[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

This was seriously a crazy scene ( gif credit to @jeonghyang) . I am just glad they are  not dragging the whole bit about her not knowing he is a robot. Because after this scene, even the most naive person can tell it's not humanly possible

TMSdKmz.gif&key=57eeace67a33d72b073a303c

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gladys57 @allythefangirl I can understand why SB is not that likable right as she has been betraying our nice protagonist NS3. Everyone loves the robot that acts as the better human among the humans.

Nonetheless, there is another reason why she decided to side with director Seo. She witnessed with her own eyes how gentle and nice Seo was towards his daughter YN. He hugged her, showed concern and he acted as if she meant everything to him. Deep down, SB is longing for warmth and loving embraces. That's why she misjudged director Seo. Since he was nice and kind to her daughter, he must be a good man in her eyes. Moreover, he is not that powerful compared to a chaebol grandson. Like I mentioned it last week, SB is prejudiced. She thinks that NS's cold and distant behaviour reflects his true personality which is not right. NS has also been imprisoned and controlled by his grandfather, while he longed for his mother all this time.

But in my opinion, SB could be the one who will protect NS3 the most as she won't just see him as NS's replacement. NS's mother and NS's assistant have NS's interest as their priorities and not NS3!! That's why the mother sent NS3 to Seoul endangering his life. However NS wanted to leave the company and cut ties with his rich family! He never wanted to become the heir and the mother didn't think about it. She never asked herself why he went to C. Republic.  

1 hour ago, darr said:

I think the robot will bring the heir and the sassy bodyguard together as in no distant time she will get to know he is a robot. She will get the real apology from him and he will learn to soft pedal in the way he treats others.  What will happen to the robot at the end?. The info he has will help the heir know his enemies from within and help him fight them squarely. He will be dismembered cos i dont think its a good idea for him to continue living when the real guy is  there toi. Makes no sense. I want the mum to come back with full force this time instead of hiding in far away country to seek justice for her late husband and son who nearly died.

Well,all in my mind. 

wish.. but then.. is it easy to move on once you fall in deep love?

as Sb would with the robot?

is it possible for SB and robot to move away and live a life.. guess that part is possible.. and if they show she can't become a mother.. that little angle of her every feeling incomplete will also go away..

hmm.. i guess i can live with that.. robo and SB away in new zealand and mommy and human NS in seol.. and hopefully the fiance truly loves NS unlike her daddy.. so that they can end up as a couple

hurts!.. horrible part is this ost.. their main song.. the starting music is so so so sad.. before it gets into the fast beat rapping mode

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gladys57 @allythefangirl I can understand why SB is not that likable right as she has been betraying our nice protagonist NS3. Everyone loves the robot that acts as the better human among the humans.

Nonetheless, there is another reason why she decided to side with director Seo. She witnessed with her own eyes how gentle and nice Seo was towards his daughter YN. He hugged her, showed concern and he acted as if she meant everything to him. Deep down, SB is longing for warmth and loving embraces. That's why she misjudged director Seo. Since he was nice and kind to her daughter, he must be a good man in her eyes. Moreover, he is not that powerful compared to a chaebol grandson. Like I mentioned it last week, SB is prejudiced. She thinks that NS's cold and distant behaviour reflects his true personality which is not right. NS has also been imprisoned and controlled by his grandfather, while he longed for his mother all this time.

But in my opinion, SB could be the one who will protect NS3 the most as she won't just see him as NS's replacement. NS's mother and NS's assistant have NS's interest as their priorities and not NS3!! That's why the mother sent NS3 to Seoul endangering his life. However NS wanted to leave the company and cut ties with his rich family! He never wanted to become the heir and the mother didn't think about it. She never asked herself why he went to C. Republic.  

I think her dad is a big part of the problem that she does not trust the right people.

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot for the recap. :wub:Now, the secret is out and I am relieved because that way, it makes it possible for SB to redeem herself. She will realize that NS3 was the one who rescued her. NS3 was the one who was nice to her (hugging, helping her find her necklace) hence she can not blame him for NS's action. Therefore she decides that she needs to protect NS3 as she is thankful towards him. I can understand why SB resented NS so much as he reminded her a lot of the injustice she suffered in the past. For her, all rich and powerful men were no humans that's why she had no respect for them. On the other hand, the robot NS3 was the only one who treated her nicely. She wanted a hug from her father but she got hit instead. She has been missing warmth and kindness. Sure, her father loves her but he is unable to give her the comfort and the gentleness she is longing.

Welcome. I agree with you. I can also understand SB. I think what she is doing is not so much revenge. She has been wronged in the past by  others of influence and authority . Even NS has made used of her.  It's hard for her to trust people especially someone like Nam Shin who is known to be a prick. So she's really wanting to know what is the real deal here. Seo was very clever in convincing her to help him. She doesn't know that Seo has bad intentions. She just thinks that like her, he is just suspicious of NS, since it is suppose to be his future son-in-law. 

You're welcome @chatterbox22. I am enjoying this drama , and since I can get a steady live stream., it makes it possible to live cap

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I think her dad is a big part of the problem that she does not trust the right people.

Yes, he is part of the problem. He is not able to show any gentle gesture, although he loves her very much. I was quite upset about the way he behaved at the hospital. He said only harsh things and even hit her. She has a problem to differentiate between seeming and reality. She doesn't know that she shouldn't judge people based on their appearances. Seo is in reality a selfish, ruthless and cold-hearted man. If he loved his daughter so much, then he wouldn't try to hurt NS as YN loves him. His daughter is not hiding her feelings at all and is well aware of that. His greed is more important than his love for his daughter. So from my point of view, he is deliberately acting in front of his daughter YN.

@4evrkdrama Thanks for the compliment. :wub:

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree that she is prejudiced. And that she saw the dark side of NS. But I was thinking that she'd have forgiven that when he saved her life. Even if it was the robot that saved her life. I'm also wondering if Seo is paying her and for how much. Because that pretty much shows her motive. She might be the one who will protect NS3 in future episodes, and she would probably still end up with the real NS. But it would be interesting to see how they would redeem her character as the series progress.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, he is part of the problem. He is not able to show any gentle gesture, although he loves her very much. I was quite upset about the way he behaved at the hospital. He said only harsh things and even hit her. She has a problem to differentiate between seeming and reality. She doesn't know that she shouldn't judge people based on their appearances. Seo is in reality a selfish, ruthless and cold-hearted man. If he loved his daughter so much, then he wouldn't try to hurt NS as YN loves him. His daughter is not hiding her feelings at all and is well aware of that. His greed is more important than his love for his daughter. So from my point of view, he is deliberately acting in front of his daughter YN.

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

Welcome. I agree with you. I can also understand SB. I think what she is doing not so much revenge. She has been wronged in the past by  others of influence and authority . Even NS has made used of her.  It's hard for her to trust people especially someone like Nam Shin who is known to be a prick. So she's really wanting to know what is the real deal here. Seo was very clever in convincing her to help him. She doesn't know that Seo has bad intentions. She just thinks that like her, he is just suspicious of NS, since it is suppose to be his future son-in-law. 

You're welcome @chatterbox22. I am enjoying this drama , and since I can get a steady live stream., it makes it possible to live cap

I cheesy as this sounds they going to both teach each other about love:wub:

The exchange between SB and NS3 in the car

https://tv.naver.com/v/3396070

SB: It seems like you've changed a lot lately. For someone who hit my head, you even comforted me and saved my life. Why have you changed so much?

NS3: *opens eyes*

SB: I was just curious. You seemed like a completely different-

NS3: What, you don't think I'm the real Nam Shin? I felt a little bad so I treated you nicely, but now I'm being suspected for no reason. Do I need to do more than hit your head for you to believe me?

SB: No... No sir.

NS3: Mind your business and just drive.

*clap clap clap* for NS3 that was some brilliant acting .... at the end when SB left and he was alone with his roomba friend again it was so cute, haha.

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for giving a different perspective to the story. I think the issue is, people feel strongly for the robot Namshin that they forgot So Bong doesnt know that. People said she is shameless and horrible for not being grateful to Namshin for saving her. I do agree she should have been more appreciative but i think the reason why she wanted to help the director was the need to find out what is the deal with Nam Shin. She doesnt know the director had intentions to harm Nam Shim. Some people said she has no redeeming qualities but you forgot, she actually risked her life to make sure others are saved from the fire. She was also genuinely concerned of Nam Shin when she saw him in the pool. I think people are protective toward robot Namshin and I do agree he has a special place in my heart. So Bong on the other hand is the anti heroine character. She is rough and greedy but beneath that surface, she is actually craving for affection which she didnt get from her dad. It was quite sad when her dad told her she should have just died although i know he didnt mean it. I guess i can see where So Bong roughness comes from. So when Namshin3 treats her well, she doesnt trust him because she is not used to people treating her kindly. 

So in a way, this story shows how a robot is actually able to show her the affection and love that she craves from 'humans'

Just now, dramaninja said:

I cheesy as this sounds they going to both teach each other about love:wub:

Yes it is cheesy...aahahahah...but heck I am all for it.

But now we have the issue that it is NS3 the robot who is in love with her, not the human NS. This AI is actually going through the whole Maslow hierarchy of needs.  Love and belonging is something he is craving - noticed how fondly he looks at photos of mum with NS. Then he wants recognition for being the one who saved SB- that's self esteem. He is slowly going to disobey  JYH's order as he makes up his own mind and heads towards self-actualisation.

Spoiler

Figure-21-Maslows-hierarchy-of-needs-Wha

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes it is cheesy...aahahahah...but heck I am all for it.

But now we have the issue that it is NS3 the robot who is in love with her, not the human NS. This AI is actually going through the whole Maslow hierarchy of needs.  Love and belonging is something he is craving - noticed how fondly he looks at photos of mum with NS. Then he wants recognition for being the one who saved SB- that's self esteem. He is slowly going to disobey  JYH's order as he makes up his own mind and heads towards self-actualisation.

Hide contents

That is a very interesting perspective. Imagine creating AI that is capable of feeling and thinking for itself. And i believe the 2 of them, Namshin 3 and So Bong will be each others saviour.

And the mum, when it comes to making that decision, im sure she will choose her real son but will it be a very difficult decision for her? Does she have any feelings for Nam Shin 3 or he is just a tool? We may develop affection for the robot but is the same applied to the rest of the characters? Do they 'feel'for him? Or to them he is just a robot/a tool? 

@triplem Thanks a lot for the info!! I agree with you, little by little NS3 is becoming more and more human. Although the disaster-mode had been removed, NS3 decided to retrieve the data and use it. Honestly, I am actually rooting for SB with NS3 the robot, the one who is craving for recognition and affection. Both are in a similar situation... What is wrong with loving a robot? Some people love their pet, others love someone with the same gender, in Japan they even have dolls

I know, this is crazy... it is really true.

That's why I am anticipating a conflict between his mother and NS3 because for her, NS is more important than NS3. Her decision to send him to Seoul proved it to me. Then this phasis could be perceived as if NS3 was going through puberty. :D

I never expected this drama has started already? Been waiting for this actually. The first time I saw Kang Joon really made me think he looks like a walking mannequin. So great looking! :heart: And Seungyeon even acted as an alien before. Two robot-like actors in one drama? Damn.. it's gonna be good. 

If I'm not mistaken she is Jonghyun's former wife in wgm right? And she's Twice Jeongyeon's unnie?

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot for the info!! I agree with you, little by little NS3 is becoming more and more human. Although the disaster-mode had been removed, NS3 decided to retrieve the data and use it. Honestly, I am actually rooting for SB with NS3 the robot, the one who is craving for recognition and affection. Both are in a similar situation... What is wrong with loving a robot? Some people love their pet, others love someone with the same gender, in Japan they even have dolls

ahahaha....I actually like NS3 ...possibly more than human NS (but to be fair we don't really know much about him). I honestly like the idea that this drama is exploring this concept of AI & human relationship & love . Very interesting concept. And yes why not?  I am excited at the prospect of this drama addressing this possibility. The YT link is very interesting. I am reminded of this movie ...did you see this one? Really good

Spoiler

Sypnopsis

Spoiler

A sensitive and soulful man earns a living by writing personal letters for other people. Left heartbroken after his marriage ends, Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix) becomes fascinated with a new operating system which reportedly develops into an intuitive and unique entity in its own right. He starts the program and meets "Samantha" (Scarlett Johansson), whose bright voice reveals a sensitive, playful personality. Though "friends" initially, the relationship soon deepens into love.

Just now, shayiza said:

And the mum, when it comes to making that decision, im sure she will choose her real son but will it be a very difficult decision for her? Does she have any feelings for Nam Shin 3 or he is just a tool? We may develop affection for the robot but is the same applied to the rest of the characters? Do they 'feel'for him? Or to them he is just a robot/a tool? 

From eps 3 ( last night's) ,I do think she has this attachment to NS3. But the question is whether it is because  he is a mere replacement for Nam Shin or she views him as a different entity? In today's episodes, NS3 felt rejection from mum for the first time because she was busy looking after human NS. He was taken aback. Sans the subs, he told her something along the lines that he is her son too. So you can tell that human NS will be priority, NS3 is merely a machine that can be replaced and rebooted.

@romance: Personally, I don't want her to end up with human Shin (although I know it would be better for her) because so far I just don't really care about him? He only showed his bad sites and a traumatic/tragic childhood can't and shouldn't excuse his behavior.

So, yeah, I am totally ready for all the angst that's going to come our (+the leads) way.

Since I am just too obsessed with the show (I waited for a year for the drama) I, again, took some extra time to compare yesterday's episodes (International Version (DF) vs. Korean Version (KBS (World), Viu) and there were two alternative scenes, but they're only minor:

• When Mr. Seo is talking with So Bong and her reporter friend at the hospital, between the dialogue lines “There are quite a few things that worry me” and “I need more definite information on Shin” from Mr. Seo the KV only shows a flashback of the scene after NS III rescued SB and wonders why he’s holding her. In the IV, however, the scene continues and there are two additional lines instead:

Mr. Seo: “Should I let my daughter marry him?”

So Bong: “Of course you should. He’s a third-generation heir.”

• After So Bong, Nam Shin III and his assistant drive to the Nam mansion the IV cuts right to the scene when they enter the house. The KV shows an extra scene where the servants are greeting them after the three get out of the car. They get told that the Chairman is in the house and that the bodyguard (aka SB) should stay in the annex. Assistant Ji tells NS III to go inside, SB stays for a moment to bow awkwardly towards the servants before following them.

Tagging @jerboa83 since you're interested in the differences between both versions.

I also wonder if Nam Sin III is only a mere replacement for mum. I had an impression that David cares for him more. It's hard to tell what exactly he means to her. So Bong may actually be the first person who won't treat him like a machine that looks like human Nam Sin.  From the many previews that were released some time ago it's Nam Sin III she will have feelings for.  It a sci-fi drama so why a robot can't feel? For me everything is possible here. On top of that if I remebemer correctly he has a real skin and real veins. So maybe he can also have a real heart someday? Anyway I don't think that So Bong will be interested in human Nam Sin. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 KST
12 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

I also wonder if Nam Sin III is only a mere replacement for mum. I had an impression that David cares for him more. It's hard to tell what exactly he means to her. So Bong may actually be the first person who won't treat him like a machine that looks like human Nam Sin.  From the many previews that were released some time ago it's Nam Sin III she will have feelings for.  It a sci-fi drama so why a robot can't feel? For me everything is possible here. On top of that if I remebemer correctly he has a real skin and real veins. So maybe he can also have a real heart someday? Anyway I don't think that So Bong will be interested in human Nam Sin. 

see realistically and in alternate universe, for  a mom.. her own son will always come first.. specially when we are shown that shin is rude i in order to protect her.. and now that he is grown up, he has been looking for her.. a very very lonely childhood with death threat and perpetual lack of freedom..

even if AI becomes a human who loves her unconditionally.. can he replace the son.. towards whom mom feels guilt?

that's why it would be nice for AI to find SB and this true love.. where he is  priority.. he is what he is.. and not NS replacement..

Archived