[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

@cpy95 Thank youu 

Hearing footsteps, she turned around and asked, “You’re back, Your Majesty?”. The gentle gaze in her eyes resembled the sparkling starlight in this garden of spring sights.

This is so beautiful :bawling:

• Like 1

It's my pleasure! It's has been great meeting you guys who also love this drama (though I only drop by at times :P). 

Will take some time before completing another text, but you have my promise, I will definitely continue! 

Meanwhile, maybe y'all can check out the new variety show that Deng Lun is on if y'all are interested! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, j15thcenturylit said:

Random question: I'm assuming all the male actors have the same hairline because they're wearing wigs. Am I right? 

Pretty sure most everyone in the drama has wigs/extensions on/in :)

On 3/31/2019 at 5:10 AM, stevii said:

its already almost a year after the drama ends but so little english subs for the BTS scenes :(. really loved this drama and the chemistry between the characters, i feel like i would be so fun to watch their interactions off screen. if anyone know of any BTS subbed videos really appreciated if you could share the link because i've watched all of the non subbed and the viet subbed ones haha. nothing cures a withdrawal like fun BTS scenes 

I know viki has some, and I think there might be some on yt

On 4/7/2019 at 9:48 AM, dashmount20 said:

The sequel stars Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang ??  ?   Wasn't expecting that.    

10 hours ago, bluesytb said:

The sequel stars Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang ??  ?   Wasn't expecting that.    

MDL has never been a credible source. It's fan edited. I'm pretty sure the other drama with YY and ZS was also a fan created one. Sighhh. Don't get false hopes guys. And never trust MDL. Lol. 

On 3/31/2019 at 7:10 PM, stevii said:

its already almost a year after the drama ends but so little english subs for the BTS scenes :(. really loved this drama and the chemistry between the characters, i feel like i would be so fun to watch their interactions off screen. if anyone know of any BTS subbed videos really appreciated if you could share the link because i've watched all of the non subbed and the viet subbed ones haha. nothing cures a withdrawal like fun BTS scenes 

i rmb coming across some on yt too, but if you still can't any w subs, perhaps I could try putting up the subs here, as I translate the fanfics. 

17 hours ago, cpy95 said:

i rmb coming across some on yt too, but if you still can't any w subs, perhaps I could try putting up the subs here, as I translate the fanfics. 

I would love to watch those BTS with subs as well. If you can, yes please! Thanks in advance. LOL

By the way, thank you for subbing the fanfics. I have yet to read, but I bet it's great since it is about our OTP :lol:

On 4/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, kokodus said:

MDL has never been a credible source. It's fan edited. I'm pretty sure the other drama with YY and ZS was also a fan created one. Sighhh. Don't get false hopes guys. And never trust MDL. Lol. 

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, cpy95 said:

nahh its okay i watched all the non subbed ones on yt, thankyou though for the offer, 

how about presscons ? have you watched any ? i remembered they dont have much budget for the promotion i think thats why its hard to find any fancam of presscons. i know they did one in thailandd (i think..?) and one on set with them on costumes. but thats about it haha... still need to cure the drama hangover 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 2:14 PM, kokodus said:

would you trust MDL with their drama ratings? because i've been thinking to start either the story of ming Lan or nirvana in heaven since they are the highest xian xia drama ratings in MDL loll

2 hours ago, stevii said:

would you trust MDL with their drama ratings? because i've been thinking to start either the story of ming Lan or nirvana in heaven since they are the highest xian xia drama ratings in MDL loll

I would definitely trust MDL on the ratings. From my own experience, anything rated above 8 in MDL, they are good. But of course it doesn't mean everyone has to enjoy a popular drama. Sometimes, the most popular ones ends up being not up to our taste. Different people have different tastes. But I definitely would consider watching it, if so many people have liked it, then it means there is something in it that has spoken to the audience. 

I have heard lots about both Nirvana in Fire and The story of Ming Lan. Nirvana in Fire, especially, considered as a Masterpiece. So do give it a try!!!! I hope you enjoy it. 

• Like 1

So MDL is not reliable? Coz they just changed LunZi's roles into Main Roles instead of guest roles with Yang Yang as one of the leads. In this case tho, I really hope MDL is reliable this time LMAO. I still can't get over our OTP until now and I still rewatch AOL like crazy LOL

9 minutes ago, starry58 said:

So MDL is not reliable? Coz they just changed LunZi's roles into Main Roles instead of guest roles with Yang Yang as one of the leads. In this case tho, I really hope MDL is reliable this time LMAO.

Which drama are you talking about?

The producer has already said the original cast will not return for the second season since it is about their children. Moreover given the current relationship between Deng Lun and Yangzi, I think we are unlikely to see them collaborate anytime soon.

1 minute ago, bluehibiscus said:

The producer has already said the original cast will not return for the second season since it is about their children. Moreover given the current relationship between Deng Lun and Yangzi, I think we are unlikely to see them collaborate anytime soon.

Oh I see. That sucks. Thanks for the info.

Wait! What kind of relationship is this? Are they not in good terms? Sorry, my knowledge of Chinese entertainment is limited due to language barrier. LOL