Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Source: Sandra @Showluvhan

Still the best 1st encounter for me in my kdrama history #MrSunshine

One More Step mrs.jpg

Source: dohwa edogawa @ppeanutbutt

December 5, 2019

CJ ENM and Studio Dragon Ink Pact with Netflix
Global Streamer Doubles Down on Korean Content

by Pierce Conran KOFIC

Spoiler

voFIFcVgZcGcmEqDwfrq.jpg

Korean entertainment major CJ ENM, along with its subsidiary Studio Dragon, have signed a distribution agreement with global streaming giant Netflix. The multi-year deal will encompass production and distribution.

The three-year pact will begin in 2020 and will see Studio Dragon develop original shows for the streaming platform, which will also have access to select pre-existing Studio Dragon properties. Part of the deal stipulates that CJ ENM may sell up to 4.99% of Studio Dragon’s shares to Netflix.

CJ ENM produced content for theatres and the home market, the latter through the 17 channels it operates, including tvN and OCN. Studio Dragon is known for its K-drama series, including hits such as Signal, Stranger and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God. Netflix has already hosted several Studio Dragon titles, including Stranger, Mr. Sunshine and Memories of Alhambra.

Ted SARANDOS, Chief Content Officer at Netflix, related that “CJ ENM and Studio Dragon represent the gold standard in Korean entertainment and we are excited and honored to work with them. This partnership with CJ ENM and Studio Dragon demonstrates our commitment to Korean entertainment and allows us to bring more top-tier Korean drama to Netflix members in Korea and all over the world.”

“Today’s announcement is a recognition that Korean storytelling and production capabilities are beloved by global audiences and reaffirms the content creation prowess of both CJ ENM and Studio Dragon. Studio Dragon will try its best to leap forward as a global major studio,” related Jinnie CHOI, CEO of Studio Dragon.

• Like 2

Mr. Sunshine FML toy figures by Andy Hee Jun Woo (@wootaku)

Yujini, Eugene, HeeSung and DongMae. mrs.jpg

• Like 2

I have been watching Korean dramas for about a year now. “Mr. Sunshine” was my introduction to the supremely talented Koreans who write, direct, produce and star in these works of art. Anytime I try to encourage friends or family to get on the Korean bandwagon, I tell them to start with “Mr. Sunshine”. It truly has everything: history, scenery, music, costumes, cinematography, action, humor and love. Last, but not least the beautiful, talented actors who excelled in their roles.

I was devastated by the ending, but really there was no other way to end the story and it really wasn’t the end. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @TXviewer and welcome to MR.SUNSHINE.. really glad to read your thoughts on the drama. Indeed, this is one very unforgettable series.. a deeply memorable story that are hard to let go. It's wonderful to know that MR.SUNSHINE introduced you to Korean dramas, there could not have been a more perfect choice. :) Hope you will continue to enjoy watching many more Korean dramas and do drop a line or two here if you feel like discussing about Mr. Sunshine;.

Found this article mentioning Mr.Sunshine. I remember there was 'Line Friends character' created for Eugene Choi & the gang during the airing of the drama last year but can't easily find the images anywhere. It's probably posted somewhere in this thread too but it's a bit hard to look through all the pages. Anyone has any idea where to find them?

December 12, 2019

LINE character brand collaborates with Netflix to create original animation series

Park Sae-jin Reporter | AJU Business Daily

[Courtesy of LINE FRIENDS]
[Courtesy of LINE FRIENDS]

SEOUL -- LINE FRIENDS, a character brand lineup of Naver's smartphone messaging app provider has partnered with Netflix, the world's largest over-the-top video-on-demand service provider, to create an original animation series following the successful launch of its BTS-themed character business.

The character brand said Thursday that it forged a global partnership with Netflix to create a 3D animation series that would be available for Netflix subscribers in some 190 countries. LINE FRIENDS vice president Kim Kyung-dong said the partnership will strengthen the competitiveness of its intellectual property in the global content industry and expand its presence as a creative studio.

The character brand, which is popular in South Korea, Japan and other Asian countries, collaborated with K-pop band BTS in January this year to sell plush character toys and other everyday essential items featuring characters co-created by LINE FRIENDS and BTS members. The server of LINE FRIENDS' online store crashed down on its opening due to traffic overload.

Netflix forged a three-year partnership with CJ ENM, the country's top media content creator, and its drama production company, Studio Dragon, to produce and distribute original content. It has mesmerized members around the world with Studio Dragon's drama content such as Mr. Sunshine, Memories of Alhambra, Romance is A Bonus Book, and Arthdal Chronicles.

• Like 2

Walking around MR.SUNSHINE studio in Nonsan Sunshine Land mrs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I love Dong Mae and I didnt want him to accidentally see some kiss

between EC and Ae Shin and suffer because of it. 

But I also love EC. 

He and Ae Shin could kiss at least once.

That icy lake was the perfect place for it.

• Like 2

I liked the last scenes between DM and EC.

Especially  when EC took  injured DM off the street, and stayed

with him until he woke up.

Or when EC just asked DM what the reason was for cutting off Ae Shin's hair.

• Like 2

In one scene DM and EC were sitting in DM's room talking

about their origins.

DM -   '' I took revenge on everyone who humiliated me, why didnt you do the same''

EC -    '' Its not your fault Im a better man''. :D

DM just smiled. I liked it. :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I have loved and watched a lot of korean drama but honestly nothing beats Mr.Sunshine for me. 

The storyline was very well written (maybe the plot in later episodes were a bit rushed and could have been developed more), filming, and acting all top notch. I loved how it did not have many cliche Korean Drama tropes like the women falling over and the man catching him.

It really showed the complicated Korean history/culture that is overlooked by people who watch Korean drama for the modern cringe romantic scenes. The storyline really showed that Joseon was far from perfect but ultimately that colonialism is never ok and should never be excused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DM died while fighting those ronin.  Thats what he wanted.

My heart sank because of the way HS died.

EC died honorably as a brave officer.

But, the writer cant convince me thats how it was supposed to be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello @Ignatius, welcome to the thread and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope you will keep writing about the drama with more interesting points to ponder.

Thank you @rocher22 for continuing to share about Mr.Sunshine. We can't forget this Kdrama yet. no2.gif

Eugene art by Nevermind

One of the first PPLs of Mr.Sunshine shown mainly at Hotel Glory 
Eugene's Cup cuppa.gif

%EC%98%A4%EB%8D%B4%EC%84%B8%EA%B7%B8%EB%A6%87_05.png?type=w1200
  • Like 2

There's a new souvenir for Mr.Sunshine released which is the Snow Globe. This limited item (likely for Christmas) looks really nice highlighting the Glory Hotel and Hansung Tram which also features Eugene, Ae Shin and Hina.

I think it's really unique and cool. Wished that it's easily available. mrs.jpg

Photos: Sunshine Studio via AlatusDeus

• Like 1

hny2.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR  2020 hny2.gif

Mr.Sunshine compilation mrs.jpg

On twitter by Lexa's Dissolved Brain @ldgador

Wishes from Helen Seremetis @h_seremetis

• Like 1

To laugh or to sigh :sweatingbullets:.. this thread keeps going backwards every time.. :(

Soompi's Mr.Sunshine will always stay at the same spot.. we're that bad.. :lol:

Source: yuniyantidhea

Photos: Sunshine Studio

Government of Korea
Introduction of 100th Anniversary Project Certification
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
The 100 Years of Independence at Sunshine Studio last year
The events were selected as 'national participation commemorative project'!

• Like 1