[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

@Berou thank you for sharing that tumblr post with us! I think we often forget that sometimes the setting of the drama are not always the exact same world that we live in but exist in slightly different universes, for example, where aliens and mythical beings live among us (Goblin, My love from the star, my girlfriend is a gumiho, gu family book etc), where people have diseases that are weird to us but normal to the people in the story (like Pinocchio). INAR sets in the world where a superior AI, who is capable of reading emotions and responds appropriately to stimuli based on past input, is invented, that MK experienced this first hand. It's interesting that we forget this fictional factor and thus so ready to call him dumb when our worlds/universes are not exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Amulya Kolusu said:

@Berou I like your logical explanation and quite early almost from the start of the show my thoughts were similar to you 

Human mind is quite mysterious, we can for example take people who believe in God, nobody living now have seen God but let's consider that half of the world's population strongly believes in it, they are happy and peaceful with their belief, they wouldn't think otherwise even if an atheist gives him a rock solid proof. Its just the same for atheists, they would never believe the existence of God until God himself shows up. I don't know whether I'm making sense but MK's belief that he has human allergy is so strong that no matter how many proofs he has he wouldn't think otherwise, he might not have believed even if JiA as Aji3 spoke out that she is a human until he saw both JiA and Aji3 in the same frame.

I like what you said here! It's not how I interpret that tumblr post, but it does give another explanation to why MK didn't find out on his own. Once people have believed in something, it is insanely hard to change their minds no matter how many evidence you provide, because they tend to notice things that enforce their belief (for ex, JA's titanium garment) and not things that disprove it (JA's human-like behaviors)

• Like 13

This is what i call lips locked. And with 2 people wanting each other and kissing. That feeling is missing out of many dramas lately. I totally rooting for Yoo Seung Ho& Chae Soo Bin. They totally compliment each other. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

One way I might support the show but on the other way I also support the audience who're finding logic and questioning MK's IQ.

Aji3 as a robot has no experience which means has not much prior input of emotions, this also means she doesn't have a personality but JiA as Aji3 has a really strong personality right from the start, that was when MK din't even start to train her, just before day he met a plain robot and the next day there is the most entertaining robot instead, of course everything illogical is covered up as chingu mode... no wonder MK finds himself dumb just like how we all felt, last episode seems like an explanation to all the audience who are searching logic

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Finally got a chance to marathon ep. 25 to 28 and I just wanna say "Good things do come for those who wait." Thank you, MBC, for giving us such a nice episode with the BTS as well! I was worried before as MBC didn't give any BTS with uri OTP in the previous week but then VOILA! They gave us this heart-fluttering BTS kiss. :wub:

I am so happy that finally uri OTP reconciled although I was a bit worried earlier when MK went away after that lovely long talk. I really luuuuurrrrveeee our Ji Ah, who stayed in the character as a persistent and determined girl; she shamelessly kept coming to MK's house, bluntly shared everything to MK even told him that he was a nasty jerk before. LOL. :D

This couple is jjang! If in the warehouse MK shared everything he felt, in ep. 27, it was Ji Ah's turn. It is quite rare to see a couple in a drama talk a lot and honestly voice out what they are feeling towards the partner. And then it is ended with a kiss, with an amazing cinematography. The kiss scene is seriously beautiful :heart:

By the way, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and comments, chingus. I had fun reading all of them.hahaha. Now, we are heading to the final week and somehow I feel sad; I don't think I would be this excited again for a Kdrama. I am so glad that I started watching IANAR last month but it is hard to let it go..... :bawling:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

@Berou I think that person who posted that in Tumblr was confused. IQ is basically the ability to learn while Social skills is the ability to interact with other people. When you are a genius it doesn't mean that you know everything. Having great IQ doesn't necessarily mean that you have high social skills and vice versa. Oftentimes geniuses are mistaken for being fools. 

KMK maybe a genius but he doesn't have any social skills because he can't interact with other people. His disorder prevented him from doing so. 

EDIT : 

KNOWLEDGE VS SKILLS = these are two different things. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

I wanted to start a new topic but don't know how, so will insert a comment here.  Sony has reintroduced its robotic dog, Aibo, which is making use of the same deeplearning that Ahji3 uses. Life strange as fiction, no?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@Berou I agree with @blissfullyblessed...

MG might have high IQ. But not EQ. 

EQ is something you get by interacting with another human being. Which is he lacked for 15 years. 

I guess his EQ stop developed when he get his traumatic experience from watching his parents death and betrayal from his very best friend. 

That's understandable if the human he ever interacted with 15 years ago is no different than an AI robot. 

AJ3 is very humanlike robot. And his little knowledge about human cant help him diffirentiate between human and robot.

But one thing we must prepare for enjoying romcom Kdrama...  Push aside your logic or else you wont be able to enjoy it. And to be frank, the only reason that keep me here is YSH and CSB acting skill. And the kiss would be their greatest present for me... :wub:

And the 1st gif @supergal99 gave us is soooo unlogical... 

Why did the PD nim let them kiss when the FUR is blocking the view...

Then I found the logical reason why... 

to give the best training for YSH and CSB... So that if they want to kiss each other IRL they're doing it the best way... :D

Anyone come across this? I think YSH & CSB would be great in Saeguk. :wub:

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, blissfullyblessed said:

@Berou I think that person who posted that in Tumblr was confused.

What's strange to me is that that person went to great lengths to explain why KMK did not notice, but never mentioned the two reasons that the show explicitly stated.

1. The invisible gorilla

2. KMK was being stupid and failed to notice many things, as mentioned by JiA, the professor, Pi, and KMK himself.

I think furthermore, viewers can also reason that KMK has had very little interaction with people for most of his life, so he would have trouble recognizing social behaviors.

• Like 11

So my question is, did Ji Ah go over? *Lets leave the answer to our imagination*
I want to see him again cooking for her. Ji Ah devouring it while Min Kyu is lovingly staring at her. After dinner, they'll wash the dishes together. Min Kyu has this wide smile plastered on his face because finally, he is doing the things he yearns to do with the love of his life.
He will then reach for her hands and say, "Shall we sleep now?" *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* :wub:

8FrH5ZP.jpg

ESYR5P6.jpg

yK3G0iX.jpg

for now, back to backreading since I've been away for a while. Sad that I missed the discussions :mellow:

• Like 8
  • LOL 13

@happy2018 - Thanks for sharing the vids, chingu!

Gives us the feeling of a whole new drama against time. Both would probably do well in a historical/melo. *hearty eyes* I so wish I could understand what they're saying though. *wink!

Also, regarding our Min Kyu's intellect, I think his desperation for companionship overshadowed his logic. Met a lot of people in real life who aces the academe really well yet makes the stupidest decisions ever - most specially on matters of the heart. So I was like, "Well yeah..that could happen." *wink! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 3

Hey guys!!

I've been a lurker for far too long (way before this drama even started airing), but I just can't help it. I hope I'm not too late?

Anyway, I've been thinking for the past day about the significance of the scenes with the coffee and the phone call with Dr. Oh. Is this a foreshadowing that he might have another severe allergic reaction? :fearful: I'm kinda hoping YC sees it. Look at what you did to MK! He must regret, ask forgiveness then they can try to rebuild whatever relationship they have lost. Of course the hurt party will always bear the scar, so I'd like to see him make it up to MK. Maybe betray his father? Also, I'd like to see RE and MK hang out and just talk over a few drinks. I think they'd make great besties. And please just let the Jo family have a bonding time with MK and the Santa Maria team, with all the awkwardness at first and forgiveness then banter, and the baby!

There's still so much I want to see, but there's only 2 hours left :bawling::bawling:. Please let all the company shenanigans be resolved within 30 minutes, or add one more episode (if possible) to have time for MK's recovery, and more cuteness?

I've only started binge watching K dramas last October, mostly saeguk, and I rarely finish them. But because of YSH in Ruler I haven't gotten out of dramaland since. I blame his aura, and his voice, and his acting. Also, the eyes! How can one be so gifted to have great talent on top of his looks, and voice, and eyes, and personality? He's now at the top of my Watchlist, and the only Korean at that.

I was so skeptical about IANAR at first, especially if the main leads will have chemistry. I'm glad to prove myself wrong, because CSB's just so bubbly she's perfect with YSH! They might be the only OTP I'll ever ship in real life. :heart:

Edit: I'll come back and watch the MVs some time. I just can't get enough of them!

Edited by macello
  • Like 17
  • LOL 2

one more vid this week.

not sure why, but I've been raiding my k-indie library a lot lately....

can't seem to think of any English songs that fit the emotional beats of this show. 

Note: translation in cc, a bit less literal than usual (I found it particularly tricky so I'm open to suggestions for improvement).

PS: did not include my favorite scene (laughing just after kiss) because the most precious present is best left unopened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Maybe it is just me but the fur made the kiss scene more fluttering. although I agree we need another passionate kiss scene. PD nim utilize the crying skills of these two so why not try their kissing skills?

For now, I will calm the butterflies in my stomach first. My heart is also beating like crazy LOL. Im guilty for watching this scene the Nth time! 

By the way, pretty squad, thank you so much for sharing the amazing FMVs! I love them so much! :wub:

09MfFEj.gif

yOSplgl.gif

vwzWDwu.gif

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

Both are so cute :wub: Too bad next week is already the last week :( Love the last two episodes so much!! MK is so cute asking JA to tell him everything :D YSH is really adorable.. I must say, being already much much older, I rarely like young actors.. only a few that I really like. I found young actors still need more experiences to improve their acting. But YSH is really good! He can be so cute even with his eyes beinh cute, and he can be so mellow with his eyes showing sadness. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, haney207 said:

i am very glad that a lot of people like this drama so much..seriously this drama is very interesting and deserved to get an award... most importantly the award for best couple....PD nim please give us the best of adorable and romantic moment for jia a and min kyu next week...it will be the best gift for us for 2018... 

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 15
  • LOL 2