[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

1 hour ago, ocean90 said:

Oh I think I didn't pay attention to that scene..I will go back and watch the 1st & 2nd episodes again.. Thanks chingus.. I have to learn from your watching with eyes like hawk :lol:. And understanding the drama so well.

Btw, we see that the doc wears black jacket and helmet and riding a motorcycle when giving some money to JD's mother, Ha Ram saw a shadow inside him.

I somehow thought at that time it was JD.

(but I guess I'm wrong, since the doc acts like a true doctor and not like JD) 

This scene between Black, PHS/416 and 007 happened much later. Not in the beginning... he asked 007 because Crazy dog kept asking him to remember who killed Clara. 

By the way, I believe that Black is getting more and more problems with his heart because he is becoming a human. I guess, he hasn't been taking his medicine (the suppressant for a rejection) as he is not aware of the problem. Moreover, he has always thought that he would leave HMG's body.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

Re Leo's memories of drug overdose, is it possible Ji Dong was not inhabiting the body at that moment but just watching the scene as a reaper?

What a good idea!! Then you solved one of my problems... hence this theory has become more plausible.

If this theory is correct (JD being possessing Leo), then this would explain

• why Leo couldn't dance well on the show as JD is not a dancer 
  • why Leo has become a really good actor (he got complimented) as JD wanted to become an actor
  • why he chose to stop the writer from committing suicide as he knows what the consequences are
  • why he chose to support and help that rookie writer as Leo since JD had experienced the same in his past life... he wanted to give this rookie writer an opportunity because he knew too well what it meant. Himself was never given the chance to show his true abilities!!

As for the drugs, maybe JD has been experiencing withdrawal symptoms hence he tried different things to overcome his addiction. Hence he went to the room in order to hide ... maybe he drank alcohol at the hospital to fight against the drug addiction.

@ocean90 @icyphoenix @vangsweetie637@nona88 @Ais1ing @philosophie @zinaa @UnniSarah 

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What a good idea!! Then you solved one of my problems... hence this theory has become more plausible.

• why Leo has become a really good actor (he got complimented) as JD wanted to become an actor
  • why he chose to stop the writer from committing suicide as he knows what the consequences are
  • why he chose to support and help that rookie writer as Leo since JD had experienced the same in his past life... he wanted to give this rookie writer an opportunity because he knew too well what it meant. Himself was never given the chance to show his true abilities!!

As for the drugs, maybe JD has been experiencing withdrawal symptoms hence he tried different things to overcome his addiction. Hence he went to the room in order to hide ... maybe he drank alcohol at the hospital to fight against the drug addiction.

@ocean90 @icyphoenix @vangsweetie637@nona88 @Ais1ing @philosophie @zinaa @UnniSarah 

I would love that twist of JD possessing Leo. It would also make sense why he helped out the cops by saying the truth about LMS, like what he witnessed and same with when Chen told him to leave the room. He didn’t hide anything and was truthful. HR can’t see JDs shadow cause he’s her GR. However, two things I wonder about is if JD is Posessing Leo, how did he know about that Cell phone and his dad? Also wasn’t the very first flashback of the hotel room in Leo’s perspective? 

Hello my chingus! Finally made my way back to this thread! I can't believe our beloved Black will be ending this weekend already :(

I am a bit iffy on the idea that JD may have possessed Leo at one time. I think his guilt may be riding with him for a long time now. It does seem like he knows all about his dad's shady secrets. But one thing that caught my attention was the fact that Congressman Kim mentioned he did not kill HR's dad. I wonder if that is the truth, then who killed HR's dad? :blink: 

Also, as one mystery ended, I feel like we still have yet to close the biggest one of all: Joon. So, the body is not Joon. I think our theory that the real Joon is the one in the car will be correct, and HMG's mom is involved, my question is: if Joon is not the one that was run over, then who was it? Black went to ask about the mark on 'Joon's' back from the picture, but the mom said there was no such thing. Is it possible that Joon's supposed ashes are indeed SC's body? I know that his body is still not discovered. 

I am scared for those spoiler pics I saw a while back. It seems like the Death Squad will have a hold of 444 after all. A part of me hopes that HR will travel to the underworld and do something about it. She can see the amusement park of the GRs. I want HR and 444 to have a happy ending, as it was clearly hinted that her parents had the opposite ending. 007 keeps questioning 444's logic to leave the body, leave HR, and such. I now think 007 was connected or perhaps the partner of the first 444. 

If we don't get a happy ending, then I would at least like one that makes sense. I can't deal with any open endings. 

@bebebisous33 @icyphoenix @ocean90 @nona88 @philosophie and all my other chingus on here, let us see what the finale brings us :wink:

I'm sorry but I really hate Ha Ram's mom. I can understand if she felt like deceived or something but she didn't just leave him, she left Ha Ram too. She can't just be deciding to act like a mom and not want Ha Ram to have the same fate as her. First of all, Ha Ram is a grown woman and can make her own decisions. Secondly, Ha Ram is not her mother. I don't believe she would leave Black once she learns the truth. Thirdly, in case Ha Ram's mom has forgotten or doesn't know, Ha Ram is Half Grim Reaper making her like Black and the others.

Also the fact that, it's like she killed Ha Ram's father. That kinda how it feels for me anyway. Yes, he did hide his true identity from her but his love for her was not a lie. He also never did anything to hurt her and always protected her. She didn't even give him a chance. When Ha Ram told her mom that he was going to die, she did nothing! She didn't even go back to him and try to stop him! She didn't care and just let him die! Because of that Ha Ram was all alone for twenty years. If she had done things differently, there's a chance he would still be alive and with Ha Ram right now.

She abandoned her own child and clearly told her that her being born was a mistake. Now she comes back, acting like she cares? If she really loved her daughter, she wouldn't had left her in the first place. She should be ashamed of herself.

42 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

I'm sorry but I really hate Ha Ram's mom. I can understand if she felt like deceived or something but she didn't just leave him, she left Ha Ram too. She can't just be deciding to act like a mom and not want Ha Ram to have the same fate as her. First of all, Ha Ram is a grown woman and can make her own decisions. Secondly, Ha Ram is not her mother. I don't believe she would leave Black once she learns the truth. Thirdly, in case Ha Ram's mom has forgotten or doesn't know, Ha Ram is Half Grim Reaper making her like Black and the others.

Also the fact that, it's like she killed Ha Ram's father. That kinda how it feels for me anyway. Yes, he did hide his true identity from her but his love for her was not a lie. He also never did anything to hurt her and always protected her. She didn't even give him a chance. When Ha Ram told her mom that he was going to die, she did nothing! She didn't even go back to him and try to stop him! She didn't care and just let him die! Because of that Ha Ram was all alone for twenty years. If she had done things differently, there's a chance he would still be alive and with Ha Ram right now.

She abandoned her own child and clearly told her that her being born was a mistake. Now she comes back, acting like she cares? If she really loved her daughter, she wouldn't had left her in the first place. She should be ashamed of herself.

You are not alone in this. The mother was really selfish and cruel that I am not looking forward for a reconciliation between Ha Ram and her mother. She didn't just abandon Ha Ram, she even cursed her daughter hence the stepfather would treat Ha Ram like a cursed person. When the mother appeared in the first episode, she beat her so many times telling her that she was ashamed. But once she needed HR's gift, then she had no remorse to ask help from her. She knew that Ha Ram was different but she preferred to kill her and later to hide the truth from her.

Ha Ram will understand Black's words much better, once she knows the truth... but unlike her mother, she will embrace him. She loves him for who he is... like she said: a man who has never kissed before, who can be rude but is willing to endanger his life to save her. No one has ever done that for her, not even her mother.   

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@bebebisous33

Wow I think you are right here... that explain a lot about Leo 

Black: Episode 16

by odilettante

black1604682.jpg

Thank goodness this show got an extension, because I can’t imagine how all the major plot points and minor loose ends would have been tied up by now. However, we do get a lot of answers this episode as the detectives figure out how to find the missing tape in order to nab the person responsible for so many deaths.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/black-episode-16/

10 hours ago, missjjang said:

I also think the same with it...

because Leo act differently, it's seem like he is looking for his belonging for the first time...then, he also stop using drug if I'm not mistaken...He always use drug and it seems impossible to just leave it like that...

And aren't Haram say before, that she can't see her own shadow...since 444 and his partner is Haram GR, i think she can't see them...This might answer why she can't look for 444 missing partner...

I also thought that Leo could be Black`s missing partner but I could not have explained why Haram can`t see the shadows on him. Interesting theory.

This remark on dramabeans made me smile. On this thread, we have a much more sinister image of HMG's mother. She is definitely no angel and she lied to Crazy dog. The different pictures are a clue. Moreover, Joon only appeared in Moojin on April 19th (4 days after the collapse)... whereas she mentioned that she went down there due to a seminar on April 16th.

I don’t have a good guess about who put the body in the road to make it look like Joon, although I’m thinking it was Creepy Doc since he was in Mujin for the medical conference at that time and was Moo-gang’s mother’s hoobae before becoming her… lover? …or whatever the heck he is to her now. I just don’t see Moo-gang’s mother as being quite so ruthless to be the one to leave a boy’s body on the road like that, and even if he’s not a Reaper in disguise, Creepy Doc definitely knows something.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@bebebisous33...as always love the way you break down the reason why Leo is so different from the previous Leo. He has been acting really weird since the overdose. Helping people, standing up for the writer.:D:)

3 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

I feel the same @scarletlover1 , her mom is so fake and selfish. :angry::ph34r::angry:

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Glad  I could help.   Nice summary. I think it also explains what seems to be a personality change.  He was really nasty to Tiffany in that flashback scene, a chip off his old man's block. But saved the writer girl and he's been growing on me since.  He was rude to Black when he met him, wanting to get away, but that would be because he knows his old partner is looking for him. Also, as Leo's old manager, he knows a lot about him, though maybe he hadn't known Leo lived in Mujin once, as his new manager seems to know.

But he Does know what Moo Gang learned from Leo about events 20 years ago because he was watching, and moreover anything else Congressman Kim might have told him thinking he was his son, such as the truth about Mad Dog's death. Things start coming into focus if this is the case.

All in all, it's a real possibility, and it would be kind of fun to see Black and Loser Leo teamed up at the end  to catch whoever was responsible for Joon's death.

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This remark on dramabeans made me smile. On this thread, we have a much more sinister image of HMG's mother. She is definitely no angel and she lied to Crazy dog. The different pictures are a clue. Moreover, Joon only appeared in Moojin on April 19th (4 days after the collapse)... whereas she mentioned that she went down there due to a seminar on April 16th.

Moo Gang`s mother was suspicious from the beginning. she has something to hide and it is something with her son. The doctor boyfriend is a Grim Reaper. I am curious what really happended in their story.

I wanted to ask last week. When we see the flashback and Moo Gang went to see somebody in a luxurious house and then he left the room depressed. Who was that person? I could not see him very well. It is something about him , maybe about his mother, somebody close to him or somebody he knows. He did not seem to care if he dies for a moment but he changed his mind and he wanted to live to ask somebody (a man? the translations indicated a male ) why he did that bad thing?

It looks like his mother and the doctor did something wrong and cover up.

17 minutes ago, larus said:

Moo Gang`s mother was suspicious from the beginning. she has something to hide and it is something with her son. The doctor boyfriend is a Grim Reaper. I am curious what really happended in their story.

I wanted to ask last week. When we see the flashback and Moo Gang went to see somebody in a luxurious house and then he left the room depressed. Who was that person? I could not see him very well. It is something about him , maybe about his mother, somebody close to him or somebody he knows. He did not seem to care if he dies for a moment but he changed his mind and he wanted to live to ask somebody (a man? the translations indicated a male ) why he did that bad thing?

My  subs said he wanted to ask her why she did that bad thing. Elsewhere, someone else said he wanted to ask 'that person' about it.  My understanding is that Korean often doesn't use gendered pronouns so I suspect we might be left in the dark about the sex of the person he's referring to.

3 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

My  subs said he wanted to ask her why she did that bad thing. Elsewhere, someone else said he wanted to ask 'that person' about it.  My understanding is that Korean often doesn't use gendered pronouns so I suspect we might be left in the dark about the sex of the person he's referring to.

In this case,  I am sure that Moo Gang wanted to ask his mother the question. So, his mother had something to do with Joon`s disapperence. Now we have to find out the whole truth.

@bebebisous33 that could be a good plot twist : About Leo being possessed by JD. I think he is not a bad guy after all.He wants to live as Leo... even so, that's a bad thing..

And maybe the real Leo used drugs because he's rebelling to his father.. he knows his father's sins, that's why he wants to forget that he's a child of a murderer..

Like you chingus,, I don't like Ha Ram's mother.. she said so many hurtful words to Ha Ram and she realized that she has a daughter when she needed something from Ha Ram..However, I think she's repenting from her sins.. she thinks what's best for her daughter.. She's just afraid about Black's threat.. (Why did Black add more fear to the already afraid mom) bad Black hehe..

But Ha Ram can decide on her own though.. And yeah I hope for them to reconcile in the end.

And about MG's mom, she can do bad things beyond our imagination.. if it's for her son's sake.. she once said, how much she did to make MG alive.. Even follow MG to the underworld if he's truly dead.. Now that he's dead,, she would follow him.. maybe kill herself because of her crimes?

I wonder what will happen to Mg's body if Black leaves it? 

Would it be totally dead?

Gonna see some spoilers tonight hehe.

Gosh, endings are sad but we have to face it. Hope for a happy ending! Black fighting!!

4 hours ago, larus said:

HMG received a call and went to the hotel in order to meet Leo. Leo was the one who asked HMG not to reveal the tape and told him that if he used the tape, then he would get hurt as well. With these words, Leo implied that HMG's family was involved. Notice that in an earlier episode, we were shown that HMG had a envelop in his hand that he threw away after refusing to save Leo. 

As for the comment, he wanted to live so that he could ask him, the "him" could be a reference to his stepfather. Nevertheless, I had more the impression that it could be related to the translation. For me, because of the words in the episode 3 (HMG's soul: "why now? I can't be dead. I have to ask her why or how she could do this!") I had the impression that at the hotel, HMG discovered that his mother was responsible for Joon's death. Yet his words underline that he had not found out the motive for her involvement. 

I have the feeling that 007 lied to Black about the destination of HMG's soul. I don't think that he went to paradise because he let Leo die. The latter was under drug influence and died from an overdose. We still don't know if HMG used the drug against Leo and as such committed a crime. If our theory is correct (JD possessing Leo), then JD knew about their meeting because of the video he watched in the episode 16. This video is the clue why JD knew about their meeting: Leo and HMG. Unlike the real Leo who wanted to save his father and was willing to threaten HMG, JD is a decent person (he tried to give a clue that NGG had been killed) hence he will give the video to Black. I am more and more convinced that Leo is JD.

After watching the episode 15 and 16 a second time, it became clear that Chen is working for people who have the butterfly watch, therefore he needed to take back the watch from Congressman Kim YS. Bong and his colleagues think that he is just a hit killer but there is more to it. However, in the episode 16 we can definitely notice that neither OSC, nor KSY nor WBS were the one who gave the order to create these butterfly watches. There must be someone else behind it.

Now, I am wondering if the real villain in this drama is not this man:

black1604956a.jpg

Strangely, although he is blind, he can recognise Ha Ram every time. How? Moreover, he had never met her before. First of all, we have to question ourselves what he would gain if he was the real mastermind:

•   When he asked Ha Ram to stop meddling for the first time, she had helped Kim and Wang Young Choon to survive.black1103881a.jpgBut let just say, if she had not intervened, then Kim would have died so that WYC would have left the country. Moreover, the involvement of Kim and WYC in the Moojin Time Mart's disaster would have remained unknown. By saving both, she didn't just endanger her life later, the detectives kept digging and found a connection to Royeol Group. Since Kim was afraid of getting caught, OMH was framed... as a result, Royeol Group is facing a crisis. Her intervention had huge consequences in the long run: Royeol Group's reputation got ruined.
  • Sure, now Kim has been framed himself for things he is not responsible. But since Royeol Group represents the source of income, it means that the mastermind lost an important tool. Kim has become the new scapegoat, but the mastermind has again lost a minion.
  • Now, HR wants to investigate the death of OMS's half-brother. So here again he intervenes by warning her... but his story (helping the pilot) could be definitely a lie. If HR wants to reveal the truth about Nam Joo Seung's sexual assault and she is about to succeed that the cause of his death is not clear, then the senator Nam JP will lose the election. I guess, the mastermind used Nam and Kim in order to make sure that one of them becomes the next president. Since Kim has confessed his crimes, he is no longer a candidate. That's why I believe that the suicide of the mother could be another fake suicide. If the mother is found dead, there will be no more complaint. I have the feeling that her meeting with OMS's mother will be the reason why Chen is sent to create the fake suicide because HR won't change her mind. Right now, she is wavering but in the end, she will see that she is OMS's mother and OMS has lost his entire family except her. So she will feel sorry.
  • As conclusion, while HR tries to prevent a suicide, Black will on his side try to uncover the real cause of Joon's death. That's how they will make the connection between Nam and HMG's mother. From my point of view, he needs to stop Ha Ram because with her determination, he might lose his last allies. Nam helped HMG's mother to frame Joon's mother with the drug. He used this man as minion Black episode 8 superior to Captain Bong Man Sik.png

I am also wondering if the whole Moojin Time Mart collapse has not been planned in order to help HMG's mother for the transplant. Let just say: what if the grim reaper wanted to fulfill her wish, help HMG to stay alive with a heart transplant? Another grim reaper who fell in love with a human and we would have a big tragedy indeed. We keep hearing this warning from 007. But what if this warning had been addressed to someone else too?

Let me know what you think about it!

@icyphoenix @philosophie @zinaa@nona88 @vangsweetie637 @UnniSarah @Ais1ing @alekaonu @Mau_Cherry @ocean90 @bluemoony 

Archived