[Drama 2017] Witch at Court 마녀의 법정

Go Seung Ji

Hello.  Finished watching the first 2 episodes and I have to say this is one main female lead that has to work hard to make me get over a lot of things I dislike about her.  

I like her strong personality, ambitious and smart, something she needs to survive and get herself ahead of others in the prosecution office.  I also like what someone said earlier about her being a grey Jedi unawared of her parents’ backstories... she’ll be tested soon I guess.  She’s not squeaky clean, frankly selfish in what the bottom line is (it has to benefit her or she’s not interested), plays the politics and self promotion card as well as her superiors.  She makes sure to not let anyone steal her success and accomplishments.  I wish that’s all there is about MYD, I would cheer for her success.  But in real life, the most successful people I know are not the happiest so I like to see her change a little when it comes to dealing with coworkers and the victims of the crimes she is to prosecute.  I do hope she retains the killer smart to make her the most fearsome prosecutor for the Spercial VIctims Unit.  These poor victims need someone with her tenacity.

Really like how different they write the anti-heroine character here.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so sad YD flashbacks she  kept looking for her mom ...even her fight with those girls...telling that officer her mom did not leave her ...she later tells her best friend she will be a prosecutor and make sure that the bad man that kidnapped her mom will pay...we see her watching her mom post...crying watching tv

next morning...work meeting ...new case nobody wants it seem...Ma said she will take it...MIN agrees but she will have towork with jin WOOK a happy bride and her future husband...she trying her dress he received a video his future wife in bed with another man...is not you poor man asked...bride is shocked ...WOW DY and JIN WOOK...They fight she hits him 

we see them meeting the bride...talking with a woman DY and JW interogating a man ...the man is calm as he knows they have no prove ...JW showed him the video ...a lotg of talk about ip,sites,users...man is still calm insisting they have nothing against him

DY,JW AND THEIR TEAM ARE IN THE CAR GOING SOMEWHERE ...THE JERK SENT SOMEBODY A TEXT YES HE IS NOT ALONE IN THAT...A MAN IS IN FRONT OF PC...SEEMS HE REALIZED POLICE CAME AFTER HIM TRYING TO GET RID OF PROVES ...THE MAN IS ARRESTED ...MA AND THE OTHER CREEPY FROM POLICE STATION SHE WARNED HIM SHE WILL HAVE THE PROVE

JANG EJ AND HER KIDS IN THE BUS ...WOW THEY MEET PERVERT DAD THAT USES HIS KID TO TAKE DIRTY PHOTOS...JANG TAKES HIS PHONE AND WARNS HIM IS ALL OVER AND WILL PAY

JW AND DY GO TOGETHER HOME TALKING ABOUT THE CASE SHE ARRIVED HOME SHE IS BEEING WATCHED WOW THAT CREEPY MAN PUT A CAMERA IN HER HOUSE...FILMED HER TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF ...SHE FINALLY SAW THE CAMERA AND IS SCARED ...IS ABOUT TO HIT THE INTRUDER BUT THE EP ENDS

INTERESTING PREVIEW

MA DY WILL BE WITNESS AT TRIAL

JIN WOOK PROSECUTOR

THEY WILL HAVE TO FACE HEO AND JO GAB SOO AGAIN...THE FIRM TOOK THAT PSYCHO CASE

WE HAVE A SCENE WITH DY MOM SO MAYBE WE WILL FINALLY KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PAST

Interesting ending, glad she found that camera beforehand. But I'm sure the guy who just walks down the stairs is going to be YJW. No way that this pervert is going to enter her room and threaten her. He doesn't want to get caught, he wanted to scare her, which he managed to do, but he will leave so he can continue playing his game.

Sigh, it's so hard to imagine that these sort of guys really exist. Sometimes people of my gender are really just trash. I knew watching these cases will be hard. 

I like YJW as a character, he really feels like one of the good guys and I'm sure at one point we will find out that he isn't actually her rookie, but instead worked somewhere else and is way more experienced.

Omg! My blood was boiling SO SO much because of that bastard criminal! :angry: I want him shut up in jail for a long richard simmons time! The filth that are some humans in this world. UGH. Though, one thing I would have to criticize the show for is its one dimensional villains, not the criminals, but that mayor candidate/lawyer, and that female lawyer. That is the only element that slightly ruins the show for me. It would be more fun to watch them if they had more character dimensions than just their negative side, though, for now I just don't like watching them when they have their solo scenes. As for MYD, I'm scared for her. But, I hope she kicks some MAJOR richard simmons! And puts hat A-hole behind bars where he deserves to be. 

I guess this drama keeps getting better.. I don't know I just love the character MYD.. She is strong, brazen n shameless abt what she wants n does.. It's not that she is arrogant.. It's coz her scars from the past has thought her to put up a strong exterior.<_<. But she has long forgotten the feeling of empathy or being victimized..now she is the victim.. I m waiting to see how this witch wud turn up when it comes to her.. YJW has always reminded MYD of empathy.. I feel this wud definitely make YJW closer to MYD.:wub:. He will bring her back those feelings which she forgot long ago.. I really hope to see them work together for the rape case long ago left...i hope they get justice against GS n solve the mystery around her mother's disappearance..^_^

Looking to the witch at court when she is the victim:D

P. S.  Congo to the team to achieve the first position in its slot.. Hope it continues to rise in ratings:D

4 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I guess this drama keeps getting better.. I don't know I just love the character MYD.. She is strong, brazen n shameless abt what she wants n does.. It's not that she is arrogant.. It's coz her scars from the past has thought her to put up a strong exterior.<_<. But she has long forgotten the feeling of empathy or being victimized..now she is the victim.. I m waiting to see how this witch wud turn up when it comes to her.. YJW has always reminded MYD of empathy.. I feel this wud definitely make YJW closer to MYD.:wub:. He will bring her back those feelings which she forgot long ago.. I really hope to see them work together for the rape case long ago left...i hope they get justice against GS n solve the mystery around her mother's disappearance..^_^

Looking to the witch at court when she is the victim:D

P. S.  Congo to the team to achieve the first position in its slot.. Hope it continues to rise in ratings:D

Well, for me the main reason why she doesn't show any empathy to the victim is because when she was herself a victim at such a young age. Neither the police nor the prosecution showed any empathy towards her. They never took her mother's disappearance seriously, they actually blamed her when they said that her mother ran away from her. Their words implied that she was a burden and a bad daughter, she was the reason for her disappearance. The detective and his family kept spreading the rumor about her mother, she had been abandoned by her mother which is really terrible. She suffered so much from the blame and even indifference about her case. That way, she learnt that police and prosecution never feel any empathy for the victims. That's what she was taught at such a young age.

Now, she is working at CAGU where the chief and Yeo have a different approach that's why there is a conflict. Moreover, MYD has been surrounded for many years by sexist colleagues, where she had only her supportive inspector by her side. Notice that MYD and her colleagues are more realist in that matter. Therefore MYD is not used to see prosecutors with empathy for the victims. Sure, the last case is here to teach her a new lesson: now she is a victim again hence she will be reminded how it feels to be a victim again. This also explains why she wanted to be a prosecutor. It was not just to discover her mother's whereabouts, to me it was also a way to protect herself from more pain: being a victim. Working for the law is another way to make sure that she never becomes a victim again. The law and police forces are on her side now. But the case with the pervert will make open her eyes. Even with the law on the side, she will become a victim twice: the crime and then the trial.

I was not mad at her for the first trial because we have to imagine that if the prosecution had lost the case, the victim would have even suffered from it anyway. Once proven innocent, the professor could have tarnished the reputation of the victim. Moreover, the second case with the pervert (the one using the child in order to take pictures) revealed us how empathy can be misguiding as well. MYD was right, if the perpetrator shows some tears, then there are high chances that the perpetrator gets away with it. It worked with the pervert and it also worked with the female rapist as well.   

@triplem (edit) Your last post made me realise that MYD has actually internalized the point of view of the detective: her mother abandoned her because she was a burden. That's why she has built up a wall around her. She has definitely abandonment issues. Since she received no empathy from the start (her being fatherless) which was reinforced by her mother's disappearance, she never had a role model for empathy as well. 

@blademan @Dhakra 

@triplem I feel MYD is a character which has lots to explore.. She has suffered a bad past.. Her mother went missing n no reason was to be found..plus most of them criticized that her mother ran away leaving her alone.. She was a child that time, she sure has a lot of things going on in her mind n a lot of disappointments too..she wanted to see her mother anyhow.. This all lead to MYD of present.. Others can only see her obsession for media.. But for her it is the source to tell her mother to come back to her if she sees her.. 

JW isn't a typical male lead..he has his own principles n he has his own perspective to follow.. He does his best to guide MYD.. But if she doesn't, he just leaves.. He is not regarded by her but is still empathetic towards her.. It wud help MYD to discover empathy n feelings..

@bebebisous33 again sharing a thread together.. Read ur thoughts.. Ur right abt her being victimized in her childhood.. Well!! I m not angry on her.. It's just I don't want her to lose the feelings which make us human..whatever it is!! I m loving this sassy n brazen MYD

started the intruder was JW...she almost hit him again...now she showed him the camera...checking all the the house ...called the police...talking with a man ...maybe building owner...at police station DY confronts that pervert ...he has no fear DY is upset...later she watches her video...is feeling horrible

Archived