1 minute ago, joonminfan said:

@aisling I know that Time isn’t the best drama out there, but please continue to watch it for JH! He is so so so so so good in there!

I just finished episode 12 and I feel so dejected right now. I would finish any drama for him even though the story didn’t captivate me.

Episode 12 of Time wrecked me. Jung Hyun looked like he would pass out any second, his pale face and the way all the clothes hung on him loosely.... He literally looked like he barely stood on his feet. Now I feel even prouder of him because he picked himself from the ground after Time and made a comeback with a BANG!

I didn’t care about anyone except for Soo Ho, so I really can’t comment on anything else. Episode 12 was very painful to watch. Not only because Jung Hyun looked so sick and ill but because Soo Ho’s fate was so sad and tragic. When he broke down and said he wanted to live happily and raise kids I totally lost it and started sobbing uncontrollably. My respect for him as an actor is immense. 

He immersed himself into Soo Ho and that was the main reason, but I also think he overworked himself to the core back in 2018. Apparently there were only 2 or 3 weeks between the finale Welcome to Waikiki and the script reading for “Time.”

He did two projects in a row without taking a break.

• Like 3

I think I'll watch Time on weekend since everyone is raving how good he is here.  The first time I knew of him was during that presscon. Netz were really harsh on him that day and I've learned that he became ill after. I think I was on my kdrama hiatus that time but I was still reading posts about kdrama news and stuffs. And I am happy that his return had given him 2 high rated dramas and he was able to come back smoothly. And I am glad how supportive his co stars and staffs of Mr Queen that they made if fun for him while filming. I am looking forward to his new project as he always gives his 101%  on the character. 

• Like 4

@aisling

Time isn’t the best drama but KJH is the best there. Tbh, his leading lady isn’t bad if you don’t compare her to SHS. If you watched Time before MQ you will really appreciate the OTP. I stopped watching after she proposed to him, too painful to watch. His suffering on screen and off screen were so jarring. He lost weight and getting paler by episode.

@enzek

She is Kim Yong Ji. New actress, I watched her in The Lies Within as a cameo and The Tale of The Nine Tailed as second couple. She was good and upstaged Jo Boah as female lead IMO. She looks great and I think  by pairing her with KJH it will be a feast to the eyes...

• Like 3

@lhynne yes please do watch Time and share with us here what you think! I think you will even have more appreciation for JH’s talent after watching him in sequence of his dramas - School 2016, Waikiki, Time, Cloy and MQ. Every character is so different and he can do both drama and comedy. I would love to see him in a dark comedy the next time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, aisling said:

Did all of you watch Time? I’m on episode 10 and the script, directing, even editing is so off and messy? Jung Hyun is trying his best but the writing does nothing for me. The female lead isn’t on par with his acting and it’s like watching one man show. And is a lack of skinship intentional? Besides the scene where he picked her up from the street... they didn’t even touch once? 

It’s starting to be very apparent how thin he is compared to the first episode. 

Overall as get older I have zero patience for nonsense script.

Honestly I pressed FF button and skipped many scenes in TIME once I realized the story is frustrating and too depressing. After the episode where Suhoo died, I jumped to the final episode, to the last scene, wondered how it ended. 

Before I started watching Mr. Queen, I watched True Beauty, I have no idea why I watched it. Maybe I just needed some laughs, but I dropped it at episode 6. Not my cup of tea. I don't like the story line either. And Mr. Queen was perfect already, I thought.

For me, like other people, drama series is my escape room from work related stresses. So I don't want more stresses from drama series too, especially drama that has poor story line, too much dramatisation scenes and poor acting. Well even though I watch it for fun but I use my brain too when I watch them, so... :sweat_smile: 

• Like 3

Lol @skinnyjeans I watched Time as it aired so it was so much more agonising than binge-watching it. Every week I wanted to run away because I didn’t want to see Suho suffering, but at the same time, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the magnificent JH. In the end, I finished it. And went away blown away by his talent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

Lol @skinnyjeans I watched Time as it aired so it was so much more agonising than binge-watching it. Every week I wanted to run away because I didn’t want to see Suho suffering, but at the same time, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the magnificent JH. In the end, I finished it. And went away blown away by his talent.

I can imagine the agony...:brokenheart:

People should also appreciate his talent and respect to the efforts he poured on TIME.

Good that when it happened many people from the entertainment industry and even journalists supported him.

Even though I believe he also has good support system who encourage him so he could come back and BANG the audience with his impressive works in CLOY and Mr. Queen.

To the haters...

Je4Rngf.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hello, I have been finding his thread for a while. I started to notice him in waikiki. And then I became his fan in CLOY and now after Mr.Queen, I'm totally in love with him. 

Now, I could support him fully, he bounced back even better. I am so proud of him.

I also watched Time for him, but dropped after his character died.

Anyone knows why his ig hasn't verified yet? Is there anything we can do?

• Like 4

I’m watching BTS videos of Time after I finished the drama yesterday. Jung Hyun actually looked healthy and happy at the beginning of Time. It was painful to see him descending into the depression and insomnia later...

This is from Time script reading, he was focused but he still looked very much healthy. I think his eyes could set fire to my soul if I saw them in real life. 

spacer.png

3WylJ6K.jpg

First time I’m seeing him doing manner legs  :hooray2:

mG7qlx0.png

@Eliza Marlowe Hi and welcome to the thread! I read that he already applied for his account to be verified but I don’t know why it’s taking so long.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kim Jung Hyun Reviews His Role In “Mr. Queen,” His Criteria For His Next Project, And More

Feb 24, 2021
by M. Kang

Kim Jung Hyun delivers a breath of fresh spring air with his pictorial for Allure Korea!

Following the successful finale of his drama “Mr. Queen,” Kim Jung Hyun received praise for his performance of the two-faced King Cheoljong. The actor stated, “I want to be an actor who catches one’s eye and brings a character to life by expressing the character well.”

He added, “I think I worked hard on concentrating and focusing in on it. Rather than trying to act a certain way, I focused on how I can show the dynamics between Cheoljong and the people around him.”

kim-jung-hyun6.jpg

A scene that garnered much attention was one where King Cheoljong expresses the memory of spending the night together to Kim So Yong (Shin Hye Sun). He shared that it was an ad-lib, explaining, “The scene wasn’t there before, but during rehearsals I thought it might be good if it went like that so I came up with it it. I felt like the notion of being left behind would be emphasized. I didn’t think I would have to do it in a clever manner. I just thought that I would have to explain it the best I can.”

kim-jung-hyun11.jpg

Wrapping up the interview, Kim Jung Hyun commented, “These days, I want to do a project that gives hope or courage. I think I would be comforted while partaking in it. I hope that I’ll be able to work on a project that warms people’s hearts and makes them happy.”

kim-jung-hyun21.jpg

- - - -

I’m not getting the last picture. What is the concept of spilling water on himself?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

@aisling he should be wearing white if he’s gonna do that :4267_LiccGif:

Like in Time when he jumped into the sea and his white shirt got soaked and everything was visible??? That was honestly really distracting. I can’t believe they made him wear that thin white shirt if they knew he’d be soaked up. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m not getting the last picture. What is the concept of spilling water on himself?

Maybe this?

credit to the owner

To be honest, I will never understand some of the concept of the celebrities photoshoot though.

The most bizarre photoshoot that I stumbled upon was there was an real octopus too in the photoshoot.

I don't remember who was the celebrity but I remember about the octopus so vividly.

What in the world was that:bawling:

Oh man, Kim Jung Hyun is so:relaxed:

credit to the owner

LOOL

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, aisling said:

I don’t know why that grandpa blazer grates on me so much. Why would he choose that unflattering blazer when he can look like a fckboy.

Because it will hard for him to keep his focus on the press conference if the women there always giving him their thirsty look like you @aisling,@skinnyjeans, @shimshimae@joonminfan , @cenching @lhynne

calm down freak out GIF

Even with the blood he still looks hot in this scene:bawling:

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I’m just looking respectfully from my mobile screen :joy: 

It’s just that it’s such a shame to hide that body when he works out so hard for it. As someone who hates exercising (but thank god, my metabolism is still working fine) I respect everyone who can commit to working out to maintain this body. I mean, they need to work out regularly and avoid certain foods. It’s easier for awhile but limiting yourself for a long run, that’s quite an achievement.

A Korean fan made this long compilation (12 minutes) of Jung Hyun’s adlibs. It’s practically like he wrote his own script. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1