[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

I also wonder if Nam Sin III is only a mere replacement for mum. I had an impression that David cares for him more. It's hard to tell what exactly he means to her. So Bong may actually be the first person who won't treat him like a machine that looks like human Nam Sin.  From the many previews that were released some time ago it's Nam Sin III she will have feelings for.  It a sci-fi drama so why a robot can't feel? For me everything is possible here. On top of that if I remebemer correctly he has a real skin and real veins. So maybe he can also have a real heart someday? Anyway I don't think that So Bong will be interested in human Nam Sin. 

David has a different relationship with NS3 than NS's mother. Why? David has never met the human NS and he is not related to him. He called NS3 "our son" insinuating that NS3 was his son too. He was the one who proposed to his loved one to take NS3 to the market. Then he asked NS3 to give them some privacy so that they could go on a date. David accorded more freedom to NS3 than the mother has ever done. She only saw him as a little kid in my opinion. From the start, David showed more respect towards NS3, he was not scared like she was. He was confident that NS3 would keep his word. Then David showed concern, when she decided to send NS3 to Seoul. His safety was his main concern.

To conclude, David  has never perceived NS3 as a replacement. He saw him as his real son. Therefore David could be the other one who will stand by NS3's side.

I agree with @enigmatic_zephy that NS3 finds in SB his true love and is accepted for whom he is: courageous, selfless and warm. Unlike the others, NS3 is straightforward and franc.  

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 KST

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/12/are-you-human-too-pd-has-nothing-but-praise-seo-kang-joon/

“Since the subject itself is an AI robot, the range of acting is very huge. We had to decide among ourselves how he would act. We’ve considered different versions of acting, but Kang Joon is the one who came up with most of the correct ones. Once the direction of his acting was set, I didn’t even have to direct him.”

The director also complimented the actor’s looks. He said, “Kang Joon is incredibly good-looking. He has an unrealistic appearance.” He joked, “When he would smile gently during filming, I would ask, ‘Why are you smiling like that?'”

5 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

See I like that she pretty much stop spying on him after he help her find the necklace that one at of kindness turn her around.

Yes, but after watching the preview, it seems that she is too scared hence she wants to leave the place. So she feels uncomfortable to be by a robot's side.

Actually, I wasn't that bothered by SB's behavior in the episode 4 because each time she tried to trick them, she got caught and in the end she was the one who got tricked. I hope, SB accepts to become NS3's supporter very soon, as I felt NS3's loneliness and longing for his mother. Everyone lied to him: the assistant and his mother. I really felt sorry for him during the episode 4. 

10 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, but after watching the preview, it seems that she is too scared hence she wants to leave the place. So she feels uncomfortable to be by a robot's side.

Actually, I wasn't that bothered by SB's behavior in the episode 4 because each time she tried to trick them, she got caught and in the end she was the one who got tricked. I hope, SB accepts to become NS3's supporter very soon, as I felt NS3's loneliness and longing for his mother. Everyone lied to him: the assistant and his mother. I really felt sorry for him during the episode 4. 

Yeah makes sense lol because I am sure that this isn't suppose to be normal in the world right now.

I bet she goign to be that protect him the most.

8 hours ago, darr said:

I think the robot will bring the heir and the sassy bodyguard together as in no distant time she will get to know he is a robot. She will get the real apology from him and he will learn to soft pedal in the way he treats others.  What will happen to the robot at the end?. The info he has will help the heir know his enemies from within and help him fight them squarely. He will be dismembered cos i dont think its a good idea for him to continue living when the real guy is  there toi. Makes no sense. I want the mum to come back with full force this time instead of hiding in far away country to seek justice for her late husband and son who nearly died.

Well,all in my mind. 

I really hope they WON'T take that route... :cold_sweat:

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gladys57 @allythefangirl I can understand why SB is not that likable right as she has been betraying our nice protagonist NS3. Everyone loves the robot that acts as the better human among the humans.

Nonetheless, there is another reason why she decided to side with director Seo. She witnessed with her own eyes how gentle and nice Seo was towards his daughter YN. He hugged her, showed concern and he acted as if she meant everything to him. Deep down, SB is longing for warmth and loving embraces. That's why she misjudged director Seo. Since he was nice and kind to her daughter, he must be a good man in her eyes. Moreover, he is not that powerful compared to a chaebol grandson. Like I mentioned it last week, SB is prejudiced. She thinks that NS's cold and distant behaviour reflects his true personality which is not right. NS has also been imprisoned and controlled by his grandfather, while he longed for his mother all this time.

But in my opinion, SB could be the one who will protect NS3 the most as she won't just see him as NS's replacement. NS's mother and NS's assistant have NS's interest as their priorities and not NS3!! That's why the mother sent NS3 to Seoul endangering his life. However NS wanted to leave the company and cut ties with his rich family! He never wanted to become the heir and the mother didn't think about it. She never asked herself why he went to C. Republic.  

I couldn't have said it better, @bebebisous33. I always appreciate your insights, and I totally agree with you on this matter.

Sobong is biased against Namshin, that's true, but WE are also biased against her and we fail to see things from her perspective. I think that she's better than how we have portrayed her to far, like probably Namshin himself is.

So she now knows it's a robot, I did not think she would know it so fast, so when she falls in love with him, it would be funny :wub:and sad:ph34r: at the same time. It will be love beyond the physical and passion. I am sure that the writers have prepared beautiful romantic scenes to come

But NS III is even more human in these ways than the human NS:D:huh::
maybe the mother will manage to find a kind of chip to NS III that will allow him to ageB) and it will be taken for the twin of NS. For the story maybe the characters make his public robot condition in front of everyone will be incredible, there could be a court case:wink: to know whether or not NS III can live on his own,  if society can accept him condition,   it's just a theory

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes it is cheesy...aahahahah...but heck I am all for it.

But now we have the issue that it is NS3 the robot who is in love with her, not the human NS. This AI is actually going through the whole Maslow hierarchy of needs.  Love and belonging is something he is craving - noticed how fondly he looks at photos of mum with NS. Then he wants recognition for being the one who saved SB- that's self esteem. He is slowly going to disobey  JYH's order as he makes up his own mind and heads towards self-actualisation.

Hide contents

This forum is getting more and more interesting! Thanks for the insight. I knew that chart, too, and mentioning it was a brilliant idea. 

7 hours ago, shayiza said:

Thanks for giving a different perspective to the story. I think the issue is, people feel strongly for the robot Namshin that they forgot So Bong doesnt know that. People said she is shameless and horrible for not being grateful to Namshin for saving her. I do agree she should have been more appreciative but i think the reason why she wanted to help the director was the need to find out what is the deal with Nam Shin. She doesnt know the director had intentions to harm Nam Shim. Some people said she has no redeeming qualities but you forgot, she actually risked her life to make sure others are saved from the fire. She was also genuinely concerned of Nam Shin when she saw him in the pool. I think people are protective toward robot Namshin and I do agree he has a special place in my heart. So Bong on the other hand is the anti heroine character. She is rough and greedy but beneath that surface, she is actually craving for affection which she didnt get from her dad. It was quite sad when her dad told her she should have just died although i know he didnt mean it. I guess i can see where So Bong roughness comes from. So when Namshin3 treats her well, she doesnt trust him because she is not used to people treating her kindly. 

So in a way, this story shows how a robot is actually able to show her the affection and love that she craves from 'humans'

A very agreeable analysis of the character. Thanks.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

I honestly like the idea that this drama is exploring this concept of AI & human relationship & love . Very interesting concept. And yes why not?  I am excited at the prospect of this drama addressing this possibility. The YT link is very interesting. I am reminded of this movie ...did you see this one? Really good

That's the route I hope they are going to take. The most "daring" and interesting one.

Empathic bridges connecting human/non-human/artificial beings is one of the main themes of the five sci-fi novels I've written so far...

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

David has a different relationship with NS3 than NS's mother. Why? David has never met the human NS and he is not related to him. He called NS3 "our son" insinuating that NS3 was his son too. He was the one who proposed to his loved one to take NS3 to the market. Then he asked NS3 to give them some privacy so that they could go on a date. David accorded more freedom to NS3 than the mother has ever done. She only saw him as a little kid in my opinion. From the start, David showed more respect towards NS3, he was not scared like she was. He was confident that NS3 would keep his word. Then David showed concern, when she decided to send NS3 to Seoul. His safety was his main concern.

To conclude, David  has never perceived NS3 as a replacement. He saw him as his real son. Therefore David could be the other one who will stand by NS3's side.

I agree with @enigmatic_zephy that NS3 finds in SB his true love and is accepted for whom he is: courageous, selfless and warm. Unlike the others, NS3 is straightforward and franc.  

His character is really growing on me. I expected him to be just an unimportant character, probably destined to disappear in a few episodes, but since the beginning he's been proving to be an interesting and compelling character with quite a relevant role.

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

For the story maybe the characters make his public robot condition in front of everyone will be incredible, there could be a court case:wink: to know whether or not NS III can live on his own,  if society can accept him condition,   it's just a theory

That's what I've been thinking all along... It remembers me of an old movie I LOVE, "Short Circuit 2". :wub:

Am soo happy for the ratings , seems they will hit double digit soon , if it goes with this pace !

They deserves the best ! 

:)

Neilsen  Korea rating % (nationwide)

ep 5 - 5.4 %

ep 6 - 6.3 %

ep 7 - 7.7 %

ep 8 - 9.9 %

Drama Are you human too and Robophiliacs - chukkadirimnida ( congratulations)

:)

8qDP1z1uI6sPy66TSlGQXIt3TPkhOMl5RrMFitK7

Aja Aja Hwaiting - AYHT crews And robophiliacs 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 PM KST

I found it really interesting how NS3 started to use less formal versions of "I" when referring to himself (has he done that before?) while talking to JYH.. because it's a sign of familiarity, and yet JYH betrayed his trust by lying to him more than once. JYH is obviously not a bad guy, but he clearly has an agenda. Like mom and "dad", I'm very interested to see NS3's development. I keep thinking about all the ways things could happen once NS wakes up... and I think he will in the next few episodes. Hopefully they can co-exist in peace. x_x

Archived