[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

I just started watching this after seeing some reviews and I am not regretting it. I love this, it is a pretty common storyline but the cast and characters are really doing it for me. They have more depth so far than other dramas I've seen similar

The leading and second-lead characters are all very good. Loving Bosong's character more than I would have. JC and Xiaoxi have such a cuteeee height different, it's just so cute hahaha

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished this series too and it was great. Apparently youth dramas seem to be the only genre I like for C dramas. The other one which I liked was Suddenly Summer with 白宇. It was not bad but ALSB was even better.

As a viewer, I found Jiang Chen’s sarcasm funny in the show and I really liked his micro expressions. Much better than over acting and a good foil to the expressiveness of CXX.  But honestly if I was CXX, i wouldn’t be able to stand him in real life.

I totally understand her insecurities, she probably felt that he finally accepted her because she wore him down rather than love her for who she was. After they broke up, the most poignant statement was when she said she no longer wants to use her “hot face to stick on his cold buttocks”. I really cheered for her then, finally she has demonstrated her pride and backbone. I thought the breakup, although reason given in drama was weak, it did a lot of good for their eventual relationship. 

Ironically, Jiang Cheng also discovered his own insecurities then and realized how much she meant to him. Overall, I thought the story was well written, witty and coherent. A satisfying watch! 

Thought I had to mention HYT’s acting. I read some Chinese netizens complaining that he was plain and wooden. But I thought he was brilliant for a newcomer. In fact I rewatched ALSB because of him, the second round I was able to better appreciate the subtle changes in his expressive eyes and tiny twitches in his smiles. He was made for JC’s character. I know he acted in another period drama more recently but I didn’t quite feel the fit for his look. He is too modern I feel.

• 1 year later...

Just watched the drama after downloading it last year, haha.. ok...it took them 17episodes before he kissed her...:mellow: and he barely talked in the 17 episodes:D

Im not sure what the subsequent episodes will bring... but gonna finish it for sure. I gotta say, the first 15 episodes were quite slow:phew:

----

Ok done with the drama. Has it been 3 years since the drama aired and it was probably made in 2016. I guess its bound to happen, to read up on the leads and the 'scandal' of HYT after the drama. Even saw the video of the dec 2019 when SY greeted HYT after he stared at her and both acknowdged each others presence... sigh...

Yes WBS did a lot of CXX and logically would be better suited to end up with JC... wouldnt it be stressful without someone who doesnt tell the partner his feelings? And the ending didnt really discuss how CXX can solve the issue of JC's difficult working hours in their future life. 

I would think that Put Your Head on My Shoulder is nicer and faster paced? And of coz, college drama, Love 020 is still the best? Maybe i need to watch more drama to make comparison.... hehe... 

----

And i thought he wouldnt be caught again with an alleged gf, and he did it again... hahha... sigh, now what will happen to his new drama Appledog Time? Sigh... 17.9.2020

• Guest changed the title to [Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

Archived