[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

March 7, 2020

K-Pop On Netflix: 5 South Korean Series For Fans

By Nikhil Gupta Nation Editions

Let me introduce you to the world of Korean TV, for those who have not delved into Korean TV. South Korea is well-known for hosting some of the best shows on TV, whether it’s a Korean zombie series or an anguished, teenage love story, catch your seatbelts and go to Netflix’s international section ASAP.

#1. Mr. Sunshine

mrsun03_8.gif

Mr. Sunshine follows the lives of revolutionaries who fought for Korea’s independence in the early 1900s, as the only drama in that era. Lee Byung-Hun was born into slavery, fled to the U.S., and then returned to Korea as an official of the US Marine Corps years later.

mrsun12_03.gif

Lee Byung-Hun found love when he returned and uncovered an alien plot to colonize Korea. It was highly praised for its film, its historical accuracy, and its storytelling, and was awarded the Drama of the Year Accolade at the 6th APAN Star Awards. You can’t get better if you love historical drama.

mrsun16_05.gif

#2. Beating Again
I’m going to warn you now, and this show’s a doozy rundown. I didn’t know what to expect until I read the plot’s description, described as a ‘ 2015 South Korean corporate takeover, corporate spy, murder plus a romantic drama series with the fantasy.

#3. Something In The Rain
Something in the Rain, a series that explores the development of romantic relations, was a commercial success and became one of Korea’s best-rated dramas in the history of cable TV. So why the success? This may be because, unlike American romance, sometimes overblown and far-fetched, the romantic relationship in the series is just so damn relatable.

Almost everybody can relate to a typical love story involving a mid-30s boss and a video-game designer (which just turns out to be her younger brother’s best friend). It’s quiet, sweet, and completely faithful.

#4. Cain And Abel
As I’m sure you can call it, this series was inspired by Cain’s biblical resentment of his uncle, Abel. Cain and Abel are likewise a series of two very different children and a fiery rivalry that threatens to destroy their lives entirely.

#5. Stranger
Unlike some of the other shows on this list, which hardly made it from Asia, after the New York Times 2017 list of the best TV shows, Stranger was a domestic and international success. To sum up, the show is following an emotionless public prosecutor and a vibrant detective who work together to investigate the appalling corruption involving a serial assassination case.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

March 8, 2020

mrs.jpg Thoughts by blancheneige @writingislife_
·
This is the softest thing he did in the whole show. Bringing the flowers his mother liked for the grave of a girl he knows nothing about. I love how he honors & holds on to the memories of his mother in those little ways. The world needs more kind male leads like that #MrSunshine

f_ep5.jpg

The Latin word of the grassland flower is Leucanthemum vulgare which derives from the Ancient Greek meaning 'white flower'. A native plant to Europe, the oxeye daisy was later introduced to North America, Australia and New Zealand. The symbolic meaning of the oxeye daisy is Patience.

anditendshowyoudexpect

Source: Kim Kang Hoon on Tumblr

anditendshowyoudexpect
basically in the end i just want Eugene and Ae Shin live in a beautiful house with a daisy (or was that chamomile? i never know the difference) in the garden watching over them is that too much to ask

his mother deserved that at least. so come on, for his mother.

• Like 1