[Drama 2017] Witch at Court 마녀의 법정

Go Seung Ji

5 hours ago, tigro said:

This drama has been a great discovery of Jung Ryeo-Won for me. God, what an actress! This is my first time watching her and I'm smitten. She really should do more dramas. I was crying with her during the last scene where she imagines her mom. She is sassy, confident, and brash, yet at the same time can portray the emotional and crying scenes with so much realism. Yup, She is definitely getting added in my list of favorite actresses.

I recommend king of dramas!

JRW has a unique way of acting, her style is rough. I have yet to watch bubblegum. First time I saw her was in Princess Ja-Myung. The drama itself was not my favourite, there were some weird moments in it.

Her whole personification of YIM is awesome! I must admit I love the person in charge of her wardrobe. Her cloths fit her personality. Her style of walking....EVERYTHING! I hope she gets an award for it!

@triplem I've been crushing on him since Falling for Innocense

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It getting awesome day by day.. MYD what a girl is!! Gosh!! I just love her.. B)Girl!! Maintain this sass till the end of the show.. The way she prosecuted the sick pervert was just soo superb.. I just wanted to smack that guy's smirk out of his face when he said those nasty things to MYD:angry: but MYD fulfilled my wish.. She did her job has a prosecutor plus as a woman she gave justice to herself n the victims too.. She wasn't particularly strong.. I could see her shivering.. But still she put up a strong front with proud smile on her face.. I think her past scars have taught her to be strong no matter what happens-_-.. 

I liked the way YJW is soo genuine abt his feelings.. He says right away what his thoughts r.. I liked the way he dealt with this issue.. The way he understood MYD n took care of her in his own way.. Did he search of MYD's mom in his past?? His mother n MYD's mother r somewhat connected to that GS.. :blink:

GS looks soo creepy.. I don't know how is he going to deal with our witch..i guess his pushing n hiding stuffs will reveal the matter soon to MYD n YJW.. 

I loved the way they showed how MYD's mom's hand in dream turned to YJW's hand.. Loving the show all the more.. 

P. S.  Yipeeee!! The show got two digit ratings!! Way to go!! :D

@triplem @finebyme I have been crushing on him since Falling for innocence too, although he was a bad guy there. After that, I have always watched the dramas where he appeared as lead (except my daughter GSW, since it is a family drama). I have never been disappointed with his acting. I was moved by two scenes: the one where he asked MYD if she really meant it with her speech at the trial (his smile and gaze were terrific) and the one where he touches her head.:wub: But like others, I am impressed by the actress JRW. I didn't know her at all. She really makes me love MYD with all her flaws. I am not surprised with the ratings.

@blademan @Dhakra @icyphoenix I had an idea about the possible connection between Jo Gap Soo and Go Jae Sook yesterday evening. Since it was shown that she is a doctor, maybe she is a psychiatrist and as such, she helped Jo Gap Soo to make Kwak Young Shi disappear. As a psychiatrist, she might have falsified papers in order to put KYS in a mental institut. That way, JGS didn't need to kill her and the advantage, back then her only relative was her child MYD. No one would ever look in a mental institut and they would never find a corpse as well. Moreother, this drama doesn't give the vibe that it is really dark hence I don't  think, the mother is dead.

@andy78 crazy monkeyI would like to thank you for the recap!!cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532good job onion head

@bebebisous33 your theory might be right!! But I guess it's something related to the rape victim..the psychiatrist surely knows something abt the victim's condition or the disc which was with MYD's mom which was the main proof.. As she is a psychiatrist, she might have known something which happened years ago.. I don't feel she was an accomplice as she looked frightened by the man or is it frightened that her son wud know the reality??.. 

Who was the lady whom HJW was searching for in the past?? Was it MYD'S mother?? How did he know abt her disappearance?? 

U have rightly pointed out missing body n Now relations point.. 

@icyphoenix cr. to @triplemNZrcpXT.pngFrom my point of view, it is definitely related to MYD's mother. Notice that he is holding a piece of paper in his hand. It has the size of the posters MYD had been giving to people and gluing on the walls. So my theory would be: Ko Jae Sook is working as a doctor (psychiatry) at the hospital and YJW was on his way to visit his mother as they had agreed to meet there that day. On his way to her office, he met Kwak Young Shi who was about to meet the prosecutor Min Ji Sook. Yet MYD's mother didn't trust entirely the prosecutor hence she asked the student YJW if he could take care of the tape. She must have explained that this was very important and he shouldn't show the tape to anyone. They agreed to meet later at the hospital. However, since she met JGS in the elevator, she wasn't able to meet Min Ji Sook. But the question is: how to make her disappear ? That's why JGS asked the help from KJS. If she was working there, this would have been possible to erase the CCTV, drug her as well. As such, she could help them to send KYS to a mental institut. On the other hand, YJW waited for KYS's return but in vain. We can imagine that since his mother was busy dealing with KYS's disappearance, she could have called her son postponing the meeting. Hence she didn't get aware about YJW's action: waiting for the woman. Later he must have seen the posters from MYD and gone to the police. Unfortunately he met the wrong detective, the one who was involved in her kidnapping. Nevertheless, I think that YJW was clever enough not to reveal that the tape was in his hand. However, I can imagine that he must have heard the tape at some point and figured it out what it was about: the rapes committed by JGS. Nonetheless, without KYS, the tape has no real value because you need a victim pressing charges against JGS. This would explain why YJW became a psychiatrist first as he had been confronted with a rape of a woman through this tape, then this could also explain why he wanted to join MJS in the end. He has something against JGS in his hands but he is waiting for the right opportunity: finding the missing person: KYS.

This is just a theory from me... so I might be wrong. Let me know what you think.

@sakura2016 @blademan @alekaonu@vangsweetie637 @Dhakra @andy78     

37 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

As she is a psychiatrist, she might have known something which happened years ago.. I don't feel she was an accomplice as she looked frightened by the man or is it frightened that her son wud know the reality

yes seems to me the lady has a lot of secrets...maybe our witch mom is still alive in JW mom hospital...i first thought she might be a political rival but seems is more she might have helped Jo and his minion is blackmailing her

@bebebisous33 great theory!! That might be the reason for YJW to become psychatrist n for him volunteering t OK this department.. Let's see further what the writernim has planned in future episodes..

5 minutes ago, andy78 said:

yes seems to me the lady has a lot of secrets...maybe our witch mom is still alive in JW mom hospital...i first thought she might be a political rival but seems is more she might have helped Jo and his minion is blackmailing her

Yup.. There is something like she wants to reveal but she can't due to blackmailing.. She is the only link to GS's sins and MYD's mom's current state.. 

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

:lol: By the way any luck on finding the OST the one they played at the end of the episodes? 

for this show or Tunnel?? :lol: 

For this show idt any OST has been released...

8 hours ago, finebyme said:

I really enjoyed how the director paralleled the YD's  mum's hand and JW's hand at the end scene there. 

She as dreaming, and felt her mum hands (but actually JW's hand) and moved it, but move JW's hand.

Well done director/writer well done!

For me the most memorable moment.

I feel like it's foreshadowing how he will start taking over her mum's role in which he will be her go-to person in the future...

I reiterate it is indeed refreshing to have such a ballsy character like Ideum in K-Drama Land nowadays. I think she's my second fave female character aside from KBS' The Perfect Wife's Jaebok. Both are women of steel who hold their ground in a male dominated world. I like the dynamics between Ideum-Jinwook and how the stereotyped roles have switched, with Ideum takin' on a very assertive, dominant role whereas Jinwook is calm, sensible and compassionate. Their bickering scenes are a laugh-a-minute! Not to mention the chemistry sparks are flyin' everywhere. Like how Ideum tried to appeal to Jinwook by playin' the victim card & Jinwook sees through it:lol:

I knew when Ideum flashed that crooked smile during court that she had it (won the case) and indeed she did. That ending scene when she cried for her Mom:tears: she must've hurt so much:( How dreamy is Jinwook in ep. 04 huh LoL??:wub: The smile he gave Ideum after their case and how he comforted her at the end... But as is the case with most K-Dramas all characters are like Six Degrees Of Separation - they are all interconnected somehow. Previews seem to imply that Jinwook-Ideum are intertwined in more ways than one.

Kudos to the actor who played the male perpetrator, he has this blank almost demonic expression that just makes me want to scratch his eyes out:tongue::angry: he really did a fabulous job portraying an awful character. Although 3 years seriously? And the lady professor before that got 1.5 years sheesh~ That lady lawyer aish but I guess the fact she works for that seedy Gabsoo explains a lot.

LoL @ Ideum's reaction upon seeing Jinwook's spotless pad!:lol:   

Jinwook is a fast learner he now deflects Ideum's kicks AHAHAH.

When I first watch this drama, she immediately remind me of herself in the movie "Two faces
of my girlfriend". In "Two faces of my girlfriend" she played the exact same role, a strong
quirky witty female character. The difference is, in 'TFOMG' she's suffering from a split
personality disorder. In this drama, she has to act strong, because she grew up without her
parents. On the outside she acts like a strong witty self-center who couldn't careless 
about anyone else, but deep down inside she's the opposite of what is shown. Her childhood
situation forced her to grew up and act this way. Yi Deum has to hide all her vunerabilities  
in order for her to survive in this cruel and harsh world. I believe the writer has wrote 
this script specifically for her. I don't think you can find anyone who's able to play this 
character better than her.
The most heartbreaking moment that shown so far in this drama is when Yi Deum was sleeping
in Jin Wook apartment and dream of her mom. Seeing her character crying out for her mom like
a child is just break my heart. at the same time, She accidently reveal her most vulnerable 
secret to Jin Wook while she was sleeping. It will be interesting to see how Jin Wook will
find a way to reach deep in Yi Deum, and help her release her true self that she had hidden
away for so long.
This drama is just like Yi Deum character. On the surface it's quirky funny and sometime 
playful tone, but underneath it hidden a complex and serious story line.

I was watching ep 4 in the train. Gosh ... the ending just kills me. How the lead actress cried so brilliantly and so vulnerably that moves the viewers heart. I'm sure everyone watching it teared at that scene. It was so touching and moving. I cried in the train watching that part. 

Ep 4 was awesome. There's 1 part I don't get it. The minion of the bad guy used to be a detective at the police force and remember Yeo Jin Wook asking him to look for a woman. Which woman is that? And Yeo Jin Wook''s father is who? How is his father connected to Ma Yi Deum''s mom?

I thought Ma Yi Deum might be the offspring of the bad rotten guy from the rape. Did Ma Yi Deum''s mom got raped by the monster too?

She might be kept locked up in a mental institution all these years.

5 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I was watching ep 4 in the train. Gosh ... the ending just kills me. How the lead actress cried so brilliantly and so vulnerably that moves the viewers heart. I'm sure everyone watching it teared at that scene. It was so touching and moving. I cried in the train watching that part. 

Ep 4 was awesome. There's 1 part I don't get it. The minion of the bad guy used to be a detective at the police force and remember Yeo Jin Wook asking him to look for a woman. Which woman is that? And Yeo Jin Wook''s father is who? How is his father connected to Ma Yi Deum''s mom?

I thought Ma Yi Deum might be the offspring of the bad rotten guy from the rape. Did Ma Yi Deum''s mom got raped by the monster too?

She might be kept locked up in a mental institution all these years.

We don't know anything about him but I bet, we will hear that his father has passed away. Notice that Yeo JW said that the other appartment would belong to him, while the other to his mother. This was an indication that there is no father. He is irrelevant in my opinion, unless we discover that due to a divorce, he never lived with him.

Yes, this was my theory that Kwak Young Shi is in a mental institution on the order of YJW's mother, since she is a doctor.

Just wanna drop in for a while... its raining and windy outside, I'm not even sure why its typhoon season  in October!

I only remember Jung ryeo  in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon while I have seen  Hyun min somewhere before (I dont watch a lot of dramas lately I guess:D), but both are great.... we all talk about the ending scene of ep4, yes, that grab me as well. It deserved the high ratings!

Cant wait to watch the next episode and I'm still curious why its only 11 pages in Soompi for this drama... hahha.. hopefully it will be hundreds of pages when the drama ends :)

After 4 episodes we finally see a clearer picture of Yi Deum character. She has been walling
herself up ever since she lost her mother when she was younger. Behind that strong personality
walls that she created. A personality that tells everyone around her that she has control and
in charge of her life, and that she doesn't care or need anyone. But underneath she's hiding
a very different image of what she's shown. Deep inside Yi Deum is a very broken little girl
who's still missing her mom. Because of this, Jin Wook misunderstand her. To him, Yi Deum is
like a female version of a "jerk" or an "A-hole". During work, he tried his best to be 
professional with her, since they sometimes work on same case together. But, off work, he
wants nothing to do with her. You can see he constantly asking her to leave his building
that he own. The sooner she leaves his building the better. He despises her character. 
But, we probably will see Jin Wook treatment toward Yi Deum will slowly change in the up
coming episodes, as he started to understand her more since her dreaming accident in his
apartment. I think Jin Wook realized now that underneath the mighty Yi Deum is hidden a very

broken little girl who couldn't even cry out for help. I think we are at one of the very crucial 
turning point in this drama, and I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for us.

Archived