritually, and then during Sun Mi and Kang Dae Sung's struggle), but at the start of both of their scenes the blade seems free of blood. If Asa Nyeo went first, what happens to her blood?

Even more curious, if Asa Nyeo's scene takes places first where has she disappeared to in Sun Mi's scene, and vice versa if Sun Mi's scene takes place first?

2. Sun Mi obviously gets hurt somehow, since she is coughing up blood, but did Kang Dae Sung get stabbed first?

When Sun Mi tries to slice her hand with the dagger, Kang Dae Sung tries to stop her, and next blood flies, but that is his shoulder and mouth that we see, not Sun Mi's.

ep19_prev5.png

Spoiler

ep19_prev6.png

ep19_prev7.png

3. Oh Gong's sword transforms!?

This is the Sword of Sam Jang as shown in the episode when Oh Gong first got it. We can see the maroon tsuka-ito (the threads wrapped around the hilt) as well as the habaki (sword collar) with a design of Japanese/Korean red pine tree branches. -A habaki prevents a katana from falling out of its sheath.-

swordgarden.png

That same design is seen in this still of Oh Gong:

Spoiler

fightsword1.jpg

But in these stills and the preview the design has changed. Note, the pine habaki has disappeared, and the tsuba (handguard) has changed from a somewhat more common -If I understand correctly.- Japanese design of two rings to a rarer kiku-gata (chrysanthemum shape), though in this case maybe it is supposed to be reminiscent of a lotus root or flower as seen from below...?

Spoiler

fightsword2.jpg

ep19_prev4.png

fightsword3.jpg

fightsword4.jpg

fightsword5.jpg

I don't think that these are two different weapons given that the tsuka-ito are still the same color, so what could trigger the transformation?

It is interesting to note, looking at some of those stills, that the GGG is still on Oh Gong's wrist after the sword has transformed.

What do you all think?

----

Also, I'm super glad that things are going to take a serious turn in episode 19, because that means we will have more time over two episodes to do the climax justice, and there is hope for a good number of minutes at the end of episode 20 to show us the (fingers crossed) happy lives of the protagonists after the evil has been vanquished.

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, Zelda said:

Wow, this thread is on fire!:wub: I can't keep up, but still wanted to drop by for a few thoughts I'm curious about. Apologies if these things have already been discussed.

1. Does Asa Nyeo's scene happen first or Sun Mi's?

First, Asa Nyeo has three pedestal's with three items, and the sky appears to be overcast/cloudy.

Then we see Asa Nyeo with only one pedestal with the long dagger. The shadows cast by the sun are fairly slanted, but which way is east and which way west? Hard to tell if this is morning or afternoon.

Reveal hidden contents

Then we see Sun Mi's confronting Kang Dae Sung, and the shadows are much straighter, indicating that the time is closer to noon.

However, Kang Dae Sung has been standing in the exact same position this whole time. Maybe the differing shadows where just an unavoidable mistake due to filming schedule...

Blood appears to be shed in both Sun Mi and Asa Nyeo's scenes (Asa Nyeo ritually, and then during Sun Mi and Kang Dae Sung's struggle), but at the start of both of their scenes the blade seems free of blood. If Asa Nyeo went first, what happens to her blood?

Even more curious, if Asa Nyeo's scene takes places first where has she disappeared to in Sun Mi's scene, and vice versa if Sun Mi's scene takes place first?

2. Sun Mi obviously gets hurt somehow, since she is coughing up blood, but did Kang Dae Sung get stabbed first?

When Sun Mi tries to slice her hand with the dagger, Kang Dae Sung tries to stop her, and next blood flies, but that is his shoulder and mouth that we see, not Sun Mi's.

Hide contents

3. Oh Gong's sword transforms!?

This is the Sword of Sam Jang as shown in the episode when Oh Gong first got it. We can see the maroon tsuka-ito (the threads wrapped around the hilt) as well as the habaki (sword collar) with a design of Japanese/Korean red pine tree branches. -A habaki prevents a katana from falling out of its sheath.-

That same design is seen in this still of Oh Gong:

Hide contents

But in these stills and the preview the design has changed. Note, the pine habaki has disappeared, and the tsuba (handguard) has changed from a somewhat more common -If I understand correctly.- Japanese design of two rings to a rarer kiku-gata (chrysanthemum shape), though in this case maybe it is supposed to be reminiscent of a lotus root or flower as seen from below...?

Hide contents

I don't think that these are two different weapons given that the tsuka-ito are still the same color, so what could trigger the transformation?

It is interesting to note, looking at those stills, that the GGG is still on Oh Gong's wrist after the sword has transformed.

What do you all think?

----

Also, I'm super glad that things are going to take a serious turn in episode 19, because that means we will have more time over two episodes to do the climax justice, and there is hope for a good number of minutes at the end of episode 20 to show us the (fingers crossed) happy lives of the protagonists after the evil has been vanquished.

Maybe the sword changed into from something that is intended to kill to something that is intended to save. I hope so

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Polo said:

WOW It's good to see that they did not skip this morning after about that blissful night. Our OTP looks great together JSM laughing makes me at ease and my heart flutters when SOG kept on staring at her. Knowing JSM it might be SOG whom who put her head on his lap. Cheesy Great sage :wub:

Things I want for our OTP to/already  happen:

Hold hands ✔,

back hug 

SOG'S being jealous with other guys ✔,

JSM's being jealous with other girls✔,

Pat on the head✔,

saying saranghae with each other✔,

kisses ( lots of activation method)✔,

laying head on SOG's lap✔,

Still waiting for proposal, wedding scenes and of course their babies.

^^^^ We already have had 2 wedding scenes (Ep2 and Ep9), 2 proposals (Ep 9 and Ep12), and according to ASN's definition of marriage... that happened too. :) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3