[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Too many things happened in the latest ep, so I need to rewatch it again before I give more detailed comments but suffice to say all those happenings help boost the ratings rather than the repeated meetings between AS and EC.

I really admire KES for going beyond herself writing about political maneuverings instead of just romance. I have been recommending all my friends to watch this drama, because a drama of this genre is so rare in Kdrama arena.

Yeah Lee Wan Ik should be murdered soon, I wonder how he will die though, he has made everyone his enemy.

Yes, for a loser, HS is very likeable, credits to KES's writing again.

• Like 7

Funny thoughts  

Why does it seem to me that AS will shoot in the cord (billets?) at the saddle (sniper)?  EC will fall from a horse and back to the city on foot. EC will think that she missed the target (him) and say she must train more (fit his character).

Potter will think she killed him but they will talk together and they will go to the leader of RA. I wonder what the conversation will be like.

He will think that Hongpa did this - cut :)

Penalty Aeshin for choking her in the room.

The arrow passes the river. The sniper rifle simplifies the matter even more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elfvanvan said:

@Ahpheng

Yah iam hoping too, but K or no K their stares and gesture are enough to make me giddy... Those sweet longing, small smile i just cant.. :wub:

THIS^^^. Yes, a kiss or many will be welcome but the smiles, longing stares, the deep looks, the concern in the absence of the other, the worry for their well being - all these are depicting a deep love far more better than physical intimacy. 

I like some skinship and physical intimacy as much as the next fan, but tbh, some of the fans getting too disappointed at the lack of it is getting on my nerves. To them I say, fellow fans,  find the beauty and love in all the little things that are being shown - don't they make your heart flutter? don't these moments leave you with a longing for more?  If yes, then the writer has done her job well. 

All credit to @taeri_yeosin instagram - Guys, have you seen this spoiler: Face off at the kiln site.  Looks like Eugene will make it safely to the kiln. Hmm, he left the RA guy tied up and arrested, so I wonder how he is pointing a gun at Eugene. Look to the extreme right of the pics - you can see Ae Shin's dark coat too. Looking forward to this scene very much. 

• Like 7

Published on August 19, 2018 by Stone Music Entertainment

Source: iLyrics Buzz

O3ohn (오존) – Shine Your Star (Prod. by ZICO)
Album: Mr. Sunshine (미스터 션샤인) OST Part. 9 (tvN 주말드라마)
Lyrics: 사피라 K(Safira.K), 지코(ZICO)
Composition: 지코(ZICO), Poptime
Arrangement: Poptime, 정동환, 지코(ZICO)
Release date: 2018.08.19

What got this fire burning
Lit up my heart so bright
Should’ve been a little careful from the start yeah

I smile in my heart when I see you
Gotta say it’s way too hard
To hide the truth

Can I call your name inside my dreams
When I close my eyes that’s when we’re free

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling
in a deeper longing for you

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

I know that it’s impossible to
hold you close in my arms
be true

Tell you that you’re in my heart
you make me smile

But fate stands in between us
Our end and our beginning
Like frost in an endless storm
Beautiful but cold

Can I call your name outside my dreams
When I close my eyes that’s when we’re free

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

In a world without distortion
In a land that only shines
There, I could be myself, there we could begin without pain

Can I be your star
Be your light
Be your everything

Every night I’m falling

Can I be your star
Be your light
Shine your lonely night

I will guide your dark
and lonely night

In a world without distortion
In a land that only shines
There, I could be myself

ms227.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ahpheng said:
RE: The HAND ON CHEEK STRIP

IMHO, this act of Ae Shin was so intimate and touching, that I would not trade it for any kisses at that moment. I would go so far as to say that a kiss would have ruined that highly emotional scene. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

THIS^^^. Yes, a kiss or many will be welcome but the smiles, longing stares, the deep looks, the concern in the absence of the other, the worry for their well being - all these are depicting a deep love far more better than physical intimacy. 

I like some skinship and physical intimacy as much as the next fan, but tbh, some of the fans getting too disappointed at the lack of it is getting on my nerves. To them I say, fellow fans,  find the beauty and love in all the little things that are being shown - don't they make your heart flutter? don't these moments leave you with a longing for more?  If yes, then the writer has done her job well. 

Agree with the comments. The care and concern shown for each other, the deep longing and stare can touch me more than any kiss or hug.

One of the most touching love stories that I had read was from a Chinese swordfighting novel where the hero fell in love with the most beautiful woman in the county who was unfortunately married to some one else . After being thrown into spending extended time together due to the hero having to rescue the woman from baddies time and again, they fell in love. Nary a word of love is spoken between them or is there any physical intimacy between them from beginning to end. But it pains your heart how they cared and worried about the safety and well being of each other and their suppressed longing and missing of each other. It was the most touching and painful love that cannot be. 

In the case of Mr Sunshine, I think the fans do enjoy and appreciate those moments of Ae Shin and Eugene and certainly find them touching and romantic and only made those comments in jest.

I found some of the comments quite funny and entertaining like the one on Weibo on whether the male lead and female lead had taken each other’s script by mistake. Because the girl is always taking initiative in this case...:D

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the conversation between DM and EC.

Short and closed sentances, but the two of them are smart enough to understand the meaning.

EC didnt doubt DM even for a moment.

Nice.

There is more... I liked the conversation between Grandpa and EC. Short, closed sentences but the two of them also smart enough to understand the meaning.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the conversation between DM and EC.

Short and closed sentances, but the two of them are smart enough to understand the meaning.

EC didnt doubt DM even for a moment.

Nice.

22 minutes ago, aurelionsol said:

There is more... I liked the conversation between Grandpa and EC. Short, closed sentences but the two of them also smart enough to understand the meaning.

Haha......:D.....So cute both your comments.

Kim Eun Seok is a good wordsmith with how she writes the dialogues which are never boring.

• Like 9

Episode 14 was as intense than that was promised in the preview of episode 13 and it was great, it was what I was expecting from the drama from the start. Don't get me wrong I love that the show took the time to present the characters, their relationships, etc...but I feel it could have been done a bit faster. Or maybe I think this because we have only have 10 episodes left.

I was so worried for Dong Mae and his people this episode, I was glad to see Hotaru go to the glory hotel, Hina helping Dong Mae in her own way, Ae Shin and Hina kicking richard simmons together...

The japanese policemen should be afraid because Dong Mae won't be locked up for long. 

The scene where Hee Sug helped Eugene was hilarious (I feel Eugene took more hit from him than from Dong Mae's men lmao).

The king feel more and more powerless and it pains me, he tries everything he can but it's not enough...

Will Eugene and Ae Shin point guns at each other again? Or will Eugene join the righteous army (is it too early for him, will we get a time jump)?

Sorry as usual I'm not good at analysing everything like you guys do, I can't do metas but I'm glad some people are doing it, this drama deserve it. Get my messy thoughts instead :sweatingbullets:

I wonder why we got no preview for the next episode, it makes me nervous, what are they hiding us D:

• Like 11

Slightly off topic and just my personal opinion, but while watching E14 as I saw Hotaru coming into the Glory Hotel, I realised that the actress playing her role, Kim Yong Ji,  was the most stunning woman among the female cast members of the show. 

@charrayThanks for the preview link.  "I won't run away from Joseon again"" - EC, digging in. Personally, I hope to see him go on more missions with Ae Shin - two of them masked and armed - how badass and romantic it would be?. 

• Like 5

The political situation looks bad because there is a scene with many Japanese soldiers. Joseon look weak and powerless. 

Japan send something like military expedition.

Thoughts/Speculations - we have connected scenes again in preview

It seems to me that the Japanese officers (general or colonel?) will want to take the residence of the Go family forcefully - grandfather is anti-Japanese. Japan will want to get rid of them. At the last moment, Eugene will come with a company of soldiers. He is only person who can protect Go using his strenght and connections. What can he say? "Go Aeshin is my fiancée, I live here and this is American consulate or American territory" and Aeshin confirms to save the house. I see only this solution to send back (retreat) Japanese soldiers.

• Like 3