[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

3 minute epilogue is out. Apparently, there will be another video to be out tomorrow at 8pm.

https://m.weibo.cn/6264447311/4357444979103549

Can u please briefly tell us why is she crying?  I think she is getting previous life's dream and he is consoling her.  Am I right?

Omg!! Their chemistry is excellent and their acting is so natural like they r experienced.  Love them so much:wub::kiss_wink:

Edit:. Omg!!! Here we go the video with eng subs.

Cr: as tagged

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, Takingthehighroad said:

From my understanding, the Emperor had a hand in the killing of the CP's mom. He didn't do it personally, but he knew she had to be a "factional sacrifice" to balance the powers and so didn't follow up on it. That's why he dreamed that - guilt. Unfortunately like father, like son. Both men believed they could kill & still keep the love of their life. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote: Not he is great who can alter matter but he who can alter my state of mind. 

The CP only heard the Li Family's view. Even though he schemed to bring his enemies down, he still only looked at a small portion of the painting. As they say, he was too close to the forest to see the trees. 

Thanks for the explanation dear. I wonder if there are any dramas worth watching after GBMP. Sigh.....

• Like 1

PG-18 post ahead! 

I found this hilarious fan-caption on weibo making a dig at LCY's "sexual capability" and how short the epilogue was (2:56) and just had to share with all. I laughed so hard! Sorry for the subs color contrast as its my first time translating and posting images! 

Note 1: Many fans joked that LCY is not capable sexually because he always never seem to be able to sleep with XF. 

Note 2: Pig Run refers to "ahem ahem" in the novel and drama. Extracted from the term "Even if I had not eaten pork before, I would have seen a pig run", when XF implies to LCY that she had seen people "ahem ahem" (even if she had not tried it before) during her visits to the brothel when they had the "heart to heart" (when they were locked for 3 days). 

Credit: weibo

WJLqWm.jpg

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

I'm confused...how did we start getting bonus epilogues in present day? Was fan reaction so big that the production company was compelled to produce additional endings?

More like a project that was some 20 episodes, on shelf to be shelved.. became a runaway hit from the moment go.,,

i am sure they earned a lot from the drama at no cost..

so they themselves announced they want to make alternate ending.. and fan reaction was actually to not mess with the ending because everyone thought drama will be changed instead of this way of alternate ending

what they have done her eis smart!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i am sure they earned a lot from the drama at no cost..

This must be very true.  A very unexpected hit with new actors as leads.  (Like EN with SYR and CFY) 

54 minutes ago, Erafera1 said:

Did CXX update his weibo by himself? (I'm new abt weibo things:)) this is my first time interesting with C-actors outside of their projects

I think so.  He updates his weibo I suppose.  Since he had just started with the popularity, I think he himself manages that, as of now.

Omg, CXX, PXR and the actor who was General Pei is there.  That ost is awesome has become so popular I see it on YT almost.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Erafera1 said:

Did CXX update his weibo by himself? (I'm new abt weibo things:)) this is my first time interesting with C-actors outside of their projects:lol:

Omg that was beautiful!!!!!! This is my favorite version of First Encounter. Thank you for sharing. I'm so happy for GMP's success ❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just finished the drama with subs on viki. Gosh the last scene between our leads was so heart wrenching! The acting was so on point. Does anyone know if there were two versions of that last scene (XF's suicide scene)? The ost background in the episode from viki was different from the ost background from the Instagram's clips shared previously in this thread. I thought the background ost from the Instagram version was better/made the scene more emotional.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

@ElleSor I think we only got that short video(hope every day).

how long they'll torture us? waiting for 3 minutes video every day:sweatingbullets:

btw we got bed scene and CXX hands tonight :lol:

006xDMxYly1g1qvih5ivwj30u00chx2n

Cr.logo

I look forward to more!!!

Yay!!!

Love his hands by the way, I don't know what's up with me but I'm so into long, thin guy's hands.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I just rewatched the last 2 episodes with subs finally and my goodness.. this really is the most tragically sad drama I've ever watched. I don't know how I ended up being as obsessed as I am over such a tragic drama! 

So many parts just made me tear up.. Li Chengyin being so desperate to have just the smallest place in Xiaofengs heart, the tragic goodbye kiss and Xiaofeng saying "goodbye my Gu Xiao Wu", Yongniang helping Xiaofeng and Adu escape, General Pei finally relenting and opening the gate for Xiaofeng and Adu, Xiaofeng silently crying as she holds Adus body and of course the tragic last scene with our two leads :bawling::bawling: what I also found incredibly sad because I didn't understand what they were saying when I watched the unsubbed episode was Li Chengyins delusional belief that Xiaofeng was still alive. Even if he was aware that she had died, he literally spent the remainder of his lifetime looking for the river of forgetfulness and in my opinion, her.. I still believe she waited for him in the afterlife because he would have paid for his sins by living a long life without her and this was kind of her karma to him so once he could prove that he could keep his promise to her, perhaps they could move on together to a new life.

I just found myself going back and forth between the two of them and how tragic their fates were and felt so sad for them both. I could see both of their perspectives and just wish things could have resolved better. I wish they'd either slowly reconciled later down the track or even just lived apart for the rest of their lives but secretly looking out for eachother. I was completely open to this ending when I first started watching the drama but now I just wish she didn't die :bawling:

Superb acting all around but again I gotta highlight CXX, he really is something else isn't he!? And while rewatching the subbed episodes I've really been noticing even more just how gorgeous everything is, the costumes, scenary, palace and the soundtrack really is one of the best!

I'm so glad we got these adorable short epilogue clips too! They are perfect to settle our heartbroken obsessed drama fan hearts haha If I'm not mistaken, they have just been reborn into this life correct? Does anyone know if they will be releasing longer clips and how many clips they plan on releasing? They should just do a proper season 2 if you ask me ;)

They really do have the most amazing chemistry. All the bts clips just look like the whole cast and crew had so much fun and worked amazingly well together. Perfect cast and crew for an unexpected smash hit!

P.S. wow I didn't really take notice before but CXX really does have lovely hands!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Although it’s been about a week since the finale of GMP, my heart continues lingering and longing for this drama. Now that I’ve actually completed this series with English subs, another fresh wave of feelings and aftereffects have consumed me (in a good way haha). For those of you who have been a part of this community thread, you may know me with my long posts, and so sorry for sharing my lengthy thoughts everyone! I have a couple of parts I want to talk about. First being the final ost I will interpret, which is Love Catastrophe. Second being a question I want to pose for you all and would love to hear your thoughts. Okay, so let’s go!

Love Catastrophe

Viki English Subs

“As dusk starts, I look at the setting sun in the horizon

I faintly remember the outline of your face

After all, it can’t be helped to feel more sentimental when one reminisces

I sigh softly at our happy times

The western wind got paralyzed, my old friends have left

Now I got banished by love

Got trapped in the center of my tears

Who caused my sun to fall from the sky

It’s your face that took away my entire light”

“As dusk starts, I look at the setting sun in the horizon. I faintly remember the outline of your face. After all, it can’t be helped to feel more sentimental when one reminisces. I sigh softly at our happy times.” The first verse of the lyrics could be seen as LCY/XW reminiscing about the tragic narrative between XF and himself. It’s beautiful how a part of this lyrics highlight the sun because I think the sun is symbolic to their relationship. The location where they had their happiest moments was in the desert/in the west, and when I think about the desert, I identify it with the sun. The sun has carried its light to pave an opportunity for LCY/XW and XF to fall in love. Unfortunately, due to the destruction that LCY/XW created, he tainted that opportunity and consequently, cannot afford to be with XF. The reality became that he could only afford reminiscing about the happy past as he continues longing for it while looking at the sun as it sets. When the sun does not rise but set, speaks volumes to the hopelessness and tragedy that is bestowed on our leads.

On the other hand, I’ve previously noted how LCY/XW represents the moon from the “Little Fox” song. While reflecting about “Love Catastrophe,” I’ve noticed that in addition to the sun symbolizing their relationship, the sun also represents XF. Although XF definitely has matured and deeply developed throughout the story, at the core, her character has always been pure, innocent, kind, and warm just like the sun. Furthermore, during the beginning of the story, XF always wore bright colored clothing, such as red, while LCY/XW wore more neutral colored clothing, such as white. So when the lyrics state, “As dusk starts, I look at the setting sun in the horizon,” it parallels to how the moon sees the setting sun which also could then symbolize how LCY/XW, who longs for XF, could only envision her from afar. While the sun and moon could meet during sunset, they would never truly be able to coexist during the daytime or nighttime. This aligns back to the tragic love story: LCY/XW and XF were destined to be ill fated lovers, and as the saying goes, “They were fated to meet, but not destined to be together.”

“The western wind got paralyzed, my old friends have left. Now I got banished by love. Got trapped in the center of my tears. Who caused my sun to fall from the sky. It’s your face that took away my entire light.” This part of the song is hands-down so heart wrenching! In a blink of an eye, LCY/XW’s greed, revenge, selfishness, and jealousy blinded and forever imprisoned him from happiness. He betrayed his friends and family in hope to successfully achieve his revenge. Most importantly, because of this betrayal, he indirectly killed XF. This is unfortunate since deep down, XF is the person who he truly cares and loves the most, all of which centers around his happiness. It wasn’t really until he saw how hurt XF was that he realized the injury he inflicted to her. When he realized this emphaipany during XF’s suicide, it was already too late. “Who caused my sun to fall from the sky. It’s your face that took away my entire light.” The person who caused the sun to fall from the sky turned out to just be LCY/XW himself. If only he would’ve realized the danger revenge, greed, and jealousy would eventually gift him earlier on, then perhaps our leads would’ve not ended so disastrously. How tragic and horrendous it must be when you finally become fully conscious and realize that the monster has always been just within yourself.

Lastly, in episode 48 when Gu Jian dies, XF sings a part of the “Little Fox” song. Does anyone have a theory and or interpretation to why she sings that particular song?

I was a little confused when I watched that scene. However, after reflecting, I think the song was meant to compliment Gu Jian’s side of his tragic storyline and highlight XF’s side of her tragic storyline. Since Gu Jian plays a critical role in creating the Danchi catastrophe and has done wrong to XF, he spends the rest of his life repenting with the hope that XF will one day come back to him. He’s the fox who has done wrong to the shepherd, and consequently, is punished waiting for her regardless of knowing that she will never come back. On the other hand, as to why XF sings that song, it could be because she sees herself as the fox who will one day reunite with the shepherd, her homeland, people who she loves dearly, and most importantly, her Gu Xiaowu. As much as Gu Jian has done XF wrong, she still loved him as her teacher and friend. As much as LCY has done her wrong, she still couldn’t forget Gu Xiaowu, and so her coping mechanism to the monster LCY has turned into was to believe that LCY has killed XW. Therefore, when XF sings, “Little Fox,” it circles back to all the tragedy and hopelessness between our characters.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lastly, in episode 48 when Gu Jian dies, XF sings a part of the “Little Fox” song. Does anyone have a theory and or interpretation to why she sings that particular song?

@ayang23  correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was the only song she knew?  Didn't she sing this to Li Chengyin as well during the course of this series?

• Like 2