Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

So curious to see what emotions DH is instructed to convey towards JA as written on the script.

Me too.

Like in Episode 9, when they stared at each other from across the street

PDH : (stare at LJA, longingly? Curiously? Just don't blink and let's play with the audience's feelings?)

Also PDH's many "..." lines. 

How it's really written in the script? Do they have more instructions added?

So much to discover...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

We may be seeing IU's return to dramaland much sooner than later after My Ajusshi. 

IU eyes a new Hong sister project for her comeback,

by tineybeanie

iu_honghong.jpeg

On December 4, IU’s (My Ajusshi) agency revealed that she had received an offer to star in the Hong sisters’ next project. However, she’s received a lot of other scripts as well, and hasn’t made her final decision.

The Hong sisters (Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran) are a screenwriting power sibling duo, who have been known for classic Hallyu hits like My Girl and cult favorites like You’re Beautiful. Their most recent work was Hwayugi, a fantasy rom-com adaptation of Ming dynasty Chinese novel Journey to the West starring Lee Seung-gi and Cha Seung-won.

Read the rest: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/iu-eyes-a-new-hong-sister-project-for-her-comeback/

50 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

Man I miss this forum. 

I miss all the old regulars, too. :tears:

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

More awards for 'My Ahjussi'. Yay!! Very well deserved. Thanks to everyone for posting the updates and photos/videos.

For those wishing to participate in a Fan vote please go to koreandrama.org They have a vote for Best Drama of 2018. Apparently 'My Mister' got through the preliminary round to the final voting of Top 8 dramas. Currently it is next to last in votes with 364 or so votes (just behind 'Mr. Sunshine'). The first place has more than 6000 votes. You can vote once a day until the end of December. Let's help move our drama up the rankings!

• Like 6

There is a television commercial in the US for SimpliSafe that talks about 'hygge' (the Danish and Norwegian term for comfort in a family home).  I immediately thought of the beautiful composition that was posted here regarding HoogyHugye by @africandramalover. Did the writers of the ad read this forum or our fansite? I was so excited when I saw that ad.

I have watched several new kdramas in the past few months. Good shows to pass the time but nothing like MA so far. I did like 'The Beauty Inside'. It gave a different perspective to love because the male character cannot recognize faces (done before in another drama) and the female character changes into another person's body once a month for about a week. It was heartwarming to see how the male lead 'recognized' the female lead even when she wasn't 'herself' and how she felt that someone really 'knew' her for the first time since this started happening to her. Even if you don't watch the whole thing try to watch episode 9. It was touching and funny. The best episode of the series. The final episode was not satisfying (except for one scene at the beach) although it was the ending I was hoping for.

The new show 'The Encounter' has caught my eye. It seems promising. And so does 'Fates and Furies'. 'Twelve Nights' putters along slowly and the pacing reminds me of MA. There are time jumps of 5 and 3 years where the main leads don't seem to contact each other but still have feelings for each other. Hard to believe but I keep watching to see what happens.

'

• Like 5

3 hours ago, widala said:

I'm just gonna put this here

This should have come with a warning. Wow! LSK should always do his hair this way. When did this shoot happen, by the way?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

When did this shoot happen, by the way?

I'm not sure... But since it could be as a promo for the movie PMC, the shoot probably happened fairly recent...

• Like 3

On 12/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, popai5 said:

There is a television commercial in the US for SimpliSafe that talks about 'hygge' (the Danish and Norwegian term for comfort in a family home).  I immediately thought of the beautiful composition that was posted here regarding HoogyHugye by @africandramalover. Did the writers of the ad read this forum or our fansite? I was so excited when I saw that ad.

I have watched several new kdramas in the past few months. Good shows to pass the time but nothing like MA so far. I did like 'The Beauty Inside'. It gave a different perspective to love because the male character cannot recognize faces (done before in another drama) and the female character changes into another person's body once a month for about a week. It was heartwarming to see how the male lead 'recognized' the female lead even when she wasn't 'herself' and how she felt that someone really 'knew' her for the first time since this started happening to her. Even if you don't watch the whole thing try to watch episode 9. It was touching and funny. The best episode of the series. The final episode was not satisfying (except for one scene at the beach) although it was the ending I was hoping for.

The new show 'The Encounter' has caught my eye. It seems promising. And so does 'Fates and Furies'. 'Twelve Nights' putters along slowly and the pacing reminds me of MA. There are time jumps of 5 and 3 years where the main leads don't seem to contact each other but still have feelings for each other. Hard to believe but I keep watching to see what happens.

'

I like encounter as my next series . People are complaining that it’s slow but that’s the beauty of such dramas. Slow, melancholy and it takes you to a different world. 

What is fates and furies about ?

• Like 3

Spoiler

New song featuring our Korean Disney princess release today!

Bonus. So we can appreciate IU Team who stick by IU side when IU was going through difficult time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

Reveal hidden contents

New song featuring our Korean Disney princess release today!

Bonus. So we can appreciate IU Team who stick by IU side when IU was going through difficult time.

I noticed that LSK recently talked about My Mister and his award from Korean Culture on KBS2 TV. Do you mind to upload it or perhaps anyone who understand Korean resuming it for us (non-Korean speaking background)?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

On 12/8/2018 at 9:09 AM, roseariel said:

I noticed that LSK recently talked about My Mister and his award from Korean Culture on KBS2 TV. Do you mind to upload it or perhaps anyone who understand Korean resuming it for us (non-Korean speaking background)?

Here's the interview

YouTube link

https://youtu.be/vJdUfItso9Y

But, no subtitles or translation yet :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The part about MA was so short. Disappointed.

Spoiler

LSG: PMC means Pizza, Drinks, Chicken. Hahaha...

5 hours ago, roseariel said:

Hi @roseariel

These two articles seem to have what you are looking for. Unfortunately our resident Korean speakers have moved on, so you'd have to rely on google translate:

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=55997#09Pr

http://www.speconomy.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=131525

From what I could gather, he probably was talking about how frustrating it was to portray Dong Hoon the character, because he is repressed and shows so little emotion. Here's an excerpt from LSK and IU's only interview together, the one they did for the Japanese release of My Ajusshi:

LSK: (in a small voice) The truth is, I couldn’t grasp my character very well at the start, hahaha. The director said to act what was in the script, but that was extremely frustrating. Whether it was my expressions or delivering my lines, it required me to do nothing which was confusing.

From the viewer’s point of view Dong Hoon did feel a little frustrating.

LSK:  I who was playing Dong Hoon was the most frustrated. (wry smile)

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/iu-dong-hoons-first-smile-made-me-want-to-cry/

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@sadiesmithThanks for helping me. You're so kind. I love My Mister and curious about the interview. What attracted me to watch it were merely because of the story line and (of course) the oozing chemistry between the leads (LSK & IU). I've watched many K-Dramas and was quite taken aback by this unlikely pairing. In my opinion, if only he were single or they didn't have a large age gap issue, then maybe we would see them working together in another project (as leads). 

Edited by roseariel
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, roseariel said:

@sadiesmithThanks for helping me. You're so kind. I love My Mister and curious about the interview. What attracted me to watch it were merely because of the story line and (of course) the oozing chemistry between the leads (LSK & IU). I've watched many K-Dramas and was quite taken aback by this unlikely pairing. In my opinion, if only he were single or they didn't have a large age gap issue, then maybe we would see them working together in another project (as leads). 

@roseariel, it's safe to say many of us were shocked by how well this pairing worked and how flawless this drama is. Did you just watch it recently?

I was thinking again to what LSK confessed about the difficulty expressing the expressionless Dong Hoon. It's a testament to his amazing skills that Park Dong Hoon did not come out wooden at all.

@dotonly, this was the first time LSK was asked about My Ajusshi in an interview in South Korea. I wonder if it was so short because they're still being super careful about avoiding any controversies.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I was thinking again to what LSK confessed about the difficulty expressing the expressionless Dong Hoon. It's a testament to his amazing skills that Park Dong Hoon did not come out wooden at all.

Thanks @sadiesmith

I was wondering why the director worry about his "wrinkle" (in the video he touched his forehead between his eyebrows) and his "irritated image"... But reading your post, I kind of understand the meaning.

In his other projects he tended to emoting his characters animatedly, often lifting his eyebrows that made his forehead wrinkled. But in MA, PDH's forehead was always (cmiiw) smooth, well maybe just a few lines between the eyebrows when he was very emotional, like when LJA confessed to him in ep 10...

Could it be that PDH's "wipe forehead" gesture is LSK unconsciously checking if his forehead wrinkled? Haha no, just kidding...

I love the little habitual gestures LSK added to make PDH more alive...

15 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@dotonly, this was the first time LSK was asked about My Ajusshi in an interview in South Korea. I wonder if it was so short because they're still being super careful about avoiding any controversies

Now that you've mentioned it, it was his first tv interview after MA, wasn't it? 

Elle awards interview was just a few seconds, and the other interviews to promote PMC he did with HJW, so I don't think those really count...

Are the people in SK still bothered by controversies? About the age gap thing? After all these months and those awards?

I mean there are other drama leads with large age gap with obvious romantic notion...

It's funny that people keep saying that MA is just a healing drama with platonic relationship between the leads, but bothered by the pairing. It's like they kind of admitted that there are something more between PDH and LJA than just friends....

What's more funny is these negative sentiments seems to leak off screen.

No interviews or photoshoot like they did for Japanese audiences. No attending award show together. No selfies or sending supportive coffe trucks. Like, LSK and LJE are not allowed to be in the same place together unless 15.000 other people are with them...

Sorry, I'm rambling. Maybe I'm just overreacted...

Anyway...

Spoiler

Have you guys seen Oh Na Ra (Jung Hee) new drama "Skycastle"?

It's a very good drama. The story tells about rich families who are obsessed about their children education, they would do almost anything even sacrificing the happiness of the children.

The veteran actors are good and the rookies who played the children (middle school and high school) are also good.

Recommended :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@roseariel, it's safe to say many of us were shocked by how well this pairing worked and how flawless this drama is. Did you just watch it recently?

@dotonly, this was the first time LSK was asked about My Ajusshi in an interview in South Korea. I wonder if it was so short because they're still being super careful about avoiding any controversies.

@sadiesmith No, I watched it as the same time as it was aired on TV. Actually, I picked MM randomly and end up falling in love with. I'm sorry to say this, but I've observed some of interviews from LSK that he stated he is usually don't treat his juniors special. Besides, he was kinda awkward in attending award ceremony with his female co-stars in the past (I assumed he is more comfortable with his wife since he's married). So, I guess this has been set up too (LSK & IU not attending any awards together or doing any photoshoot/interview post MM) to avoid unnecessary rumours and people will forget it soon after they landed with new project respectively. To be honest, have you ever watched award ceremony attending by co-stars arm-in-arm with large age gap issue in Korea? Even Mr. Sunshine co-stars also have never attended award ceremony together. 

Edited by roseariel
  • Like 4