[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

On 12/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, themarchioness said:

Who else is still wondering:

Did Xiao Xi ever learn about the mp3 player and the recording Jiang Chen taped for her when she was confined in the school infirmary, and if so, when did she learn about it???

Maybe Li Wei should've told her about that at Jing Jing and Lu Yang's wedding instead of the just the botched fireworks incident. 

:lol:

@themarchionessyeah, I noticed too that the producer or scriptwriter has completely forgotten about the recording. Is this incident even in the novel?  

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww reading this suddenly makes me miss Xiao Xi and Jiang Chen :(

A Celebration Of Love: 5 C-Dramas And TW-Dramas To Watch On Valentine’s Day

blacksesame88 February 13, 2018

A Love So Beautiful

alovesobeautifulposter-540x757.jpg

If sweet innocent romance is your thing, I would say “A Love So Beautiful” is perfect for you. The drama stars Shen Yue as Chen Xiao Xi and Hu Yi Tian as Jiang Chen, depicting their love story spanning 19 years. Chen Xiao Xi and Jiang Chen have been neighbors since they were children. Xiao Xi is the happy-go-lucky girl who always liked the cold and indifferent Jiang Chen. The two are complete opposites in terms of personalities and even height (Jiang Chen’s extremely tall to Xiao Xi’s very petite size). The drama depicts their journey through high school and university as well as their adult lives.

There have been many comparisons to the “It Started With A Kiss” series and its many remakes, but this drama has its own radiating charm with its portrayal of youthful love. Some of the major differences are that we see right from the beginning that Jiang Chen also has a crush on Xiao Xi. He shows in subtle ways how much he cares about her, and we get to see how his love grows for her throughout the drama. And despite Xiao Xi’s huge crush on Jiang Chen, her life doesn’t completely revolve around him, as she has her own dreams and goals that she wants to fulfill.

Hu-Yi-Tian-Shen-Yue-540x281.jpg

This drama was extremely popular when it aired during the end of 2017, surpassing 2.5 billion views with raving reviews for its fresh characters and sweetly nostalgic storyline. Leading actor and newcomer Hu Yi Tian gained immense popularity both in China and internationally for his portrayal of Jiang Chen.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/13/celebration-love-5-c-dramas-tw-dramas-watch-valentines-day/

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/16/swoon-y-otp-moments-chinese-drama-love-beautiful/

The Sweetest OTP Moments From The C-Drama “A Love So Beautiful”

a-love-so-beautiful-3.jpg

If you’ve been keeping an eye on the latest drama trends, then you’ve probably heard of “A Love So Beautiful,” the immensely popular C-drama that aired during the end of 2017, sweeping billions of viewers off their feet with innocence and sweetness.

“A Love So Beautiful” is reminiscent of the Taiwanese drama “It Started With a Kiss,” where the female lead is somewhat ditzy and naive, but always positively optimistic, whereas the male lead is super smart but cold. Considering the immense popularity of “It Started With a Kiss” and the number of times it’s been adapted and remade, this is certainly a formula that works. But “A Love So Beautiful” goes beyond that and creates characters that are more realistic and less annoying, while also piling on the sweetness.

This is a drama that follows a group of five friends from when they meet in high school to their early adulthood. The stories from the group as well as from their other school mates will definitely take viewers down memory lane, filling everyone with nostalgia while thinking of our own high school years filled with innocence, laughter, and silly incidents.

a-love-so-beautiful-gang-of-five.jpg

At the center of the group are Chen Xiao Xi (Shen Yue) and Jiang Chen (Hu Yi Tian), who are neighbors and have been in the same schools since forever. The moments between these two portray the adorable interactions of first loves – sometimes savage-y, sometimes awkward, but always so, so heart-thumpingly sweet!

And so here I give you, just a handful of the 101 moments from Jiang Chen and Xiao Xi that made us swoon, laugh, and grin like a Cheshire cat.

Another sweet article on ALSB. Its already been 2 months and I am still not over this drama. And the article above is not at all helping makes me want to re watch the whole drama again. 

I heard Hu Yi Tian is going to star in a Chinese historical drama Handsome Siblings can't wait to watch him in a different light. I am eagerly waiting for Shen Yue's meteor garden too.

A part of me still hopes for ALSB season 2. I hope they come up with it sooner or later. :)

On 2/17/2018 at 1:41 AM, Harry97 said:

Another sweet article on ALSB. Its already been 2 months and I am still not over this drama. And the article above is not at all helping makes me want to re watch the whole drama again.

I know, right?  This article (and the other one recommending dramas to watch for Valentine's Day, but especially this one) brought back all the feels.  I've finally reached that point where I'm able to let go and move on, but this drama is one definitely one I consider a gem of a show that will forever have a special place in my heart. 

Finally, as an update on my fics, apologies.  I went away for a few weeks and have been adjusting back to reality.  I do have two more planned though and hope to being working on them again this coming week.  Sorry for the delay!

On 2/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, Harry97 said:

I heard Hu Yi Tian is going to star in a Chinese historical drama Handsome Siblings can't wait to watch him in a different light. I am eagerly waiting for Shen Yue's meteor garden too.

A part of me still hopes for ALSB season 2. I hope they come up with it sooner or later. :)

On 2/19/2018 at 4:10 PM, themarchioness said:

I know, right?  This article (and the other one recommending dramas to watch for Valentine's Day, but especially this one) brought back all the feels.  I've finally reached that point where I'm able to let go and move on, but this drama is one definitely one I consider a gem of a show that will forever have a special place in my heart. 

Finally, as an update on my fics, apologies.  I went away for a few weeks and have been adjusting back to reality.  I do have two more planned though and hope to being working on them again this coming week.  Sorry for the delay!

Oh my gosh I agree! Reading the article about their sweetest moments brought back all the feels :heart: ALSB is now my favorite high school/first love drama. 

Wishing Hu Yi Tian and Shen Yue's separate projects to be successful, and hoping when they're done, please do ALSB season 2! Like it's so enjoyable to watch them together so I'd hope they'd consider doing it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let people know, I posted my last two ALSB drabbles: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1309156/drabbles-of-a-love-so-beautiful-chinese-chinesedrama-chinesefanfiction-cdrama-alovesobeautiful-alsb-huyitian-shenyue-jiangchen-chenxiaoxi

Thank you, all, you've been awesome supporters!  I hope you enjoy the last two stories of Jiang Chen and Xiao Xi.  :) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1:45 minutes into episode 1 and i am hooked! A lot say that this version is better and i kind of agree although it's a bit early and my instinct tells me that it is but at the end of the day, any version of itazura na kiss is love!:heart:

I don't beg. Well, i do, but that's for another matter and discussion.:blush: Anyway, it was in 2016 when i begged the heavens for the first time for a sequel of a drama. I did again last night when i finished watching this series. I'm hoping. Really.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am late to the game on this one! I started watching Chinese dramas while getting over the heartbreak of Kdrama-- A Poem a Day.. that one DID NOT have a happy ending (my my mind lol).

I also could have used another 2-3 episodes of their college days/adult lives as well. It would have been great to see them evolve as a couple more and more cutesy moments like when XX can't turn the pages in her book so JC does it for her. She read those pages FAST! 

I loved this series because it reminded me a lot of the Reply series, esp Reply 1997 (or Answer me 1997), where the OTP also have some misunderstandings and don't see each other for many years. You also see childhood crushes evolve and grow and of course all the misunderstandings and jealousies. Also like Reply 1997, the main female lead realizes too late that she loves the male lead. And she has someone else who loves her greatly (but in the end she only has her 1 true love). Ugh if you guys loved this series and haven't watched this kdrama than you should watch this one! Makes me want to re-watch right now actually haha. Of course, HYT is h-o- double t in this one and I actually was watching the new Meteor garden and loved Shen Yue so much in it that I googled what else she was in and this one popped up. I binged ALSB while waiting for the next 7 episodes of Meteor garden haha.

I am going to get a lot of flack for this but I totally loved WBS. I don't really find him as attractive---something that is really hard to do because HYT is very good looking so everyone kind of pales in comparison anyways.. but I found that if he was a bit better looking than people would have been more torn over WBS vs. JC. I thought his love language was just different than JC. But he was very attentive to XX and it wasn't just throwing money at her or buying her things. XX LOVES to eat, so of course he bought her a lot of snacks to show her he cared. He also REALLY listened to her. She wanted snow- he made snow even though he knew he'd get reprimanded for it. She was struggling in school so he went to his teachers so she could go to him for help and tutor her even though he was also struggling and school was not his favorite thing either. She bought her those gloves--I forgot but I think she had mentioned she wanted some he didn't buy them for her randomly..but to curb the awkwardness he went out to buy gloves for everyone so she wouldn't feel awkward about receiving a gift. He tried to make her laugh everytime she was said like taking her to the pool and pushing her around in the floaties even though he knew he'd get in trouble for it if he was caught. He gave her ALL of his lunch when she said she was hungry while JC gave her one wing (which she still dug out and ate first-- ouch). He told the fireworks guy to tell her it was only 50 RMB, and he'd pay the rest secretly. One of my favorites was when they were both tired from standing when XX was thought to have bird flu so he waved the branch around so she knew he was still there. I don't think he was pushing himself on her at all, because she mainly remained oblivious to his kind gestures. He was just being a good friend emotionally and physically. Like when he was there to cover her eyes when Li Wei almost kissed JC. I'm sure he was there to comfort her and be a good friend when XX was initially getting over JC leaving her. He was patient and even when he was hugely famous he remained loyal and steadfast in his feelings for XX. In the end I hope he found his perfect counterpart like his mirror character in Reply 1997 does. He did get a big ring! Just like him and XX always joked about hha.. just said he didn't get the result he wanted. He poured his heart out twice, but I am also glad because it means he can really move on. As for the proposal from JC..if I was XX after I had received a proposal as romantic as the one BS had given me, I'd probably cry too lol. Although he did redeem himself at work, I guess. I LOLed when she ignored the ring and went to the empty papers. I guess after publishing her comic book he couldn't get her the 'biggest one' ever haha Also think his character was great because it pushed JC to be better and do better, like in the pool table scene. Every inaction from JC had a reaction from BS and it showed JC that XX was someone that other people could cherish. Luckily, XX had a one track mind and only had heart eyes for JC.. I almost wish that BS would have given her an ultimatum prior to the proposal so that she could have reflected on all the things BS did for her!!! In the end he does what his counterpart in the 1997 series does, which is sacrifices himself (with the phone call to XX while JC is confessing his true feelings) when he knows he's no match for the other.

I still love JC + XX couple of course. I love seeing how JC changes to do things secretly as well-- all those times have been mentioned before so I don't need to mention them, but I love him loitering around with half empty trash bags and counting wires while waiting for XX at night and stealing glances at her while she's sleeping or not looking. Ah his confession! Also THE recording he made for her when they thought she had bird flu! I hope that doesn't get lost in only Li Wei's memories!!! 

Ugh, anyways this series is soo cute. It has his flaws, but I'm still happy with it. I know it's a formula that works but are there any dramas where the girl ISNT the dumb one? In the reply series, playful kiss, basically any school drama I've watched-- the female leads are all dumb and the male lead is always a loof/genius type. 

Hi!! Just finished watching this c-drama and I really can't get over it!!! Just wanna ask if anyone knows where was this scene from?? :wub: It's a scene where Jiang chen is running with the balloon gloves..<_<

37743870_10215302048596757_5953429893277548544_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=7ed9fd84856b18147fca9b438d9cac23&oe=5BCE7641

37796236_10215302048516755_7955518994113363968_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=0c993b045599bedc916253beee71a943&oe=5BC906F5

Just saw it from a fanmade video in youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPabqhKNISk

And I cannot recall any scenes in episode 23 (Finale). Hope someone can help!! Thank you!! :)

I'm honestly super late but started watching this because my friend told me to watch this first before Meteor Garden 2018 (since Shen Yue is also in it). 

Now all I can say is that I'm sooooooooo in love with this drama. While certain parts really feel familiar (especially if you watched Playful Kiss/Itazura na Kiss), A Love So Beautiful is very refreshing and indeed beautiful. The characterization is wayyy much better than Playful Kiss, since Xiaoxi has her own dream of becoming a cartoonist and Jiang Chen isn't exactly cold (he's frustrating at times, but he's still able to express his feelings towards Xiaoxi). 

The second leads are also beautifully written. I suffered from a severe second lead syndrome throughout the high school period because of Wu Bosong LOL. I love how sensible he is, towards Xiaoxi and the others, mainly Lu Yang.

I thought the drama would continue make Xiaoxi be the one chasing Jiang Chen until the end, so I was pleasantly surprised when the second half of the drama turned it the other way around. It made a huge difference, it improved the drama's depth and characterization.

Which scenes/episodes are your favorites? One of the most touching for me has to be Lu Yang's public confession to Jingxiao (not because of the fact that he did it publicly, but because he did it to save her). Another one is when Bosong creates snows for Xiaoxi (but girl doesn't even know it), he really cares about her :(

Lastly, the whole bird flu episode! (and the whole ep 23 bc skinship and love declarations!) 

On 7/25/2018 at 2:02 AM, ChangWookJongSuk_Lover said:

Hi!! Just finished watching this c-drama and I really can't get over it!!! Just wanna ask if anyone knows where was this scene from?? :wub: It's a scene where Jiang chen is running with the balloon gloves..<_<

Just saw it from a fanmade video in youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPabqhKNISk

And I cannot recall any scenes in episode 23 (Finale). Hope someone can help!! Thank you!! :)

Maybe it's from deleted scenes or something? Because I don't remember watching that scene either....

On 7/18/2018 at 12:30 PM, maisquared said:

I am going to get a lot of flack for this but I totally loved WBS. I don't really find him as attractive---something that is really hard to do because HYT is very good looking so everyone kind of pales in comparison anyways.. but I found that if he was a bit better looking than people would have been more torn over WBS vs. JC. I thought his love language was just different than JC. But he was very attentive to XX and it wasn't just throwing money at her or buying her things. XX LOVES to eat, so of course he bought her a lot of snacks to show her he cared. He also REALLY listened to her.

This. I actually find Bosong attractive, but his biggest strength is his way of showing love. Both Bosong and Jiang Chen are sincere, but tbh there are a lot of times when I think Bosong is better than Jiang Chen. His character is really well-written, he's not just a second lead or a threat for Jiang Chen.

Just start watch this after watch meteor garden 2018.

This series make me addicted. I ran marathon for 2 days to finish 24 eps. 

Love it love it love it. 

I like the storyline, charcters.. 

Well written. 

Too bad..  I cant see the wedding scene. 

Anyway both of them together.. 

Happy ending. 

I like the JC point of view...

Now i know why JC choose LiWei for class monitor, it because he see XiaoXi run together with Bo song.. 

Lol..  Thumb up 

I'm just watching this now and is seriously having a 2nd lead syndrome. I'm only on ep 4 so def will be back to write my thoughts!!! I also find Bosong to be incredibly handsome, even though he is not pretty handsome. He is def manly handsome, which is rare in actors these days. He is so kind and nice to XX!!! I actually hope they end up together. JT is nice too but BS is awesome too

I just finished it! This was a really cute and well written drama! What I like about the drama is the friendships that they all have. I like how the characters is written well for each one of them. Wu Bosong was written as a very kind and attentive friend, who is there for Xioxi whenever she needs him or he is there for her, without expecting anything from her. He is a truly great friend who cares about her wellbeing. Jingxiou is a very nice friend, who is tomboyish but have her quirks and is there for Xioxo whenever she needs it too. Lu Yang is a silly and funny person who cares for his friends and Jingxiou. I like how he finally have the courage to confessed to Jingxiou. Also, I like ep 23 when we get to hear from Jiang Chen's perspectives on Xioxi and how he feels towards her. We can finally see why Jiang Chen was the way he was towards XX. He loves her bc she would never leave him. And somehow they always find their way back to each other. He regretted losing three years with her, but he also knows his wrong too. My favorite parts were their childish years in high school, they were all so funny and cute. Overall, I like it!!!

Archived