[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@darr @nateko @gladys57 I don't understand why some of you think that NS3 will turn rogue or nasty because so far, the writer's intention has been to question the superiority of humans and even to question if humans are really human in the sense of humanitarian. From the beginning, we were only shown cruel, greedy and ruthless humans, capable of lying, murder, cheating aso. Only NS3 has shown in a positive light. From my point of view, the people around NS3 like JYH and the mother, only sees NS3 as robot hence he has less rights than the human NS. Based on some of your comments, humans are superior because of their brains. Yet, PK Group has created a car requiring no driver. Why? Because the humans want to do something while driving, or it is even said that there will be less accident (driving under influence, falling asleep behind the wheel, not overlooking a signal, aso). If you think about it, then this creation implies that humans are definitely lacking and not perfect. How can they be superior then? 

Striking is that only NS3 was able to provide what SB has longing for such a long time: tenderness and sincerity. At the end of the episode, she no longer wanted to spy on him as she had accepted that he was a good person and she had misjudged him. sure, with the new revelation, she will be shocked ans shaken, yet once she sees that NS3 takes good care of her and still keeps giving her what she wanted, SB will stick by his side. 

Bebe, NS3 was able to provide what SB was looking for which is longing because the humans that made it/him made him to feel and display such. Remember when he went to buy flower for mummy. That was the way mummy programmed it cos mummy want somebody whom she can show feelings to like her lost son. 

Secondly, let's be realistic now. I know this is drama but how will they be intimate and the product of intimacy? Has it been possible that thus can happen, I will gladly ship the two. But SB being human will want to do all that humans do and live long to see her grandchildren unless they go for adoption which is entirely a different thing.

What I am trying to bring out all along was the greediness of man as regards the theme of this drama. Everybody is using everybody and in the end all the humans will still use the robot as they are doing now. That is what made them human.mummy is using robot, and it will hurt to see that mummy prefers and have regard for her son than the robot.

SB now likes robot because robot gives her what she wants, what of if our guy does a u turn for the better after experiencing near death,begs for forgiveness and try so much to redeem himself and and later want SB for himself? 

Logically what do u think will happen ?

This drama is very twisted, honestly.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

What do you mean by saying "How can we want N3 to be with SB when they can't procreate or was that taken care of?" Love doesn't necessarily concide with procreation. You can love someone deeply without wanting to have kids with him/her.

When it comes to sex, well, I think they'll figure it out. We don't know anything about N3's "potential" in that area, so far, but it's pretty clear that there IS a strong physical attraction, at least on Sobong's side. Her heart almost jumps out of her chest whenever he's close...

Namshin can't feel pain, at least so far, but all his other senses work like (or even better than) a human's.

We are being realistic here.

Can u tell me how a machine and a human will figure out making love if he is not programmed to do so?

How will he be accepted by her people and the society. And if she want to procreate what's wrong with that? 

I love N3 too passionately cos he is perfect but at the end, this is an imperfect world where perfection does not exist.

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@darr @nateko @gladys57 I don't understand why some of you think that NS3 will turn rogue or nasty because so far, the writer's intention has been to question the superiority of humans and even to question if humans are really human in the sense of humanitarian. From the beginning, we were only shown cruel, greedy and ruthless humans, capable of lying, murder, cheating aso. Only NS3 has be portrayed in a positive light. From my point of view, the people around NS3 like JYH and the mother, only sees NS3 as robot hence he has less rights than the human NS. Based on some of your comments, humans are superior because of their brains. Yet, PK Group has created a car requiring no driver. Why? Because the humans want to do something while driving, or it is even said that there will be less accident (driving under influence, falling asleep behind the wheel, not overlooking a signal, aso). If you think about it, then this creation implies that humans are definitely lacking and not perfect. How can they be superior then? 

@bebebisous33 Dear, I completely agree with you and haven't question NSIII. I was actually trying to be his advocate in my previous comment. :lol: Guess my English needs working on, sorry if I confused anyone. That bold part is exactly what I wanted to convey.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I've never watched Seo Kang Joon before this drama but I am so impressed with his performance. His acting as Nam Shin III is carrying the drama for me. 

I realised after yesterday's episode that aside from NS3 I find every other character unlikeable and unsympathetic. Actually I quite like David but that's about it.

I know it is the central idea of  the drama that the robot is more human than the humans but I hope the writing improves on the other characters particularly the female lead and fleshes them out. It isn't much fun watching a drama when I only care about one character:(

Sadly that’s my main problem with this show too - directing and cinematography, even OST is great, but script is not so good and some of actors are irritating. I really liked Gong Seung Yeon in Circle but her character here is... quite shouty. 

My heart’s already aching for NS3, how many people will betray him... this is going to be really difficult to watch.

27 minutes ago, nateko said:

@bebebisous33 Dear, I completely agree with you and haven't question NSIII. I was actually trying to be his advocate in my previous comment. :lol: Guess my English needs working on, sorry if I confused anyone. That bold part is exactly what I wanted to convey.

No, I know that you agree with me. Your post was clear about this. However, I tagged you because you had replied to others about that subject! I wanted to show that I was thinking like you. Your English is as good as mine or even better.

If humans are so superior, then how could they kill so many people during WWII? The humans can be crueler than animals sometimes.

@darr Love has nothing to do with procreation. First, there are different kind of love: a mother loves her son but she wouldn't like to have intimacy with him. Then a homosexual can't procreate but he can still have sex and love someone  from the same gender.

Moreover, there is the possibility: what if the creator of a robot hasn't realized that his robot could start thinking on its own. When people invent things, they sometimes don't get aware of the results and consequences of their invention. Don't forget the movies like "matrix" and "Terminator" /"Terminator 2", "Odyssey 2000"  where robots or computer become independent and make decision on their own so that they even take control over the planet.    

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

If humans are so superior, then how could they kill so many people during WWII? The humans can be crueler than animals sometimes.

Indeed, no animal is capable of human cruelty. 

Now that we've talked about animals and pets, I suddenly remembered that NSIII has a pet robot. The only kind of bromance I need is this :D

@bebebisous33 Yea, I thought so too. There was actually another scene in episode 3 or 4, where NSIII came home and greeted the little robot cleaner with a "Hello friend". That scene felt while cute was even more heartbreaking. I felt his loneliness through the screen.

My eyes have been blessed by the beauty that is Seo Kang-Joon, massive thanks to his parents for birthing such a gorgeous being to bless our screens!:wub:

Lee Joon-Hyuk is a hottie too:w00t: I felt sad for the robot when he said "I am Shin too, Mom...":unsure: It's funny how Shin the Robot confides in the robo-vacuum LoL! Robots unite:D

Wah talk 'bout bein' wasteful<_< So-Bong tossed her tablet into the trash:blink: she could've deleted or re-format the tab, but trash it? Hmph:tongue:

Ugh sorry but So-Bong is annoying! The way she kept yelling at Shin was on my nerves! Like be quiet for goodness sakes:rolleyes: uh-oh she knows the truth now:blink:

Thank goodness I drive an ordinary car, there's been many cases where hackers can hack into the smart car's tech system very much like it is in ep. 08 and that's dangerous when one loses control of vehicle.. 

Intense drama as the story moves fast. Love it.. A nice change from the last slow paced mellow drama ive watched. SKJ is killing it as an android. Im soo happy he is finally on a lead role. I think he outshined the main lead in Cheese in the Trap (sorry PHJ)... Hoping also he wont turn rouge in the future, coz im worried for NS getting jealous towards human NS and being ignored by SB as the preview suggests..Now I cant wait for the next episodes :)

@gladys57

Nope it's not just you. I felt a slight attraction between Joon-Hyuk & Seung-Yeon's characters. I don't know why but Joon-Hyuk has always struck me as robotic LoL? 

@nateko

There's been quite a few dramas aside from this where the characters establishes a bond with their robo-vacuum. Makes me want to get one LoL. They're super expen$ive though-_-

@bebebisous33

Which is why I always say the living is scarier than the dead. In this case us humans are our own worst enemy. When I watch dramas/movies involving robots and such it sort of brings to question our need to play God. And of course that goes horribly wrong due to greed, ambition etc. 

Yea while technology is great & all as it makes our lives convenient, it also makes us lazier and in some ways..dumber. So it's no surprise when the thing we create to enhance our lives can suddenly turn against us like Planet of the Apes where the apes outsmart us. 

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@gladys57

Nope it's not just you. I felt a slight attraction between Joon-Hyuk & Seung-Yeon's characters. I don't know why but Joon-Hyuk has always struck me as robotic LoL? 

@nateko

There's been quite a few dramas aside from this where the characters establishes a bond with their robo-vacuum. Makes me want to get one LoL. They're super expen$ive though-_-

@bebebisous33

Which is why I always say the living is scarier than the dead. In this case us humans are our own worst enemy. When I watch dramas/movies involving robots and such it sort of brings to question our need to play God. And of course that goes horribly wrong due to greed, ambition etc. 

Yea while technology is great & all as it makes our lives convenient, it also makes us lazier and in some ways..dumber. So it's no surprise when the thing we create to enhance our lives can suddenly turn against us like Planet of the Apes where the apes outsmart us. 

You are right. I can confirm that using new technologies can turn people into dummies. More and more teenagers use their cellphone like an extra-brain hence they stop learning vocabulary while learning a Foreign language. As a teacher for French, I observed that the students can no longer remember simple words like son (fils) and daughter (fille). When I was a trainee teacher, I was told that during a lesson, the students must learn minimum 10 words and maximum 15 words; nowadays the new trainee teachers are told to teach maximum 10 words during a lesson!! Do you think that the brain has got smaller over the last ten years? No, it is just with the new technology, people rely more and more on computer and robots and they are no longer asked to use their brain properly and memorize things. They think, Google translation is good enough as well or worst case, they think, they don't need to learn any Foreign language.  

Hello everyone! Finally delurking here! I have been anticipating this drama for quite sometime and finally I have seen it, and from what I can see it’s worth that wait! I love everything in this drama that I can finally write in this thread, hehehe coz my last thread was MY Golden Life, and my last drama that I have watched is I am not a robot. But this drama is worth writing good comments and feedback. I know that SB is getting there as the female lead, I wonder what is the intention of the writer that she made her like that in the beginning? Well anyway that is where we will see her character development especially now that she’s having feeling with NS3. But I really love NS3 rather than the human one, anyway we all do. I was really looking forward for the next episode. I just wonder why they delayed this series for so long and I know the shooting is already done, but I wonder how it will turn out, I hope it will really be worth the time till the end. Anyway so long everyone! 

3 hours ago, darr said:

Secondly, let's be realistic now. I know this is drama but how will they be intimate and the product of intimacy? Has it been possible that thus can happen, I will gladly ship the two. But SB being human will want to do all that humans do and live long to see her grandchildren unless they go for adoption which is entirely a different thing.

Again, how to you get to such a blunt statement? There is A LOT of couples who cannot have or don't want kids and are deeply in love anyway. I'm 35 and I've been in a couple for the last 13 years with a same-age partner that I love A LOT. Both of us work, we have bought a house together, we cultivate many hobbies and we enjoy our lives without feeling the need to have kids. If I fell in love with a person I cannot have kids with, it wouldn't be a problem: I couldn't care less. The world is packed-full of infertile people who love their partners anyway and couples deciding for various reasons not to have kids. An example? The current trends in my country (Italy) point towards the fact that around one quarter of Italian women belonging to my generation won't have children, in their lives: they'll opt out. It can already be considered a common choice, in many developed countries.

@jerboa83 @nateko I have the impression that JYH and Laura will propose to buy SB in order to hide the secret which SB will refuse. They have perceived her as greedy due to her actions. They are not aware that SB had changed her mind. She wanted to quit her job since she didn't want to betray SN3. She saw NS3 as a good man. But for SB, money was just an excuse... like I had pointed out, she wanted to be treated nicely. Only NS3 did that towards her, complimented her for being sincere. However, I have the impression that NS3 will be the one who convinces her to stay by his side, because he needs her. In order to persuade her, he will treat her nicely so that she changes her mind. 

From the first episodes I didn't fully understand motive SB, and I don't talk about take a pic and sell them, but her feel wronged towards NS that he used her spying. She dosn't have even one positive aspects in her character. Shameless, rude, liar etc. Nothing likeable right? So I decided to wait longer to see what is her story to full judge her or understand her behavior. And we get that story in 2 last episodes. Because some scumbag she lost opportunity to be fighter,  their broke her leg and accused her for cheating. She don't even want to clear herself because even if she won, she still can't back to the ring. She lost what she loves. she lost her identify. Who she was... Like she sad Game over. She take a lesson and lost of trust to people. So after that she start play the same card like that scumbag, because everyone is cheating liar and the most powerfull thing is money, right?  

And we back again to NS used her. I think she was somehow okay with slap and lost job because she thought that she deserve for that. Everything change when she find out that everything was set up. "So rich, spoiled kid use her and because of that she lost face and job, and he dare hiding from the public his real face."- something like that I think. She want revenge and expose his true identify. that was her motive. For her this is hard to believe that he has pure motive to hug her when she cry or when he save her live. She is greatfull but still something going on. And then Mr. Seo show up- he seems good father, who worry about daughter happiness and of course he pay a lot of money. 

I notice that NMIII and SB have something to common. Their both lonely. SB dad loves her, but he use to treat her ruthless without warming heart. Her only friend is that reporter who sold her to NS. The only person who might be show her love was a mom and she missed her a lot. So she has no one. NMIII also become lonely. He was happy when he was with mom, he was her son. Now real NS become more important. They likely cut from him and start talking lie. After their treat him like a person, he sadenly become AI. You know what I mean? The scene when he talk with his mother was so sad... :( I am more and more growing with his character. And he has that special smile when no one see and he talk with vaccum cleaner:D  I am happy that after all SB saw the truth in NMIII actions and decided to quit. This was big break for her character. I am quiet surprice that she will know the truth so soon. Thats mean that she will fall in love in NSIII knows that he is AI not a human. Interesting:huh: Now I am see this trailer in diffrent way...

@Netka85 Great post! :wub:I agree that SB and NS3 are both lonely and missing their mother. If you compare SB to the others, like JYH and Laura (the mother), you will notice that while they had a good relationship at the beginning, it is now deteriorating.

- JYH only perceives him as a machine that is not able to judge. NS3 has just to follow his orders. The assistant even lies to NS3.

- The mother makes a false promise (we will leave soon!) which is like a lie. In the preview, we see her asking JYH to remove NS3 from the self-driving car project. She doesn't ask for NS3's opinion. She just decides on her own.

And for SB, it has the exact opposite evolution. She sees his gentle nature, unaware that he is just a robot. I am really looking forward for this scene, where she asks him to become his own personal robot. She calls him Tin Can and in my opinion, she treats him better than his own mother. She gives him a different name and as such an identity, as he has no longer one. For the mother, he was just a replacement. NS3 was created because she missed her son... Once she is by his side and NS is next to her, NS3's purpose becomes irrelevant.

@bebebisous33 thank you:wink:  I wait for that scene with personal robot too:wink: I think after she accept him as who he is their relationship become cute friendship like we see in the trailer. And him asked her to be friends sounds like he is talking to vaccum cleaner:lol: I think she also will be only one who not only treat him as a person even if she know who he is and his pure and gentle change her heart. I think story become more warm now- I trully hope so:wink:

The scene I put under "spoiler" remembers me of Kusanagi Motoko diving in Tokyo's bay to be able to isolate from the world and to ponder her status as a mostly-artificial being practically owned by her creators and the existence of her "ghost" (the soul of a "real" sentient "person", a mind capable of empathy and auto-determination). I think it's probably an explicit homage to Ghost in the Shell... 

Archived