@aisling, thank you for starting the thread, and maintaining it.

@backstreetboysfan, thank you for all the updates about the new Drama. I am super excited for it.

Below is another short article about it.
~~~~~~~~~~

New Drama: "Kkokdu's Gye-jeol"

spacer.png

"Kkokdu's Gye-jeol" (2022)

Directed by Baek Soo-chan, Kim Ji-hoon-XIV

Written by Heo Joon-woo-I, Kang Yi-hun

Network: MBC

With Kim Jung-hyun, Im Soo-hyang,...

16 episodes - Fri, Sat 21:50
Synopsis
A drama about what happens when a death god, Ggokdu who comes down to the earth every 99 years to punish humans, works as a visiting doctor.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2022/11

Source

We should submit license requests for it.

Viki
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie
Netflix  (one request only)
https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Jung Hyun And Im Soo Hyang’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Confirms Premiere Date And Supporting Cast

More details have been shared about Im Soo Hyang and Kim Jung Hyun’s new drama—including its January premiere!

MBC’s upcoming drama “Kkokdu’s Gye Jeol” (literal title, also meaning “The Season of Kkokdu”) is a fantasy romance which tells the story of a grim reaper named Kkokdu who comes down to this world to punish humans every 99 years. Kkokdu meets Han Gye Jeol, a doctor with mysterious abilities, and starts working as a visiting doctor.

Kim Jung Hyun will take on the role of Kkokdu, the eccentric guide of the underworld, while Im Soo Hyang will play Han Gye Jeol, a skillful doctor with bad luck that lead her to graduate from the medical school that is ranked last in the nation.

On top of the two main leads, the drama also confirmed the lineup of talented actors including Dasom, An Woo Yeon, Kim In Kwon, and Cha Chung Hwa. Dasom will play golden girl Tae Jung Won, and An Woo Yeon will take on the role of Han Gye Jeol’s younger brother and detective Han Chul who can’t tolerate injustice. Kim In Kwon will portray the oblivious and clueless god Ok Shin who takes care of Kkokdu, while Cha Chung Hwa plays the exact opposite character, the intuitive god Gak Shin. As the phrase “ok shin gak shin” means “quarreling” in Korean, viewers can already anticipate the kind of chemistry the two veteran actors will present.

Kkokdus-Gye-Jeol-768x1024.jpeg

The upcoming drama will be a collaboration project between writers Kang Yi Heon and Heo Jun Woo of the unique crime thriller “Less Than Evil,” director Baek Soo Chan of “Alice,” “Into the World Again,” and “Dear Fair Lady Kong Shim,” and director Kim Ji Hoon of “Check Out the Event,” raising anticipation for their special romance story that goes back and forth between the afterlife and this world.

“Kkokdu’s Gye Jeol” will air every Friday and Saturday starting January 27, 2023.

Kim Jung Hyun And Im Soo Hyang’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Confirms Premiere Date And Supporting Cast | Soompi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Jung Hyun Is Both A Vengeful Grim Reaper And A Caring Doctor In New Fantasy Drama

New stills for MBC’s upcoming fantasy drama starring Kim Jung Hyun are here to get viewers hyped!

“Kkokdu’s Gye Jeol” (literal title, also meaning “The Season of Kkokdu”) is a fantasy romance which tells the story of a grim reaper named Kkokdu (Kim Jung Hyun) who comes down to this world to punish humans every 99 years. Kkokdu meets Han Gye Jeol (Im Soo Hyang), a doctor with mysterious abilities, and starts working as a visiting doctor.

Kim Jung Hyun will be taking on two roles in this new drama: the grim reaper Kkokdu and Do Jin Woo, a surgical professor at Pilsung Hospital. Kkokdu is the sole grim reaper in charge of leading humans to the underworld, and he despises their fickleness and weak nature. However, there was once a time long ago when Kkokdu himself was a human, but he has forgotten his identity and who he had been waiting for after his death. As he falls deep into a grudge, he earns himself the anger of the Creator and is given the punishment of dealing with the whining of humans and carrying out their own punishments.

The newly released photos focus on Kkokdu’s fierce and fiery gaze as he carries out the punishment of the deceased, and viewers can feel an immeasurable amount of anger coming from him as he is forced to repeat a horrendous fight every day of his existence. In another image, Kkokdu can be seen wearing the attire of a warrior. His general aura remains unchanged, but there is also a certain loneliness draped over his entire being, making viewers wonder who exactly Kkokdu used to be and what made him come to carry such a terrible grudge.

kim-jung-hyun-1-768x511.jpg

kim-jung-hyun-3-768x511.jpg

Then there is Do Jin Woo, the youngest executive director at Pilsung Hospital and the man Kkokdu has come to possess. Do Jin Woo is a skilled and highly revered doctor, but after being involved in an unexpected medical accident, he must go about life hiding his festering wounds behind a carefully crafted mask. As he works to uncover the truth with Han Gye Jeol, a doctor with no background qualifications, he comes to be possessed by Kkokdu, who brings snow with him in the middle of summer.

Spoiler

kim-jung-hyun-2-768x511.jpg

“Kkokdu’s Gye Jeol” will premiere on January 27 at 9:50 p.m.

Kim Jung Hyun Is Both A Vengeful Grim Reaper And A Caring Doctor In New Fantasy Drama | Soompi

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone :relaxed: 
very happy I can find this forum :blush:  kim jung hyun become one of my favorite actors since I watched him at mr.queen

I had watched all of his drama too

I'm so happy to hear that he will back to act again and I'm so excited to watch him at Season of Kkokdu 
Hope everyone in this forum can accept me and I'm sorry.. my english is not so good :sweat_smile:

• Blob 2

Kim Jung Hyun In Talks To Star In New Drama

Kim Jung Hyun In Talks To Star In New Drama

Kim Jung Hyun may be starring in a new drama!

On January 13, SPOTV reported that Kim Jung Hyun was offered a lead role in the new drama “Second Favorite Person” (literal title) and is reviewing the offer. In response to the report, Kim Jung Hyun’s agency Story J Company shared, “‘Second Favorite Person’ is one of the projects he has received an offer for.”

Meanwhile, Kim Jung Hyun is gearing up for his return to the small screen through “Kokdu: Season of Deity” which premieres on January 27. “Kokdu: Season of Deity” is a fantasy romance drama which tells the story of a grim reaper named Kokdu (Kim Jung Hyun) who comes down to this world to punish humans every 99 years.

While you wait for more updates, check out a teaser for “Kokdu: Season of Deity”:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562759wpp/kim-jung-hyun-in-talks-to-star-in-new-drama

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...