[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

This drama is super super addictive! no matter how many times I have decided to drop it out because of its sadness, I found myself back to watch it again more & more ! Definitely my most favorite CDrama for 2019 :wub:

I stopped watching by ep 27, then watched the legends Cdrama, finished many other Kdramas, started another ongoing Kdramas, but couldn’t get over this one at all! It’s such a masterpiece & believe will be one of my all time favorite Dramas..

• Love 3

8 hours ago, nuttyz said:

So sweet! If I were to marry Lao Wu, I can just eat air all day like PXR as long as I get to see CXX face... :wub::wub:

Who cares about financial troubles??!! :P

The CCTV is really funny tho. I always found it very creepy when GJ stands on the tree spying on XF! 

it would be nice to see these two are actually actors shooting some drama.. with all that cctv.. or shooting some reality show :P

and then bicker away

Nah!.. anything for this sweet married life.. ready to be poor and have nothing to eat

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

scre

Hide contents

sorry @tomo74 I only watch CXX:lol: (Chen kun sorry:DI'm being disloyal with you bcos cute baby:lol:but he choose same character like you)

interesting, i always thought fox was male waiting for his girl

but with your screencaps it makes sense.. XF is the fox.. the one who always dreamt of love, wanted to be in love..waited for love

Now, the last dialogue makes sense to me when she told LCYin that ultimately the fox could not wait for the girl.. and i was like but LCYin came.. 

But it was her who could not wait and killed herself..

ah!

• Like 3

Still watching from the beginning...I can't get enough of their scenes together. 

I'm glad that the modern version is mostly GXW and XF together.

So cute and their chemi is really good. Love Gen Pei...kekeke.

Can't wait for the other cast members to make their appearance.

• Love 2

22 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Still watching from the beginning...I can't get enough of their scenes together. 

I'm glad that the modern version is mostly GXW and XF together.

So cute and their chemi is really good. Love Gen Pei...kekeke.

Can't wait for the other cast members to make their appearance.

I know!!!! I'm so happy that their modern life is better/not tragic!!!! They finally don't have baggage and are free. ❤

• Like 2

I love all the little references to the drama/their past life in these lovely short clips. I love how he is actually a tea merchant in this life and his name is Old Wu. I also love that she said she wanted him to catch her 100 fireflies. They finally got a blissful normal life together.

The production team is so clever in adding these little references and giving us some humour after all the tears. I'm so glad they actually done something for the fans too. Best cast and crew ever!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, J13 said:

I love all the little references to the drama/their past life in these lovely short clips. I love how he is actually a tea merchant in this life and his name is Old Wu. I also love that she said she wanted him to catch her 100 fireflies. They finally got a blissful normal life together.

The production team is so clever in adding these little references and giving us some humour after all the tears. I'm so glad they actually done something for the fans too. Best cast and crew ever!

I know right? I love that he's still not actually a very good tea merchant...they are using their tea that didn't sell. LOL!

It's now her turn to give him a belt... in the past he gave her the belt.

And the cctv!!! Hahaha...still in the tree!

I wonder who's watching them!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Engsub ep 4

I think this is last part:(

the caption "pig running " so hilarious :lol:

PD show us that's "pig running ":lol: not the fans think"do that thing":D

and the guide book:lol: domestic abuse and violence :lol: and ask them to have kid:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I know right? I love that he's still not actually a very good tea merchant...they are using their tea that didn't sell. LOL!

It's now her turn to give him a belt... in the past he gave her the belt.

And the cctv!!! Hahaha...still in the tree!

I wonder who's watching them!!

Haha yes! So hilarious :joy: and of course she suggested for him to sell wine :joy:

I love that he still doesn't like walnuts and she wants to eat crab! And the camera :joy: definitely modern day Gu Jian haha

The way he looks at her though, so much love and chemistry! He still looks at her exactly the same as in their past life :wub:

Seriously how clever are the writers in establishing such great short clips with so many awesome references but making it into something lighthearted and fun! Polar opposite of what we just watched and experienced so it's just so refreshing and exciting to see so much happiness between our leads! 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Erafera1 said:

Thanks for sharing! The little piglets are so cute! I love how even though Xiaofeng doesn't know Adu in this life, she still has her back cos she gave Li Chengyin the 'shhh let her continue' face haha maybe cos she was interested in whatever Adu was trying to promote but still haha

So lovely hearing our fav soundtrack incorporated into these sweet clips too, really brings out the romance! It's so rewarding to see how happy and carefree they are after knowing how much they suffered in their last life. Can't wait for the next episode!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hope someone can post ep 4 with Eng sub!! That was soo sweet!!! 

Is the girl in the pink hoodie, Ahdu?? She looks different with short hair, but still pretty :)!!

Yes, they have amazing chemistry. I can tell CXX have chemistry here with PXR, unlike his character in TLOTCH.

I rewatched ep 5, and there was a part where XF dreamed about seeing XW as a fox trapped with wooden arrows, and then the fox turns into XW??? Does this mean, they take turns being the fox and the shepherd girl?? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

Engsub ep 4

I think this is last part:(

the caption "pig running " so hilarious :lol:

PD show us that's "pig running ":lol: not the fans think"do that thing":D

and the guide book:lol: domestic abuse and violence :lol: and ask them to have kid:lol:

Is that all? Is it time to really say goodbye to GBMP? :cry: So what about the cctv on the tree? No explanation what so ever? Are they trying to torture me or what? Come back Gu Xiao Wu, come back Lao Wu, come back Li Cheng Ying, come back Chen Xing Xu :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Loved the last epilogue, both of them are so cute! 

For those who are asking about the fox song. I think it implies both LCY and XF as the fox and the tragic circumstances for each of them. The fox and the girl can never be together, because they are from a different species.

Translated the full poem from the novel below. 

一只狐狸它坐在沙丘上,坐在沙丘上,瞧着月亮......

There is a fox that is sitting on a sand dune, looking at the moon... 

噫,原来它不是在瞧月亮,是在等放羊归来的姑娘......

Oh, it is not looking at the moon, it is waiting for the shepherd girl

一只狐狸它坐在沙丘上,坐在沙丘上,晒着太阳......

There is a fox that is sitting on a sand dune, basking in the sunlight

噫……原来它不是在晒太阳,是在等骑马路过的姑娘......

Oh, it is not basking in the sunlight but waiting for the horse riding girl who passed by

可是瞧着月亮,狐狸瞧出了苍凉,放羊归来的姑娘,带走了心房。

But as it continues staring at the moon, the fox gets increasingly desolate; the shepherd girl who returned, took away its heart

可是晒着太阳,狐狸晒的心发慌,骑马经过的姑娘,已不知去向。

But as it continues to bask in the sun, the fox gets increasingly panic; the horse riding girl who passed by, is nowhere to be found

狐狸啊狐狸,等不到放羊归来的姑娘,等不到骑马路过的姑娘。

Fox oh fox, it did not manage to wait for the returning shepherd girl, it did not manage to wait for the horse riding girl who was passing by

狐狸在唱啊:一只狐狸它坐在沙丘上,坐在沙丘上,瞧着月亮......

The fox is singing: There is a fox sitting on the sand dune, looking at the moon

狐狸终没有等来它要等的姑娘......

In the end, the fox did not manage to wait for the girl it is waiting for... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I rewatched ep 5, and there was a part where XF dreamed about seeing XW as a fox trapped with wooden arrows, and then the fox turns into XW??? Does this mean, they take turns being the fox and the shepherd girl?? 

Yes, that's the really awesome part about the fox analogy in this story! The fox could be seen as XF and or XW/LCY and perhaps even Gu Jian. ❤

• Like 3

@nuttyz, thank you for sharing the lyrics!!!!!!  I've only seen parts of it translated in the drama through the subs. So this is super helpful and beautiful to see. I didn't know that the Little Fox song was actually a poem from the book. The author is amazing!

• Like 3