[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

On 1/24/2019 at 10:27 PM, justamom said:

I hate to make the comparison, but does anyone else see the similarities?

Haha, I don't even want to think about it :sweatingbullets:

On 1/26/2019 at 7:17 AM, ann04 said:

And has anyone else been catching up on SKY Castle? Officially the highest rating cable program now. Such an amazing feat. 

Im on episode 9 at the moment but its taking longer for me to get hooked. Im still going to finish this regardless though. 

When the announcement about Sky Castle came out, I don't really interested on watching it. But I decided to try at least the first episode to support Oh Na Ra (Jung Hee). Turned out the drama is very good!

Is Sky Castle qualified for Baeksang this year, according to broadcasting date (Nov 2018 - Jan 2019)?

If so, then My Ahjussi will have a very strong competition, besides Mr. Sunshine...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

An essay on Dramabeans comparing Korean dramas to old Victorian serials and how viewers affect the course of the storytelling:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/serialized-stories-and-the-viewer-voice/

SERIAL_2.jpg

A drama like 2018’s My Ajusshi is a prime example. It faced immediate criticism even before airing due to the 20-year age gap between stars IU and Lee Sun-kyun.

The production went to great lengths to convince the public that the story was not a romance, and The Korea Herald reported that in order to assuage viewer criticism, the production team chose to self-censor some of its content. It was reported that though producer Kim Won-suk was “not fully content with the moves,” they self-censored and kept with the original message of the drama as best as they could.

Read more.

• Like 6

I noticed that a lot of My Ahjussi videos with English subtitles (mostly subbed by IUteamstarcandy), like behind the scenes and vlive interview, are no longer available :tears:

I wonder why...

Is it because copyright problem?

But, some of the videos are still available...

It's just so sad... 

Although the original behind the scene videos are available on TVN YouTube channel, but as an international fans who doesn't understand Korean, I really appreciate those subbed videos...

And, I can't find any video on My Ahjussi press conference (sub or no sub) anywhere...

Maybe, if you guys have links that work, please share them here...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

HK Open TV is airing My Mister. 

hkopentv_zpseywdesda.png

It might interfere with the artistic quality of each episode, but they edited the 1-hour-plus episodes into 45-minute episodes. And!! The series is dubbed in Cantonese. However, the live streaming is only open to those on site in Hong Kong. 

I also found this on Youtube, not sure if it has been shared here before, since it was first posted four months ago. I like the caution that we should respect the residents in this nice neighbourhood.

I wish I could watch Skycastle. One day I will and join you all at the thread. Right now, I will have to make do with another "spy" movie "Operation Finale".

On 1/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, justamom said:

I hate to make the comparison, but does anyone else see the similarities?

James’s new hero Maxim inherits his family’s noble title after a tragedy. “It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face,” said Arrow. “But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past. Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name.”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jan/24/el-james-returns-with-passionate-new-romance-the-mister

YES! Maxim is the name of Lee Ji An's favourite coffee. That is why *the* mister is called Maxim. Ah, so obvious...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, oldschooler said:

It might interfere with the artistic quality of each episode, but they edited the 1-hour-plus episodes into 45-minute episodes. And!! The series is dubbed in Cantonese. However, the live streaming is only open to those on site in Hong Kong. 

They dubbed over LSK's voice? Sacrilege!!

Thanks for sharing that youtube video. Never saw that before. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I miss it, too.

My mixtape function on Youtube Music played "Dear Moon" today during my daily fight with the traffic jam and I started tearing up.

I feel like this show will never completely fade in our hearts, this warm + bittersweet feeling.

It's sad that many of the subbed versions are disappearing. I hope Viki picks it up someday.

• Like 6

For whom missed my ahjussi :blush:

This uploader made a beautiful editing seems he/she made it related to the circumstances or by the topics.

Very nice and simple for we who love this drama but didn't have much time to engage in front of tv for 1 hour to spend 

I really enjoyed even without sub. because 90% of the conversation still embedded in my mind and i felt refreshed because i just have to concentration in the actors  acting.

Jian..gratitude 

Jian...learn a live lesson from dear Ahjussi.

• Like 5

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!!!

@Yana Mujay Thank you for posting all those video clips! I really appreciated the video of IU singing the Christmas song. I thought of the lyrics "in your eyes, in your face, in the way you hold my hand".  It reminded me of the ending of MA. How DH smiled so brightly and how tightly he held JA's hands. That song was very nice.

@widala Thank you also for all your clips! I don't know where you find them but I really get my MA addiction fed by all your hard work. That clip of LSK singing 10 years ago is priceless!

@oldschooler your observations are always mind-blowing. JA's wind-swept look does look like the young orphan in Les Mis. Thank you for your words regarding my attempts at being creative. I was hesitant to post them but I love you guys and MA so much that I felt comfortable in sharing. I thinking of writing something from DH's perspective next.

I knew I could write what I wanted yet feel safe in this sanctuary of MA love.

@Joseph Lim Thanks for sharing IU singing 'The Station'. I like the song. It really grows on you.

@sadiesmith Thanks for finding and sharing all these articles. They also help to feed my MA addiction.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!  Can you believe it is almost one year since MA started airing?

I can start watching 'Sky Castle'. It has started to show on Viki. Hooray!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, popai5 said:

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!!!

@Yana Mujay Thank you for posting all those video clips! I really appreciated the video of IU singing the Christmas song. I thought of the lyrics "in your eyes, in your face, in the way you hold my hand".  It reminded me of the ending of MA. How DH smiled so brightly and how tightly he held JA's hands. That song was very nice.

@widala Thank you also for all your clips! I don't know where you find them but I really get my MA addiction fed by all your hard work. That clip of LSK singing 10 years ago is priceless!

@oldschooler your observations are always mind-blowing. JA's wind-swept look does look like the young orphan in Les Mis. Thank you for your words regarding my attempts at being creative. I was hesitant to post them but I love you guys and MA so much that I felt comfortable in sharing. I thinking of writing something from DH's perspective next.

I knew I could write what I wanted yet feel safe in this sanctuary of MA love.

@Joseph Lim Thanks for sharing IU singing 'The Station'. I like the song. It really grows on you.

@sadiesmith Thanks for finding and sharing all these articles. They also help to feed my MA addiction.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!  Can you believe it is almost one year since MA started airing?

I can start watching 'Sky Castle'. It has started to show on Viki. Hooray!

@popai5B)popai5you're welcome

I bet i will grateful when this post could upload with my old user name@YanaMujay:wub:

Does soompi supports  team has been recovering my account?

:joy:I think no...

But poppai5, you can tag my name...:grin:

Other soompier says couldn't.

• Like 4

It's been 10 months since My Ajusshi ended. If anyone is missing IU, the wait is almost over as she has decided on her next drama:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/iu-yeo-jin-gu-confirm-lead-roles-in-hong-sisters-fantasy-drama/

Sounds like a great departure from her Lee Ji An, so it will be very interesting to see her transformation.

• Like 5