[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

This drama is airing now in Malaysia.. sk air it on wed n thurs while here we watch it on thurs n friday..how cool is that? :D

i even record every episodes so that i can watch it everytime i want

ahhh i’m so gonna miss ysh n csb..love them so much!!! :(

1 hour ago, ifrommalaysia said:

i am very glad that a lot of people like this drama so much..seriously this drama is very interesting and deserved to get an award... most importantly the award for best couple....PD nim please give us the best of adorable and romantic moment for jia a and min kyu next week...it will be the best gift for us for 2018... 

Yes,juseyoooo pd nim..for the final week,we need more from these two pleaseee

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

13 Adorable And Hilarious Moments From “I Am Not A Robot”

i-am-not-a-robot-1.jpg

MBC’s hit drama “I Am Not a Robot,” starring Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin, has given viewers plenty of moments that produce warm and fuzzy feels or fits of hysterical laughter. During the first half of the drama, we watched as Jo Ji Ah (Chae Soo Bin) pretended to be the robot-modeled-after-her, Aji 3, and grow close to Kim Min Kyu (Yoo Seung Ho), who suffers from an ailment where he breaks out in a rash upon human-contact. There have been plenty of ridiculous antics on the part of both leads, as Min Kyu tries to teach his new robot, and Ji Ah must successfully hide that she’s human.

With hidden identities, a selfish heir, a robot who isn’t a robot, and a motley group of side-characters, this drama is filled with plenty of comedy and flowery romance. 

Warning: Spoilers Ahead!

Spoiler

Cat. Master. Cat.

I-am-not-a-robot-cat-master.gif

Ji Ah isn’t completely on her own while pretending to be Aji 3. The team of scientists in charge of the project gave her special contacts and an ear piece that connect her to Aji 3’s system and allow the robot to in turn learn from her experiences. Ji Ah copying Aji 3’s reactions can produce some hilarious moments — like the time she can’t identify Min Kyu when he wears a cat mask.

Delivery girl

i-am-not-a-robot-delivery.gif

Min Kyu and Ji Ah actually have an unfriendly first encounter, before she even assumes the robot’s identity. She tracks down goods requested by customers and delivers them, but when a delivery for Min Kyu goes wrong, he refuses to pay the delivery fee… and Ji Ah doesn’t take it too well.

Robot meets master

i-am-not-a-robot-meeting.gif

Fake-robot meet Master, a.k.a. the customer Ji Ah threatened and attacked shortly before she assumed Aji 3’s identity. Eek!

Pretty

I-am-not-a-robot-date.gif

Aji 3 isn’t Min Kyu’s first electronic. He has a whole series of cleaning robots that he calls “Pretty” and assigns corresponding numbers to indicate their worth. In order to get her own special nickname, Ji Ah has to prove herself! The nickname “Pretty” shows up a lot: from a plaque for her room to a hat they find at a street stall.

The cure

i-am-not-a-robot-joy.gif

Min Kyu and Aji 3 go out on the town, and low-and-behold he doesn’t have a bad reaction to the crowd! He can only assume that this is thanks to Ji Ah’s companionship. His subsequent joy produces one of the cutest scenes in the drama!

Ji Ah’s temper

i-am-not-a-robot-yelling.gif

Ji Ah’s got a temper, and when her new master pushes her too far, she completely goes off. Very unbecoming of a robot…

i-am-not-a-robot-shocked.gif

The reactions of the science team members observing Ji Ah are gold.

Forehead chu

I-am-not-a-robot-kiss.gif

The forehead kiss. THE FOREHEAD KISS. So cute!

How to get the girl

i-am-not-a-robot-falling.gif

Min Kyu is trying to romance a childhood friend, but he knows nothing about love. Ji Ah brings in her friend Sun Hye (Lee Min Ji), a self-proclaimed love-expert, who tries to show Min Kyu how to break the “friend” barrier using the K-drama “catch the girl” cliche. Ji Ah becomes a test trial and… oh dear, is someone falling in love?

Operation Mode, Friend Mode

I-am-not-a-robot-mode.gif

Aji 3 only has one mode — Operation Mode — but after her outburst, the team has to think fast, and thus, Friend Mode is created! Now, whenever Ji Ah slips out of character, she’s got the perfect excuse.

The magic umbrella

i-am-not-a-robot-magic-umbrella.gif

Ji Ah and Min Kyu share a cute moment in the rain, looking up through a transparent umbrella. It sparks Min Kyu’s imagination, and he creates a special umbrella that goes from a solid color to transparent, and back again. Where can I buy one of these?

Old food and bathroom woes

i-am-not-a-robot-bathroom.gif

There are so many hilarious moments in “I Am Not a Robot” that it’s hard to choose a favorite. However, one of the top scenes has to be the scientist team fighting for the bathroom after they eat expired curry. At the same time, Ji Ah (who also ate the curry) farts in Min Kyu’s presence and convinces him that he must be the culprit since she’s a robot.

Battery power

i-am-not-a-robot-battery.gif

Here’s another perk of being a robot! Min Kyu’s spent most of his life building a giant house of cards. When Ji Ah accidentally knocks it down while cleaning, she announces that she’s out of power and shuts down. Talk about quick thinking! If only we could all get out of awkward situations like that…

The kiss

After rehearsing the “catch” with Aji 3, Min Kyu tries to recreate the same event with his lady love all in the hopes of creating the perfect chance to kiss. Things don’t go his way, and he catches the robot again, who decides to make her own special moment: their first on-the-lips kiss!

I-am-not-a-robot-first-kiss.gif

Incomplete .gif! You didn’t think I’d actually spoil the whole scene, did you?

What are your favorite scenes from “I Am Not a Robot”? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to catch up on all the episodes on Rakuten VIKI!

Watch Now

heytoto currently teaches ELL in Seoul, South Korea, and can usually be found sipping a latte and wondering how Min Kyu never figured out Aji 3 was human.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/19/12-adorable-hilarious-moments-first-half-not-robot/

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, haney207 said:

waaaaaaaaa great news :w00t: I'm soooooooooo happy!! :D thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :heart: 

4 hours ago, paperboat04 said:

Aren't they adorable? :wub::wub::wub:

no...they are supper adorable :wub::wub::wub::D 

4 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Both are so cute :wub: Too bad next week is already the last week :( Love the last two episodes so much!! MK is so cute asking JA to tell him everything :D YSH is really adorable.. I must say, being already much much older, I rarely like young actors.. only a few that I really like. I found young actors still need more experiences to improve their acting. But YSH is really good! He can be so cute even with his eyes beinh cute, and he can be so mellow with his eyes showing sadness. 

totally agree with you!! he can be so cute but can be also swoony and mellow!! :thumbsup::heart: 

9 hours ago, macello said:

Hey guys!!

I've been a lurker for far too long (way before this drama even started airing), but I just can't help it. I hope I'm not too late?

Anyway, I've been thinking for the past day about the significance of the scenes with the coffee and the phone call with Dr. Oh. Is this a foreshadowing that he might have another severe allergic reaction? :fearful: I'm kinda hoping YC sees it. Look at what you did to MK! He must regret, ask forgiveness then they can try to rebuild whatever relationship they have lost. Of course the hurt party will always bear the scar, so I'd like to see him make it up to MK. Maybe betray his father? Also, I'd like to see RE and MK hang out and just talk over a few drinks. I think they'd make great besties. And please just let the Jo family have a bonding time with MK and the Santa Maria team, with all the awkwardness at first and forgiveness then banter, and the baby!

There's still so much I want to see, but there's only 2 hours left :bawling::bawling:. Please let all the company shenanigans be resolved within 30 minutes, or add one more episode (if possible) to have time for MK's recovery, and more cuteness?

I've only started binge watching K dramas last October, mostly saeguk, and I rarely finish them. But because of YSH in Ruler I haven't gotten out of dramaland since. I blame his aura, and his voice, and his acting. Also, the eyes! How can one be so gifted to have great talent on top of his looks, and voice, and eyes, and personality? He's now at the top of my Watchlist, and the only Korean at that.

I was so skeptical about IANAR at first, especially if the main leads will have chemistry. I'm glad to prove myself wrong, because CSB's just so bubbly she's perfect with YSH! They might be the only OTP I'll ever ship in real life. :heart:

Edit: I'll come back and watch the MVs some time. I just can't get enough of them!

Hi chingu!! welcome and there is no late time to joining the fun :wink: 

no there is no other allergy there only Min Kyu's human allery can't be fully trusted to be cured since it's psychological (it depends on Min Kyu's sense of security) that's why the doctor told him he needs to think of it as his friend and live with it!! 

I hope so too :wub: and I think we can have all the wishes you listed by the final episode (hopefully) :D 

oh...welcome welcome chingu :D I thought I'd recommand ruler for you reading that you were watching sageuk dramas only to see that you actually fell for him because of it hhhhhhhhh and totally agree with your every word :heart: 

hhhhhhhhhh happy you proved yourself wrong then :wink::D 

2 hours ago, watiemacyleo said:

This drama is airing now in Malaysia.. sk air it on wed n thurs while here we watch it on thurs n friday..how cool is that? :D

really?!! that's great news indeed!! I feel so happy seeing how our drama is loved!! :wub: 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

one more vid this week.

not sure why, but I've been raiding my k-indie library a lot lately....

can't seem to think of any English songs that fit the emotional beats of this show. 

Note: translation in cc, a bit less literal than usual (I found it particularly tricky so I'm open to suggestions for improvement).

PS: did not include my favorite scene (laughing just after kiss) because the most precious present is best felt unopened.

Consider me a fan of yours :heart:

Edited by Berou
please don't quote videos , thanks :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

I can't stop replying ep. 27 hahaha. It is only one scene of MK-JA talking and making up for about 20 minutes I guess, but it is really worth to watch! This reminds me of one scene in W where Kang Chul had a tense convo with the writer and it lasted quite long but so impressive. Indeed IANAR is a drama produced by the same director so he might come up with the similar idea.

One thing I notice about that single scene is that the scene is crafted in different stages with different OSTs fitting the situation perfectly.

1. JA ran into MK in that so-amazingly-shot location. There was a feel of relief, happiness, longing or yeah whatever you name it which is accompanied by OST part 3; Kim Yeon Ji.

2. MK tried to remember all the things JA did as Aji3 and started to realize how clueless he was. This scene is brought to us with OST part 2; Stella Jang which really fits this funny part.

3. JA shared everything honestly to MK. She told about how she was feeling and stuff. MK started smiling showing how happy he was when knowing about it all. This scene is using OST part 4; Damsonegongbang.

4. MK realized how he might not be able to touch JA and he didn't want JA to suffer due to this matter. This part is so tense. He tried to apply that noble idiocy trope but JA, uri brave girl, complained and finally said the magic words; Saranghaeee. MK went back and gently kissed her. This part is using OST part 5; Juniel.

5. MK took JA home with his bright smile all over the place. And then the you-go-first-no-you-first saga takes place. Omooo so giggling-able. LOL. This part comes with the latest OST part 6; Vincent Blue.

Aah I really love all the OSTs and really salute the crew for fitting them perfectly with this single scene serving different emotional stages. :heart:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

javabeans

I’m Not a Robot: To be honest I’m not very excited about the offerings at the moment, but I am glad to have this show around in this cycle, which makes me happy when Wednesday rolls around and there’s a new episode to watch, and then makes me sad on Thursdays when I have another week to wait again. The scheming corporate plotline is a bit eye-rolly (but thankfully only told in brief bursts), but the emotions are played so sincerely that I’m all in with the characters, from our leads down to their bumbling posse.

girlfriday

I’m Not a Robot: It was really hard to watch Yoo Seung-ho’s heart get ripped out repeatedly, because he just always makes me believe the emotions are real. It was worth going through all that pain (and more pain) to earn back the relationships the right way, though now I’m wondering what we’re going to fill the next two hours with. I hope not corporate takeovers, because zzzz.

LollyPip

I’m Not a Robot: I don’t know what it is about Yoo Seung-ho, but he has a way of ripping out my heart and stomping it to bits that no other actor can match (maybe it’s those deep, expressive eyes?). And I’ve liked Chae Soo-bin ever since I first saw her in Sassy Go Go. The chemistry between the two of them is fantastic when it comes to their offbeat not-really-romance, and even though I’m behind on this show too, I can see that when the actual feelings get involved, together they’re going to break my heart completely.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/01/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-87/

same here!! he's the only one that can keep shattering my heart to bits and peices in a way that no one else can do!! and for some reason I love it as much as it mains me!! :heartbreak::heart: 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, swagpuppysong said:

@happy2018 - Thanks for sharing the vids, chingu!

Gives us the feeling of a whole new drama against time. Both would probably do well in a historical/melo. *hearty eyes* I so wish I could understand what they're saying though. *wink!

Also, regarding our Min Kyu's intellect, I think his desperation for companionship overshadowed his logic. Met a lot of people in real life who aces the academe really well yet makes the stupidest decisions ever - most specially on matters of the heart. So I was like, "Well yeah..that could happen." *wink! 

I agree. We see this in real life with people that get ‘catfished.’ First we would be surprised by how even famous or highly intelligent people would get catfish but when you’re so lonely, none of that matters and you’re susceptible to believing lies more easily cause you wanted those lies. Again another scenario is people who got conned by a scam artist.

• Like 8

I’m Not a Robot: Episodes 25-26

by TeriYaki

Robot26-00185-copy.jpg

The truth about Jia and the Santa Maria team triggers a devastating setback for Min-kyu, both physically and emotionally. No one is left unscathed in the aftermath and it’s heartbreaking to witness so much misery, but that’s because there was so much love in the first place. Is it possible for Min-kyu to give Jia and his friends another chance, or will he decide to protect himself by turning his back on everyone?

8kcp_imnotarobot_banner1.jpg

EPISODE 25: “Have you been lying all along?”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/01/im-not-a-robot-episodes-25-26/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm just going through fanmade mvs like always because I miss our MK and Ji Ah.  There are so many beautiful mvs and I have a whole playlist on YT.  I really want to make my own mv but don't know if I have the time.  All these creative ones sure inspire me.  I'm so happy that there are many fans.  This drama deserves all the love and more.

:heart::heart::heart:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, watiemacyleo said:

Wah...this drama is airing malaysia...so happy for that...tq so much @watiemacyleo for the information...really hope that soo bin and yoo seung hoo know that there a lot fan in malaysia who are very admired both of them in IANR

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Guest moo1304

cutie CSB share pics today, hyejung (kim bok joo's friend in weightlifting fairy) sent a coffee truck for her

so they're still filming today???the filming is really tight scheduled.. will we get a preview tomorrow?

Happy 1 million views to our couple's first kiss! :heart:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@blissfullyblessed Agreed. It deserves all the love! :):wub: Once I find out the date it'll air over there, I'll tell all my relatives and friends to watch, and ask them to spread to the news to people they know as well. :wink:

Also if anyone is interested, YSH and CSB do have a thread over in shippers' paradise:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/414663-yoo-seung-ho-chae-soo-bin/

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 4

Chae Soo Bin Receives Surprise Visit And Gift From Jo Hye Jung On Set Of “I Am Not A Robot”

Chae-Soo-Bin-Jo-Hye-Jung1.jpg

Chae Soo Bin received a surprise visit on the “I Am Not a Robot” set from fellow actress and close friend Jo Hye Jung.

On January 20, Chae Soo Bin uploaded photos of her posing with Jo Hye Jung on Instagram. She wrote, “Hye Jung’s surprise coffee truck. Thank you. I think I can finish strong until the end, thanks to you. Jo Angel who came a long way, I love you.”

The photos show the two actresses smiling as they pose together in front of the coffee truck sent by Jo Hye Jung.

Jo Hye Jung also posted a photo of the two together to her own Instagram. She wrote, “These days, I really want to make the people I love happy,” adding the hashtag for “I Am Not a Robot.”

Chae Soo Bin and Jo Hye Jung are known to be close friends, and the two actresses have shared stories about their friendship on several variety programs in the past.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/20/chae-soo-bin-receives-surprise-visit-gift-jo-hye-jung-set-not-robot/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Chae Soo Bin received a surprise visit on the “I Am Not a Robot” set from fellow actress and close friend Jo Hye Jung.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that YSH's past and current (dramaverse) romantic partners are BFFs? 

PS: now I have this image in my head where the girls go out for drinks and exchange notes about his kissing technique or fangirl about his 1000kW smile. :tongue: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4