Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

2 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

I thought the Caution: Electricity sign was exclusive to the Ep 14 farewell phone call, but I see it on the far right in the Ep 10 confession scene. And it's not just a momentary thingy. (Go rewatch this scene, haha) *gasp*

I think this sign indicates that Dong Hoon's emotions are running dangerously high. Any thoughts?

Definitely running dangerously high.  Isn't this the first time he hears her tell him that she likes him?  And that he might like her too?  Yeah, man is all stirred up inside.  One of my favorite scenes.

Changing course a little, here's another evidence that the moon is indeed more than just something grandma loves.  We've already discussed how the lyrics of Dear Moon seems to point to the moon as Ji An's light, which is obviously embodied by Dong Hoon.  The PD confirmed this interpretation with the moon's appearance during DH's fight with Kwang Il.  Strangely the moon does not appear in episode 9, only in episode 10.

5CHjIx5zlB2s5XH8VU11w21HgUpdctxC0GgaBcnTOQdddC1Ta-1RKPN3yGCHDwz6KPOFTlrUMSGxScbHERG32UgjU0bWnZWHy5RpnM6xnS3JlMYpyEDl4cIWSfX5Phr6j93t-5-h

lNZ-AAqORSQvFBes629fz0Jvc1Srw_tKSFcSa2l-aed6gG3UWQyFQ2lOGAlZ-3mJkKdvgw0-76qf2WdH4WmDGsPCw8QshOYAMD6oMhUp2am5tKQA3ZGJGgb4VmKZ67WTSIkt7M4_

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@africandramalover, I really enjoyed your analysis.  Coincidentally my rewatch took me to episode 15 last night and I saw the same details you did, although I did not make as many connections as you were able to.  :)

21 hours ago, africandramalover said:

If the wallpapers are contrasted, does it mean that JA now has open access to DH, as opposed to before where she saw him through the wiretap? Does she now have "legal" / open access to him (the board walk) as opposed to the wiretap (the sun behind the tree)? Later when she meets him at the café, she hears his voice "without using any channels"....

@mushroomsoupie made a very good observation about the contrasting wall papers mirroring what the chairman told DH earlier in the episode.  We even put it up as a post here: https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/06/24/ji-an-coming-into-full-light/

•  JA puts the phone down and closes her eyes and we see a tear run down her face. I think this is the first tear she's shed in the entire show. She didn't even cry the two times she was beaten by gangster. JH asks her why she is crying. Obviously she cant say.

Well, she did have a good cry at the end of episode 9 when DH beat up Kwang Il on her behalf. 

• Ji An chooses OK to begin the uninstall option and the program is deleted. This is as he's crossed the Railtrack and the train metaphorically cuts their communication.... I almost fainted seeing this.

And I almost fainted reading this.  I saw the train and all I remember was asking myself if we ever see the actual train cross any other time in the show.  Your conclusion is brilliant.  

Do you notice the same kind of directorial feat in your other favorite drama?  

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Well, she did have a good cry at the end of episode 9 when DH beat up Kwang Il on her behalf. 

How on earth did I forget that moment!!! hahahahaha!

56 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Do you notice the same kind of directorial feat in your other favorite drama?

My other drama had its own layers. The music pieces chosen had such a history to them that tied directly to the two protagonists story in a way that nothing else could have explained their relationship. By the time I was done reading analyses from classical music experts, I knew things about classical music I would never have cared about. When I hear classical music, all I think about is Oh Hye Won and Lee Seon Jae.

Each director added more padding to the story in their own way that makes the difference between the two dramas and every other drama ever done.

On my school break, I intend to rewatch every episode, analyze every scene in this drama and take extensive notes to learn what it takes to write a good story. That should keep my two weeks busy enough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are like a hawk !! How do you even come to know about this ??

i was about to mention here if anyone knows why LSK is in hibernation !!

IU is on my insta feed every other day doing concerts. If it was just bc of controversy I am sure she would not have been  so out there.  And she sings Sondia in these concerts which obviously means korean audience loves it.

I don’t know why LSK is not milking it. He gave a performance of his life and he choose to then go into hiding. Either he is the type who does not believe in media circus or korean movie actors are bit toned down on these fan meeting and all.

I know he is not your typical k drama hero but at least give us airport pic of you moving somewhere. That should satisfy some of us !!!!

And how  young he looks in that Japan interview. I should applaud the make up artist for making him look older in the drama. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

I keep trying the links but I think theyre broken/deleted due to magazing copyright. But I do remember seeing a translated quote in one of the pics, IU said along these lines, “DH is a man you can’t help to fall in love with.”  I just wanted to verify if that was actually what was said? I mean if it’s correct, that’s like ittttt already :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

@ann04 If you've read @justamom's translation of the HaruHana interview, then yes, she did say something along those lines. And LSK called IU his Lee Ji An. I basically died there.

Here's the translated interview: https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2018/08/03/lee-seon-gyun-shes-my-lee-ji-an/

Yes I have read that post thank you :) what I meant was the one in the link, there was those individual quotes and that’s one of them. Im annoyed I didn’t take a screenshot of it but I couldn't quite believe what I read. Hopefully we get the rest of the translation of the magazine when it comes out 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ann04 said:

I keep trying the links but I think theyre broken/deleted due to magazing copyright. But I do remember seeing a translated quote in one of the pics, IU said along these lines, “DH is a man you can’t help to fall in love with.”  I just wanted to verify if that was actually what was said? I mean if it’s correct, that’s like ittttt already :wub:

I think the quote translates to “There’s no reason she wouldn’t like Dong Hoon.”  

Not quite as romantic as we'd like.  Lol.

• Like 6

On 8/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, arctichare said:

Umm????

Honestly the pose is so awkward but!!!

Yiiiiieeee so sweet ...Hahhhaha

Are those their authographs below ???????  :o

• Like 6

This drama is so good. I just finished it and it's probably my all-time favorite K drama now. Feels. I'm happy I learned about this forum. I'm just gonna back read a lot, for now, to continue savoring the feelings I felt watching My Mister.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, widala said:

So glad to see the gang hang out together :wub:

I miss them...

But where are the two people we want to see the most?  I think LSK and LJE hang out with the rest of the cast (although not as often especially for LJE given her commitments as IU)  but they probably have an agreement to keep those meetings under wraps to avoid further controversy. Hence, the strange lack of photos,  even personal ones like this one in Oh Na Ra's IG.  I mean,  come on.  It's just too weird that they all became close and keep in touch but everyone else hangs out together regularly except them. :huh:

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, aimark said:

This drama is so good. I just finished it and it's probably my all-time favorite K drama now. Feels. I'm happy I learned about this forum. I'm just gonna back read a lot, for now, to continue savoring the feelings I felt watching My Mister.

Welcome to my ajhussi rabbit hole !!!! We have been camping here since the drama ended and it feels almost impossible to move on. I have even read all the fanfic thrice from start to end !!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Nooooooooooooooo......they are getting more and more touchy !!! Did we watch the same drama !???????

My heart would have exploded if these pic had come during live show broadcast. I can now handle them acting all close since the storm has passed and everything is calm in my mind in my ajhussi compartment block!!!

But still why are they making it so obvious that they are a couple ?? What happened to the ambiguity ... did we all just crack our head for nothing ?? I wish they make a Japanese remake with LSK and put in loads of kisses !!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

So @justamom has been spending time over on DC Inside Gallery lately and today she dug up this treasure:

There are all these golden insights that keep popping up on DC Inside, even today

e.g. apparently the two scenes of Ji An staying with Jeong Hee - calendar in the back shows February in the first, and April in the second, meaning it's been at least 1 month since Dong Hoon avoided Jeong Hee's bar.

Dong Hoon's embarrassed look when Ji An asked to buy him a meal. Someone was speculating that he'd heard Do Joon Yeong's comment "if he eats and drinks with you it means he likes you." Because during the trial, he would definitely have attended and that would have been a crucial piece of evidence.

-----------------
Can anyone make out what's on the calendar on these two scenes?  What do you guys think?
MbaGS3qKLMkjOzARKtdPYjkMN8vciJ4OBFX5kOiLMQwt4P6u909sBWcj78ZxxSRI2vxYT11srIpXnW_NOQ5M4QxaG4tBexlkhOr0GI4R5pazXKea7snTg_SUHEf3lMS2cYFxBnbJ

g1K8uMI_t1TsauQXnpqd82ADK-EPVw6cx8ac1v4pCzgbeTHBl7yj2Hsh-Nr5M1-IJJVitVkjxB-__cSfol3vcbKOm9OrMLMiuzyEQFWjCEHyvt35Wwdm1bpaNv1XwykL1jAzxRGk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 4:03 PM, Joseph Lim said:

Where can I find the full-taped interview from Mnet Bang (picture above depicted LSK and LJE answered the questions)? I'm curious about the questions which had been asked to them. Please help me, guys :)

Edited by Guest
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)