[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept thinking about how NS3 says he feels nothing/has no emotions, but I think he just doesn't realize he is slowly developing more and more.. that double take he did when he and So Bong made eye contact was so human I laughed a little. I wish I could know what he was thinking at that moment. From the teaser trailer, I already knew that So Bong will fall in love with NS3 but I'm anticipating to see how it develops on the other side of the picture. Just don't give me too much angst. ;__; 

I do get why some folks may be irked by So Bang’s character & reactions. However I have a slightly different take on it , and I think her character build up here is important to how the story unfolds. Her behaviour stems from a place of distrust . She has been betrayed a couple times in the last 4 episodes & these are very major betrayals - both with grave consequences on her livelihood and career. She’s also deprived of proper displays of affection with no Mother figure & a Father who in typical Asian fashion is poor at properly showing his love for his Daughter. What I think is really important here is that So Bang’s initial encounters & impressions of NS3 is not based on a pre - conceived idea that he is a robot, unlike JYH or mum. She saw him first as a human being , so to speak . So after this we will expect to see her grappling with her feelings for an AI & she would probably go through a whole gamut of emotions & confusion ; the way we are questioning if a true fulfilling relationship can be developed btwn a machine & a human ( which I agree has nothing to do with pro-creation )

And honestly I’m rooting for NS3 . Kkkkkk . I do love JYH only because he is played by my dear handsome oppa LJH but I do not know if there will be or expect a love triangle with him , SB or NS3 . If any it will be  btwn NS3 ,Human Nam Shin & So Bang 

but I’m tickled to see comments of off air chemistry btwn LJH & GSY. Perhaps that is somehow being translated on screen

“Mencurigakan” = suspicious :lol:

By the way they have uploaded the v live 

Kim Sung Ryung, the actress acting as NS & NS3 's mum was 1988 Miss Korea and is considered by the Koreans as the most beautiful one in history! She is 52 years old and even appeared on Law of the Jungle! :D

It's not surprising our gorgeous SKJ is chosen as her "sons".

So our NS & NS3 has her genes indeed! Heeee!:tongue:

Hi Guys! My first post here 

I watched all the released episodes yesterday and what can I say, this drama has me hooked. I'm really happy that I discovered SKJ, he is both gorgeous and a very talented actor. The way he plays two characters so differently is just amazing. The plot is really nice as well and I can't wait to see how it will develop and end. Robot NS has my heart :heart: I just love that baby boy so much, I hope to see him happy in the end, even tho I doubt it :( He is such a sweetheart :cry: Honestly, I'm not here for romance, I don't like the lead girl character, neither the actress who plays it. I don't want any of the cheesy robot falling in love with a human, because that's kind of going overboard with the fantasy. I just want NSIII with his mom happy the way they used to be. It's hard to say so early but I sense that I will have my heart broken because of course, the human will be favored over a robot... It's kinda sad since it's not often that a Korean drama gets my interest and now I have to endure my favorite character getting hurt...

Hi All,

Though i am not new to forum soompi, i have never signed up for it. But i couldnt resist my urge to create an account due to this drama.

It is wonderful to read all the insights about the characters, it adds another level of enjoyment in watching the drama.

I have question in one of the trailer, it was shown that NS/NS3 is kissing someone, but i have not seen anyone discuss about that..I would like to hear your thoughts on that :D

9 hours ago, anipanch said:

Hi Guys! My first post here 

I watched all the released episodes yesterday and what can I say, this drama has me hooked. I'm really happy that I discovered SKJ, he is both gorgeous and a very talented actor. The way he plays two characters so differently is just amazing. The plot is really nice as well and I can't wait to see how it will develop and end. Robot NS has my heart :heart: I just love that baby boy so much, I hope to see him happy in the end, even tho I doubt it :( He is such a sweetheart :cry: Honestly, I'm not here for romance, I don't like the lead girl character, neither the actress who plays it. I don't want any of the cheesy robot falling in love with a human, because that's kind of going overboard with the fantasy. I just want NSIII with his mom happy the way they used to be. It's hard to say so early but I sense that I will have my heart broken because of course, the human will be favored over a robot... It's kinda sad since it's not often that a Korean drama gets my interest and now I have to endure my favorite character getting hurt...

I'm quite confident that the script will prove credible in showing us that the idea of love blossoming between a human and an AI humanoid is NOT that far-fetched. Love manifests in innumerable different shades and forms: interspecies bonding is a widespread ethological reality, as thousands of cases in nature demonstrate.

6 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Scroll the gallery to the end, to get what I mean (sorry, the explanation is in Italian...): 

Korean Version vs. International Version (Episode(s) 7-8/4)

The KV has one longer additional scene, whereas the IV has three shorter extra scenes.

• The KV directly cuts to mom at the hospital when the assistant calls her to move human Shin the next day. In the IV Ji is going into his office after his talk with So Bong and remembers how Nam Shin III told him about her having seen the real Shin. With a sigh, he takes out his phone and calls mom.
  •  In the IV, after NS3 tries to call mom without success the episode cuts to SB checking her bank account via phone. Mr. Seo paid her 3 million won! Then she looks at the tablet to check on her “financial backer”, but he’s not in his room which makes her wonder where her “beloved patron” went. (That's why she went looking for him at the pool)
  • After SB talks with Seo at the gym, she has an interesting conversation with her reporter friend (and where SB already gets second thoughts about her spying on NS).

Jo: Something's off with Executive Director Seo. He wants you to secure evidence just for his daughter's marriage?

SB: He probably needed it for himself, not his daughter.

Jo: Come on. We knew that from the beginning. Who plants a spy for their daughter? These punks are definitely rich. He's trying to find a weakness in his son-in-law so he can kill him. I feel bad for Director Nam.

SB: Why? We're just here for some cash that might fall into our hands. Speaking of which, I'm going back to monitor the hidden camera.

• After Seo meets the hacker, but before Assistant Ji gets a call from the doctor regarding Reporter Jo, the KV shows an executive meeting before the test drive. Seo tells the Chairman about his good feeling of the upcoming test drive and how this will become their “core buShiness” (lol @ that pun). Ye Na requests to finally marry Shin which would bring PK a new future publicly and privately. Nam Ho Yeon (Shin’s aunt) scoffs: “That's a novel way of throwing yourself at a guy.” The female main overseer of the project enters and explains that NS will ride in the car while everyone else in the room will be able to watch it live. She asks NS to come with her.

49 minutes ago, dreamfall92 said:
  • After SB talks with Seo at the gym, she has an interesting conversation with her reporter friend (and where SB already gets second thoughts about her spying on NS).

Jo: Something's off with Executive Director Seo. He wants you to secure evidence just for his daughter's marriage?

SB: He probably needed it for himself, not his daughter.

Jo: Come on. We knew that from the beginning. Who plants a spy for their daughter? These punks are definitely rich. He's trying to find a weakness in his son-in-law so he can kill him. I feel bad for Director Nam.

SB: Why? We're just here for some cash that might fall into our hands. Speaking of which, I'm going back to monitor the hidden camera.

Thank you my dear for this very informative piece, at least her friend report give her a benefit of a doubt, regarding NS3 then it all fall apart when NS3 help her find her necklace from her mom. She is finally now becoming a human. I just hope that she will return that 3 million won to redeem herself. 

5 hours ago, flowergirlz93 said:

Hi All,

Though i am not new to forum soompi, i have never signed up for it. But i couldnt resist my urge to create an account due to this drama.

It is wonderful to read all the insights about the characters, it adds another level of enjoyment in watching the drama.

I have question in one of the trailer, it was shown that NS/NS3 is kissing someone, but i have not seen anyone discuss about that..I would like to hear your thoughts on that :D

Yay! a fellow trainee :lol:  the power of AYHT lol.

This drama is seriously addicting aside from the actors, plot and the cinematography, the OST are all so good, 'Hanhae' by Lyn and 'Is It Love?' by Vixx has been on repeat on my playlist since it was released, such a perfect OSTs that fits the entire theme of the drama. 

18 minutes ago, Won Hallyu said:

Yay! a fellow trainee :lol:  the power of AYHT lol.

This drama is seriously addicting aside from the actors, plot and the cinematography, the OST are all so good, 'Hanhae' by Lyn and 'Is It Love?' by Vixx has been on repeat on my playlist since it was released, such a perfect OSTs that fits the entire theme of the drama. 

:wub:  he he.. Indeed the pull of AYHT is irresistible.  I used to hate Mondays before, but now, i am eagerly waiting for Monday..

Damn, the weekends are no more fun anymore.

6 hours ago, flowergirlz93 said:

Hi All,

it's NS3 + So Bang. For a robot he feels quite some strong emotions like love and loneliness haha. 

Anyone else wants to see NS/NS3 working together? I don't want to see human Nam Shin in comma till the end of drama. I know he will wake up but when??? Will he really like robot Nam Shin?

2 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

it's NS3 + So Bang. For a robot he feels quite some strong emotions like love and loneliness haha. 

Anyone else wants to see NS/NS3 working together? I don't want to see human Nam Shin in comma till the end of drama. I know he will wake up but when??? Will he really like robot Nam Shin?

In the long trailer, you see another face-off between NS and NS3. NS is lying in the bed... so he will wake up around the episode 8 or 9. They need to investigate JW's death, the death of NS's father. Director is directly involved, the question is: is the aunt somehow involved as well?

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In the long trailer, you see another face-off between NS and NS3. NS is lying in the bed... so he will wake up around the episode 8 or 9. They need to investigate JW's death, the death of NS's father. Director is directly involved, the question is: is the aunt somehow involved as well?

I hope he wakes up soon. I want to see them fight together. 

She does want the company but I don't think she is involved in any dirty busniess with Seo. 

Between anyone else doubted Assistant Ji's loyalty when Nam Shin's eye blinked lol. 

Ep 7-8 recap

https://k-byeol.com/2018/06/14/are-you-human-too-episode-7-8/

2 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

Between anyone else doubted Assistant Ji's loyalty when Nam Shin's eye blinked lol. 

I did and honestly, I still doubt him. I think he's not as simple as he wants others to believe. Maybe not a bad guy but he seems to have his own agenda. We haven't seen his backstory yet, so it's hard to tell where does his loyalty for NS come from. On the other hand, he seemed quite calm even after NS III checked him with the lie detector. 

22 minutes ago, nateko said:

I did and honestly, I still doubt him. I think he's not as simple as he wants others to believe. Maybe not a bad guy but he seems to have his own agenda. We haven't seen his backstory yet, so it's hard to tell where does his loyalty for NS come from. On the other hand, he seemed quite calm even after NS III checked him with the lie detector. 

True that. He is kind of weird I don't understand why is he sooo loyal to NS? Even after getting beaten up because of him (he said it happens all the time. what?) And the part where NS3 was looking at the models his expressions when he thinks back to the time human NS was there (it looked like he really miss him). I really want his backstory, may be he pities human namshin? Or may be he really has his own agenda. 

Two brand-new fan mvs:

I'm planning on editing a fan mv myself, but I haven't find the "perfect" song, yet...

1 hour ago, crazyyo said:

True that. He is kind of weird I don't understand why is he sooo loyal to NS? Even after getting beaten up because of him (he said it happens all the time. what?) And the part where NS3 was looking at the models his expressions when he thinks back to the time human NS was there (it looked like he really miss him). I really want his backstory, may be he pities human namshin? Or may be he really has his own agenda. 

I don't get "bad vibes" from him. He probably feels affection for Namshin, he pities and he cannot stand the idea of staying beside a "fake" Namshin when the "real" one might never open his eyes again...

3 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I don't get "bad vibes" from him. He probably feels affection for Namshin, he pities and he cannot stand the idea of staying beside a "fake" Namshin when the "real" one might never open his eyes again...

So NS3 really tried to pull a prank? May be it's writer's way to show that he is learning from humans like deceiving? I m sure he won't use it for bad purpose though

Archived