[Drama 2017] Witch at Court 마녀의 법정

Go Seung Ji

Lee-re. our little Ideum.

haha, i know this has been posted. but i just noticed our Yoonhyunmin just have that little 'blue tick" of acknowledgment beside his username. YES!!!! when did that happened? i was really busy and didnt noticed when did IG acknowledged him as celeb.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I know I am late but had to comment. The way the law cases are handled in S Korea just makes my stomach churn.  How in the world is it best practice to interview a rape victom  who is the plaintif and the accused in the same room face to face? Are they for real? 

Anyway the utter lack of empathy to victims of sexual assault is astounding. 

And the way they interviewed the child witness as well in WYYS was  a shocker too. Honesly, the Koreans don't care about their mental health  but even these shouldn't be allowded 

I agree the execution is dreadful. They're literally doing the opposite, which i think JW would know best since hires a psychiatrist and all, is to bring someone with PTSD or extreme phobia to be in same presence as someone that will trigger a flashback or episode. It was a literally frustrating to watch the apathy but i guess while trying to have a show discuss topics that are never brought up in conversation, some misconceptions will inevitably be represented. I'm just glad at least there's a show about this, even if some of it is not exactly done properly.

:blink:WH--WHAT.....THE....What!??!:huh:

Just what kind of BS justice system is it in the South Korean Court Of Law?!?!:angry: The woman suffered for TWENTY YEARS and wait the perp only got, like FIVE years?? Just five bloody years - are you kidding me?!!?:rolleyes::crazy::angry: Seriously this just makes my blood boil! Unbelievable....OY.

I like how Jinwook playfully dodged the bullet Ideum shot him ahahah. They're back to where they were albeit friendzoned-_- BoOo Drama BoOo<_< #ImNotHappyButWhatever 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/14/watch-jung-ryeo-won-yoon-hyun-min-rehearse-tiniest-hand-gesture-witchs-court/

Watch: Jung Ryeo Won And Yoon Hyun Min Rehearse Down To The Tiniest Hand Gesture For “Witch’s Court”

cr. C. Hong (soompi), 14 November,

On November 13, the KBS drama “Witch’s Court” released another making film featuring leads Jung Ryeo Won and Yoon Hyun Min.

In the film, the two actors rehearse every line and facial expression (with Jung Ryeo Won pulling off some interesting ones in the first scene) in order to perfect their characters’ back-and-forth chemistry.

In the scene where Ma Yi Deum visits Yeo Jin Wook’s house and has a dream of her lost mother, the actors even rehearsed how exactly Yoon Hyun Min would touch Jung Ryeo Won’s face, trying out different hand gestures to see which would feel more natural.

The actors also showed that funny scenes could crack them up as well as the audience, like the scene where Ma Yi Deum tries to pretend Yeo Jin Wook is her husband in the hospital.

When rehearsing their fight scene, both actors, holding each other’s arms, practiced how exactly they would deliver their lines (with the director’s help) for maximum effect, allowing them to deliver a heartbreaking performance when it came to the actual filming.

yoon-hyun-min-jung-ryeo-won.png

oosp, YeoGeom's clearest sign of affection, i guess YiDeum really can read that. YeoGeom, can you read yourself, why that sudden anger? that sudden distaste over Yideum's overly close to that Mr.Park-who?.....

haha, that was a high-moments of that night (for me). MaYiDeum's should have 'forgiven' him, at least she knew in her heart, he is he, n his mom is his mom.... if there's nothing she felt still for him, she's wont be throwing such 'drama' with that 'ParkHoon-who?'
seriously? beside YeoBo, who is Park-Who? don't talk about looks, even about character, those little short scenes, and you find Park-who? throwing his seniority-weighs around... acting cool and inviting for a sauna-bonding?
pushing the "So-ah' case to YeoGeom?
plz, since this is just a drama, just let the old team reconciled and allow Min and YiDeum to be back to CAGU, dying to see YiDeum trying again to Fix YeoGeom's brain again.  didnt she promised to do that again, ahhaha. as his senior? oh, say who , that the girlfriend in an OTP, must be off a lower rank in career than the guy? what era are we in? in fact, Yeo is not always inferior to her in many things, just in experiences only and maybe Wit in handling sly people.

but i may just re-watch the old drama, to try to write about the two leads character, that how well they compliment each other, and that YiDeum is not that superficial and selfish and cold, and Yeo is not that weak and blend and too-holy.  Infact they will work well together, as they started of as antagonist and as a friend, a colleague, unlike most OTP.

most OTP started of as romantic leads, by pass the friends stages. so i think i really like their slow-burn, slow-cook style of friendship first. Only when you are friends then you will show your true self to each other. 

Take a look at @yhm_jpgif's Tweet:

On 11/15/2017 at 8:10 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

:blink:WH--WHAT.....THE....What!??!:huh:

Just what kind of BS justice system is it in the South Korean Court Of Law?!?!:angry: The woman suffered for TWENTY YEARS and wait the perp only got, like FIVE years?? Just five bloody years - are you kidding me?!!?:rolleyes::crazy::angry: Seriously this just makes my blood boil! Unbelievable....OY.

I like how Jinwook playfully dodged the bullet Ideum shot him ahahah. They're back to where they were albeit friendzoned-_- BoOo Drama BoOo<_< #ImNotHappyButWhatever 

I was surprised about the sentence too. I hope they make sexual predators pay for their crime. Rape is not even a misdemeanor. It's a crime.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:45 PM, AlexandraReid said:

fashion

What's the name of the guy in the picture? 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/witchs-court-episode-11/

Dramabeans recap for Ep 11.

have to say that I am mightily relieved that this episode brought the funny back. I don’t even mind that the show used a time skip to get us there, which can be a pretty cheap trick that robs us of character development. Considering how little Yi-deum has changed, though, I don’t think the time jump would have shown us anything substantial.

On that point, however, I actually love how Yi-deum has remained largely the same since the start. Yi-deum will never stop bragging, because she really is that good at her job. Her abrasive personality has stayed the same, but she knows how to make connections with people as well. Yi-deum’s motivations may have been suspect, but she came to the realization herself that revenge comes with a cost, and she paid too steep a price for it last week. Thankfully, we don’t dwell too long on Yi-deum’s self-reproach, and to the show’s credit it doesn’t try to castigate her other actions. Yi-deum will always remain just a little bit of a scoundrel, but she knows how to toe the line without crossing it.

As Jin-wook pointed out, Yi-deum’s motivations do seem to have shifted a little, mostly in that she has more compassion for victims now. Realistically though, her style will never be as empathetic as Jin-wook’s, which is a good thing because she balances out his naivety, and she will always play by her own rules. Case in point: Yi-deum took down Sang-hyun because he betrayed and lied to her, as well as discovering that he was drugging women, not just because she believes in a pure form of justice.

This week’s case was straightforward enough, and I was only invested insofar as I loved seeing Jin-wook and Yi-deum butt heads again. Especially the part where Yi-deum encouraged Jin-wook to do well in court. I thought it was really sweet throughout the episode that Yi-deum continued to teach Jin-wook how to be a better prosecutor (in her own hilarious way) even though she is no longer his sunbae, and that Jin-wook begrudgingly listened to her in return.

In the case itself, Yi-deum took on the role of slimy lawyer protecting a guilty client, and to a viewer’s eyes, her comments on victim Yoo-jin’s “flirty” texts and outfit might have seemed on the nose. To my real-world eyes though, I know that such a defense is all too common and usually persuasive, and I’m glad we didn’t spend any longer on such arguments before my blood pressure could get too high. My bigger problem with the case was why no one suspected that Yoo-jin had been drugged until halfway through the trial. I have gotten used to side-eyeing the case shenanigans, though, so I guess I’ll just put up with it until the end.

On the whole, it feels like we have hit the reset button on the show. Jin-wook has had time for his anger to dissipate (what little there was of it) and has instead morphed into worry over Yi-deum’s disappearance, which makes it easy for them to easily slip back into their old affectionately combative relationship. Yi-deum’s irrepressibly audacious nature is back after she has had time to contemplate what her mistakes have wrought. And it looks like we are finally going to get the Yi-deum and Lawyer Min buddy-up that I have been waiting for. Even the case this week reminded me of the ca22se from the very first episode—a professional woman who knows the risks that coming forward will have on her career but does so anyway. All of this is to say that I know it can be tempting for a show to continue getting darker or upping the melodrama once it nears the end of its run, but I’m glad that Witchseems to have avoided that.

The legal cases are still laughably bad, Jo Gap-soo remains pointless, and it has taken an unforgivably long time to fold Min into the main action, but I’m glad we’re back in the show’s sweet spot. I have a lot of fun watching Yi-deum’s antics, the show still has some incisive things to say about sexual assault and I can only hope that our team finally comes together to take down the bad guys.

By Helcat.

the heat pad they're holding indicate its really getting chilling now? RyeoWon and HyunMin, take care of your health, another 2 weeks to go and i am so not getting use to 'letting go' of our Ideum and YeoGeom.

Dear God, protect the whole casts with great health and speedy recovery.

cr. soojeong9212

5 hours ago, triplem said:

@maryofbethany I think YJW is the only one who can probably accept her as who she is  & read through her. I just completed the subbed episode & my favourite bit is when jW tells her about how grateful & sorry he has always been towards her mum , and that he will do everything he can to find out the truth & to see that all who were responsible are punished by the law. And honestly it was hard for me because I understand the conflict & pain that YJW feels - one of those responsible includes his mum. He has not even been in  contact with mum & did not even wish her for her birthday. That shows how disappointed he is with his mum.

The fact that KYS is alive has given us hope that MYD can forgive JW’s mum. I think this is essential in order for romance of any sort to take place. 

@triplem (i typed a long message to you... and accidentally deleted ... hahah. now i do not remembered what i typed,.... tell you what, tonight then i reply. am at work now, cant login often already. )

rather than misconception that makes a lot of people do not like Yideum (which is true that international fans dont seems to warm up to her, i kept reading disapproval over her)... i cannot say they are wrong in judging her wrong actions, or even the motives behind the right actions. but i should say, the main lead role right in the beginning was meant to be controversy and anti-heroine. 
its not misconception that many judge her action, but i was hoping more will see behind the deeds and see what make her that, and who's the 'real-YiDeum' hiding behind the facade, or is she beyond redemption? many should say what makes YiDeum cannot be used as excused for the wrong motives. or just, is it wrong to root for such a 'morally-not-right' protagonist (which seems antagonist many times.)
but what made JW see her as who she is, what did JW sees in her, beyond the guilt (which actually comes later, before he grew fond of her). what he sees in her, does not originate from the guilt that is related to mom. so, what he sees is far deeper.

you mentioned that part which is what touches me too,

that he found a right time to let her know, when she is calm down. and tell her that she is not alone in this. he is with her, to bring everyone involved behind bars, including his mom, when evidences are in. i guess that long sharing was meant to let her know, when needs come, there will be a day, he will put his piety behind him, and help her bring his mom in, which is crucial to bring JGS in.
i loved the sincerity, his simple sincerity in again and again reaching out for her, even as again and again she rejected him outwardly...
and yes you are right. being the just and righteous person that JW is it pained him the most to have 'such a mom'. i guess among the whole bunch in CAGU, its only Min and himself that is really living by the book, and he has uphold Mom as his model from young, sticking around hospital and seeing how mom working, and helping out in the hospital, he's literally living his young life in the image of his mom...
wishing to serve and help little children and the weak, as a doctor....
i guess, while that 3 months was not given to us, to see how went thru in the mind of JW and YD... i guess JW wasnt in any peace and top form as he recognized indirectly the "model' of his life help to destroy another person's life.... what was worst, that person's happened to be his life-savior and in her coma, she was searching for her daughter....

and MOM knows that was his 'life-savior". because it is JW, and not other people, it is triple hard for him to face himself with not a small amount of guilt, that he did not pursue the issue and revealed to Ideum too late.

while he was not 'STRONG' in his experiences in handling the cases, he lack ability to double-guess what tricks his opponents has up their sleeves, he was not fast enough to search and gathered enough physical evidences... but JW is strong in his character.
And he is strong in his abilities to read people's characters and guilt, which is always correct. Right from beginning again, he read that Chef is guilty, while YD didnt. i guess YD was judging by the Photography (Yoojin?) provocative dressing and gestures (revealing clothes and gesture, eg. buying condom for a man?... who will ever do that? no chaste girl will ever do that?).
the moment YD saw the Chef repeat the same sentence was both (as complete strangers) sitting beside each other at the police quarter that interrogated by inspectors and Chef said the same thing... i guess that make her identify with him, and she may actually believed he is innocent. in some way, JW will become the yardstick that YD can look up to, and uphold, trust and admire and depend.

(talk much later... gotta go. )

Looks like I am missing a good show? Not a very smart question since you are all writing long posts especially on the main couple. But I do need to ask if I should start watching this? I have a problem that I need to know what happened in the end so I trapped myself into watching three or four dailies in a row. 

Took a break and will not go back to a daily till next year :).  All that kumbaya endings and evil people got a few years in prison, if at all.  

I watched part of episode 1 and I really liked it. The two girls were so cute, comrades in commiseration, no father. The mother acted the rather playful not so smart single quite well. I saw her in another thriller about a restaurant and I thought her she had plastic surgery. she looked nice her. The evil man was in the daily 'you are too much'. Such a painful show to watch and the ending was so ridiculous.  He seems to be quite busy. 

The show was gripping - I was holding my breath to see if the mother managed to pass the tape, but no no no.... as usual in K Dramas, there are always the walking past,  miss by a phone call... and when her phone rang attracting the evil man's attention...:crazy: I could not watch it. It was so scary. I screamed , just dash out, don't stay...

I told myself, I need to read the forum before I trapped myself again.  So here I am, to find out if the momentum is carried throughout all these 11 episodes. Some shows fizzle out midway and the dailies, ohmigosh, enough said.

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Looks like I am missing a good show? Not a very smart question since you are all writing long posts especially on the main couple. But I do need to ask if I should start watching this? I have a problem that I need to know what happened in the end so I trapped myself into watching three or four dailies in a row. 

Took a break and will not go back to a daily till next year :).  All that kumbaya endings and evil people got a few years in prison, if at all.  

I watched part of episode 1 and I really liked it. The two girls were so cute, comrades in commiseration, no father. The mother acted the rather playful not so smart single quite well. I saw her in another thriller about a restaurant and I thought her she had plastic surgery. she looked nice her. The evil man was in the daily 'you are too much'. Such a painful show to watch and the ending was so ridiculous.  He seems to be quite busy. 

The show was gripping - I was holding my breath to see if the mother managed to pass the tape, but no no no.... as usual in K Dramas, there are always the walking past,  miss by a phone call... and when her phone rang attracting the evil man's attention...:crazy: I could not watch it. It was so scary. I screamed , just dash out, don't stay...

I told myself, I need to read the forum before I trapped myself again.  So here I am, to find out if the momentum is carried throughout all these 11 episodes. Some shows fizzle out midway and the dailies, ohmigosh, enough said.

@maribella Welcome to the 'Witchy-League' (League of the Witch). here we are mostly under her spell, do not approve of everything she did, some times we wanted to bite her, but one sympathizing looks from her, one leak of emotions from her, we melted and succumb to her witch's spell.... (even some of our harsh critics sometimes couldnt help bewitch by the witchy and commended for her). Many not just to witchy's spell, but the kind Saint (YeoGeom). you just gotta watch yourself, give yourself 3 eps to 4 eps and you will know why. for our Witch is not a 'total-witch', neither our 'Saint' not a 'total-saint'. when the Witch and the Saint first become 'enemy', then 'neighbor', then 'colleague' then friend, and finally 'very possible lovers', we are truly enjoy the process. Witch has her human side, which make her endearing.

oh, i posted lots of junks here, i totally 'breath and lived' here, literally am the Witchy's broom that fly behind her all the times for these 2 mths , so i am be biased towards the OTP, dont trust me... hahaha.

but you go watch at least 3 to 4 eps, and you might join our Witchy-League.

Jung-Ryeo-Won-Yoon-Hyun-Min11.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/17/jung-ryeo-won-yoon-hyun-min-adorable-together-behind-scenes-witchs-court/

Jung Ryeo Won And Yoon Hyun Min Are Adorable Together Behind The Scenes Of “Witch’s Court”

Witch’s Court” has released behind-the-scenes photos of Jung Ryeo Won and Yoon Hyun Min together.

The drama tells the story of determined, capable prosecutor Ma Yi Deum (Jung Ryeo Won) and rookie prosecutor Yeo Jin Wook (Yoon Hyun Min) as they investigate cases in the Department of Crimes Against Children and Women.

In the released stills, Jung Ryeo Won and Yoon Hyun Min are seen posing together sweetly even though they’re outside in the cold weather.

Yoon-Hyun-Min-Jung-Ryeo-Won1.jpg

Other pictures revealed another side to Yoon Hyun Min as he showed off his cute gestures and faces unlike his always-charismatic character in the drama. The stills included some hilarious scenes behind the cameras as well. Jung Ryeo Won, Yoon Kyung Ho, and Kim Jae Hwa are smiling widely in one picture, while Jung Ryeo Won is seen comically running towards Jo Gap Soo with a mop in her hand.

Jo-Woo-Ri-Kim-Yeo-Jin-Jung-Ryeo-Won.jpg

Pictures of Jung Ryeo Won, Kim Yeo Jin, and Jo Woo Ri, together the three musketeers of Jungseo Law Firm, were also released. As women with skills, beauty, and charisma, they lead the drama along with the Department of Crimes against Children and Women.

The production staff of “Witch’s Court” shared, “All the actors and the staff are committing to filming despite the cold to repay our viewers for their great attention and love.” The remaining four episodes will show how the characters contribute to revealing Jo Gap Soo’s corruption.

cr soompi.

Archived