[Drama 2017] Witch at Court 마녀의 법정

Go Seung Ji

I just finished marathoning episode 1-4! I didn’t expect it to be this good! It reminds of Suspecious partners, anyway I love how they solve the cases in a ridiculous way but i like for persecutor Ma grows ups as a lead character. I love how I am hook with each episode so in looking forward for more 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoon Hyun Min Shows Different Sides Of Himself In New “Witch’s Court” Stills

Witchs-Court-Featured.jpeg

New stills for “Witch’s Court” were released, featuring Yoon Hyun Min’s heart fluttering potential in the upcoming episode.

In the revealed stills, Jin Wook (Yoon Hyun Min) is seen at Yi Deum’s (Jung Ryeo Won) house, looking stunned. Many are curious to see how Jin Wook would react to Yi Deum’s messy house, as his own house is always kept spotlessly clean.

Witchs-Court.jpeg

Calling it a “Victim Support Service,” Jin Wook lets Yi Deum stay at his house, since she is still anxious from being targeted as a hidden camera victim. The next still shows Jin Wook cooking some steak possibly for Yi Deum

Witchs-Court-2.jpeg

The last set of stills show Yi Deum and Jin Wook in comfortable wear, with Yi Deum passed out from drinking beer and Jin Wook facepalming in despair.

Witchs-Court-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/20/yoon-hyun-min-shows-different-sides-new-witchs-court-stills/

2 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Yoon Hyun Min Shows Different Sides Of Himself In New “Witch’s Court” Stills

New stills for “Witch’s Court” were released, featuring Yoon Hyun Min’s heart fluttering potential in the upcoming episode.

In the revealed stills, Jin Wook (Yoon Hyun Min) is seen at Yi Deum’s (Jung Ryeo Won) house, looking stunned. Many are curious to see how Jin Wook would react to Yi Deum’s messy house, as his own house is always kept spotlessly clean.

Calling it a “Victim Support Service,” Jin Wook lets Yi Deum stay at his house, since she is still anxious from being targeted as a hidden camera victim. The next still shows Jin Wook cooking some steak possibly for Yi Deum

The last set of stills show Yi Deum and Jin Wook in comfortable wear, with Yi Deum passed out from drinking beer and Jin Wook facepalming in despair.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/20/yoon-hyun-min-shows-different-sides-new-witchs-court-stills/

THIS IS SO CUTE!!!! CAN'T WAIT :) 

24 minutes ago, triplem said:

Finally found a subbed video of the press con. YHM says that he & JRW met with the director several times before they did the table (1sr script ) reading so that they could discuss the script . He says it is therefore comfortable to work with JRW. He did say that audience will find that the OTP's gender roles are reversed & to look forward to the chemistry shown by the bickering between the two ;  through their conflicts they learn to understand & yield to each other 

@triplem !!! Thanks for posting this. This is one aspect I love: the gender bending! JW is so sensitive and YD is so much more harsher. I like that this is a reversal of traditional gender roles, but also how natural it has been done.

I watched this because of the actors but I really like it and I really appreciate the fact that it discusses sensitive matters.

Oh my god! Way too late I'm discovering that the first OST is sung by my favoursite main vocal Solji! She has such an amazing voice and I love the OST.

The drama just gained a lot of pluspoints :D 

@triplemYou should have told me!

New Stills Of “Witch’s Court” Hints At The Story Of Yoon Hyun Min’s Past

Yoon-Hyun-Min2.jpg

Witch’s Court” has released new stills that hint at the reason why Yeo Jin Wook (played by Yoon Hyun Min) abandoned his career as a doctor to become a prosecutor.

In the stills, a younger Yeo Jin Wook is grabbing a prosecutor by the collar with his eyes filled with angry tears. A young girl is watching the scene, holding hands with her mother. The strong emotions in the pictures draw attention to what had happened in the past that drove Yeo Jin Wook to become a prosecutor himself.

The rest of the article

21 hours ago, triplem said:

@carolinedl I am so happy to read you here. I know from the WYWS thread, you are watching this too. I think they handle a lot of things quite well - the cases have been quite interesting and I like how  you can a view a case so differently through both MYD and YJW's lenses. The OTP's development is well paced and I like this phase that they are at now where they start seeing each other in a different light. So we have been speculating on a couple of things and would be great to read what you think:

1. Is MYD the daughter of Jo Gab Soo ? There's been speculation he may have raped mum

2. How is YJW's mum connected to JGS? Did she help him ? Is she related to MYD's mum's disappearance?

Sorry it took me a bit of time to answer. Busy this week-end, loads of corrections to do...

1. I have been going back and forth with this one but I don't think so. It's plausible in terms of timeline (the rape would have happened in 1986 so MYD could be his daughter) but not too sure about that one. First, she went ahead with a tape - was it a tape of her assault? I assumed it was a tape of that woman who committed suicide. Second, when JGS hears that Prosecutor Ma is the daughter, he is surprised but not too surprised. He already knew of the daughter, but did not feel threatened. I think MYD's mother could testify to the rape. I might change my mind again :tongue: ha ha

2. Not too sure about this one but I feel like he might have seen MYD's mother when/after she was taken away from the hospital. Is his mother related to the disappearance? She seems to know sthg went down but is she directly related? I am not too sure as of yet. She might have done sthg to protect her son... I read @bebebisous33's take on it, how she might have helped institutionalized MYD's mother. It is highly plausible, and maybe YJW met MYD's at the Institution while visiting his mother and believed her. He wanted to let her daughter know where she was, or that at least she was alive. Perhaps? My only problem is how on Earth will he have become a psychiatrist in teh first place knowing that such a thing could happen? Or maybe that is the reason why he did? Ha ha... Okay I will stop now. As you can see, I am still in the guessing process.

Frankly, when I first watched it, I really assumed MYD's mother was dead. I still think she is to be honest. She knew too much and it seems really dangerous to keep her alive. And for what reason? Perhaps not finding any corpse?

23 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Sorry it took me a bit of time to answer. Busy this week-end, loads of corrections to do...

1. I have been going back and forth with this one but I don't think so. It's plausible in terms of timeline (the rape would have happened in 1986 so MYD could be his daughter) but not too sure about that one. First, she went ahead with a tape - was it a tape of her assault? I assumed it was a tape of that woman who committed suicide. Second, when JGS hears that Prosecutor Ma is the daughter, he is surprised but not too surprised. He already knew of the daughter, but did not feel threatened. I think MYD's mother could testify to the rape. I might change my mind again :tongue: ha ha

2. Not too sure about this one but I feel like he might have seen MYD's mother when/after she was taken away from the hospital. Is his mother related to the disappearance? She seems to know sthg went down but is she directly related? I am not too sure as of yet. She might have done sthg to protect her son... I read @bebebisous33's take on it, how she might have helped institutionalized MYD's mother. It is highly plausible, and maybe YJW met MYD's at the Institution while visiting his mother and believed her. He wanted to let her daughter know where she was, or that at least she was alive. Perhaps? My only problem is how on Earth will he have become a psychiatrist in teh first place knowing that such a thing could happen? Or maybe that is the reason why he did? Ha ha... Okay I will stop now. As you can see, I am still in the guessing process.

Frankly, when I first watched it, I really assumed MYD's mother was dead. I still think she is to be honest. She knew too much and it seems really dangerous to keep her alive. And for what reason? Perhaps not finding any corpse?

I don't believe in this theory for the simple reason that we were shown YJW asking to the detective about the whereabouts of a certain person and he had a paper in his hand. In my opinion, your idea wouldn't fit to the story with this scene. And if he had seen her mother at the mental institut, why go to the police station ? Moreover, Kwak Young Shi would have asked for help... if she is held captive, I doubt, she would have contact to people who are not connected to JGS. 

Like you, I had thought, the mother had died... but after the episode 4, I can imagine that JGS could have chosen this solution because it is much easier to control. First, no body... secondly, her only family was a young daughter who has no power to ask for more investigation. No one would ever look at the list of patients in psychiatries. KYS had no other adult relative so far who would ask for help from the media. We see that MYD had only her flyers and posters to ask for help. She couldn't get the attention of the media. Her mother was just a insignificant single mother. 

35 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't believe in this theory for the simple reason that we were shown YJW asking to the detective about the whereabouts of a certain person and he had a paper in his hand. In my opinion, your idea wouldn't fit to the story with this scene. And if he had seen her mother at the mental institut, why go to the police station ? Moreover, Kwak Young Shi would have asked for help... if she is held captive, I doubt, she would have contact to people who are not connected to JGS. 

Like you, I had thought, the mother had died... but after the episode 4, I can imagine that JGS could have chosen this solution because it is much easier to control. First, no body... secondly, her only family was a young daughter who has no power to ask for more investigation. No one would ever look at the list of patients in psychiatries. KYS had no other adult relative so far who would ask for help from the media. We see that MYD had only her flyers and posters to ask for help. She couldn't get the attention of the media. Her mother was just a insignificant single mother. 

I see what you mean but I was curious about his choice of words. He did not ask the cop to find that woman, but he wanted to know where she lived. He was looking for her house, not necessarily her. I mean when you look for a house you also look for a person but in this case, he could have been looking for the daughter, no?

I like your idea of her not dying but that also means that he is in fact taking more risks. If a body is found, that is one thing, especially after so many years (evidence disappear, etc.) but if she is found, she'll be able to speak in the end. Keeping her alive is more risky I believe. And would require a constant surveillance just to make sure she stays in the institution, etc.

villain JGS appeared in an LIVE political election debate, telecast live, he was questioned quite bluntly by rival on his right quite fiercely. while MYD boss MinJS was viewing the interview, and suddenly the rival pointed to the audience and shouted something, JGS shockingly turned around trying to see who's.... GS wasnt that amused and hugely annoyed by the insults he got just on LIVE tv. he questioned his right hand man and was discussing... 
at another scene, even MYD was watching and enjoying the interview.
 next scene, back many years, JW recalled witnessed a trial of child molest/abused? oh, its the little girl with the mum at the new stills shown today. little girl was frightened by the attorney's aggressive approach and break into sobbing. 
JW testify at the hearing as a witness.... 

Mum and little girl outside the court while awaiting verdict? JW himself was inside, seems the verdict wasnt in the favour of the little girl. and after hearing JW hold the lawyer against the wall, and questioned him, just like the way it was shown in the stills.  Lawyer undaunted by his accusation walked away. 
JW turned around and faced the mother and child, i guess it was a case of the girl been abused/assaulted? 
at another scene. JW at the gate of a school saw the accuser walked towards a school girl... JW ran across the road and knocked down by car... awakened to present day, in a 'more nightmare situation': he is right at YD's sitting-room, awakening in the mess. while MYD happily dressing up for the day of work in his perfectly neat-tidy house. they met each other outside the workplace. JW pointed to her  very bright glaring-red lipstick asked her about the lip color.... don't know what she said.... smirk in her signature smile,  walked off... both in the lift chatting softly... MYD seems perfectly healed from the nightmare back to her usual self. cheeky self.  

Archived