[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

June 14, 2020 

[INFO] 6 Korean dramas that profited more that 10 billion won while winning fans’ heart around the world. 

#2 MR. SUNSHINE :heart:

TVN's "Mr. Sunshine," which boasted a solid fan base, literally posted "greatest" sales.

For the first time in Korean dramas, "Mr. Sunshine," which was aired simultaneously in 190 countries through Netflix, cost 43 billion won to produce.

When combined with Netflix sales, VOD sales, and indirect advertising, "Mr. Sunshine" is estimated to have made 57 billion won in total revenue.

Source: https://www.insight.co.kr/news/288561

• Like 2

The ending was bloody stupid. Sure, I get why Eugene Choi and everyone else had to die to depict the realties of war and how tragic it is but the way Eugene Choi died was just sloppy script writing. He didn’t need to cross over to the next carriage. He could have just stayed on the other side of the carriage and shot the train connector with his gun ( which was completely stupid anyway with his single bullet). He could have used the Japanese merchant as a body shield if the Japanese soldiers shot back and he would at least have a higher chance of surviving. Why use his own body as a shield?  And like what one earlier commenter said, he could have coerced the Japanese soldiers to drop their guns!!! Poor Aisun must be reliving the traumatic moment for the rest of her life thinking how Eugene didn’t need to die if he just did this or that instead. The most irksome bit was when he said ‘this is my love story’ in a Korean-English accent when throughout the show he spoke perfect English with an American twang. Everyone died! Even her servants and her extended family died! It’s like you spend all that time watching and growing to like the characters and they all bloody die anyway. I wish I could take back the 20 odd hours I spent watching the show. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coming back to watch this drama. There are always so much to see in the poetic cinematography. I also love the identity conversation revolving around the political crisis at this time. Where do you stand? What will you do to be where you stand? 

Go Ae Shin learns to protect herself and stand up for her comrades. 

Her teacher fights for a country that once betrayed him. 

Eugene is American Korean and there's this complex of feelings in his identity. 

Gu Dong Mae is Japanese Korean and was discriminated because of his class when he was a kid. As an adult, he's further discriminated for his identity as a samurai and class. 

Hui seong is a privileged Korean nobleman and does not know what to do with his life. He only answers his calling, his purpose later in his life as a photographer.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On 31 Jan 00:20 KST there will be an online concert shown on Youtube on SBS Entertainment Channel. Great line-up of OST singers (Baek Ji Young, Ailee, LyN, Ben, N.Flying and Hwang Chi Yeul) in the Gangwon Snow Festa K-OST concert.  HCY will be performing "How Can I Forget You." Anticipating!

https://snowfesta.kr/

Preview, thanks to uploader 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

July 7, 2021 

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO OUR BELOVED DRAMA MR. SUNSHINE!!!! A TIMELESS MASTERPIECE THAT WILL STAY RELEVANT FOR YEARS TO COME!! 

Hello !

I just started watching and the only words that I can say is that this drama is so good in terms of 

cinematography, all the actors and actresses are all excellent in their own characters.

Currently, I am at Ep 9 :blush:

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Hello !

I just started watching and the only words that I can say is that this drama is so good in terms of 

cinematography, all the actors and actresses are all excellent in their own characters.

Currently, I am at Ep 9 :blush:

Hello!! 

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying this drama. And I agree with you. MS cinematography is truly the best we've ever seen in a Kdrama and with all the symbolism combined. The story itself is never been told before and holds a great sentimental value for Korean people. It's so delicately handled and portrayed in the show that even us who are not Koreans can empathise with them and feel the sense of deep patriotism for the country they are trying to protect. It's an excellent drama that does not come around often. 

I see you are still at the beginning. I hope you don't check the hashtags or stories or you might get spoiled. Please enjoy the show. I hope you love it till the end.  :)♥️

• Love 2

17 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

Hello!! 

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying this drama. And I agree with you. MS cinematography is truly the best we've ever seen in a Kdrama and with all the symbolism combined. The story itself is never been told before and holds a great sentimental value for Korean people. It's so delicately handled and portrayed in the show that even us who are not Koreans can empathise with them and feel the sense of deep patriotism for the country they are trying to protect. It's an excellent drama that does not come around often. 

I see you are still at the beginning. I hope you don't check the hashtags or stories or you might get spoiled. Please enjoy the show. I hope you love it till the end. 

Yes, i truly enjoyed the drama. 

The frozen lake scene was so beautifully captured :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

One of our 3 musketeers received an offer!  :approves: 

Go Bo-gyeol courted along with Byun Yo-han for new mystery drama ‘Snow White Must Die’

Actress Go Bo-gyeol is being roped in to join Wavve’s upcoming mystery original series!

According to the actress’ agency HiSTORY D&C on July 27, “Go Bo-gyeol received an offer to appear in the new drama Snow White Must Die and is positively reviewing it.

An adaptation of a bestselling mystery novel of the same name by German author Nele Neuhaus, Snow White Must Die follows two detectives as they set out to investigate mysterious happenings in a remote village. Through these investigations, the story will expose the dark and ugly sides of human nature. In addition, the creators of the show are said to reinterpret the events and characters from the book to match the sentiments of the Korean audience.

Go Bo-gyeol is being courted to play the female lead character Choi Na-gyeom, a top Korean actress. Na-gyeom is the childhood friend and long-time admirer of the male protagonist Go Jung-woo, the role being proposed to actor Byun Yo-han (Mr. Sunshine). Following Jung-woo’s release from prison, Na-gyeom stays by his side to help him settle into a new life.

Go is a model slash actress who made her acting debut in the 2011 film Turtles. In 2013, she ventured into television dramas and has since been building her reputation as a skilled actress in her field. Among the 33-year-old’s most notable TV portrayals were in Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016–2017), Go Back Couple (2017), Mother (2018), Arthdal Chronicles (2019), and Hi Bye, Mama! (2020).
Produced by Hidden Sequence, Snow White Must Die is slated to begin filming in the second half of the year.

Source: Topstar News

• 2 months later...