[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finish watch ep.6 Live
This episode i am going to re-watch re-watch and re-watch again.

This show is beautiful.

and my OTP.... These two!  I just can't with them!

Spoiler

JpchwSO.jpg

MS thanks GD
She thanks with this [ . . . ]:wub:

Spoiler

XGG4zNK.jpg

:wub:
their moning sunrise

Spoiler

1PtMMsR.jpg

MS GD
Preview Episode 7
Next week (Next step) :wub:

Spoiler

GNddSsy.jpg

YT and Ma Ri
This is unexpected, I didn't see this coming

Spoiler

68p5klZ.jpg

The Moment you wrote a longer comment and made one mistake and delete it all....

Ahhhhhhh....

Today for me was full of a lot surprises.

So the leg really was from the Guy in white... Wah - thats scary. We get more pictures from DGs terrible time in the ruin. I wonder if GD met this Guy after MS left or before she found him. My guess is it happen after she tried to get help. Still a lot unknown for us. The Scene with the white shoe. This Guy wears nice shoes and was all dressed up. Looks like GD even felt a bit ashamed in front of him. or better jealous. His own Sportsshowes where used a lot.

No wonder this shoe in the mud woke his demon with all his might to the extend that he forgot all around him and was just in his own nightmare.

The Guy asked GD for help... and GD could not even face him after finding out that this guy already los his leg.

Gang Doo was on the edge - and he was searching for trouble. He needed to get beaten up. His Soul was in so much pain - if was better to deal with real pain than do deal with the memory. My Heart broke again...

9afx5qzo.png

Ma Ri found GD beaten up on the street.

Why do I feel like this was not the first time...

MS runs out - running into Aunt

Joo Won meets Yoo Taek in his Office - talking about money again. Checking some contract.

MS comes to the construction field office. She saw GDs working outfit and left him the Ice in the fridge.

Grandmo comes to the construction field too - and she met with the foreman. My feeling aobut her beeing the landowner just got stronger. They had a little argument. Grandmo was sended away. Here comes what we are afraid of. Grandmo is about to collapse but MS helps her in that moment. MS takes care for Grandmo. She is even by her side when Grandmo is taken to a hospital. - I was like - GD will even love her more if he could see her like this - taking care for the one person so importend in his life.

Spoiler

2jnnmypy.png

When MS left for a Moment she missed GDs sister by a second. Sister comes to Grandmo and acts as an Doctor for once.

@Mau_Cherry i'm not too sure either, but when he's trying to push the concrete from the boy's leg, seems he can move more easy? like we don't see his leg were penetrated with the concrete metal yet? 

@piekeboeboe i think it's because of christmas too :(

ahhh i see! here's the ending scene <3

Rating for the drama... (taken from: https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/그냥_사랑하는_사이)

this drama deserves better... sobs

VsihpZF.jpg

Part II

Gand Doo wakes up at Ma Ris Place. They talk. - need subs.

Ma Ri needs to go out - she has to meet someone - and what follows took my by total surprise.

Spoiler

avr3wj83.png

4x7ti8jt.png

I wonder what kind of Guy YT would have become without that power game around him. He looks calm and kinds really friendly here.

He said something about is was hard... or he came there when it was hard... something like this... and he mention Give and Take...

MS in the Hospital. She waits for Grandmo and - why - prepared two cans of peaches - as I guess.

They talk outside and Grandmo shows MS something on her Phone. I really like those two together. Maybe Grandmo was not a good person in the past - she is good now.

Spoiler

ezumv7e7.png

GD is on his own again. He tried to get something to drink but not every machine is so nice to give him some when he kicks it.

He looks lost again for me.

Joo Won enters the office room in which MS works - but she is not there. So Mi can´t help him too .

JW calls MS. No answer. JW is not happy but he tried to call GD too... no answer too - JW looks not pleased about that.

Gang Doo back at the Motel. He still looks gloomy and lost. He comes in - and hears a woman scream. The shock on his Face. He runs to his room - where the scream comes from and found...

Sang Man and Moon Soo - and I was laughing.

Everybody needs a Sang Man...

Okay. GD tried to kick them out - he didn´t looked that pleased to find them both together having fun (when noone was there for him).

But MS told him that she tried to call him and just now GD found out he forgot his phone.

9gj8pfvm.png

5iq48gdd.png

wfmygp6b.png

18 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

Guys, Do you know why we have sub out very late?
I can't found anywhere Ep5 with sub yet

Is this because of Christmas time?

The subbing is being done by volunteers at Viki, so everything depends on the volunteers' schedules. They sub when they can fit it into their schedule of school, work, family, etc. Yes, this week is especially slow due to Christmas holiday. I am expecting next week to also be slower than usual because of New Year's holiday. 

Part III

Lets start the healing.

GD brings MS out. He walks her down the alley - and they talk. But in the end MS left GD behind and both looks not so happy. In that Moment GD sees the Bus coming and he knows for sure - she will not be able to get it when she don´t run. So - without more thinking he start to run - take her hand and made her getting on the Bus. Scene from the 8 Minute Trailer. She seems to not think too - just acts. She runs to the backside of the bus - to see GD

GD sits on a bench - he has his phone call - and with a smile realised how often she called him and that she wrote him messages - he too can see that JW tried to call him and calls him back.

MS sits in the Bus - remembering the moment when GD took her hand - smiline beautifully -

GD smiles - when she wrote him a new message. Gosh I love that!!!

Sidestory - and my time runs out - Wan Jin got a wake up call by the police and the guy from before. Need subs to get that.

JW and MS are at a grand opening. MS makes pictures of Models and JW mets Yoo Jin - and remembers what happend in the past - and no - there is no way for me for those couple left. When I am right YJ visit JWs Father and begged him to take the responsibility instead of her father. Something like this. JW came in the room and screamed at her. In the past.

And JWs Father took the blame as we know.

MS heard what JW and YJ was talking about.

Something is fishy on the construction side again. GD hears something the worker talking about and he made his job as a spy. He checked a truck and the louding - mades pictures. But he was seen - and here is the man Moon Soo met before.

In the field office GD is so happy to find the icecream. Ahhh he is cute...

Gosh ... my time... so sorry...

Today was the Scene from the long Preview with MS wearing lipstick and her mother freaks out. I wonder why... what is her exact reason. The Memory - the fear to loose her second daughter too... the fear she will go to a man and left her behind.. or just her guilt...

I felt so sorry for MS.

In the end even her Mum has some comfort - the Aunti - but noone took care for MS.

GD saw her crying - love it - but he left her alone for a while. Guess he don´t like it when someone sees him weak - so he left her the space she needed. But just a bit later he did everything to distract her - the date on the amusement park. Thrilling and people screaming is not made for both - thats why they just used the kids stuff. :D

MS got nearly in a bit of trouble when they had a meal - he made sure she can eat what the girl from his memory wanted to eat (so they where together in the ruins for a longer time as i guess). Someone tried to trick MS and it was not a good idea to aim with a knife at MS. GD got so angry.

Next scene - I loved so much.

He was so angry - for her. And she - was just like - i am fine. But GD did not buy that. HE was like how can you be fine - he puts her to the edge

dl6ggfno.png

so finaly she screamed out in anger too and even pushed GD to the ground. But GD was not angry because of that - he was like - thats the way to do it - scream out loud when you are angry - and i love his scream.

After that poor GD needs to find out that an MS who is drunk is not easy to handle...

Just watch some clips flying around... and I must say... I love the reverse male and female roles here. This is SO unlike the usual recipe where the male lead are more 'superior' than the female lead. 

Here MS has higher education, skilled and white collar job, can drive a car, more experienced in love relationship (somewhat), socially adept, and better off financially. 

GD is the inferior one here. He has no higher education, blue collar worker doing odd jobs and getting into fights, socially inept, cannot drive a car, zero experienced in love (though he seems really wise when it comes to love relationship, theoretically), burdens with mountains of debts, and physically imperfect with his bad leg. 

Even in their interaction, MS is always the one takes the initiatives, whereas GD reacts to her moves. 

Yet, that what makes it so refreshing and natural. This drama does not conform to the kdrama recipe, but really telling a story just as it is. 

Last Part

WOW... GD must have asked himself what he had done... MS is so cute but still so troublesome... she smiles at GD and brings him in trouble... she wants to drink more... and he needs to stop her... she acts cute and finaly kissed him lightly.

4tsajr5s.png

And GD is adorable. He can´t do anything against her. I loved it - the way he cared for her. He did not even moved and just let her sleep on his shoulder for hours. Sitting on the bench together with her .

My most favourite picture from today....

bxidi5ev.png

WOW ---- WOW---- WOW----

Lets go together.....

Please take this Hand MS and never let go of it again....

Okay ---- I was happy to early ... the Preview ruined it again...

Spoiler

ejyntub9.png

7vw3hqjo.png

What happend... it looks like whatever happend will bring back his demans again and he tried to hold on to her but she is leaving... NO . just NOOOOOO!!!

I try to calm down... of feed my mind with something else...

aexlepu2.png

uiiiiiiiii....

will it work... not sure.,.. I still feel so sad thinking she will leave GD behind again.

One last thought of mine...

Both.... MS and GD... never had someone who just holded them and gave them comfort so they could just cry and suffer... MS Mum is so into her own pain - she don´t have an eye for MS and GD - we know to well....

40 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

The subbing is being done by volunteers at Viki, so everything depends on the volunteers' schedules. They sub when they can fit it into their schedule of school, work, family, etc. Yes, this week is especially slow due to Christmas holiday. I am expecting next week to also be slower than usual because of New Year's holiday. 

Thank you for this reply. I am getting impatient, I've been waiting for ep 5 with eng subs for hours now.

It took GD several days hanging on for his life before being found. I hope I can endure this waiting for eng sub. (fighting!)

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Yeah, that's right. It usually gets slower during the holidays, especially between Christmas and NYE... Patience is all we can have. But I think it should get better by next week actually as some people have to be back at work next Tuesday.

Ah I watched the video clips and love it. Very nice cinematography!! I loved the ending, them together with her drinking. But I also love that scene:

She apologizes but not being there for him yesterday; she says she is sorry that he was alone, how scared he must have been. And then, because he is so awkward with her at times (loved how awkward he becomes when she tells him that she loves Men that eat carrots while he is eating carrots! Ha ha), all he can do is to make sure she catches her bus. I love how she runs in the bus to keep watching him. Just by looking at each other while the bus is moving... you can feel the growing connexion between them. It's very subtle. Love it!

@penelop3 Totally agree. It's like they are just who they are, not some types of stereotypes or clichés as per the usual KDrama formula. She is stronger than him on many levels, and yet she also relies on him. He needs to be comforted in many ways and he also wants to protect her. He saves her, and she refuses it sometimes; and at other times, she is the one saving him. It's really more realistic, as we all react differently when it comes to various events and with whom we are, etc.

I cannot help but feel bad for GD's sister actually. First, members of a family are usually the harshest toward each other. We can try to be rational because we are viewing things from the outisde, but it's hard to retain the same rationality when you are part of a family... Also, I can imagine how she must have felt when GD decided to leave her... (I know he wanted to protect her but still...) She must also have felt a huge sense of abandonment and a lack of control - that she is probably trying to regain through her job, by saving lives and alos by working so hard to try to rebuy the family home.

1 hour ago, raqlobster said:

Thank you for this reply. I am getting impatient, I've been waiting for ep 5 with eng subs for hours now.

It took GD several days hanging on for his life before being found. I hope I can endure this waiting for eng sub. (fighting!)

You're welcome. And I totally agree it's very difficult to wait for the subs. I feel your pain. Luckily, we can come here to this forum and be with other fans to help pass the time until subs are finished.

@carolinedl...I really love watching that scene..as  the bus was moving she did not remove her eyes off him for one second...each time she moved u felt the chemesty between them...it subtle and a bit  intense as she was moving on the bus.  The last scene w the lighthouse and sun rising simply beautiful.

Archived