[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

Hopelessly holding onto hope that our two favourite leads will:

1. Be in another drama together

2. If there is a movie version, both be cast to star in the movie

3. Film an additional episode for us with some type of alternate happy ending with lots of sweet couple moments

4. Date in real life (I don't care about age unless one is a minor)

Surely we can get one of the above right!? This drama is so hot right now, they should just milk it! Us fans would certainly not complain :D

Side note, if a film version is in the works and has not yet cast it's leads then hopefully they do cast CXX and PXR. Unless both of them have other commitments, they'd be stupid not to. It would be like Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms all over again where even though I adore Liu Yi Fei and Yang Yang, I just couldn't get into the film because they were not Mark Chao and Yang Mi. Granted in this case, I understand the movie was already in (or possibly past?) the filming stage already when the drama ended but I just don't want the same thing to happen to a movie version when the drama was such a hit if they can avoid doing so. Anywho, just my two cents.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Ok, I've seen all the epis and felt the betrayal and the tragedy. 

I know that a lot of you fellow soompiers, have a love/hate relationship with LCY/GXW. I do, too!

But I also realized that he was dealt a really low blow in the fact that he was never given the chance to redeem himself.

Or at the very least, show his regret to XF. I know that what he did to her grandfather and his tribe was bad but he was able to make XF see his side of the story and she forgave him. This, for me, was actually one of the biggest wrongs that he did against her. 

Which leads me to think that XF could have forgiven his "wrong" of using her. I don't know if she could ever trust her after all his scheming but I really believe that she didn't have to kill herself if he had shown remorse just as much as he had shown over killing her grandfather. I feel like they could have worked things out like a modern married couple if there was just some remorse and honesty from LCY/GXW. Don't you guys think that  the betrayal of killing her grandfather is way bigger than the betrayal of using her to reach the Dan Chi camp? If she was able to forgive him for killing her grandfather then she could have also done the same for something connected to it. It's not like he planned to forget her or lose his memories.

I don't know how to explain this properly. Anyway, I know that this is the ending of the novel so they have to follow it but there could be an open ending out there. 

Just wishful thinking on my part. I really like their chemistry and I sort of feel pity for LCY/GXW in the long run despite his crimes. 

I was rewatching the subbed episodes again lastnight and was thinking the same thing. 

I certainly think Li Chengyin has done some unforgivable things and while I can't justify all of those actions, I find it really hard to remain angry with him when I look at things from his point of view. He was put in between a rock and a hard place by committing himself to avenge his mother before he met Xiaofeng. He wasn't planning on falling in love with Xiaofeng either, which of course doesn't justify using her however, this is a completely real different time and age, one where brothers murdered brothers in order to gain the throne so what he was trying to accomplish is what he was familiar with. He just happened to fall in love in the process.. The Danchi Tribe were also quiet brutal and were happy to kill the slaves for sport until Li Chengyin suggested to shoot the bats instead.

I think it's important to remember that Xiaofeng forgave him for killing her grandpa (I can't remember if she outright said it but her actions showed it) and she fell deeper in love with him while they were married after she knew what he'd done. I think the shock of remembering the exact moments of how he had used her to fulfil his goal and the vision of actually seeing him kill her grandpa when she fully regained her memories was incredibly overwhelming and heartbreaking but with time, I think she would have slowly grown to understand where he was coming from again and forgiven him seeing as she had already forgiven him before. The trust was definitely broken but the love never was.

When Xiaofeng regains her memories and hates Li Chengyin again, it's frustrating that her and Gu Jian continue to give Li Chengyin misleading answers as to what their relationship is and who Gu Xiao Wu is. Doesn't help that Gu Jian is adamant about taking Xiaofeng away. Yes, perhaps understanding what would make Xiaofeng happy would also have helped but she was already married to him and the crown princess.. not exactly something that could just be taken back. In his mind, he is already furious that his cousin has run off with his wife after their relationship had positively progressed and then all of a sudden, it's as though she and Gu Jian were hidden lovers this whole time. This is where his next unforgivable moments arise from, first in forcing Xiaofeng to bed him and then forcing her to watch him kill Gu Jian while disregarding Adu. These actions are the ones I really find hard to accept but I do think if they had been open and honest with him, the outcome would have been different.  I also acknowledge he made some very stupid mistakes when trying to fake his love for Sese but he never failed to protect Xiaofeng behind the scenes and still made sure he spent some quality time with her, just a pity that he couldn't have been more open and honest with Xiaofeng about his true intentions.

But yes, if he had given her time after regaining his memories then I also think the end could have been different. Just really sad and tragic all around though :bawling:

Anyways sorry for yet again another long post!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J13 said:

I was rewatching the subbed episodes again lastnight and was thinking the same thing. 

I certainly think Li Chengyin has done some unforgivable things and while I can't justify all of those actions, I find it really hard to remain angry with him when I look at things from his point of view. He was put in between a rock and a hard place by committing himself to avenge his mother before he met Xiaofeng. He wasn't planning on falling in love with Xiaofeng either, which of course doesn't justify using her however, this is a completely real different time and age, one where brothers murdered brothers in order to gain the throne so what he was trying to accomplish is what he was familiar with. He just happened to fall in love in the process.. The Danchi Tribe were also quiet brutal and were happy to kill the slaves for sport until Li Chengyin suggested to shoot the bats instead.

I think it's important to remember that Xiaofeng forgave him for killing her grandpa (I can't remember if she outright said it but her actions showed it) and she fell deeper in love with him while they were married after she knew what he'd done. I think the shock of remembering the exact moments of how he had used her to fulfil his goal and the vision of actually seeing him kill her grandpa when she fully regained her memories was incredibly overwhelming and heartbreaking but with time, I think she would have slowly grown to understand where he was coming from again and forgiven him seeing as she had already forgiven him before. The trust was definitely broken but the love never was.

When Xiaofeng regains her memories and hates Li Chengyin again, it's frustrating that her and Gu Jian continue to give Li Chengyin misleading answers as to what their relationship is and who Gu Xiao Wu is. Doesn't help that Gu Jian is adamant about taking Xiaofeng away. Yes, perhaps understanding what would make Xiaofeng happy would also have helped but she was already married to him and the crown princess.. not exactly something that could just be taken back. In his mind, he is already furious that his cousin has run off with his wife after their relationship had positively progressed and then all of a sudden, it's as though she and Gu Jian were hidden lovers this whole time. This is where his next unforgivable moments arise from, first in forcing Xiaofeng to bed him and then forcing her to watch him kill Gu Jian while disregarding Adu. These actions are the ones I really find hard to accept but I do think if they had been open and honest with him, the outcome would have been different.  I also acknowledge he made some very stupid mistakes when trying to fake his love for Sese but he never failed to protect Xiaofeng behind the scenes and still made sure he spent some quality time with her, just a pity that he couldn't have been more open and honest with Xiaofeng about his true intentions.

But yes, if he had given her time after regaining his memories then I also think the end could have been different. Just really sad and tragic all around though :bawling:

Anyways sorry for yet again another long post!

Thankyou for the post, yes I was very frustrated about how XF wouldn’t tell him who the real QWX was n that really lead to the death of her Shifu. 

They pretty much asked for it. If they told him Shifu won’t died. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Wow I am having mad withdrawals from this drama haha what am I meant to look forward to now!? :joy:

Any suggestions for another drama? I love epic romances and chemistry! Thanks!! :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

This actor CXX have embodied such a complex character that as I was watching this drama I've experienced, love, pity, sympathize and hate all at the same time toward his portrayal of LCY...you hate him but can't help loving him...

Now...I've having a major heartache so I've decided that LCY and XF are actually immortal from the heaven realm that got sent down to earth to experience the greatest trails on Earth and afterwards they will go back to heaven again and falls in love because of their experience on Earth...lol

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cheng Chao said:

This actor CXX have embodied such a complex character that as I was watching this drama I've experienced, love, pity, sympathize and hate all at the same time toward his portrayal of LCY...you hate him but can't help loving him...

Now...I've having a major heartache so I've decided that LCY and XF are actually immortal from the heaven realm that got sent down to earth to experience the greatest trails on Earth and afterwards they will go back to heaven again and falls in love because of their experience on Earth...lol

Omg I love how you think ! Let’s just think that’s the case , just to abate the pain of our heartache lol

• Like 2

On Ep 50, the emperor woke up with blood in his hand. Was he the one who killed his concubine, Ming Yeh?  She was dead with a sword stabbed right into her belly. Both mother and the baby inside died together. Or did she commit suicide?
Either case, what could be the reason for this death?

• Like 1

After watching episode 48, I feel sorry for Gu Jian. At the end, he stood by his love and protection for XF, and he wants to save and take her back to her country, but his fate is too cruel. He went right into LCY's ambush, knowing he is not coming out alive. We saw him from a little boy to a man, his mind was filled with his mission to revenge for his family. Seeing how wrong he was to XF, he puts aside his mission and choose her to make up to the wrong things he did to her. He truly died as a hero, protecting Ahdu, knowing well that XF cannot live without Ahdu. If Ahdu died, XF would be even in more pain than she already is. LCY was full of hate and poison in ep 48!! I never see him so angry, so hateful and jealous!!!!!

Even General Pei couldn't do anything, because he is the subordinate. He even cries and shed a few tears for XF and GJ, or because he feels so helpless. After rewatching some of the episodes, General Pei likes Ming Lou, he never liked the Princess (I thought he was playing hard to get with the princess lol). 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J13 said:

Wow I am having mad withdrawals from this drama haha what am I meant to look forward to now!? :joy:

Any suggestions for another drama? I love epic romances and chemistry! Thanks!! :)

Me too.  I am on EP.40 watching with subs.  I think I will keep watching this beautiful drama till I get bored.  And what has CXX done to us.  I am worst than the stalking fans.  I just look for any cute video of his who post here on this thread and just go to that particular Instagram a/c keep watching his videos. Hahaha, wow!!! Such is the craze for him.  And I saw some videos of him being pushed/pulled by the craze girls.  I think he would have not expected after this drama, to become so popular and craze among the girls, even ahjummas:tounge_wink:

@Cheng Chao, you r late, that's what we all felt when we were watching LCY on the screen.  He was pulling the heartstrings of soompiers in this thread back and forth and we had enough emotional roller coaster after watching the finale.

Hope the rumours are true and both PXR and CXX are being recalled to shoot the epilogue for a proper closure for the leads. Jaiyou!!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@Lindadrama Maybe not telling him was her karma to him for hurting her so badly but dishonesty all around played a huge part in how things turned out.

I get that the ones closest to them wanted to shield them from the truth in the hopes that they could live happily but surely after they got married, fell in love again and then when Xiaofeng regained her memories then someone should have sat the prince down and had an honest conversation with him.. the betrayal at the start was from a political olden day point of view, one that we look at nowadays in disgust because we never lived in that time and age but the hurtful events that occurred after Xiaofeng regained her memories were avoidable I think!

I also just finished rewatching ep 48 (this time subbed) and I think that if Gu Jian had already tried to take Xiaofeng away before she even married Li Chengyin but she already hesitated, then he should've taken that as a sign to stop trying. I know she was not entirely happy at the palace and did want to go home but Gu Jian clearly lied to her too and whilst his intentions were good in the end in just trying to take her home, they were both foolish in thinking they could just run away because she was the crown princess after all. I guess the fact that he didn't have much longer to live added to his last decisions but I don't think he should have continued to encourage Li Chengyin's already jealous and confused mind. Gu Jian already added fuel to the fire, one that had already been burning since the moment Li Chengyin threatened Gu Jian with the arrow when he first kidnapped Xiaofeng, instead of following the original plan to kidnap Li Chengyin. I also can't help but feel bad for our crown prince because at this point, he still doesn't remember anything so he doesn't have the advantage that everyone else has. I really don't think he would have acted the way he has to Xiaofeng if he had regained his memories earlier.

I cried a bucket of tears when Gu Jian died though, he was always trying his hardest to protect Xiaofeng and tried to repent for deceiving her to begin with. The part where he protected Adu was just heartbreaking.. 

CXX's acting at the end of ep 48 though was just wow, a million outta ten! It's like the first time you watch it, you're blown away but when you watch it again, you notice every muscle on his face and body portray his emotions perfectly. That absent anger filled facial expression is just so impressive, the anger in his eyes too. This guy needs an award for this role!

What I really love about this drama is the mixed emotions I get and the ability to really analyze different aspects and see things from all points of view. It's very refreshing!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Lindadrama said:

Thankyou for the post, yes I was very frustrated about how XF wouldn’t tell him who the real QWX was n that really lead to the death of her Shifu. 

They pretty much asked for it. If they told him Shifu won’t died. 

I know, right? Although I knew of the book ending, I just feel so sorry for LCY that he turned into such a monster because he didn't remember soon enough. I'm pretty sure he would have been remorseful and would have thought of a way to make XF happy had he remembered before it was too late. 

As for GJ's death, I feel that he already knew he was dying hence he was a bit reckless in dealing with LCY and XF. I didn't like the idea that he was already dying but he turned it into a glorious moment for him and a downer for LCY. In a way, I think he was manipulating XF into thinking better of him after all he had done. He never had a future with her because of what that obscure doctor said about his health and him using his internal force rescuing A'Du. I think he was just trying to get rid of the guilty feeling he had in the downfall of Dan Chi. 

Sorry, Gu Jian followers!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, J13 said:

@Lindadrama Maybe not telling him was her karma to him for hurting her so badly but dishonesty all around played a huge part in how things turned out.

I get that the ones closest to them wanted to shield them from the truth in the hopes that they could live happily but surely after they got married, fell in love again and then when Xiaofeng regained her memories then someone should have sat the prince down and had an honest conversation with him.. the betrayal at the start was from a political olden day point of view, one that we look at nowadays in disgust because we never lived in that time and age but the hurtful events that occurred after Xiaofeng regained her memories were avoidable I think!

I also just finished rewatching ep 48 (this time subbed) and I think that if Gu Jian had already tried to take Xiaofeng away before she even married Li Chengyin but she already hesitated, then he should've taken that as a sign to stop trying. I know she was not entirely happy at the palace and did want to go home but Gu Jian clearly lied to her too and whilst his intentions were good in the end in just trying to take her home, they were both foolish in thinking they could just run away because she was the crown princess after all. I guess the fact that he didn't have much longer to live added to his last decisions but I don't think he should have continued to encourage Li Chengyin's already jealous and confused mind. Gu Jian already added fuel to the fire, one that had already been burning since the moment Li Chengyin threatened Gu Jian with the arrow when he first kidnapped Xiaofeng, instead of following the original plan to kidnap Li Chengyin. I also can't help but feel bad for our crown prince because at this point, he still doesn't remember anything so he doesn't have the advantage that everyone else has. I really don't think he would have acted the way he has to Xiaofeng if he had regained his memories earlier.

I cried a bucket of tears when Gu Jian died though, he was always trying his hardest to protect Xiaofeng and tried to repent for deceiving her to begin with. The part where he protected Adu was just heartbreaking.. 

CXX's acting at the end of ep 48 though was just wow, a million outta ten! It's like the first time you watch it, you're blown away but when you watch it again, you notice every muscle on his face and body portray his emotions perfectly. That absent anger filled facial expression is just so impressive, the anger in his eyes too. This guy needs an award for this role!

What I really love about this drama is the mixed emotions I get and the ability to really analyze different aspects and see things from all points of view. It's very refreshing!

This totally!

I am loving this drama but I am slightly annoyed at how XF and GJ (and anyone who knew the truth) miscommunicated everything and turned it into an even bigger mess.

GJ was dying... and super pushy with XF in getting her to leave even when she didn't want to....

• Like 4

On 4/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, dancingbee said:

On Ep 50, the emperor woke up with blood in his hand. Was he the one who killed his concubine, Ming Yeh?  She was dead with a sword stabbed right into her belly. Both mother and the baby inside died together. Or did she commit suicide?
Either case, what could be the reason for this death?

I think she commit suicide. She really fall in love with the emperor, but he practically killed all of her family and don’t even let her father go (i assume he killed him with poison wine when they met).

so i think she felt guilty that she could fall in love with her family’s destroyer and commit suicide.

it’s mirroring how XF choose to die rather than be with LCY (although a big part of it because A’Du is gone too).

that’s why i think it doesn’t matter if XF tell LCY that he is GXW or if only LCY remember sooner that he is GXW. Cause in the end, XF will not choose to be by his side because he destroyed her whole family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1