[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

Hi all.

I'm probably not a typical KDrama Fan, as a 40 year old father of 3, but this drama has been so satisfying and cathartic that I was compelled to follow up on all the talk while waiting for the weekly episodes, which led me to finally registering an account here.

Forgive me if this seems a silly question: I am aware that the domestic ratings for INAR has been abysmal, however it seems like the international reception is turning out to be disproportionately successful. How would the production team view such a result? How does local broadcast weigh against international streaming and sales? I'm asking because I feel saddened by INAR's official ratings, and am looking for some glimmer of hope on the international front such that the production staff, writers, and actors/actresses feel vindicated with their hard work.   

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zzj1 said:

Hi all.

I'm probably not a typical KDrama Fan, as a 40 year old father of 3, but this drama has been so satisfying and cathartic that I was compelled to follow up on all the talk while waiting for the weekly episodes, which led me to finally registering an account here.

Forgive me if this seems a silly question: I am aware that the domestic ratings for INAR has been abysmal, however it seems like the international reception is turning out to be disproportionately successful. How would the production team view such a result? How does local broadcast weigh against international streaming and sales? I'm asking because I feel saddened by INAR's official ratings, and am looking for some glimmer of hope on the international front such that the production staff, writers, and actors/actresses feel vindicated with their hard work.   

Nice to have a non typical fan in here! I also asked the same question on the rating few weeks ago. It‘s so sad that the rating is very low. But I also don’t have answers for your questions. Other dramas with high success sometimes give a trip to oversees for the actors/actresses and staffs. or make a fan meeting also outside Korea. Usually after a success like this, the lead receive offers for commercial films. That’s where they got more money from their success I think. Looking forward now for many commercials with both of them as the stars of products :D 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@urd as I said, we can just agree to disagree. But, this is where I am coming from:  MK promised Jia/AJ3 that they are going there to Hwangmesan the next time there is a Meteor Shower. So, for Jia to even think/guess/assume/conclude that MK is going there, means that she HAS to know first that a Meteor Shower is happening that night on that very place.

For me, it does not make it lame that she was there because somebody may have said there's a meteor shower happening that specific night. I'd rather she was there because she chose to go there, that she knows and she is sure that MK is going to be there (her own volition and choice) and not because FATE just magically/fatefully sent her there (that she just went there, just because; that suddenly she knew there would be a meteor shower that very night MK touched their heart lamp, that MK will be there that very night.). For me, it is more romantic that Jia proactively and consciously sought him out, and went there because she's already sure HE is definitely there, and that she was prepared to face him and tell him everything, and fight for their love. That them meeting on that hill was because of their own choices and not because of chances.

But, that's just me. I don't rely too much on fate. It's more romantic for me that somebody does something for someone because they CHOOSE to, as opposed to doing something because FATE dictated that you should. I'd rather have things happen because of my choices and not because I chanced upon them. Again, that's just me.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Nice to have a non typical fan in here! I also asked the same question on the rating few weeks ago. It‘s so sad that the rating is very low. But I also don’t have answers for your questions. Other dramas with high success sometimes give a trip to oversees for the actors/actresses and staffs. or make a fan meeting also outside Korea. Usually after a success like this, the lead receive offers for commercial films. That’s where they got more money from their success I think. Looking forward now for many commercials with both of them as the stars of products :D 

In an earlier post (by haney?) it was mentioned that internationally, INAR outsold all other dramas in 2017/2018 so far. (26 countries as far as i can recall), that must count for something I guess. I'll just rest easy with the knowledge that the production team realises there are so many more people around the world that love what they have done, not to mention the $$$ would be the proof.

As for being a 'not so typical' fan, I'm sure there are many more 'ahjussi's' like me, we're just not so vocal about it.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, zzj1 said:

In an earlier post (by haney?) it was mentioned that internationally, INAR outsold all other dramas in 2017/2018 so far. (26 countries as far as i can recall), that must count for something I guess. I'll just rest easy with the knowledge that the production team realises there are so many more people around the world that love what they have done, not to mention the $$$ would be the proof.

As for being a 'not so typical' fan, I'm sure there are many more 'ahjussi's' like me, we're just not so vocal about it.

I hope they at least get to have fan meets in other countries (especially the Philippines; based on the YouTube, etc. comments, it's one of its largest fanbases, definitely gonna blow up when it gets aired on a local network).

Still, despite the low ratings, I hope the award shows still consider this (and the actors, actresses, and writer) as a serious contender.

I will keep my fingers crossed that in the upcoming months the show will get more of the recognition it deserves at least internationally, once it gets aired on the local channels.

• Like 12

I think IANAR doing very well internationally is the reason why we get to see it in its complete 32 episodes. Even if they did not fare well locally, the syndication/distribution to other countries alone, MBC earned a lot of profit from there. Otherwise, they would have cut it short, if they were not able to capture International fans/viewership.

Now, I am not sure about this, but I remember that it was discussed before in another forum, that if a drama did not fare well locally, then that drama suffers when it comes to the Network awards. Usually, they get snubbed/not considered. But, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. I hope I am wrong because I so want YSH and CSB to be recognized by their works in IANAR. They were really awesome individually and together as MK and JA/AJ3. And I really hope they win the Best Couple award!!!!!!

• Like 19
  • LOL 2

55 minutes ago, zzj1 said:

I think it's the profit for the production team. In my opinion domestic rating is more for the actors/actress. If rating is high they'll probably offered many CF. I'm almost 40 myself and mostly fans our age like being a silent fan. But, I cant help with Yoo Seung Ho. My father who is 73 yr, is also a kdrama fan. He is a big fan of YSH :)

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

hope to see more couple interaction and kisses in the last four episode. We only got two kiss so far in this drama. It's too little compared to others!!! Jugglers even had a bed kissing scene!

its gonna become a comedy of robot aji3 fell in love with KMG. Hope that she could find him soon! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

Great to know there are many age groups here who enjoyed great drama and mega talented actor/actress like Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin. It really doesn't matter how old you are in order to be a fan of something!  I'm a bit new myself with Kdramas.

Beautiful fan vids.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, leedonghae4lyf said:

I think IANAR doing very well internationally is the reason why we get to see it in its complete 32 episodes. Even if they did not fare well locally, the syndication/distribution to other countries alone, MBC earned a lot of profit from there. Otherwise, they would have cut it short, if they were not able to capture International fans/viewership.

Now, I am not sure about this, but I remember that it was discussed before in another forum, that if a drama did not fare well locally, then that drama suffers when it comes to the Network awards. Usually, they get snubbed/not considered. But, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. I hope I am wrong because I so want YSH and CSB to be recognized by their works in IANAR. They were really awesome individually and together as MK and JA/AJ3. And I really hope they win the Best Couple award!!!!!!

If it were up to me, or most posters in this thread, they would win best couple hands down. I consider them one of the best couples in a rom com ever, together with my other favorites Lee Hong ki/Yang Jin Sung (BOTC) & Ji Hyun Woo/Yoo In Na (QIHM). 

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

Hi a Filipino here. Kekeke! Actually @justlove and I was talking about this. We are praying that it was the bigger network that bought the rights to air INAR.  The fact that they dub better (sadly all K-dramas are dubbed here, thus we will not be able to hear the real voices of CSB and YSH), the promotion is way much better and with wider coverage.

Too bad foreign dramas/shows are no longer allowed to air during primetime (7pm to 10 pm). A better airtime makes a big difference. But still hoping for a very good response from the local viewers. YSH’s other drama will be aired here as well and I hope this will help gain more viewers for INAR. Goblin and Moonlight rated well locally, praying that INAR will be able to surpass those.

@macello It is true that Filipinos are all over the place (FB, Twitter, IG and Youtube). Hahaha! Filipino viewers (though sometimes annoying) are loyal, once captured we are yours hook, line and sinker. As promised, I will promote this drama to all my friends and relatives hoping that they will be able to feel the joy that I felt while watching the drama. Fighting INAR!:wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey, guys, I'm new here. Decided to join in the fun for the final week :grin:

So, as I was rewatching ep 27 for the nth time, I noticed something interesting. During the kiss scene, I noticed that our Min kyu heartbeat was 83 beats per min (bpm) which is the resting heart rate for the average person.

Screenshot_1.png

I read somewhere that a good kiss makes your heartbeat climb to 100 bpm. Usually, if it was any other drama we'd all be going crazy from hearing a fast heartbeat but in Min Kyu's case, our hearts beat faster when his heartbeat stays in resting mode.:blush: Kim Min Kyu is probably the only ML whose heart beats slower when he looks at our heroine and that makes us all so damn giddy. LOL

I'm so in love with this drama, especially YSH. I've been a fan of his since Operation Proposal. It's so hard waiting for Wed again. Desperately waiting for the preview to tide me over. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Finished episodes 27 and 28 eng subbed. 

I was so happy that KMK forgave Ji-A. And I was so happy when they kissed. It was so sweet. I think they should have kissed earlier, but that's just me. :D

I like how he didn't get a rash when he kiss and hug Ji-A. So she really is his cure :).

But i don't think he is cured completely because he went to get her coffee, and his rash almost came back. But when he saw her sleeping in the car he was ok again. :)

I just want them to be happy and in love.

I was very impressed by Aji-3. 

I think she's a very smart robot.

I couldn't help but get sad when the bad guys said they wanted to tear her apart. KMK's former friend said he would take her. I wonder what's going on with him. I wonder if he is on KMK's side.

And when Aji-3 said she was going home. I was like, "Aww!" But I asked the same question you guys are asking. Does she mean KMK's home? I can't wait to see what happens next.

And I feel how a lot of you feel. I am very sad that this week is the last week. 

I hope everything ends well for KMK and Ji-A. I hope they stay happy and in love :) 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope IANAR crews and actors are fine and happy. No need to regret bout the rating. I have heard that some K-drama that popular in country have less recompense than international be required. Especially when they can sell in Japanese, Chinese or SEA markets. At least PD nim, writer nim, YSH, CSB are now on spotlight of many people. Hooray~

More two days, we will know which option about YC is true. Mine is option 3 >.< I have many wishes for all characters in IANAR are good, but bad guys need to be punished...keke. I always thankful to writer nim (her work is great, IANAR makes me laugh out loud automatically with funny situations and cried with those dialogues of OTP when they bursting outrage.) Ohh...I must thank all team!! Their chemistry is all for those things.

I think of some mystery in the end, I love to imagine what is next...keke..then I want to share~

1 Madame X will be a woman who was with Butler Sung. She will help our Min Kyu with all evidences she knows.

2 AJ3, she's heading home for her chingus/ may be she can destroy the contract before worse ^^ She must be popular among the company after things are solved. Many men are crazy on her~ (esp Mr.dumb investigator ^^)

3 Min Kyu still learning to make relationship to other with Pro Jiah (that must be cute) and Jiah will learn how to cook with Min Kyu...heyyy I need back hug scene/ cuddling scene and kiss scene right now >___<

4 Dr.Hong/ Pi are happy lovebirds with their serious mode as always ^^ And may have new project with Santa maria team to create new male robot...keke Min Kyu Bot ^^

5 KM financial has more profit from Jiah innovation.

6 YC will be with RA, may be go aboard together....anyong YC/RA~

7 More interaction scenes with Jin Bae and his brother in law....keke then niece will see Ajusshi again ^^ oh then I want to see sweet awkward scene from Sun Hye and Hoktal couple >.<

Ohhh Happy Ending~

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I hope that mbc will noticed how high the view for IANAR in their youtube channel..at least they know that this drama is well accepted n loveeeee by international fans..

And count me in pretty squad as i also hope ysh n csb will get the best couple awards. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

i agreed with you guy. this drama may not do well in korean. but it a hit in internation or else the drama would be cut short like some drama were it get cut short because of bad rating. also i think this drama is aim more for I-fan.

i do hope the pd/writer will give us full kiss lock scene.or better yet give us a bed scene for MK/JA. those two look to good together for not having a hot kiss/bed scene.

it would be nice if in the last episode there a MK robot for AJ3 so she could have a male robot to talk/fall in love with.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, ueng . said:

I hope IANAR crews and actors are fine and happy. No need to regret bout the rating. I have heard that some K-drama that popular in country have less recompense than international be required. Especially when they can sell in Japanese, Chinese or SEA markets. At least PD nim, writer nim, YSH, CSB are now on spotlight of many people. Hooray~

More two days, we will know which option about YC is true. Mine is option 3 >.< I have many wishes for all characters in IANAR are good, but bad guys need to be punished...keke. I always thankful to writer nim (her work is great, IANAR makes me laugh out loud automatically with funny situations and cried with those dialogues of OTP when they bursting outrage.) Ohh...I must thank all team!! Their chemistry is all for those things.

I think of some mystery in the end, then I want to share~

1 Madame X will be a woman who was with Butler Sung. She will help our Min Kyu with all evidences she knows.

2 AJ3, she's heading home for her chingus/ may be she can destroy the contract before worse ^^ She must be popular among the company after things are solved. Many men are crazy on her~ (esp Mr.dumb investigator ^^)

3 Min Kyu still learning to make relationship to other with Pro Jiah (that must be cute) and Jiah will learn how to cook with Min Kyu...heyyy I need back hug scene/ cuddling scene and kiss scene right now >___<

4 Dr.Hong/ Pi are happy lovebirds with their serious mode as always ^^ And may have new project with Santa maria team to create new male robot...keke Min Kyu Bot ^^

5 YC will be with RA, may be go aboard together....anyong YC/RA~

6 More interaction scenes with Jin Bae and his brother in law....keke then niece will see Ajusshi again ^^ oh then I want to see sweet awkward scene from Sun Hye and Hoktal couple >.<

Ohhh Happy Ending~

Auw!!!! I want this to happen too..

please please writernim,pdnim..

most importantly,we want more screentime of ysh and csb together..every 2 minutes if possible :D

hahahaha...

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, wunwing1 said:

i agreed with you guy. this drama may not do well in korean. but it a hit in internation or else the drama would be cut short like some drama were it get cut short because of bad rating. also i think this drama is aim more for I-fan.

i do hope the pd/writer will give us full kiss lock scene.or better yet give us a bed scene for MK/JA. those two look to good together for not having a hot kiss/bed scene.

it would be nice if in the last episode there a MK robot for AJ3 so she could have a male robot to talk/fall in love with.

Yes i remember bout it..few dramas got cut off from airing because of bad rating and if i’m not mistaken,there are cases where the episodes were reduced because it was not getting any response from local and international viewers.

• Like 7